Jump to content

Is Jason Slashing only foul or fair?  

68 members have voted

  1. 1. Is Jason slashing only foul or fair?

    • Foul - Jason should show some restraint and sympathy to his victims.
    • Fair - Jason is meant to kill by any means necessary.
    • Don't know


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Basically if people only use melee attacks and don't want to use any cinematic kills..  The should be playing another game.. period.

people play how they want. that counts for every game. if someone finds funny to just slash,  should keep doing it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People will play how they like. Personally I mix it up as it's annoying and less chance of killing everyone if you always go for an animated kill. If you pick up 3 or 4 people in a game with a pocket knife there's more chance of counselors escaping or surviving. Those taunting you nearly always have a pocket knife... slash away. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

To be honest....  If people like slashing DBD is probably they game they should be playing.

 

The DBD killers don't have any real kills..  and basically just run around doing the same slash over and over and over.     Seems like DBD is a perfect match for them.

 

IMO The 'slashing' term keeps getting misused.

 

Slashing, in this game and topic, is the simple basic melee attack.   Its not a shot a "SLASHERS'.   Theres plenty of cinematic kills in this game that involve 'slashing'

Also this topic is about people who "ONLY SLASH".     Its not about people who use slash.   (Melee)

 

Basically if people only use melee attacks and don't want to use any cinematic kills..  The should be playing another game.. period.

 

Your responses to a video game are comical !   Again , it's a game with the same kills for years now and your talking about games that people can run around and do the same things ! What do you think this game is ?

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Carlso said:

people play how they want. that counts for every game. if someone finds funny to just slash,  should keep doing it.

Would you apply that logic to to everything in this game?

Like another counselor running you over with a car on purpose?     They would probably say thats 'how they want to play' and its funny..   

For the record, im all for people playing how they want.  But im also all for calling out the bullshit.

 

 

12 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

Your responses to a video game are comical !   Again , it's a game with the same kills for years now and your talking about games that people can run around and do the same things ! What do you think this game is ?

 

Im a comical guy.     

 

But seriously.   Who gives a rats fucking ass if its the same kills?.  I watch f13th movies all the time, and never get tired of the same kills i've been seeing for YEARS and YEARS.  So your excuse is pretty comical.

What game do you think this is?      

Its sure as hell not a swetty try hard e sport.      Theres over 60 kills in this game.  So STFU and use em'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Jasons who love to slash, or defend those who do, how do you feel about counselors who Team with Jason, Have dance parties, troll you with tea bagging or spend the match hiding under a bed?

The reason why I ask is because none of the above are "Cheating".  They are all acceptable under the rules of the game (just like slashing Jasons). 

I have a feeling that a lot of "Slashing Jasons" have reported or cried about Teamers.  But it would be hypocritical to do so. 

Plenty of Horror movies have douchebag characters who help the killer, whether its teaming or just saving their own ass.  And yet the general consensus around here is that Teamers should be banned and lame-ass Slaher Jasons are fine.

 

images.jpeg

Beni_Gabor.jpg

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Laotian Lam, I’m not a huge supporter of slashing. It’s kinda boring, but it’s completely unreasonable to compare Jason Slashing to teaming. Slashing is a mechanic of the game and  (unfortunately) there are several players out there that decide to use it. Teaming is outright cheating and the only reason it’s is still going on is because Gun won’t get off their ass and ban the trash.

As for your other comparisons, those are completely reasonable. Especially the tea bagging and dance parties. They are equally annoying as a slash only Jason. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Teaming is outright cheating

Technically I dont think it is.  I could be wrong but I dont believe it is against any rule or ToS.  Its more  a subjective opinion whether or not it is cheating.  If someone sells me out while I am fixing the car in order save his own ass it isnt cheating, its just douchey.   And if I run him over afterwords it isnt cheating either, its payback. :)

Tbh, I consider using Party Chat to be worse than Teaming.  Being able to get help from dead counselors is cheating.   Selling out counselors to Jason is just being a Beni Gabor.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Laotian Lam, if someone rats you out to save themselves, that’s one thing. But if Jason has a friend that’s in party chat with him and they lead him to every counselor and sabotages their chances at escape from the very beginning of the round, that’s cheating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Laotian Lam, if someone rats you out to save themselves, that’s one thing. But if Jason has a friend that’s in party chat with him and they lead him to every counselor and sabotages their chances at escape from the very beginning of the round, that’s cheating. 

