turfking8

Can we do away with the stupid suicides?

The suicides nonsense has to stop, it makes the game unenjoyable! if I kill somebody to an inch of their life and they somehow die, by whether they quit that's another thing, if you quit it should count as a kill for Jason and if you quit too often you should be suspended temporarily for like an hour as they do in other games online. How are suicides not counted as a kill I lose killed more people that were suicides do they stepped on a piece of glass or something going out of window when they're almost dead in one game ridiculous. On the next update, you should make it so people CAN choose NOT to be Jason. Obviously you can't do that the other way around nor should you, but apparently everyone don't want to be Jason, for whatever reason. All to often, the game starts and 30 seconds in they stop and quit and you have to go through the whole reset process again. Let the scaredy-Jasons select "don't want to be Jason" if they are too scared to be Jason, but anyway I thought you could help make the game better by a landslide, thanks

• Confused 1

You can choose to NOT be Jason. Just set your spawn preference to counselor it's in the settings menu. The only time you could be Jason is when everyone else in the lobby has their preference also set to counselor then it is chosen by random. As far as leaving ,they tried a "penalty" system before and it failed miserably, there were ways around it suicide being one of them. I agree suicides should count towards Jasons kill count but they could never punish suiciding because it's too hard to prove whether it was intentional or not.

jason gains 100 xp for a kill plus more xp depening of the kill (10 for weapon kill, 20 for grab kill, 50 for eviromental kill). for me when a counselor disconects or dies (by suicide or betrayal) jason should receive the normal 100 xp kill points.

8 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

You can choose to NOT be Jason. Just set your spawn preference to counselor it's in the settings menu. The only time you could be Jason is when everyone else in the lobby has their preference also set to counselor then it is chosen by random. As far as leaving ,they tried a "penalty" system before and it failed miserably, there were ways around it suicide being one of them. I agree suicides should count towards Jasons kill count but they could never punish suiciding because it's too hard to prove whether it was intentional or not.

I did not realize that. Maybe it should be made clear in the tip section if you don't want to be Jason make sure you check off counselors in the preferred section because I would assume most of the quitting is from newbies not wanting to be Jason. I don't know if they are too afraid to play as Jason so they just quit and then the game has to be restarted.  I agree with everything else you said but I was never trying to insinuate suicide should count against somebody, they should just count towards Jason's total kills not against him, especially when the person is nine-tenths dead already. Quitting, on the other hand, is an issue and I guess if temporary hour suspensions were tried before and failed with this game, then I guess that's fine but I think the people that really like playing this game don't quit and would appreciate getting rid of the people that make a habit of it honestly... if they want to quit where they get suspended and not play for an hour that's on them and the game should be much better and still have cool full games.

Also another thing that chaps my ass? When counselors are about to die But quit and Jason doesn't get credit for the kill. It occurs now so many times so I think as soon as you have them in the grasp and you're starting to kill him, whether they quit or not it should be a Kill because that's annoying as all hell.

some of these players are champion quiters. they quit so fast its like they yanked the cord out with their toes.

just dont let it bother you. points or not, you both know they were doomed. so just dont let dumb shit like this piss you off & youll be rippin heads off like a cool calm jason.

If the animation for the grab kill started, the kill still counts for Jason regardless if the person leaves,newer player may not be aware of this. If you start punishing people for leaving they will just get mad and become trolls like hoarding objective parts and go put them in Jason's shack, trap you into corners or no escape rooms with a gun pointed at you and you can't push them out of your way. Anything to make your gaming experience as miserable as possible. Do you really want to deal with that?

ya know whats funny? when a little group of idiots all suicide at the start of a match, then they sit thru the entire round! why... would you do that? they think theyre trolling but who got trolled? i still played the round & had fun while they sat it out.. whats the fun in that?

• Like 1

One time I was playing as a counselor & was near death, being chased by Jason. I attempted to turn & try to smack him with a baseball bat in a last ditch effort to stun him. There was a trap close by that I ended up stepping in, which killed me. It was accidental, but in doing so, I deprived him of a kill. I tend to prefer fighting to the end, rather than committing suicide.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 8:56 AM, Bigbossman1202 said:

One time I was playing as a counselor & was near death, being chased by Jason. I attempted to turn & try to smack him with a baseball bat in a last ditch effort to stun him. There was a trap close by that I ended up stepping in, which killed me. It was accidental, but in doing so, I deprived him of a kill. I tend to prefer fighting to the end, rather than committing suicide.

This is exactly the type of kill that needs to be a kill for Jason because he forced you into that trap one way or another, you died trying to get away from him and because of him you landed in it and Jason probably killed you 9/10 of the way already too so that is exactly my point, that shouldn't be a suicide. Thanks for bringing that up, that's like the epitome of the ones that drive me nuts

Not all instances of suicide in this game are intentional. The same holds true for betrayals.

There are times in the heat of the moment when a counselor accidentally steps in their own trap or the trap of another player while trying to escape Jason.

There are also times when a counselor is running for their life, and end up as roadkill. The accidental hit and run penalizes the driver with -1000 XP.

Sometimes counselors jump through a broken window, or a second story window, and think they can survive.