This has not been mentioned but there is also a bug when the police are called, "E" no longer appears to end the call. It's just annoying when Jason is there and we have to hang up to start the operation again. Sometimes our screen is blocked on the phone and when you hang up the phone floats in the air. I recently discovered why this problem persists but players in general disconnect or get killed unjustly.

I will send information to jasonkillsbugs about this bug the next time I fix the phone box.

On 6/12/2020 at 9:13 AM, mattshotcha said:

On Tuesday, the 16th of June, we'll be rolling out a patch for all platforms simultaneously.

This patch will be deployed in the evening in the US, 10PM Eastern US Time.

As with every patch day, as servers repopulate with players on the latest version, some matchmaking delays can occur. Make sure you have updated to the latest version once the patch is live, and completely restart the game. Support and Community teams will be standing by to monitor any potential issues.

**Patch 1.37 (PC, Xbox, PS4) Patch 1.04 (Switch) - 6.16.2020 - 10PM Eastern US Time**

• Overall Car Improvements
    • Jason or Counselors Attempting to Interact with the vehicle (Interaction Lock).
    • Counselors entering and exiting the vehicle (Interaction Lock).
    • Jason throwing knives at cars no longer causes catastrophic rocket cars.
    • Jason morphing to the car no longer causes catastrophic rocket cars.
    • Catastrophic Rocket Cars are non-canonical and should be regarded as such.
  • Random Counselor
    • Players Should No Longer Spawn as Random Counselor (Unless Selected)
    • Players Should No Longer Spawn as Random Jason (Unless Selected)
    • Residual Issue: Some icons may not appear correctly in limited circumstances. This is a UI bug only, and does not affect the selection. Team is investigating.
  • Various 'Stuck Spots' and Hidden Spots Fixed
    • This includes but is not limited to Pinehurst Stairs.
  • Offline Challenge - Snuggle By the Fire
    • Tiffany Pathing Issues Resolved
  • Various Interaction Locks Fixed
    • Includes, but is not limited to:
    • Use of firecrackers
    • Entering/Exiting vehicle
    • Shooting Flare Gun
    • Multiple presses while using windows/doors
  • Various Exploits Fixed
    • This includes but is not limited to a recent vulnerability causing perk/CP resets.
  • Damage, Mask, and Balance
    • The team has monitored feedback present in the community regarding the mask removal as part of the kill process.
    • We wanted to adjust this in a way that would eliminate one or two hits being capable of removing the mask, while still preserving the effectiveness of perks and builds that took players significant time to develop.
    • We’ve shifted the damage values needed to remove the mask to make this process a bit more difficult, even for counselors with high stats and perks, but kept it in a range that will not alienate newer players. 
    • Removing the mask will still vary depending on counselor, perks, weapon used, and attack type.

The team also would like to provide some insight into what the team is currently investigating. While the following items are under investigation, our next patch is not limited to only these items. These are high profile, community requested items, and the team is already in the investigation stage of identifying the cause and potential correction.

**Under Investigation for Next Patch Cycle**

• Combat Stance - Various uses that manipulate stamina, "sliding" etc.
  • Health Spray Break Free Issue
  • Ability Unlock/Recharge Rate Toggle in Private Match

Can You please give a report option for those who work with jason, it is fucking annoying 

Why does everyone thinks Jason is so underpowered? Whenever I play Jason, I either kill everyone most of the time or in worst case, 1 or 2 people escape. When I play counselor, I die 9 times out of 10 matches. Are EU servers easier to play as Jason or am I playing a different game?

13 hours ago, MartianManhunter said:

You can't accomplish anything with Jason helpers every round. Try harder...

You can accomplish things, even if Jason has helpers. Just outsmart them. It can be done.

If a Jason needs helpers, the player should put down the controller / keyboard / mouse, and never play this game ever again.

Welcome to the forum @MerTheGamer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm on PC and very rarely see teaming unless I get stuck in a EU server. EU servers are also the place I see the most hackers.I had a match yesterday where a Vanessa was teleporting all over the map as I was Jason. It was impossible to kill her.

On 6/12/2020 at 3:13 PM, mattshotcha said:

**Under Investigation for Next Patch Cycle**

• Combat Stance - Various uses that manipulate stamina, "sliding" etc.
  • Health Spray Break Free Issue
  • Ability Unlock/Recharge Rate Toggle in Private Match

If counselor "sliding" is set to be patched, then please, please, please add Jason's counselor "abduction" to the investigation list also. It's an extremely cheap way to get easy kills and renders pocket knives (arguably a counselor's most resourceful utility in the game) utterly pointless when abducted into the water. Half-decent Jason exploiters can abduct counselors when they're climbing through a window, sitting in a car or trapped in a corner with ease. Hopefully patching it will in turn fix Jason's "ghost walking" exploit. Overlooking that abduction needs to be fixed in the next patch cycle will mean that the exploit will most likely remain in-game for a further year minimum, if fixed at all.

