Is Jason Slashing only foul or fair?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Is Jason slashing only foul or fair?

• Foul - Jason should show some restraint and sympathy to his victims.
    • Fair - Jason is meant to kill by any means necessary.
    • Don't know

Boring but fair. I’m close to get my PHD in the game and I always like to “go out” in a cool way, but I get why people stick with slashing. Get 3 pocket knives in a row and you’ll never wanna grab again. 😁

• Thanks 1

We get blame when we slash. In general I slash Tommy every time, and here, my last survivor because I think if the player dances and flashes his flashlight, he must have at least 2 knives. Buggsy complained about this and after all I shouldn't have apologized. 🤠

When Jason kills by just slashing, I'd say that's fair. Using the same kill methods gets boring over time though. I prefer to mix up my kills. I prefer to use the context kills if I can, but I suck at using Jason. I tend to average about 3 to 4 kills a match when playing multiplayer matches.

41 minutes ago, Bigbossman1202 said:

When Jason kills by just slashing, I'd say that's fair. Using the same kill methods gets boring over time though. I prefer to mix up my kills. I prefer to use the context kills if I can, but I suck at using Jason. I tend to average about 3 to 4 kills a match when playing multiplayer matches.

Three to four kills isn't so bad. With enough time, you'll clear a lobby sooner or later.

• Like 2

You need to slash to death one person per lobby if you're a completionist and want the badge. 

It's all fair game on how you kill someone, or how you die. 

Well if Jason wants to trade blows with counselors, its his mask in any scenario not 1v1, especially given his combat disadvantages.

On the other hand, it his only option in any scenario NOT 1v1 since grabs can be broken in one hit and hence become useless even with quick kill grabs.

This is just one of the many examples of the paper thin gameplay in retrospect.

Why was Grip Strength so lame? Why didn't it have any kind of damage modifier or perk to allow Jason to take more hits to release grabs rather than the lame meter effect that has ZERO consequence to gameplay other than context kills? Why wasn't it given any kind of substantial weakness beyond again..a quicker meter? Just one of the many areas where the game came out so vanilla.

Same idea with strength as a counselor stat. Lower strength counselors should've required more hits to free counselors as well as lower damage outputs. Things that might've made for a more dynamic game, rather than what it ended up being. Now you NEED lobbies with a more balanced load, since most of the women would be horrible at freeing others from Jason's grasp, so now his grab in a room full of Vanessas/Tiffs would be more powerful, especially if things like Grip Strength were altered as a I said above.

However, its clear the game was never meant to be anything more than a Mario Party type game only with a F13 facelift at times, but most often comes off like Street Fighter. Even if this game had money coming in from kill packs and silly counselor outfits. Its clear the core of the game would always be straight forward.

You can kinda guess the counselors running up to trying to get a high stun perk hit are going to have a pocket knife or even 2, same for TJ. Slash away and go for a grab on those trying to run away. 

I only slash. I got tired of weakening consuls, grab them, get knifed, and while I’m hurting, they heal and run the fuck away. SUPER annoying if it’s a Vanessa. I basically wasted my knives. So no more grabby, Only slashy. Seems people get super pissed because of that. Well excuuuuuuuuse me princess for not giving you a chance to heal.

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2020 at 10:31 AM, ULTIMA said:

I only slash. I got tired of weakening consuls, grab them, get knifed, and while I’m hurting, they heal and run the fuck away. SUPER annoying if it’s a Vanessa. I basically wasted my knives. So no more grabby, Only slashy. Seems people get super pissed because of that. Well excuuuuuuuuse me princess for not giving yxou a chance to heal.

My sentiments exact.😋👍

Just popping in to see the recents results & my god it warms my heart to see fellow Jason players understanding the fairness in slashing.😁 

Jason has a responsibility to kill for Mother. How he kills is up to him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

Just popping in to see the recents results & my god it warms my heart to see fellow Jason players understanding the fairness in slashing.😁 

Don't think anyone thinks that slashing isn't fair.  Its just that slashing people to death is just lame as hell.

Jason is an artistic killer.  Not just some nickel and dime boo boo baby slasher.

I go out of my way to try and give every player a different death, even if that gives them more of a chance to escape.  Because to me its not about how fast Jason kills or how many players he kills,  but how he kills.  

