Sign in to follow this  
Armani?

Should there be a XP bonus for surviving the clock?

Now with Jason in rage mode, it's the hardest things to do, we should be awarded. 

• Like 3

You already get XP based on how long you survive. 

Personally, I don't like the idea of encouraging people to run out the clock.  The most common reason (other than Rage quitting) that people leave the lobby is because they don't want to sit around waiting for the match to end.  It's already annoying as it is having to watch as people Juke Jason for 10mins while the Cops are on scene already.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

Now with Jason in rage mode, it's the hardest things to do, we should be awarded. 

nah. i see surviving by clock more like a tie than a win: jason dont kill you, but you also dont escape, so you just appear as alive and receive no points for surviving whatsoever. it's good as it is.

1 hour ago, Laotian Lam said:

Personally, I don't like the idea of encouraging people to run out the clock.

I have to agree. Running out the clock should be a last resort. As it is we have some (*cough* Vanessa *cough*) players making it their primary goal. Personally I think fixing objectives should be at the top of the list, unless you're going for a Jason kill. Because of that I usually don't play as a low repair counselor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aurllcooljay said:

I have to agree. Running out the clock should be a last resort. As it is we have some (*cough* Vanessa *cough*) players making it their primary goal. Personally I think fixing objectives should be at the top of the list, unless you're going for a Jason kill. Because of that I usually don't play as a low repair counselor.

Agree 100%. Fast counselors who do nothing but endlessly kite Jason are incredibly tedious regardless of whether I'm playing, spectating or hunting them.

• Like 1

Whether they award extra XP/CP, it wouldn't make much of a difference to those who have gotten to lvl 150. The XP is meaningless after that and the CP just keeps accruing because there's nothing to spend it on once you get the perks you want. If there was something else to actually spend the CP on, I'd be all for awarding extra points.  

There should be an XP bonus for leaving as fast as possible.

That would incentivize new players to actually do shit instead of standing in a cabin smacking each other.

• Haha 1

Yes... Doing so isn't always because players are on a trolling mission but sometimes due to a hard fought effort, making the survival well earned. There are times when a full car escapes and 1 counselor misses out, so they won't be able to get repairs done with Jason now hot on their tracks. Some players who use fast counselors do play to help others by delivering parts to their objectives allowing for repair characters to get the job done, if not doing the repair themselves. Not to mention occasions where other players might hold on to parts for too long only to escape/be killed with the fuse, keys etc. and those items ending up right across the map. Should last-ditch survivors just give up so that the lobby isn't kept waiting and the fact they won't get any substantial XP for their efforts? As much as I play to escape first and foremost, Jason has to work for my blood.

Taking into account the above, I think the XP rewards should be as follows:

• Survived The Night - 200 XP
  • Escaped - 500 XP
  • Defeated Jason - 1000 XP (awarded to those who contributed to the de-masking, sweater girl and Tommy. Other players get Survived The Night XP)

As far as players playing not to escape and wanting to juke/troll Jason for the entire 20 minutes goes. Addional XP wouldn't necessarily encourage this behaviour as they are most likely already level 150 and couldn't care less about XP. Also, the Jason player needs to continue to improve their game so that the trolls learn the hard and sharp way.

The satisfaction of survival is reward enough. I don't think extra XP is necessary.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 6:03 PM, SirMang said:

That would incentivize new players to actually do shit instead of standing in a cabin smacking each other.

lol the last match I played I had a Vanessa that literally spent the ENTIRE match smacking me with a baseball bat.  

- smacked me while I searched drawers

-smacked me while I put the battery in

- smacked me while I put the gas in

- smacked me while I called Tommy Jarvis.

-when someone showed up with the car keys she finally stopped smacking me and waited to hop into the car.  But just as the 2 seater started I was able to push her out of the way and hop in myself.  I'll admit it felt good to leave her to die as we drove away.