18 hours ago, SirMang said:

What I'm saying is your argument that the rage buff rendered half the perks useless is completely false. 

As those perks were useless 3 years ago. 

There is 1, count em 1, perk that was made worthless once Jason hits rage.  Not that it matters because no one was equipping it anyway.  Heavy Hitter.

Wrong answer. Most of the perks were already useless, an weak The fact is, those perks are even more useless now. With Jason rage after 10 minutes, you also have 3 counselors that are useless. I use Vanessa primarily, and run a Tinker perk. Her, Bugsy, and Chad are all useless characters. They were distractions before, and meant to protect mechanics. After 10 minutes, they're useless. 

42 minutes ago, MartianManhunter said:

Exactly. All they do is Jason buffs. It's bad enough Jason is invincible after 10 minutes, and we have to deal with Jason helpers every round, along with infinite counselor bugs. Maybe Jason only players need to get good...

They need to get rid of Jason being invincible after 10 minutes, or give us a 4th perk slot. There's no balance in this game.

If no one hits Jason, Jason doesn't get "invincible" as you call it, he's really not invincible but whatever, until 5 minutes are left in the match.

The moral of the story, don't play pinata party with the underpowered killer and you have plenty of time to get objectives done and escape.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

If you have been here since the beginning you would know for a fact Jason was continuously nerfed since launch he has only received two major buffs in the life time of this game everything else added has Been a buff to counselor gameplay whether intended or by osmosis.

Know your facts before you post incorrect information.......

The developers make the changes based on their own gathering of information....it’s not about temper tantrums but I now that you mention it your Posts sure seem like one.

Do you also lie to family and friends? Jason is so easy to use, you got 5 year old kids spamming the grab button and killing everyone in 5 minutes. Yet, Jason needs more buffs right? Not to mention, the grab has been OP since the game came out. I been grabbed standing behind Jason, or from 20 ft away. If it's not that, it's Jason helpers. You can lesson stun times after 10 minutes, and among other things. Jason being invincible after 10 minutes, just adds to this already unbalanced game. There are 2 playing styles...Jason, or counselor, and it's time the Devs start acting like it for once.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, SirMang said:

If no one hits Jason, Jason doesn't get "invincible" as you call it, he's really not invincible but whatever, until 5 minutes are left in the match.

The moral of the story, don't play pinata party with the underpowered killer and you have plenty of time to get objectives done and escape.

You can't accomplish anything with Jason helpers every round. Try harder...

2 hours ago, HeyLittleClod said:

He finds you mainly through fear. So nerves of steel is just to help you not lose your mini map but you still are scared when he is close to you or if you are alone regardless. Fear limits your stamina recharge rate. Everyone knows this.

Him finding you through fear is not tied to Rage specifically.....he can do that regardless of Rage by spamming sense....

If you have no stamina and completely Blacked out by Fear that didn’t happen all because of Jason it’s also a matter of how you play.

Your Arguments against the Rage buff seem to be All about how you want to play the game I rest my case on Adapt, overcome and move on.

@MartianManhunter

Jason is not Invincible at anytime in the game not before Rage or After......

The kind of Grab range you are talking about is impossible.....20ft away what bullshit...seems you know more about Lying to others than I do.

What parts of the game do you find so hard to accomplish as a counselor?

One of your complaints is teamers is that where all your hostility is coming from?

Just now, MartianManhunter said:

You can't accomplish anything with Jason helpers every round. Try harder...

if your main gripe is Jason helpers then absolutely nothing Gun does will help you "win"

Since you've allegedly played since launch then you should know that Jason is far less powerful now than he was back then.  It was counselors bitching that nerfed Jason into the ground.  Less grab range, Less grab cone radius, worse grab animation, elimination of meat shielding.  All of those are infinitely more powerful than a useless rage buff since the majority of matches are done before Jason hits rage.  Hell, you can kill Jason less than 4 minutes into a round which is absurd and stupid.  And this newest change does nothing to buff Jason if the counselors objective is to escape because making the mask harder to remove does nothing to change escape parameters.

In fact, this patch is buffing the counselors for escaping as it's bringing back car escapes into play with eliminating the many Jasons who just destroy moving cars instead of trying to stop them.  In case you don't know, as the driver of the car once Jason is on your mini-map, he never comes off of it.  Unless he goes into a cabin and activates stalk.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Him finding you through fear is not tied to Rage specifically.....he can do that regardless of Rage by spamming sen

Okay. 🙃

20 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

First of all, there is no such thing as Jason only players. Everyone that plays the game is going to be counselor more than Jason.

Second of all, instead of telling people to "get good", maybe it's you that needs to "get good" if you cant handle the direction the game is going in.

