Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Somethin Cool said:

I hope so. But with the skill level of people I play with it's not sounding to good from a competitive standpoint. I think it'll probably be ok in QP lobbies though. I'm assuming of course that the demasking "threshold"= Rage mode right? Jason cannot be demasked before rage?

He can, but it's very close to Rage. 

And I understand that the perfectly timed hit is still going to be a thing, but that hit doesn't rely on the timing to deal the damage anymore. It used to be that you were guaranteed full damage since it wouldn't stun. But by fixing how damage is dealt when Jason gets stunned, it's not as important anymore. The only side of it is that Jason cannot defend that hit.

But again, we've also tuned damage for this reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@mattshotcha I guess I just need to do some extensive testing. Sounds like they put a lot more into it than what @Tommy86 and I had originally figured. The thing with the perfectly timed wake up hits is these guys specifically train for that. With the way it currently works, a stunning hit can make the difference between being demasked and not just due to the difference in damage dealt.

Plus the meta perks are medic, thick skin, swift attack, hypo, and nerves of steel. None of those perks increase stun chance so even if you do get the demask, theres still a fairly decent chance that the hit to drop Jason will fail to stun. Now we'll definitely add sucker punch to the meta since damage from stuns is equal to damage from non stuns. 

I get that strength has been lowered, but it's still sounding incredibly easy to get the mask from what I'm understanding. Maybe even easier than before. That may not be the case, however. We'll have to wait for the update to find out for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

 

@mattshotcha I guess I just need to do some extensive testing. Sounds like they put a lot more into it than what @Tommy86 and I had originally figured. The thing with the perfectly timed wake up hits is these guys specifically train for that. With the way it currently works, a stunning hit can make the difference between being demasked and not just due to the difference in damage dealt.

Plus the meta perks are medic, thick skin, swift attack, hypo, and nerves of steel. None of those perks increase stun chance so even if you do get the demask, theres still a fairly decent chance that the hit to drop Jason will fail to stun. Now we'll definitely add sucker punch to the meta since damage from stuns is equal to damage from non stuns. 

I get that strength has been lowered, but it's still sounding incredibly easy to get the mask from what I'm understanding. Maybe even easier than before. That may not be the case, however. We'll have to wait for the update to find out for sure.

Yes, once you get hands on I want to hear from you on the feel of the mask, etc. Remember the fail safe though, which is somewhere in the range of 4 damage dealing instances before the mask can come off, at minimum. This includes traps and pocket knives, but should only be reached by attacking with an optimal counselor for the mask removal. Most counselors and perk combos will take more hits, significantly so, to get the mask off. But your perked out Buggzy might make the 4 minimum attack mark. Should never be below that. 

Keep in mind, bear trap damage and PK damage count in that minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Yes, once you get hands on I want to hear from you on the feel of the mask, etc. Remember the fail safe though, which is somewhere in the range of 4 damage dealing instances before the mask can come off, at minimum. This includes traps and pocket knives, but should only be reached by attacking with an optimal counselor for the mask removal. Most counselors and perk combos will take more hits, significantly so, to get the mask off. But your perked out Buggzy might make the 4 minimum attack mark. Should never be below that. 

Keep in mind, bear trap damage and PK damage count in that minimum.

Fair enough. I'll get back to you after some testing. Should be a busy night for me.

To elaborate a little further on the wake up hits, we don't just do them because they do full damage. It's mostly because Jason can't defend it. Equaling out stuns and non stuns isn't going to deter taking advantage of free damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Sucker punch causes more stuns. Stuns do zero damage. Also since stuns do zero damage, think of every stunning hit as wasted durability. Sucker punch would be a good perk for getting Jason to kneel, but as far as removing the mask, it's going to be detrimental to say the least. I think no stun perks at all would be better. Considering the fact that even with sucker punch, the hit can still register as a non stun.

what i mean is with the new mask changes, according to tommy86, demask would be based on stun chance. so wouldnt sucker punch now give a higher chance at demasking after your damage guy gives jason a thrashing?

thanks for the reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GaelAugusto said:

How do I get this patch on PS4?

Wait for it to go live and let your system down load it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Fair enough. I'll get back to you after some testing. Should be a busy night for me.

To elaborate a little further on the wake up hits, we don't just do them because they do full damage. It's mostly because Jason can't defend it. Equaling out stuns and non stuns isn't going to deter taking advantage of free damage.

Absolutely understand. But I do think that if we're talking about Jason defending hits, we could talk about defending the first hit, not giving the chance for the return from stun state shot. 

The timing of the hit really became important due to the stun hits not dealing accurate damage, so players could get that shot timing down for full damage hits, minimizing the time it took to get the mask off. That's not the case anymore.