To me, anyone who only 'slashes' should not be playing as Jason..  Because you're taking that spot away from someone who can actually do his freaking job.  Which is to put on a show.

• Like 1

I prefer grab kills and to mix it up. Slashing is only one of Jason's many tools and far too common. It would be like playing Halo using the assault rifle only. The grab kills are more fun and give the counselor a small chance to break free,  adding to the survival genre of the game. If you have a Jason that only swings at you like a farmer hurrying to beat bad weather, it tends to remove that aspect. But to each their own.  Cheers, and game on,  my friends 

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Don't think anyone thinks that slashing isn't fair.  Its just that slashing people to death is just lame as hell.

Jason is an artistic killer.  Not just some nickel and dime boo boo baby slasher.

I go out of my way to try and give every player a different death, even if that gives them more of a chance to escape.  Because to me its not about how fast Jason kills or how many players he kills,  but how he kills.  

To me, anyone who only 'slashes' should not be playing as Jason..  Because you're taking that spot away from someone who can actually do his freaking job.  Which is to put on a show.

To each his own bub.

Players who ONLY slash as Jason are the equivalent to Players who ONLY play as Vanessa.  Their only concern is making the game as easy as possible.

Is it fair?  Absolutely.  

Is it lame?  Absolutely.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On the current of the game, slashing can be a matter of life or death. No Jason is obligated to lose the match just because some people dislike slashing.

1 minute ago, Carlso said:

On the current of the game, slashing can be a matter of life or death. No Jason is obligated to lose the match just because some people dislike slashing.

At the end of the day, the objective is to have fun. Fun is subjective, so every person sees it a bit differently.

Some have fun by killing as many counselors as possible, even if that means slashing.

Others have fun by putting on a show and using mixed killing methods.

Finding like-minded players and having Private matches seems to be the ideal way for most to have fun.

@HuDawg, I see the point you are making. I don't completely agree that Jason is obligated to entertain the lobby, but I do enjoy a match where it happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

To each his own bub.

To each their own... Sure.  But it is what it is.   

For me,  I would rather hump a bee hive then subject myself to a Jason player who only slashes.  Because at least, id get some fun out of that.

The only time slashing 'only' should be a thing, is if someone is a complete newbie and doesn't know what the grab button is. 

For people who slash 'only' just to get the kill over ASAP or are scared of a pocket knife...  They live on a different planet then me.

Slashing is something I normally do to weaken my prey until I grab them. That said, if I've gone into rage, i stop grabbing and only slash. by only slashing, you disable pocket knives, and if you're in rage, enough playtime has passed that getting knifed is too risky.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

To each their own... Sure.  But it is what it is.   

For me,  I would rather hump a bee hive then subject myself to a Jason player who only slashes.  Because at least, id get some fun out of that.

The only time slashing 'only' should be a thing, is if someone is a complete newbie and doesn't know what the grab button is. 

For people who slash 'only' just to get the kill over ASAP or are scared of a pocket knife...  They live on a different planet then me.

Hm this is sounding abit "Definitive" but I guess live on a different planet then cause how Jason kill is up to the player & not what the community think how they should kill.😛

1 minute ago, RetroJason89 said:

Hm this sounding abit "Definitive" but I guess live on different planet then cause how Jason kill is up to the player & not what the community thinks.

And you're right, is up to the person.  It still is what it is...  Which is the most boring possible way to kill people.   

I just imagine anyone who has no style when killing people as Jason is also horrible in the sack.  Probably wears the same socks and underwear for weeks on end too.     

the responses here makes it pretty clear people who have pocket knives and/or are vanessas really dont like getting slashed.

someone would only bitch about something they call "cheap" if they had the means to take advantage of a grab and you take that away from them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

the responses here makes it pretty clear people who have pocket knives and/or are vanessas really dont like getting slashed.

someone would only bitch about something they call "cheap" if they had the means to take advantage of a grab and you take that away from them.

Idk bout the Vanessa part.  If Im Vanessa with thick skin, slashing Jasons are easier to deal with than shift-grab Jasons.

But yes I agree that most of times Ive seen people in game complain about slashing its because they had a pocket knife.

I'm not against slashing but I personally go for grab kills.  I don't want to give them the opportunity to heal and escape.  Especially if I'm dealing with Vanessa or another fast player.  But what about pocket knives?  It sucks when it happens but I always look at it like "well, that's one less pocket knife I have to deal with".