Sign in to follow this  
Jason Todd Voorhees

Kane Hodder Hate?

Hello everyone reading, this post is to understand the real reasoning why people don't like Kane Hodder as Jason......I don't mean the illogical concepts of saying because he was breathing hard this or that because he played the worse movie entries but I want to hear for those who don't like Kane as Jason to give me and others a more valid reasoning.....for me he kept the character developed and linear....Some say Part 6/Part 4 Jason were "superior" because they were brutal and ruthless....and I never understood that because Kane was just as or more brutal than their versions especially in the deleted scenes for part 7 which shows just how brutal his part 7 Jason was.

So please let me understand the dislike to Kane as Jason by explaining why......

25 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Hello everyone reading, this post is to understand the real reasoning why people don't like Kane Hodder as Jason......I don't mean the illogical concepts of saying because he was breathing hard this or that because he played the worse movie entries but I want to hear for those who don't like Kane as Jason to give me and others a more valid reasoning.....for me he kept the character developed and linear....Some say Part 6/Part 4 Jason were "superior" because they were brutal and ruthless....and I never understood that because Kane was just as or more brutal than their versions especially in the deleted scenes for part 7 which shows just how brutal his part 7 Jason was.

So please let me understand the dislike to Kane as Jason by explaining why......

Because of his association with new line cinema would be my best guess. Also because of his association with zombie Jason, telekinesis, sewers and of course Canada. I for one really enjoy kane hodder and all Jason actors.

6 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Because of his association with new line cinema would be my best guess. Also because of his association with zombie Jason, telekinesis, sewers and of course Canada. I for one really enjoy kane hodder and all Jason actors.

Same here and people never give me an actual logical reasoning....saying because "his breathing thing" or "He played in the worse F13 films" seems more like they just don't like him.

People can be superficial sometimes. I for one find no fault in Kane Hodder's portrayal of Jason.

I really didn’t know there was on offset of fans that didn’t like Kane and his portrayal of Jason Voorhees......

I know a lot of people are fans of 1-4 only.....but I didn’t think it had anything to do specifically With Kane.

Honestly for me The New Line films are incredibly entertaining each one feels like they stand alone and you don’t need to watch any of the other movies ( including the paramount films) to enjoy them.

On 6/16/2020 at 2:10 AM, Fair Play said:

People can be superficial sometimes. I for one find no fault in Kane Hodder's portrayal of Jason.

Agreed here.

On 6/16/2020 at 10:53 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

I really didn’t know there was on offset of fans that didn’t like Kane and his portrayal of Jason Voorhees......

I know a lot of people are fans of 1-4 only.....but I didn’t think it had anything to do specifically With Kane.

Honestly for me The New Line films are incredibly entertaining each one feels like they stand alone and you don’t need to watch any of the other movies ( including the paramount films) to enjoy them.

People are weird and then claim they are fans lol.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 2:59 AM, Prince Ali of Crystal Lake said:

I hate that Kane Hodder wasn’t Jason in Freddy vs Jason. 

Agreed Ali....Agreed....

• Thanks 1

DERECK MEARS IS THE BEST JASON.

KANE HODDER IS AN OLD MAN.

PLEASE GO AWAY KANE HODDER AND LET DERECK MEARS PLAY MICHAEL MYERS.

35 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

DERECK MEARS IS THE BEST JASON.

KANE HODDER IS AN OLD MAN. Everyone that was involved with the franchise is old by now, lol.

PLEASE GO AWAY KANE HODDER AND LET DERECK MEARS PLAY MICHAEL MYERS.

To each their own.

I actually thought Mears did a great job in the reboot. I do have to add though, Hodder was my favorite Jason. I wish they would have let Hodder play Jason in Freddy Vs. Jason, but understand they wanted the huge height difference between Freddy and Jason.

As for Mears playing Michael Myers, has he expressed interest in that role?

15 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

To each their own.

I actually thought Mears did a great job in the reboot. I do have to add though, Hodder was my favorite Jason. I wish they would have let Hodder play Jason in Freddy Vs. Jason, but understand they wanted the huge height difference between Freddy and Jason.

As for Mears playing Michael Myers, has he expressed interest in that role?

Yes i thought Dereck Mears did a great job in the 2009 reboot too.

Im a big fan of Mears also because hes such a tall Jason and hes an MMA Fighter.

Kane Hodder has publicly announced that he wants to play Michael Myers.

I Think Derek Mears would be better for playing Michael Myers.

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Yes i thought Dereck Mears did a great job in the 2009 reboot too.

Im a big fan of Mears also because hes such a tall Jason and hes an MMA Fighter.

Kane Hodder has publicly announced that he wants to play Michael Myers.

I Think Derek Mears would be better for playing Michael Myers.

Nah man....def not he respects his friend Tyler Mane way to much for that and he (Derek) would enjoy a more action character like Jason.

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I wish they would have let Hodder play Jason in Freddy Vs. Jason, but understand they wanted the huge height difference between Freddy and Jason.

It honestly wasn't that much of a height difference tho...they did Kane beyond dirty...look at this with Ken and Robert
0cacd1ac982d336e97cac31f92519ce1.jpg

Now Kane Hodder and Robert (and Tony Todd)
Wishmaster-Robert-Englund-Kane-Hodder-an

Not a large/huge gap between them! and Tony is def the tallest I met him at Mad Monster Party and he is easily 6 ft 5! (Im about 6 ft 1 or 6 ft 2) compared and met them all.

@Jason Todd Voorhees, I knew there couldn't have been that much of a difference. After actually seeing the difference in those pics I agree they did Kane dirty. They could have used different angles and had Kane wear platforms to get the visuals they wanted.

