HaHaTrumpWon

The biggest reason Jason-kill's fail/succeed?

(I wanted to make this a poll, but couldn't think of a way to do it without the whole thing being convoluted as hell)

This is something I've been thinking about for quite a while, and finally decided to post about it. In your own experiences/opinions:

What is the biggest reason Jason-kills fail? (mistakes made by counselors)

What is the biggest reason Jason-kills succeed? (mistakes made by Jason)

Starting with counselors, I can think of a lot of reasons why they lose the kill, but the three biggest ones are:

1) The final hit fails to drop Jason to his knees

2) Tommy and Sweater-Girl become separated, do something retarded, and get themselves killed.

3) Lack of preparation/items (trying to fight Jason/steal the sweater with no med spray, PK, or backup are the best examples of this I could think of)

As far as Jason's concerned:

1) Absence of defensive tactics (taking hit after hit with no attempts to block or minimize damage, charging Tommy/Sweater-Girl head-on AFTER LOSING YOUR MASK)

2) Lack of awareness (I.E. the same 2-3 people have been killing Jason every single round and, once your turn comes, you do absolutely nothing different and play as if you're totally oblivious to the fact that the last 4-5 Jasons in a row have gotten killed. This also includes ignoring Pamela's warning that the shack has been invaded, as well as breaking off pursuit of a counselor who just stole the sweater in favor of stopping someone from putting in a battery)

3) Constant over-use of grabbing. Technically this could fit in with absence of defense, but seriously, it's one of the reasons me and a couple of friends I kill Jason with get as many Jason-kills as we do. We've gotten several kills that we wouldn't have if Jason had just slashed everyone instead of non-stop grab spamming. Even at full HP, it won't take too many times of grabbing a counselor and getting bitch-slapped with an axe as a result before your mask breaks. 

If I had to add a 4th reason (for Jason) it'd probably be "Failing to recognize bait-counselors that are clearly trying to get killed on purpose so they can come back as Tommy". That alone would have saved a ton of Jason's from getting killed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

What is the biggest reason Jason-kills fail? (mistakes made by counselors)

By far the most common reason the Jason kill fails is from not stunning him after using the sweater.  Usually due to shitty luck or the weapon breaks.

Another common reason is they set up the kill in a bad spot.  If there is a tree or stump or something in front of Jason he may not be able to fall to his knees.

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

What is the biggest reason Jason-kills succeed? (mistakes made by Jason)

This one is a tougher one to answer.  In addition to your answers above I would say one common mistake I see a lot of casual Jasons make is allowing counselors to hit him through windows.  By standing there trading blows with a counselor on the other side of the window just makes it that much easier for the mask to be knocked off.  I know some Jasons will do it so they get into Rage mode faster but you better be damn sure your mom's sweater is safe or Tommy is already dead.

I would say that a lot of the Jason kill videos I've watched over my time on the game, show the Jason player walk up to the sweater girl and Tommy like they've never heard of the kill and what it takes to complete.

What I've seen as a Jason tactic to avoid being killed is much more interesting. I've seen high level plays of Jason dropping a trap and luring the Tommy and SG over to it. One is useless without the other. I've seen throwing knives used to cause a first aid spray, then a slash or two on the healthy one makes them run, creating distance. There's been a lot of interesting plays to avoid it, but they are situational and can backfire.

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread for info. It's an interesting topic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

I would say that a lot of the Jason kill videos I've watched over my time on the game, show the Jason player walk up to the sweater girl and Tommy like they've never heard of the kill and what it takes to complete.

What I've seen as a Jason tactic to avoid being killed is much more interesting. I've seen high level plays of Jason dropping a trap and luring the Tommy and SG over to it. One is useless without the other. I've seen throwing knives used to cause a first aid spray, then a slash or two on the healthy one makes them run, creating distance. There's been a lot of interesting plays to avoid it, but they are situational and can backfire.

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread for info. It's an interesting topic.

Running up to Tommy and SG with no mask is the most idiotic thing you can possibly do when fighting a kill squad. I understand trying a Hail Mary (such as Stalk-Shifting to them, grabbing one of them, getting PK'ed, then immediately killed) if it's a last resort, but why the fuck would you EVER walk/jog up to them? You're intentionally putting yourself in range of the sweater and making no attempt to be subtle about it. 

Speaking of being subtle, Tommy or Sweater-Girl insisting on being "on the front lines" is how I've ruined the majority of kill attempts as Jason. I understand wanting to more-or-less "get in on the action", but if you've got other counselors with you who are helping with the kill, it might be a good idea to hang back a little bit and avoid taking unnecessary risks (baiting Jason into repeatedly grabbing SG or Tommy to get free shots is one of those tactics that can easily backfire and torpedo any chance of killing Jason. You might want to think about this one first.)