I agree but to me it is the Party Chat use that is cheating.  If Jason and the Counselor are using gamechat to go around killing people it would be within the rules.  (And like the rest of you I would probably go find a new lobby)

Afterall, if they made a F13 movie using characters from the game, would anyone be surprised if Chad decided to sell out the other counselors and lead Jason around camp?  I think not.  Lol

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Party chat is legit BS , in my book . I played with some legit very good players the second one suggested party chat it went straight to bullshit tattle tail stuff . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

how do you feel about counselors who Team with Jason, Have dance parties, troll you with tea bagging or spend the match hiding under a bed?

losing is not fun, but that is what makes the game fun. if every match was a guaranteed win for jason, playing jason would be boring.

i can say that is 100% more satisfying to kill a jason that actually slashes and try to not die than a jason that does only "honorable" grabs and gets owned

don't even know why people are so upset abou slashing. most of the times that i survive when i shouldn't is when jason tries to slash instead of grabbing.

if jason is behind you, just keep running, he'll hit you but won't deal enough damage to take away your sprint. if he's in front of you, block the next hit turn around and run. if he manages to kill you, it's not he's fault you got outplayed or done silly mistakes because of panic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Carlso said:

don't even know why people are so upset abou slashing. most of the times that i survive when i shouldn't is when jason tries to slash instead of grabbing.

if jason is behind you, just keep running, he'll hit you but won't deal enough damage to take away your sprint. if he's in front of you, block the next hit turn around and run. if he manages to kill you, it's not he's fault you got outplayed or done silly mistakes because of panic.

it truly is a silly topic but i got suckered in .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carlso said:

losing is not fun, but that is what makes the game fun. if every match was a guaranteed win for jason, playing jason would be boring.

i can say that is 100% more satisfying to kill a jason that actually slashes and try to not die than a jason that does only "honorable" grabs and gets owned.

 

 

1 hour ago, Carlso said:

don't even know why people are so upset abou slashing. most of the times that i survive when i shouldn't is when jason tries to slash instead of grabbing.

This isn't about winning or losing.   Its not about being upset.  Not about being honorable.

Jason job is to kill with style. Its literally his claim to fame.    And melee attacks are the worst and laziest way to kill someone.

I think people either get it... or don't. 

I also think these 2 kinds of players who complain about melee kills.  Ones that complain because they had a Pocket Knife or someone who would help them if grabbed near by.   And players like me who get let down by how they get killed, because melee kills are bottom of the barrel gutter ball kills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Jason job is to kill with style

ha

 

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

because melee kills are bottom of the barrel gutter ball kills.

To be honest.... If you think like not slashing DBD is problably the game you should be playing.

DBD killers can't kill survivors with slashing, and they HAVE to grab in order to hook them. seems like DBD is the perfect match for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Carlso said:

To be honest.... If you think like not slashing DBD is problably the game you should be playing.

 

DBD killers can't kill survivors with slashing, and they HAVE to grab in order to hook them. seems like DBD is the perfect match for you.

Yeah DBD is definitely the better game anyways.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carlso said:

To be honest.... If you think like not slashing DBD is problably the game you should be playing.

The whole reason i can't stand DBD is because it barely has any actual kills,.  And is just the so called killer running around melee attacking the whole time and wiping his weapons... and then the hooks.   The whole reason i play this game is because its set up more like a slasher flick with tons of kills.

 

And, Its not that i don't like slashing.  I use it all the time... Mostly to set up the real kills.     Talking about people who only slash, even for kills.

For me,  I have to force myself to melee people to death.  Im usually thinking 5 or 6 kill steps ahead. 

Like, Can i push this player toward  that enviro kill.  Does that kill make sense at this time.  Does this kill look good infront of the cars head lights.   Can i make a specific body part bounce or land in a specific spot.    Ya know, the actual important things Jason has to do while playing at night.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JED said:

Yeah DBD is definitely the better game anyways.

ngl dbd is kind of trash. killers that don't kill, survivors stunning killers with wood things... wtf. also boring gameplay and repetitive maps.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Does that kill make sense at this time.  Does this kill look good infront of the cars head lights.   Can i make a specific body part bounce or land in a specific spot.    Ya know, the actual important things Jason has to do while playing at night.

i also like it, but as i said on my first comment on this topic: i don't do it, but i do not blame who does. i don't find frustrating to die for a slasher. bad teammates or jason teamers make me frustrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an awful lot of double posts and misguided anger here.

@Laotian Lam, I think a Chad in an F13 movie wouldn't snitch out other characters. He would leave them for dead, or knock them down to give Jason an easier target, while trying to save his own skin.

Teaming technically is not against the written rules, but is more like an unwritten rule to many players.

@Dragonfire82877, I find teaming rather unsavory, and switch lobbies once I spot it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has been tidied up. Avoid arguing and double posting and stick to the topic please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

 

, I find teaming rather unsavory, and switch lobbies once I spot it.

I generally do the same, but unfortunately, a lot of times you don’t know the teaming is actually happening until it’s too late. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dragonfire82877 said:

I generally do the same, but unfortunately, a lot of times you don’t know the teaming is actually happening until it’s too late. 

I feel ya on that one.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man, the salt about us slashers is sooooo big. now im gonna do it even more.

suck it, suckers!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Carlso said:

ngl dbd is kind of trash. killers that don't kill, survivors stunning killers with wood things... wtf. also boring gameplay and repetitive maps.

i also like it, but as i said on my first comment on this topic: i don't do it, but i do not blame who does. i don't find frustrating to die for a slasher. bad teammates or jason teamers make me frustrated.

Hehe ok if DBD is trash then what is Friday the 13th? I mean in the past thirty days forty seven thousand some people have logged in DBD on steam vs F13th 407.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...