Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WhateverIGuess

Marathon or Restful - Which is better?

Recommended Posts

So currently I have an Epic 15% Marathon with 0% penalty to speed and an Epic 14% Restful with 2% speed penalty. (still trying to get a better one)

I really like using these on somebody like AJ or Deborah because it does help if Jason ever gets on you. I just want to ask you guys which one do you think is better for specifically these two?
I also want to start using 10% Nerves of Steel, not only is it amazing because your minimap doesn't fade away, it also provides some fear resistance, which is fairly good for AJ. (?)

My current setup for AJ and Deborah is:
- Marathon
- Medic (possibly replacing it with Nerves of Steel like I mentioned earlier)
- Thick Skinned

I keep going back and forth between Marathon and Restful on them. (AJ having a 0.6% increase with Marathon and Deborah having a 0.45% increase)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Restful is garbage. When you are with zero fear the stamina regeneration is high, so 15% is nice, but when jason chases you (the time you most need decent stam regen) and your fear increases it makes you stam recharge really low, and 15% of something that is really low is basically nothing. Marathon is better, but is only worth using on high stam counselors. deborah and AJ shouldnt focus on running from jason, but hiding from him, so both perks are bad on them, use low profile or home body and keep these perks for your vanessa or for your tif. that's my opinion.

AJ+low profile+home body= 14,5 stealth (4,5 increase)

Deborah+low profile+home body=13,05 stealth (4,05 increase)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carlso said:

Restful is garbage. When you are with zero fear the stamina regeneration is high, so 15% is nice, but when jason chases you (the time you most need decent stam regen) and your fear increases it makes you stam recharge really low, and 15% of something that is really low is basically nothing. Marathon is better, but is only worth using on high stam counselors. deborah and AJ shouldnt focus on running from jason, but hiding from him, so both perks are bad on them, use low profile or home body and keep these perks for your vanessa or for your tif. that's my opinion.

AJ+low profile+home body= 14,5 stealth (4,5 increase)

Deborah+low profile+home body=13,05 stealth (4,05 increase)

Yeah I get that they're not that great for them, but sometimes Jason catches you and goes after you, or when he hits rage Stealth becomes kind of useless, so I just want one of these to last a bit longer in a chase against him.

Thanks for the reply.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhateverIGuess said:

Yeah I get that they're not that great for them, but sometimes Jason catches you and goes after you, or when he hits rage Stealth becomes kind of useless, so I just want one of these to last a bit longer in a chase against him.

Thanks for the reply.

If you are Deborah or AJ, your goal is to escape QUICKLY.  The stealth and avoid sense perks are great early-game advantages, so find parts and get out ASAP.  If Jason hits Rage and you're still around, you're kinda screwed as one of those characters.  Just take your lumps and hope for better luck next match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All counselors have a hidden stamina value behind the stats we see in the UI in the customization screen. So to break it down from lowest to highest;

  • LaChappa 95 SP
  • Deborah 99 SP
  • AJ, Mitch, Adam, Chad, Sheldon 100 SP
  • Kenny, Jenny, Fox 105 SP
  • Victoria 115 SP
  • Buggzy 120 SP
  • Vanesa, Tiffany 125 SP
  • Tommy 130 SP

Now when you want to calculate how much stamina bonus you'll get from marathon you just gotta multiply the perk value % with the base stamina points (SP) each counselor has and then divide by 100. So basically Debbie will go from 3 stamina to 6.99 and AJ will go from 4 stamina to a perfect 7.

Also if I recall correctly. Counselors burn 0.95 SP per second when they jog and 5 SP when they sprint.

Restful does work even when your counselor is scared by the way, however 15% is not a really high value to make a HUGE difference. It takes 25 seconds to fully regain your stamina when whoever you're playing as is scared. 21.25 seconds if you have a perfect 15% Restful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

All counselors have a hidden stamina value behind the stats we see in the UI in the customization screen. So to break it down from lowest to highest;

  • LaChappa 95 SP
  • Deborah 99 SP
  • AJ, Mitch, Adam, Chad, Sheldon 100 SP
  • Kenny, Jenny, Fox 105 SP
  • Victoria 115 SP
  • Buggzy 120 SP
  • Vanesa, Tiffany 125 SP
  • Tommy 130 SP

Now when you want to calculate how much stamina bonus you'll get from marathon you just gotta multiply the perk value % with the base stamina points (SP) each counselor has and then divide by 100. So basically Debbie will go from 3 stamina to 6.99 and AJ will go from 4 stamina to a perfect 7.

Also if I recall correctly. Counselors burn 0.95 SP per second when they jog and 5 SP when they sprint.

Restful does work even when your counselor is scared by the way, however 15% is not a really high value to make a HUGE difference. It takes 25 seconds to fully regain your stamina when whoever you're playing as is scared. 21.25 seconds if you have a perfect 15% Restful.

Has this been tested? For some reason, I think a 15% marathon would only boost a 3 stamina to 3.45 because the people over these perks dont like us 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Armani? said:

Has this been tested? For some reason, I think a 15% marathon would only boost a 3 stamina to 3.45 because the people over these perks dont like us 😂

Your math is not wrong but the way the game works is odd 😂 Like I pointed out each counselor has a hidden stat behind the UI we see. So even though Deborah has 3/10 stamina in the UI in the customization screen... that translates to 99 stamina points so basically 99*1.15=113.85 SP so her stamina pool gets boosted from 3/10 to 6.9/10.

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938559619 (scroll all the way down to Stamina category).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...