DreamWarrior90

I wish something could be done about cheaters and griefers.

Between people running over the other counselors with the car and people working with Jason, it ruins the fun. Had it happen 3 damn times yesterday, reporting them to Microsoft does nothing at all.  It just ruins the game for people who want to play legit. 

Had a match a couple of nights ago where 4 counsellors were teaming with Jason. Kept Jason at bay for about 10minutes then both cars joined in to run me over if I’m outside a cabin(wondered why they weren’t leaving while Jason was chasing me). Finally two got out of the cars to body block and help Jason more. Since day one I’ve never encountered teaming to this extent. 

In hindsight the devs might’ve been better banning teamers from the start (if actual proof is given). The amount of players that have given up on the game due to things like this far outweighs the teamers & cheats that none of us would be sad to see never play again. 

Getting run over is fairly easy to avoid.   Think I've been run over only once, and that was years ago.  Basically the 1st time I got run over, I learned I could get run over and that was it.

Probably all the years I spent playing GTA helped.      Always use solid objects as blockers, only approach vehicles from the side.

Teaming is just dumb.  But can be fun..  Because any Jason that needs help, is probably really, really bad.   I've had a lot of fun moments messing with Teamers and bad Jasons.   Surviving the full 20 mins and basically sucker Jason into attacking his so called team mates

Eh, trolls and griefers will ALWAYS find a way. No matter the game type.

I remember when the team took team killing out over the Summer of 2017. People acted like it was going to be the big cure all for the game. What did trolls/griefers do? Started body blocking people in rooms until they ragequit. What did the devs do? Added a push mechanic. So then people just decided to do other things which would be hard pressed to remove from the game.

1. Hold the keys/fuse - What are the devs gonna do about it? Strip the keys/fuse away from counselors after a period of time? Good luck with that.

2. Run over people with cars - What are the devs gonna do about it? Remove the car kill? Ok so now the griefers/trolls decide to stand in front of the exits or spots to prevent counselors from driving out unless they decide to make it so cars could clip through counselors.

3. Team with Jason and since now counselors can't be friendly fired, teamers can exist indefinitely for the duration of the game - What are the devs gonna do? Ban friends from games except for private match? So now they gotta remove the joint lobby feature that's been problematic over the game's lifecycle.

4. Leave before they are killed so Jason doesn't get the XP - They could actually solve this one by just giving credit the moment a player is grabbed but decides to alt F4 out, but then people will be whining about making things too easy for Jason or if said Jason is cheating, etc.

5. Glitch spots on the map, making the game last the full 20 minutes, THIS is pretty much the only reason why the timer makes sense and hindsight being what it is. It almost feels like this was less of a way to give counselors a late game winning mechanic but more about knowing their game is full of buggy, glitchy spots and rather than take the time to fix them before launch, just add a timer to end the game eventually to shortcut this.

Then talk about RANKED matchmaking. What would Jason or Counselor trolls do to avoid difficult games that might impede their enjoyment of dominating and/or ruining the game for others? Just create alt accounts so they get constantly matched against other low level legit players so they can avoid challenging games or anything to impede their style of game.

Add to that. They can't constantly ban these people, because its hard to ban players when you don't have that many playing anymore to begin with. I remember Wes reponded to some trolls on twitter talking about how dead the game is by simply saying his dedicated server bill said otherwise. Well not really, because you typically pay a flat fee for a dedicated server unless you have overage costs. Unless this game has like 30 dedicated servers total combined on all the platforms always full constantly, I highly doubt they're paying a ton in overage costs unless the playerbase is being carried on console platforms, because the PC platform is absolutely lukewarm.

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Eh, trolls and griefers will ALWAYS find a way. No matter the game type.

I remember when the team took team killing out over the Summer of 2017. People acted like it was going to be the big cure all for the game. What did trolls/griefers do? Started body blocking people in rooms until they ragequit. What did the devs do? Added a push mechanic. So then people just decided to do other things which would be hard pressed to remove from the game.

1. Hold the keys/fuse - What are the devs gonna do about it? Strip the keys/fuse away from counselors after a period of time? Good luck with that.

2. Run over people with cars - What are the devs gonna do about it? Remove the car kill? Ok so now the griefers/trolls decide to stand in front of the exits or spots to prevent counselors from driving out unless they decide to make it so cars could clip through counselors.

3. Team with Jason and since now counselors can't be friendly fired, teamers can exist indefinitely for the duration of the game - What are the devs gonna do? Ban friends from games except for private match? So now they gotta remove the joint lobby feature that's been problematic over the game's lifecycle.

4. Leave before they are killed so Jason doesn't get the XP - They could actually solve this one by just giving credit the moment a player is grabbed but decides to alt F4 out, but then people will be whining about making things too easy for Jason or if said Jason is cheating, etc.

5. Glitch spots on the map, making the game last the full 20 minutes, THIS is pretty much the only reason why the timer makes sense and hindsight being what it is. It almost feels like this was less of a way to give counselors a late game winning mechanic but more about knowing their game is full of buggy, glitchy spots and rather than take the time to fix them before launch, just add a timer to end the game eventually to shortcut this.

Then talk about RANKED matchmaking. What would Jason or Counselor trolls do to avoid difficult games that might impede their enjoyment of dominating and/or ruining the game for others? Just create alt accounts so they get constantly matched against other low level legit players so they can avoid challenging games or anything to impede their style of game.

Add to that. They can't constantly ban these people, because its hard to ban players when you don't have that many playing anymore to begin with. I remember Wes reponded to some trolls on twitter talking about how dead the game is by simply saying his dedicated server bill said otherwise. Well not really, because you typically pay a flat fee for a dedicated server unless you have overage costs. Unless this game has like 30 dedicated servers total combined on all the platforms always full constantly, I highly doubt they're paying a ton in overage costs unless the playerbase is being carried on console platforms, because the PC platform is absolutely lukewarm.

You know... tweaking the game so that cars go right through players actually sounds like a pretty good idea, but it would probably require quite a bit of recoding. The collision on the front and back dumper would probably have to be changed and God knows what would go wrong if they did. Still, it's a nice idea that would make killing teammates literally impossible unless you got them to step in traps.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 1:00 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Find a discord or reddit group or something for people that want to play legit. Private matches are the best way, unfortunately.

Pretty sound advice right here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1