2 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Jason Todd Voorhees, I knew there couldn't have been that much of a difference. After actually seeing the difference in those pics I agree they did Kane dirty. They could have used different angles and had Kane wear platforms to get the visuals they wanted.

They even gave Ken platforms! if I remember correctly from meeting C.J. Graham he stood about 6 ft 5 and Ken often seems 6 ft 4 tbh and Kane honestly shrunk over his years because this was him years ago.

h3i1uib89s751.jpg 

Not wearing any platform boots regular sneakers I guess older people do shrink.

@Jason Todd VoorheesI am a huge fan of Kane’s Jason and definitely wish he was in Freddy vs Jason But not in the story we got it would need to be different because I can’t see Kane’s Jason being afraid of anything let alone being affected by water like he was in FVJ.......

The only thing I could see affecting Kane’s Jason would be him stuck in a continuous loop watching his Mom being be-headed and not being able to do anything about it......a type of torture he wouldn’t want to be stuck in again and again.... that’s the only mind fuck game I could see would work that Freddy could use to control or antagonize Kane’s Jason.

@Strigoi

As for Derek Mears he did great in the reboot and I would love to see him in the role again.......but I also would love to see Kane return for one last Friday as well...

I like James Jude Courtney as Myers for now.

I wouldn’t want Derek Mears for the role just like I didn’t like Tyler Mane either......Myers is more Frightening when he’s an average sized guy doing Supernaturally powerful things when you have a giant in the role you expect overwhelming strength and Durability it’s not surprising at all that’s one of the things that made Michael in the original films so terrifying......a normal person surviving things he shouldn’t, lifting people up by their necks with ease, suspending nurses up in the air one handed....etc.

On 7/4/2020 at 12:12 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

I am a huge fan of Kane’s Jason and definitely wish he was in Freddy vs Jason But not in the story we got it would need to be different because I can’t see Kane’s Jason being afraid of anything let alone being affected by water like he was in FVJ.......

The only thing I could see affecting Kane’s Jason would be him stuck in a continuous loop watching his Mom being be-headed and not being able to do anything about it......a type of torture he wouldn’t want to be stuck in again and again.... that’s the only mind fuck game I could see would work that Freddy could use to control or antagonize Kane’s Jason.

AGREED! The story they made in FvJ was so bad and have so much confusion for the franchise.

People associate him with the decline of the franchise, no matter how irrational it may be.

These types are usually purists who only really like 1-4 or 1-5 and dismiss the rest. Some of them throw Hodder in as the problem as I said above, others don't.

I'd say he was involved with two of the most despised entries in the series for me. JGTH and JX. To this day, I've only ever been able to watch Jason X once. That said, I recognize the simple truth that Hodder didn't write any of the films he was involved with, nor directed them. He was merely the guy behind the mask. I thought Part's 7 and 8 were fine as they offered enough variety while not straining too far from the formula. I feel like once New Line got their hands on the franchise, they went too far in the silly direction. I don't blame Hodder for that, I blame New Line for that. It took reassociation with Paramount for the series to even get back to a reasonable track and while the remake was a bit boring and forgettable. I did like that I felt like Jason had been brought back down to earth, literally and figuratively.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 12:17 PM, tyrant666 said:

People associate him with the decline of the franchise, no matter how irrational it may be.

These types are usually purists who only really like 1-4 or 1-5 and dismiss the rest. Some of them throw Hodder in as the problem as I said above, others don't.

I'd say he was involved with two of the most despised entries in the series for me. JGTH and JX. To this day, I've only ever been able to watch Jason X once. That said, I recognize the simple truth that Hodder didn't write any of the films he was involved with, nor directed them. He was merely the guy behind the mask. I thought Part's 7 and 8 were fine as they offered enough variety while not straining too far from the formula. I feel like once New Line got their hands on the franchise, they went too far in the silly direction. I don't blame Hodder for that, I blame New Line for that. It took reassociation with Paramount for the series to even get back to a reasonable track and while the remake was a bit boring and forgettable. I did like that I felt like Jason had been brought back down to earth, literally and figuratively.

See this is the type of responses I wanted to see! thank you tyrant!

On 6/24/2020 at 11:59 PM, Prince Ali of Crystal Lake said:

I hate that Kane Hodder wasn’t Jason in Freddy vs Jason. 

Despite me being a fan of Ken's portrayal i cannot deny this opinion but as for the subject matter? I for the life of me can't bring myself to hate Kane & how can i? Considering i watched all the Friday films (at the least original timeline) & imo (& it's a big ass one) but i truly believe Kane embodies all the 3 main cores of Jason.

1.He has the hulking appearance & build of PT.3

2.The pissed off & brutal demeanor of PT.4

3.The hands on kills of PT.6

& while not directly shown anywhere in the films with Kane but screw it it's another reason why i love Kane as Jason but his refusal to harm/kill kids or animals in his films to which he has stated he wouldn't humor the idea when the script called for it! This maybe a big reason why i like Jason more then Myers. (ooops 🙊)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

Despite me being a fan of Ken's portrayal i cannot deny this opinion but as for the subject matter? I for the life of me can't bring myself to hate Kane & how can i? Considering i watched all the Friday films (at the least original timeline) & imo (& it's a big ass one) but i truly believe Kane embodies all the 3 main cores of Jason.

1.He has the hulking appearance & build of PT.3

2.The pissed off & brutal demeanor of PT.4

3.The hands on kills of PT.6

& while not directly shown anywhere in the films with Kane but screw it it's another reason why i love Kane as Jason but his refusal to harm/kill kids or animals in his films to which he has stated he wouldn't humor the idea when the script called for it! This maybe a big reason why i like Jason more then Myers. (ooops 🙊)

I praise ye!

• Thanks 1