Is Jason Slashing only foul or fair?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Is Jason slashing only foul or fair?

• Foul - Jason should show some restraint and sympathy to his victims.
    • Fair - Jason is meant to kill by any means necessary.
    • Don't know

I'd say it's fair, but slashing only throughout the match is too boring for me. I don't think there was ever a match where I never grabbed.

Ah you beat me to the punch play.ūüėÜ

But anyways it's fair cause sometimes you need to either wear down your victim, stop them from going through the windows or just hack away especially if you know they hoard knives & don't use them to disable traps & whatnot.

its fair but it depends on the game some games ill do all grabs or all slashing it depends on how annoying the counselors are

• Like 2

Just now, 82912 said:

its fair but it depends on the game some games ill do all grabs or all slashing it depends on how annoying the counselors are

Pretty much me right here.‚ėĚÔłŹ

One or two counsellors get slashed in a match if I’m Jason. I like practicing my shift to slash, knife, slash combo. If it’s a high level quick counsellor I might shift slash to get them limping if I’ve already got them with a knife then grab them. 

I personally wouldn’t slash the whole lobby, but everyone is entitled to play how they want within the game rules. A slasher Jason is easy to avoid anyway so I don’t get why a lot of people get so upset about it. Everyone should be running one healing perk & you’ll know if a Jason is a slasher after a couple of people die. 

• Like 1

i dont like slashing, i like to grab and do environmental kills, but i dont blame jasons that only slash.

• Like 1

It can make things boring but by no means is it wrong to slash.  There are tons of reasons why Jason would want/need to slash.

99% of the times counselors complain about slashing its because they had a PK...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Technically it's fair game, but I find it incredibly boring and lacking in any talent/skill when that's all they do.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a great fan of using ‚Äěstalk-shift-slashing‚Äú, but more as a method in order to scare the counselors for the fun of it.¬†

Pure slashing I only use intentionally on TJ when I am sure he still has his PK.

Does new/mediocre players have a hard time dealing with it?  Oh yea, lol.  But with good counselors and the abundance of sprays w/ medic + ThickSkinned, it can be difficult to chop one down if they don't position themselves to be comboed and has teammates around.  If Jason manage to grab one, he could potentially eliminate a player from only one play, or at least remove one of the few PKs on the map.   There are times when you grab, and times when you slash/knives.  All options are necessarily for Jason and are also counterable by counselors.  Slashing is Fair. 

2 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

Technically it's fair game, but I find it incredibly boring and lacking in any talent/skill when that's all they do.  Just my opinion.

I don't agree that it's fair game, but I definitely think they lack skill or talent when they slash. That's why I never do it unless they are doing the teleport glitch or something lol.

2 minutes ago, Slayer xo said:

I don't agree that it's fair game, but I definitely think they lack skill or talent when they slash. That's why I never do it unless they are doing the teleport glitch or something lol.

Not trying to be offensive, but I think it's a lack of skill or talent if someone can't figure out how to deal with Jason spamming one attack over an over.  I almost never die from being damaged,

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Not trying to be offensive, but I think it's a lack of skill or talent if someone can't figure out how to deal with Jason spamming one attack over an over.  I almost never die from being damaged,

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

2 minutes ago, Slayer xo said:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

What I mean is if someone does the same move over and over, then its quite easy to counter.  Shimmy in and out of his swing range to bait a swing, and clock him with you own in-between his attacks.  If you get hit by one of his attacks, create some distance, heal, then ether get away or re-engage him if you need stamina or any reason really to fight him.  Maybe it just  seems obvious to me since this is basic fundamentals from Fighting game, but I'm sure this should be obvious to any player that's has seen some success in other multi-competitive games.

