Sign in to follow this  
JasonFan420

So what do you think will happen to the game once the lawsuit is over? Do you think they will take it off PS4?

So I've heard that there's a lawsuit going on and it should be coming to an end however my biggest concern is weather or not the game will continue to be on PS4 or if they will take it down for good. I really hope they keep it on PS4. Any thoughts on this guys?

I wouldn't know why they would.If you have the physical copy (CD) then it will still play regardless wouldn't it?.The only thing to worry about is the servers going away and that isn't a PS4 decision.

8 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I wouldn't know why they would.If you have the physical copy (CD) then it will still play regardless wouldn't it?.The only thing to worry about is the servers going away and that isn't a PS4 decision.

Tbh if the owners of the franchise say cease and desist all use of our copyrighted material  their lawyers can make ps4 and all other gaming platforms take it down sooo..... yeah😒

We don't know who the franchise owners are yet. I don't believe they could remove something that was previously licensed anyway. The game has been out 3 years. As I said with the CD you should be able to play at least against the bots regardless.They aren't coming to your door asking for your CD.

1 hour ago, JasonFan420 said:

So I've heard that there's a lawsuit going on and it should be coming to an end

Yeah, we've all heard that before. A decision will be made, an appeal will be entered and we'll be back to square one. Regardless who wins the rights, nothing will happen to the game. Cunningham was the one that gave the rights to Gun to make the game and Miller has since said he would've liked to seen the game continue. This was supposed to be the month that there was a chance of a resolution to the lawsuit, but with the pandemic ongoing, I seriously doubt they kept the court date.

• Like 1

Why would they take the game down or off the PS store/XBox store or Steam just because the lawsuit would be settled?

That makes zero sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This won't effect the game at all. The impact from the lawsuit has already been felt with all new content stopped. Gun will keep the online servers on until they decide it's time to pull the plug, so no worries till then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

Why would they take the game down or off the PS store/XBox store or Steam just because the lawsuit would be settled?

That makes zero sense. 

Whatever...😒

As soon as the lawsuit is settled a new company needs to be chosen by sean cunningham or victor miller to continue and expand the Friday the 13th video game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

As soon as the lawsuit is settled a new company needs to be chosen by sean cunningham or victor miller to continue and expand the Friday the 13th video game.

You have a much better chance of a new F13 game happening from another company (long after the legal matters get sorted out) than a continuation of this one.

Gun has said no more content. Let's leave it at that.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

You have a much better chance of a new F13 game happening from another company (long after the legal matters get sorted out) than a continuation of this one.

Gun has said no more content. Let's leave it at that.

I NEVER MENTIONED GUN MEDIA GETTING THE CONTRACT FOR A NEW FRIDAY THE 13TH GAME.

I SAID A NEW COMPANY AFTER THE LAWSUIT IS SETTLED.

4 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I NEVER MENTIONED GUN MEDIA GETTING THE CONTRACT FOR A NEW FRIDAY THE 13TH GAME.

And you also implied a continuation of the current game that is owned by Gun. As mentioned above, Gun has stated no more content. Another company will not be able to "continue" the current game. They could however make a completely different game.

• Like 1

The formula is already there.  If a new company wants to make their own game and see what worked here, it shouldn't be hard to get it right.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 9:10 AM, JasonFan420 said:

So I've heard that there's a lawsuit going on and it should be coming to an end however my biggest concern is weather or not the game will continue to be on PS4 or if they will take it down for good. I really hope they keep it on PS4. Any thoughts on this guys?

In the ten years it will take for the lawsuit to be over I think that we will be in PS6 territory. 

• Haha 1

I hope when the lawsuit ends they will add content again.  Even though they said they wouldn't.

Both people involved in the lawsuit would like to see the game keep going so the game is staying either way

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Potato_rights said:

I hope when the lawsuit ends they will add content again.  Even though they said they wouldn't.

Both people involved in the lawsuit would like to see the game keep going so the game is staying either way

The game isn’t going anywhere.....but they will definitely not be adding any new content even after the lawsuit is settled...

The most important reason Why Gun Won’t release any more content Is because restarting development on 2 year old content isn’t how game development works.......especially when the lawsuit continues to drag on with no end in sight.

Not to mention developing content on a licensed Brand is expensive.....

They would need to draw up new Licensing fees For all new future content With whoever is finally victorious and has the rights.......There is no telling if their Deal with Cunningham would stay in place.......

There are too many variables in place for Gun Media to have to deal with too many hurdles to go through just to possibly restart Content......with no Guarantee that they wouldn’t run into the same problem again.......They are better off not going down that road again....as a fan it breaks my heart to say but It is something that I have come to grips with.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/30/2020 at 2:06 AM, Strigoi said:

Typing in all caps is the equivalent of yelling. Yelling on a forum is rude. If you want to be taken seriously, don't be rude.

On 6/30/2020 at 12:12 PM, AchillesShield said:

The formula is already there.  If a new company wants to make their own game and see what worked here, it shouldn't be hard to get it right.

Some will make a new game, someday...

• Like 3

On 6/29/2020 at 8:15 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

We don't know who the franchise owners are yet. I don't believe they could remove something that was previously licensed anyway. The game has been out 3 years. As I said with the CD you should be able to play at least against the bots regardless.They aren't coming to your door asking for your CD.

Even if they did, theyre not getting it.

On 7/1/2020 at 9:55 PM, Fair Play said:

Typing in all caps is the equivalent of yelling. Yelling on a forum is rude. If you want to be taken seriously, don't be rude.

Some will make a new game, someday...

Is it the equivalant of yelling ? Why ? Cuz you say so ? Witch please.

• Confused 3