Sign in to follow this  
RetroJason89

Questions about the abandoned content

Don't worry this isn't me asking for more content or if any will be released after the lawsuit ... have to accept the truth on that area but no this just me asking what was going to be released before the 2 money hungry goblins went to court & screwed up everything. ūüėí

So with that out of the way here are my questions to the team who worked on the game & hope they can answer some of them.ūüôÉ

1. What were the scrapped maps that were going to be released?

2. Was Uber Jason's theme going be the "Birth of Uber Jason" ?

3. Was pre Uber Jason ever into consideration or already finished like Uber Jason but as his own Jason & if so what were his stats?

4. Despite being an alternate skin to PT.3 was NES Jason ever planned to be his own individual Jason with stats & everything?

5. How many more kills were going to be released?

6. Were there any more ideas or plans for more alternate outfits for the counselors?

7. More weapons for Jason? If so what kind? 

5 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

The Grendel I believe was to be the last map added to the game.

Not sure but if not it definitely should be.

3. Was pre Uber Jason ever into consideration or already finished like Uber Jason but as his own Jason & if so what were his stats?

I am pretty sure Wes said Pre-Uber was not going to make it into the game and Uber was going to be the last Jason added as well.

4. Despite being an alternate skin to PT.3 was NES Jason ever planned to be his own individual Jason with stats & everything?

Yes, he was going to become his own Jason at one point.

Every weapon Jason wields in the game was supposed to get a kill pack.... so with the 6 Jason X kills I believe in the area of 22 -25 new kills were going to be implemented.

6. Were there any more ideas or plans for more alternate outfits for the counselors?

Pajama pack was supposed to happen and I believe an OG Crystal lake Camp counselor shirt and shorts was as well.

I believe Jason X machete and a sledgehammer are all that I am aware of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

if you look around on youtube, you can find some videos showing everything. one video i watched in particular showed jason & chad on just like a blank test area doing all the unused animations. one i found interesting is what appeared to be a "lock up" mini game where it looked like you used a quick time event to escape a struggle with jason. it was weird..

a bunch of regular grab kills, weapon kill packs for all, the shears had some crazy ones. like pinning your foot into the ground with one shear while he slashed ya with the other one. aside from the hammer & space machete, there was a wooden spear with all its own spear moves. the hammer was by far the most brutal weapon moves id say.

if ya go searching to find these videos be sure to bring your crying towel : (

• Like 1

For new maps they going to add the Lazarus boat from Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan in some form. That was posted by a few people who somehow got access to development versions. Unsure if it was a new standalone map or more of a virtual cabin-type experience.

KM-14, the android character from Jason X, was supposed to be added, presumably as a Tommy Jarvis stand-in for the Grendel map. You can find it on the F13 Game wiki, or you can probably bring up Steam Community right now and see less than legitimate videos of her. https://fridaythe13ththegame.fandom.com/wiki/Kay-Em

There is other new content that was mentioned, but no development was seen in any leaked builds. You were supposed to be able to customize cars and change their colors at one point, mentioned by the devs in 2017.

9 hours ago, Mince said:

KM-14, the android character from Jason X, was supposed to be added, presumably as a Tommy Jarvis stand-in for the Grendel map. You can find it on the F13 Game wiki, or you can probably bring up Steam Community right now and see less than legitimate videos of her. https://fridaythe13ththegame.fandom.com/wiki/Kay-Em

Lol her model looks like it’s straight outta GTA: San Andreas!

What about the Paranoia mode we never got? I still find it funny that they have the trailer for it on YouTube but it was never released. Out of all the cut content we didn’t get I think this one hurt me the most.

It really sucks the way it all happened because we would've gotten some really good stuff. 

Grendel Map + Uber Jason 

Paranoia mode

New single player challenges maybe ?

New outfits

New kills

New/Updated perks 

Probably would've made maps for each movie

The game missed out on a lot of potential. 

• Like 1

Paranoia wasn't coming.

It was shitcanned by those in charge before the lawsuit.  They said it wasn't fun. 

15 hours ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

What about the Paranoia mode we never got? I still find it funny that they have the trailer for it on YouTube but it was never released. Out of all the cut content we didn’t get I think this one hurt me the most.

Ah yes, how I could forget those blue circles posted on social media every week.

On 6/22/2020 at 5:32 AM, RetroJason89 said:

Don't worry this isn't me asking for more content or if any will be released after the lawsuit ... have to accept the truth on that area but no this just me asking what was going to be released before the 2 money hungry goblins went to court & screwed up everything. ūüėí

So with that out of the way here are my questions to the team who worked on the game & hope they can answer some of them.ūüôÉ

Were missing a total of 4 maps  

Abandoned Camp Blood Map.

Camp Forest green and Sheriffs station,big camper

Shepherds house map camp,party house

Manhattan map.

Once the lawsuit is over, they should add more content. There is no reason not to, there are a lot of people that still play it on every platform. I would like to see cross platform play between PS4,Xbox one and The Switch. Hell there is no reason to not add it as that isn't new content. 

The game had and kinda still has potential but it seems like when a patch is rolled out,it breaks more things or doesn't work at all.

I always felt like Jason X/Uber Jason should be one slot with alternating attires, ala 3/NES. It's funny... though Pre-Uber is my least favorite look of Jason, I wanted him in the game as a companion piece to Uber, I guess to "complete the set" if nothing else.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 6:37 AM, DarkRicochet117 said:

I was looking forward to it as well.