While the well timed hit still leads to a bad situation for the Jason, due to not being able to defend it, the Jason could have defended the first hit, and render the rest moot. From our point of view, though, it felt like it would be too much to remove that as well. Players who can time that hit out, similar to moves in fighting games, deserve to see the benefit of that timing, since it is a close window. They still can't juggle stuns, or remove the mask quicker as a result of that timing. They can only deal more damage. 

If we're talking competitive level, the Jason player should be just as good at defending the first hit as they potentially could be at defending the second, if it weren't a vulnerable state. 

 

6 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

what i mean is with the new mask changes, according to tommy86, demask would be based on stun chance. so wouldnt sucker punch now give a higher chance at demasking after your damage guy gives jason a thrashing?

thanks for the reply.

Assuming the damage player doesn't get the mask off, I suppose in theory this should be a good bet. But I think it's going to be more about having a Sucker Punch for the kneel than anything else. As I'm not 100% that the probability will be affected by perks like stun is.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, glowing ooze said:

what i mean is with the new mask changes, according to tommy86, demask would be based on stun chance. so wouldnt sucker punch now give a higher chance at demasking after your damage guy gives jason a thrashing?

thanks for the reply.

According to Matt, sucker punch may be the new meta perk. Apparently stuns will do the same damage as hits that don't stun. So why not use it?

 

1 minute ago, mattshotcha said:

While the well timed hit still leads to a bad situation for the Jason, due to not being able to defend it, the Jason could have defended the first hit, and render the rest moot.

Shotguns, flare guns, firecrackers, bear traps, simply pulling a counselor out of a stopped car and having someone in the back seat get out and save, are all examples of places where you could follow up with a perfectly timed wake up hit. I know people that can do it when Jason comes out of kill animations.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Wait for it to go live and let your system down load it.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

According to Matt, sucker punch may be the new meta perk. Apparently stuns will do the same damage as hits that don't stun. So why not use it?

 

Shotguns, flare guns, firecrackers, bear traps, simply pulling a counselor out of a stopped car and having someone in the back seat get out and save, are all examples of places where you could follow up with a perfectly timed wake up hit. I know people that can do it when Jason comes out of kill animations.

In that respect, Sucker Punch is definitely a valuable perk, post patch.

And yes, those instances are definitely a bigger concern than just a hit, stun, hit. But again, I'm not sure that removing a well timed strike is the answer. We'll have to see this in the wild.

 

2 minutes ago, GaelAugusto said:

Thanks!

Apologies, for missing the first on this. But like @Dragonfire82877 said, it's simply not live just yet. 4 hours and it will begin rolling out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattshotcha thanks again, champ. all of your intel & follow ups have been much appreciated. it'll be a wild card shelly kinda night in celebraition of the teams hard work.

@Somethin Cool thanks to you too & your team of dedicated players. good job in advance for your night of testing.

he's coming! help!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna be honest here since I've run Buggzy pretty exclusively while doing the Jason kill game...

Stun or not with an axe, I'm taking off a Part IX's mask in one hit and the rest of the Jason's the mask is coming off in 2 hits.  

As Buggzy I've been running Medic, Thrasher and Sucker Punch for over a year.  As Sucker Punch guarantees that when I hit Jason as Tommy with the axe he goes to his knees.  Without Sucker Punch there was a chance you wouldn't kneel Jason...with it it never failed in over a year of play.

So this stun vs no stun thing means nothing to me in terms of gameplay from my own experience as I've always viewed Thrasher and Sucker Punch as the two must have perks for a Buggzy in a kill squad. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I'm gonna be honest here since I've run Buggzy pretty exclusively while doing the Jason kill game...

Stun or not with an axe, I'm taking off a Part IX's mask in one hit and the rest of the Jason's the mask is coming off in 2 hits.  

As Buggzy I've been running Medic, Thrasher and Sucker Punch for over a year.  As Sucker Punch guarantees that when I hit Jason as Tommy with the axe he goes to his knees.  Without Sucker Punch there was a chance you wouldn't kneel Jason...with it it never failed in over a year of play.

So this stun vs no stun thing means nothing to me in terms of gameplay from my own experience as I've always viewed Thrasher and Sucker Punch as the two must have perks for a Buggzy in a kill squad. 

 

Yeah, I would reco Sucker Punch for the kneel, every time. 