Admittedly I use counselor sliding, BUT ONLY TO COUNTER TEAMERS, EXPLOITERS AND GLITCHERS ALIKE. However, I would ecstatically welcome the removal of sliding, as there are those who abuse it and I only wish to play fair. That said, a concerted clean up effort must be made on both sides to keep the playing field level.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry, I'm a lay person at this, I don't speak your language.

Well that I wanted to ask about, Because? Jason can't take tommy anymore when they wear the sweater, when they released the game dava

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, PanicCan said:

Can we please skip cutscenes?

Low priority but I am sure they will eventually make adjustments for single player challenges and bots.

@mattshotcha thanks for the very detailed reply, I appreciate it. 

Based on what I understand, here is an updated list which may provide better starting for points for anyone interested. Even if not technically perfect, this would be the effective impact of the changes on gameplay (providing they are correct) -

1. Counselor Strength lowered across the board
2. Stuns do zero dmg / dmg stat not affixed to stuns
3. Jason must take x amount of dmg before you have the opportunity to demask
4. Demask chance is based on stun chance / whether you stun on follow-up hits
5. Post-stun / wake up hits cannot demask because of short stun-immunity time
6. Once Jason is in rage, stun chance still applies to mask removal after dmg threshold reached (since mask RNG is separate but uses same probability).

If this is the case, it's quite clever. Referring to points 3 and 4, this would mean that no matter how much damage is dealt over the threshold, nothing will happen until a stun hit is achieved. It also addresses the issue of perfectly timed hits on wake up from stun - since he is immune to them for 2-3 seconds. While this can no longer be used to nullify defenses for an easy demask, it still won't prevent Jason taking damage before threshold is reached. For future updates I would strongly advise the devs to apply damage immunity on wake up, for the same duration that stun immunity lasts.

One unknown factor is how mask RNG reacts to guaranteed stuns such as Shotgun, but this should be easily tested once the patch out.

• Like 4

On 6/12/2020 at 9:13 AM, mattshotcha said:

Combat Stance - Various uses that manipulate stamina, "sliding" etc.

Does this mean this is the end of “Spray Canceling”?

2 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

Does this mean this is the end of “Spray Canceling”?

No

But the part where it talks about health spray break free issues very well may...

8 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

@mattshotcha thanks for the very detailed reply, I appreciate it. 

Based on what I understand, here is an updated list which may provide better starting for points for anyone interested. Even if not technically perfect, this would be the effective impact of the changes on gameplay (providing they are correct) -

1. Counselor Strength lowered across the board
2. Stuns do zero dmg / dmg stat not affixed to stuns
3. Jason must take x amount of dmg before you have the opportunity to demask
5. Post-stun / wake up hits cannot demask because of short stun-immunity time
6. Once Jason is in rage, stun chance still applies to mask removal after dmg threshold reached (since mask RNG is separate but uses same probability).

If this is the case, it's quite clever. Referring to points 3 and 4, this would mean that no matter how much damage is dealt over the threshold, nothing will happen until a stun hit is achieved. It also addresses the issue of perfectly timed hits on wake up from stun - since he is immune to them for 2-3 seconds. While this can no longer be used to nullify defenses for an easy demask, it still won't prevent Jason taking damage before threshold is reached. For future updates I would strongly advise the devs to apply damage immunity on wake up, for the same duration that stun immunity lasts.

One unknown factor is how mask RNG reacts to guaranteed stuns such as Shotgun, but this should be easily tested once the patch out.

While the roll for a mask coming off is still chance based, in testing we weren't seeing an incredible deviation from the hit counts. 1-3 hit variations at most. So before anyone gets too upset at this chance aspect, please keep that in mind. The hit counts play into that "feel" I mentioned. We didn't want it to feel as if you have to wail away and use every weapon on the map to get the mask off.

Sharp weapons are still the best bet for removing his mask, which is due to, if I'm not mistaken, their damage value and achieving the threshold amount the fastest. While their probability is not as high as blunt weapons, the small deviation in hit counts means that their superior hits to threshold still leave them as the most viable option to remove the mask. And strong counselors, like Buggzy, with good perks and a sharp weapon will be the baseline for fastest removal of the mask still. 