The concept could be the core of an entirely standalone game.

21 hours ago, SirMang said:

Paranoia wasn't coming.

It was shitcanned by those in charge before the lawsuit.  They said it wasn't fun. 

Someone with the right wavelength of outside the box thinking could have possibly made it work.

15 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Were missing a total of 4 maps  

Abandoned Camp Blood Map.

Camp Forest green and Sheriffs station,big camper

Shepherds house map camp,party house

Manhattan map.

There were possibilities for maps beyond just what was featured in the movies.

4 hours ago, DreamWarrior90 said:

Once the lawsuit is over, they should add more content. There is no reason not to, there are a lot of people that still play it on every platform. I would like to see cross platform play between PS4,Xbox one and The Switch. Hell there is no reason to not add it as that isn't new content. 

The game had and kinda still has potential but it seems like when a patch is rolled out,it breaks more things or doesn't work at all.

The developers have made the decision to pass on releasing new content. Given the uncertain endpoint of the lawsuit, I can see why.

Staff (art, music/sound, etc.) that aren't coding / fixing bugs would be twiddling their thumbs or seeking other employment, unless other projects are on the horizon. I suspect there are, and we'll hear about them if and when they are ready to share details.

Crossplay is less likely to be implemented, as it could potentially require a rework of some game code. That is similar as to why we won't get a perk rework, or certain reworks for Jason as well. Crossplay without the PC player base would never happen, as you shouldn't intentionally exclude one group, even if there are a number of hackers in said group.

I do agree about the disappointment from a patch that breaks things, or doesn't fix things that were supposed to be fixed. It seems like that is a recurring routine with this game. Most of us still here enjoy the game despite these disappointments, and will endure them as needed, because we enjoy this game so much. Some of those things will get fixed before the very end, and stay fixed, hopefully...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Someone with the right wavelength of outside the box thinking could have possibly made it work.

Not saying you're wrong, but Gun themselves cancelled Paranoia well before the lawsuit happened.  It wasn't coming regardless of Sean Cunningham and Victor Miller.  There's posts here that make it sound like without the lawsuit we would have gotten Paranoia but the truth is we were never going to get it. 

@Strigoi none of those maps were ever announced to be coming.  In fact, Gun stated that the Grendel was going to be the last map released.  

16 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Not saying you're wrong, but Gun themselves cancelled Paranoia well before the lawsuit happened.  It wasn't coming regardless of Sean Cunningham and Victor Miller.  There's posts here that make it sound like without the lawsuit we would have gotten Paranoia but the truth is we were never going to get it. 

@Strigoi none of those maps were ever announced to be coming.  In fact, Gun stated that the Grendel was going to be the last map released.  

I am aware of and read the appropriate posts on the subject.

It is quite a shame that the idea never got completed. A mode like that could have turned things around.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2020 at 6:21 PM, Thunder said:

It really sucks the way it all happened because we would've gotten some really good stuff. 

Grendel Map + Uber Jason 

Paranoia mode

New single player challenges maybe ?

New outfits

New kills

New/Updated perks 

Probably would've made maps for each movie

The game missed out on a lot of potential. 

I wish they would add those things after the lawsuit like they originally said they were going to :(

On 6/26/2020 at 8:51 AM, SirMang said:

Paranoia wasn't coming.

Was it really cancelled before the lawsuit ? Is there any tweet or link to it?

Remember when i first played it with friends i was a bit skeptical of it because it sounded stupid but it was a really fun "mode" to play. 

Given the cracked gameplay made by those Russian hackers of Paranoia.

If it was anything close to what I've seen. People would've just avoided the game mode as it would've been another teamers Paradise.

Every game would be...

1. Nessa/token speed character rushes/loots for the Roy outfit loaded in one of the drawers

2. They change to Roy at the right time, cue players getting annoyed and raqequitting because it won't be scary or surprising...just annoying to entitled gamers when they are surprise killed...probably why the devs felt it wasn't fun...as in for casuals and trolls

3. Insert teamers

4. Welcome to dead game mode and everyone sticking with the original game mode

5. Give or take team killing being allowed once the counselor activates the Roy costume, if it were allowed, people would be complaining for Gun to turn it off

14 hours ago, Thunder said:

Was it really cancelled before the lawsuit ? Is there any tweet or link to it?

Remember when i first played it with friends i was a bit skeptical of it because it sounded stupid but it was a really fun "mode" to play. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/7ud857/paranoia_current_status_and_path_ahead/

January 2018.  End of content announcement came in June. 

16 hours ago, Potato_rights said:

I wish they would add those things after the lawsuit like they originally said they were going to :(

When and where did they say they were going to add content after the lawsuit?

They said i

40 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

When and where did they say they were going to add content after the lawsuit?

They said when the lawsuit first began they would continue to add content after it was finished, but after it took too long they said they weren't going to add new content anymore

43 minutes ago, Potato_rights said:

They said i

They said when the lawsuit first began they would continue to add content after it was finished, but after it took too long they said they weren't going to add new content anymore

Might wanna have a look at this thread. It was never said that they were going to add content after the lawsuit. 

There was a discussion had shortly after the lawsuit started because it looked as though it might be settled quickly after the announcement, but again the answer was no to future content. 

Edit*** Initial link doesn’t work
Here

• Thanks 2