But after this patch, there's no 1 hit mask off. I know you were referring to prior, I'm just saying for anyone reading that may have missed the rest of the convo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patch is rolling out now! Please make sure to download the update and fully restart the game before matchmaking!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ mattshotcha I am glad that you fixed the bug with the machine. And also I'm glad that cheaters have now disappeared cheats. I sent complaints to 300 people who played with 100% cheats. But they were not given a lock. Can you add an in-game complaint? How are you going to fight cheats? Cheaters will change the game file (which weighs 8 GB and is located in the paks folder). Check this file, or, so that the settings are loaded from the server. I have a lot of ideas for dlc. The simplest is that you have an almost finished dlc in the game, release it xD. Further ideas: 1. winter card, when the number 2 is activated, traces of counselors are visible, ice can burst with active running, transport is snowmobile. 2. In a regular game, add a new type of escape that will appear once every five games - a corral with horses. He needs a saddle and a paddock key. Jason can scare her. 3. If the counselor was killed with a sweater, then he can be picked up from the corpse. 4. At least one additional key / fuse slot is needed. 5. Life vest. Jason can't kill you in the water. The lifejacket is disposable, acts like a pocket knife. 6. Try to have a free weekend for the game. This will greatly increase online games and increase interest in it. And remove this useless easyanticheat. 7. Add savini jason for at least a week to the store with a price of 10 or more dollars. A lot of people download cheats precisely because of savini jason, and then even more dangerous cheats. 8. Prohibit swearing in a text chat. Just put a ban on words and issue a warning to the player. 9. If the counselors betray another - take 5000 points from the profile, and not from the round. 10. Many players after death depart from their computer and become Jarvis. Maybe before giving Tommy to someone, a window will appear on the person’s screen with acceptance or rejection and it will last 20 seconds, after which the offer goes to another person. 11. Allow the host to delegate its authority to another. Add a vote to remove a person from the round. 12. If a person leaves the round to death, take 10,000 points. 13. Give the maximum level - 1000 (if a person has such a level, then he is a cheater) 14. Give normal rewards for the level. That is, upon reaching level 250 it will become possible to add 2 points to any character skills. Give trophy rewards - special clothes, 4 counselor slot, special emotions. Add to the game paid skins for weapons, for the car, for Jason, new coloring books, cases and the like. And let's say when a person reaches level 300, a new special fifth murder is opened for Jason. 15. Fix the bug when using a sweater and Jason does not fall to his knees. 16. When the counselor catches Jason, he only has to press the E button. Remove this and add a mini-game instead. This is not even half of my ideas. I am ready to provide them to you. By the way, Stephen King expressed his opinion on the franchise friday the 13th in his Twitter account. Maybe you ask him for help with this lawsuit. Please do not forget about the game. She can become a masterpiece. People love this game. I hope you do not abandon her. I ask you to. I apologize for my English)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 11:10 AM, Korpse Garden said:

No, I am referring to when the pocket knives were dialed back just before they put the rage mode crap in. Tons of players screw up the kill, because lets be honest it doesn't always work right. 

Although you may be right about the game messing up the kill sometimes, lets face it, has any game developer been able to fix all these bug in such a short amount of time???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, jason needs all the help he can get.I suggest every jason gets 1 more trap,and if someone steps in one of traps jason can replant it,using another trap of course, in the same spot of course.Also id like for every jason to have 1 extra plus on his stats,to balance some of the bad jasons like pt 4 or 7.Also counselors get 1 extra perk, so 4 perks per counselor. Like pt 4 having a plus on morph,or pt2 having extra throwing knives etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to fix the game chat bug where myself and several of my friends cannot use game chat. Love this game! 
 

I’m not sure if there’s a solution, I’m sure this has been a long standing issue just didn’t know if it’s being fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattshotcha We need to talk... your dev team is delivering very subpar patches when it comes to fixing exploits. The Perk/XP/CP exploit (being able to delete someone elses work) is NOT fixed. The only thing they did in the past few MONTHS is put a band aid over it hoping no one would notice. All they did was change a single variable that even beginners can find in a matter of minutes. This is starting to get a bit old... a very serious security flaw gets ignored like it's nothing. I offered my help to Gun and Black Tower a few months ago but got rejected by both, I hope this time I can talk to someone that will take this issue seriously. I assume this isn't going to be an option so I'll leave you with this and I hope it gets to the devs one way or the other...

  1. CP: int ----> int64 OR CP cap on server
  2. Login & Authentication: SteamID ----> Steam Tokens
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree they need to fix the jason exploits/Glitches or ppl wanna call them.If they fix that jason glitchers would have to learn how to play the game.Instead of cheating and calling themselves good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great. Now fix the amount of Vanessa’s that can play in one game, she’s an OP character and to have five of them is unfair as a Jason.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Prophetic diabetic said:

Honestly, jason needs all the help he can get.I suggest every jason gets 1 more trap,and if someone steps in one of traps jason can replant it,using another trap of course, in the same spot of course.Also id like for every jason to have 1 extra plus on his stats,to balance some of the bad jasons like pt 4 or 7.Also counselors get 1 extra perk, so 4 perks per counselor. Like pt 4 having a plus on morph,or pt2 having extra throwing knives etc.

i agree! not being able to replace a trap in the same spot is ridiculous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...