Interesting anecdote, in testing we had one point where Deb ran out of weapons in the map and the mask still wasn't off. Needless to say that was the end of the test session and the team dialed the change back from there to get a comfortable spot. Deb can absolutely remove a mask, just not nearly as easily as a stronger counselor. 

Looking forward to you all getting the patch later tonight. Can't wait to hear thoughts.

For anyone looking to tinker with the changes right away (tonight) in a test environment, remember that you can use private matches to check out the change, with a Rage toggle to see both before and after the Rage hits. Run a standard match with no toggles changed, then a follow up with Rage at start.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

@Tommy86 do you think this means you could just use sucker punch for a quicker demasking? one player covers damage perks while another covers demask/kneeling with punch?

thanks for all the intel, champ. your knowledge of this game comes from great dedication.

make them suffer!

1 hour ago, glowing ooze said:

@Tommy86 do you think this means you could just use sucker punch for a quicker demasking? one player covers damage perks while another covers demask/kneeling with punch?

thanks for all the intel, champ. your knowledge of this game comes from great dedication.

make them suffer!

Sucker punch causes more stuns. Stuns do zero damage. Also since stuns do zero damage, think of every stunning hit as wasted durability. Sucker punch would be a good perk for getting Jason to kneel, but as far as removing the mask, it's going to be detrimental to say the least. I think no stun perks at all would be better. Considering the fact that even with sucker punch, the hit can still register as a non stun.

5 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

in testing we had one point where Deb ran out of weapons in the map and the mask still wasn't off.

Strigoi's probably crying like a bitch after reading this 🤣

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Sucker punch causes more stuns. Stuns do zero damage. Also since stuns do zero damage, think of every stunning hit as wasted durability. Sucker punch would be a good perk for getting Jason to kneel, but as far as removing the mask, it's going to be detrimental to say the least. I think no stun perks at all would be better. Considering the fact that even with sucker punch, the hit can still register as a non stun.

No this is not completely accurate. Hits that stun still do damage, but the stun vs not stun doesn't affect the amount of damage dealt.

So if you hit Jason, and stun him, you still deal the same damage to him that a hit without the stun does. So stun perks still have their place in game, especially if trying to buy yourself a step in pre Rage. The stun itself is not dealing damage, just the hit.

2 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

No this is not completely accurate. Hits that stun still do damage, but the stun vs not stun doesn't affect the amount of damage dealt.

So if you hit Jason, and stun him, you still deal the same damage to him that a hit without the stun does. So stun perks still have their place in game, especially if trying to buy yourself a step in pre Rage. The stun itself is not dealing damage, just the hit.

Currently the way it works, is that stunning hits do considerably less damage than hits that don't stun. Did that change? 

If you turned damage to stuns up then you made it easier to demask. From what I understood from previous comments was that stunning hits do no damage after this patch.

5 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Currently the way it works, is that stunning hits do considerably less damage than hits that don't stun. Did that change? 

Yes, the team dug into the system there and balanced that out. So damage is not tied to whether or not the hit stunned Jason. That's a big part of what lead to what some would call a damage nerf for counselors. Once we had that tackled, we had to then evaluate and test different counselors and tune damage dealt with different weapons, etc.

EDIT: To provide more detail, the next step was to get the feel correct for hits, then add the fail safe. All in all, this was what went into rebalancing for the mask coming off. Again, that's why I say I'm really excited for you all to get hands on with it. A lot went into this. Not just "throw some more mask HP in and call it done."

Just now, mattshotcha said:

Yes, the team dug into the system there and balanced that out. So damage is not tied to whether or not the hit stunned Jason. That's a big part of what lead to what some would call a damage nerf for counselors. Once we had that tackled, we had to then evaluate and test different counselors and tune damage dealt with different weapons, etc.

Indefensible wake up hits and 100% stun damage are going to make for some really upset Jason players.

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

Indefensible wake up hits and 100% stun damage are going to make for some really upset Jason players.

Not with the balance that took place after sorting that side out. I think you'll find that while it did swing in the other direction significantly, we then brought it back down to a comfortable spot.

7 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Not with the balance that took place after sorting that side out. I think you'll find that while it did swing in the other direction significantly, we then brought it back down to a comfortable spot.

I hope so. But with the skill level of people I play with it's not sounding too good from a competitive standpoint. I think it'll probably be ok in QP lobbies though. I'm assuming of course that the demasking "threshold"= Rage mode right? Jason cannot be demasked before rage?