41 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

What I mean is if someone does the same move over and over, then its quite easy to counter.  Shimmy in and out of his swing range to bait a swing, and clock him with you own in-between his attacks.  If you get hit by one of his attacks, create some distance, heal, then ether get away or re-engage him if you need stamina or any reason really to fight him.  Maybe it just  seems obvious to me since this is basic fundamentals from Fighting game, but I'm sure this should be obvious to any player that's has seen some success in other multi-competitive games.

OH.. I know how to do that lol. But that definitely doesnt always work. You can also predict when a counselor is going to do that.

5 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

There are times when you grab, and times when you slash/knives.

Agreed. You really don't want to grab when a team of Jason Hunters gang up on you to knock your mask off. #SlashingGalore

• Like 1

It's nice to see a variety of perspectives on this one.

22 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

Ah you beat me to the punch play.ūüėÜ

Great minds think alike. You can tackle the next one.

11 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

It can make things boring but by no means is it wrong to slash.  There are tons of reasons why Jason would want/need to slash.

99% of the times counselors complain about slashing its because they had a PK...

I agree.

7 hours ago, Wolledc said:

I am a great fan of using ‚Äěstalk-shift-slashing‚Äú, but more as a method in order to scare the counselors for the fun of it.¬†

Pure slashing I only use intentionally on TJ when I am sure he still has his PK.

Sounds like you are doing the Jason experience some justice.

7 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

All options are necessarily for Jason and are also counterable by counselors.  Slashing is Fair. 

You make a good point.

1 hour ago, aurllcooljay said:

Agreed. You really don't want to grab when a team of Jason Hunters gang up on you to knock your mask off. #SlashingGalore

Gotta keep that mask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Theres literally no reasons to only Slash.     Of course there are reasons to slash.

Slashing deaths are boring.   But have its place.

The only time I Slash anyone to death is because they asked for it.  For me, its basically a disrespect type of kill.

For the most part, Slashing is supposed to be like foreplay.   So getting killed by a slash is usually a huge let down.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

15 hours ago, Slayer xo said:

Hi guys. You both mentioned that a slashing Jason lacks skill and/or talent. Care to shed some light on the skill/talent required to grab a counselor that differs from the lack of skill/talent to slash a counselor, please? I ask because the only difference I see is risk - risk of a counselor having a PK; getting saved by another counselor [grabbing] vs risk of getting stunned (pre-Rage); losing your mask [slashing].

As far as slashing rendering PK's and med sprays usless is concerned. That's not really the Jason player's problem. There are ways to counter a slasher:

• DON'T PANIC ATTACK. So many players start mashing the attack button that they miss Jason by a mile or their attack gets cancelled because they just ate another slash. Take a hit and then return one of your own if Jason is stunable (not in Rage).
  • Go into combat stance and BLOCK. It'll normally grant some space between you and Jason when he strikes, allowing for you to run away. So many players, old and new, fail to block in this game. Blocking can also sometimes force a slasher into grabbing.
  • Use your health spray to keep your HP high. Don't just use it when you're limping as it will be too late by then; especially against a +Weapon Strength Jason.

IMO slashing is fair but boring as hell. The sweet visual of a cinematic kill is much more satisfying. I am a grabber first and foremost and even go as far as to look for the nearest environment kill once I have a counselor in my grasp. I've never slashed out an entire lobby, but there are times when I will slash to death without hesitation:

• When a good juking player has come back as Tommy (guaranteed PK).
  • When counselors are ganging up on me and I need to block and slash in combat stance.
  • When a counselor gets Pamela's sweater and Tommy is on the scene.
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

^^ Truth.

• Like 1

I’ll slash only to slow them down, then do a grab kill or an environmental kill. Tommy will have be slashed to death, though. He’s too annoying to deal with. I love doing grab kills, because they are fun to watch and I try to kill each counselor a different way per round like in the movies. 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2020 at 1:07 AM, 82912 said:

Agreed. If someone actually complains about it in-game then I'm definitely slashing them.  I'll slash if I suspect a knife near the end-game or if it's Tommy perhaps. The animations are too fun to slash all the time.