29 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Running up to Tommy and SG with no mask is the most idiotic thing you can possibly do when fighting a kill squad. I understand trying a Hail Mary (such as Stalk-Shifting to them, grabbing one of them, getting PK'ed, then immediately killed) if it's a last resort, but why the fuck would you EVER walk/jog up to them? You're intentionally putting yourself in range of the sweater and making no attempt to be subtle about it. 

Speaking of being subtle, Tommy or Sweater-Girl insisting on being "on the front lines" is how I've ruined the majority of kill attempts as Jason. I understand wanting to more-or-less "get in on the action", but if you've got other counselors with you who are helping with the kill, it might be a good idea to hang back a little bit and avoid taking unnecessary risks (baiting Jason into repeatedly grabbing SG or Tommy to get free shots is one of those tactics that can easily backfire and torpedo any chance of killing Jason. You might want to think about this one first.)

I did this yesterday.  Couldn't resist to get in on the action, caught in combat stance and couldn't run, panicked, eventually started running right in a rock.  Dead Tommy.  I'm still newish but it was so dumb and I cost us the kill. 

12 minutes ago, AchillesShield said:

I did this yesterday.  Couldn't resist to get in on the action, caught in combat stance and couldn't run, panicked, eventually started running right in a rock.  Dead Tommy.  I'm still newish but it was so dumb and I cost us the kill. 

No biggie, it happens. If you do it several times in a row, however, expect to get run over by teammates.

Biggest reason why Jason gets killed?

Not using CS block during the match and thinking Jason is powerful and can just go toe to toe with anyone.

Once the mask comes off and SG and Tommy are on the scene there is very little you can do to stop it, besides just going out to the water to hide.

Tommy and SG need to mess up in order for you not to die.  Be it using the sweater at the wrong time, splitting up, no stun in the sweater animation.  

Coordinated assault on Jason is by far result toward a dead Jason. 

A "Dummy Jarvis" is usually the reason why it fails. 

As for tactics to avoid getting killed, I think it's worth exploring the Shift-Trance-stun-Glitch.  If Jason gets sweater stunned the moment he triggers shift, he will both enter shift and be sweater stun.  The ramifications is that Jason is Pined by the sweater, but he also shifts, become invisible and importantly he is unstunnable and the sweater is wasted.  Of course, this usually happens on accident when Jason tries to flee after an stun and Sweater is activated.   Of course, it is difficult to guess the exact moment sweater is activated, as too early Jason exits before sweater's in range and sweater is not used, too late Jason fails to activate leading to his demise.   If Jason shifts, but the sweater is used a little after but Jason is still in range of it, he is pulled out of shift and dies.  However, an common strategy SG use is spamming sweater activate while running towards Jason.  If a player knows that exact activation range and can time it perfectly, it would be a great skill to rely on (though not something accessable to most players).

I'd love to see video of someone who has master this and is applying it.  👍😉 

Combo. Learn to combo. Quick toss a throwing knife then slash. If shift is charged, immediately shift in a small circle, exit shift with a slash,and repeat throwing knife>slash. 

Even with 20% thick skin and a non weapon strength Jason that combo, as listed above, would do the following damage: 24+16+16+24+16. That's 96 damage, probably faster than the average kill squad Jarvis can react. If he's taken any damage at all beforehand, he's dead. If not the next hit, even if blocked, will do the trick.

It's very easy to practice on the bots...

In order to kill Jason.. The Jason players needs to allow it to happen.  Jason dying is always the Jasons players fault since Jason has all the abilities to avoid getting killed.  It requires the Jason player to basically be a dear in a headlight to get killed.

That's always been my take on it.    

If your mask is off, with the sweater girl and tommy together and have a kill weapon, its basically a 90% chance that Jason will die if you are in range of the sweater stun..   Only bad timing, the game bugging out or dumb luck makes up the 10% chance of not dying.

Its why when im put in that situation I never get into sweater range.   Its also why I've never been killed as Jason and never will.  If I ever do die as Jason, its because I wanted it to happen.   Which is kinda of funny, because a few times I did let some people get a chance to kill me.  The game bugged out and prevented the kill from happening.

Try hard always get the shaft tho…    For me, watching them run all over the map trying to get me, and fail... usually ends up with Salty PMS that I read after Momma tells me how proud she is..lol

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, SirMang said:

Not using CS block during the match and thinking Jason is powerful and can just go toe to toe with anyone.

That IS kinda a big part of it, yeah. You can be the single best Jason-player that's ever played this game, but trying to go shot-for-shot against a kill-squad is retarded and will eventually get you killed. You may be Jason Motherfucking Voorhees, but you're not a Terminator and you can't just tank everything without consequence.