Anyone that has played this game since the beginning has watched Jason have his balls removed and the counselors given buff after buff. Now the counselors cant have a dance party over Jason's body while he lies flat on his back for an entire match because the favor is rightfully being swung back toward the star of the game. Newsflash, Jason is supposed to be OP, this is an asymmetrical survival game. If it were supposed to be balanced, it would not have been developed as an asymmetrical game. Escape has always been the primary objective as counselors, killing Jason was supposed to be very difficult to pull off. Knocking him on his ass and tea bagging him should have never been a possibility. The rage buff only really accomplished two things. 1. Stopped the dance parties. 2. Made Jason ridiculously easy to kill.

Maybe you should slash instead of spamming the grab button all day when you're surrounded? All you Jason only players do is spam grab. Maybe throw some knives as well? Again, Jason is so easy to use, that little 5 year old kids can spam grab, and kill everyone in 5 minutes. This game is not just about Jason, and Jason did not win in every movie either, and neither did the counselors. I rarely every see your "dance parties" and if I did, I leave and get things done, while I beat up Jason. In fact, the majority of the time is Jason helpers causing more issues, while they spot for Jason, and run us over with cars to help as well. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

if your main gripe is Jason helpers then absolutely nothing Gun does will help you "win"

Since you've allegedly played since launch then you should know that Jason is far less powerful now than he was back then.  It was counselors bitching that nerfed Jason into the ground.  Less grab range, Less grab cone radius, worse grab animation, elimination of meat shielding.  All of those are infinitely more powerful than a useless rage buff since the majority of matches are done before Jason hits rage.  Hell, you can kill Jason less than 4 minutes into a round which is absurd and stupid.  And this newest change does nothing to buff Jason if the counselors objective is to escape because making the mask harder to remove does nothing to change escape parameters.

In fact, this patch is buffing the counselors for escaping as it's bringing back car escapes into play with eliminating the many Jasons who just destroy moving cars instead of trying to stop them.  In case you don't know, as the driver of the car once Jason is on your mini-map, he never comes off of it.  Unless he goes into a cabin and activates stalk.  

Wrong answer yet again. There is something the Devs can do...Don't allow cars to kill counselors, and take away Jason being invincible after 10 minutes...Period. The fact is, the grab got more OP over time, and more wacked. I been getting grabbed from behind Jason, and literally 20 ft away. They never made his grab weaker, they made it OP. Along with everything else that Jason has at his disposal. Most of the time I survive, even if there are Jason helpers. Most of everything in this game, is meant to help Jason. Even down to the window shutters on cabins. Like the ones where there's only 1 window on the whole building. It's trash...

15 minutes ago, HeyLittleClod said:

Tell that to the devs adding useless mechanics to the game. At least agree on that since you believe this game is just suppose to favor the all mighty jason voorhees. People who only want to play as jason, suck as counselors. I can see both sides of what jason and what counselors lack in the game. Apparently to you, counselors don't need anything. And that's where you are wrong.

Counselors need way less than what they have now.  

I, as Buggzy, should not be able to demask Jason with 1 swing 20 seconds into a round.  I, then shouldn't be allowed to just let Jason kill me, watch one of my friends in the lobby suicide and I'm back as Tommy 1 minute into the round.  Thus getting together with a female to grab the sweater and having Jason dead in 3 1/2 minutes.  

There needs to be a massive change to Jason's HP or the damage he takes, hopefully this patch actually does something concrete to fix that. 

On top of that there needs to be massive perk changes, which will never happen, so you don't have a lobby of 4 Vanessa's all running Medic, Thick Skin, Hypo.  So that way other perks actually become viable.  

The only "overpowered" aspect of Jason is sense spam.  If you use sense as Jason whether for the entire duration of sense or for 3 seconds it should have the full cooldown before you get back.  The grab from 2018 should be brought back, the radius, the length, the animation.  The meatshielding should be brought back.  The rage buff that you, and others, constantly complain about is absolutely meaningless as the majority of matches are over before Jason even hits rage. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Your Arguments against the Rage buff seem to be All about how you want to play the game I rest my case on Adapt, overcome and move on.

I'm just making suggestions. I'm not the only person who has played this game since release and has had this grievance or the ones before the jason buff. I still rest my case on corner trapping with the exception of jason combat stancing you at a corner because that's how one is suppose to be trapped.

6 minutes ago, MartianManhunter said:

Maybe you should slash instead of spamming the grab button all day when you're surrounded? All you Jason only players do is spam grab. Maybe throw some knives as well? Again, Jason is so easy to use, that little 5 year old kids can spam grab, and kill everyone in 5 minutes. This game is not just about Jason, and Jason did not win in every movie either, and neither did the counselors. I rarely every see your "dance parties" and if I did, I leave and get things done, while I beat up Jason. In fact, the majority of the time is Jason helpers causing more issues, while they spot for Jason, and run us over with cars to help as well. 

If anyone can play as Jason and kill everyone in 5 minutes....and rage doesn't come til 10 minutes...

What is your problem with the way rage is?  Since Jason should never hit rage. 

All, while you are allowed to disagree with one another, you should do so respectfully and tactfully, please tone it down. If we can't agree, lets agree to disagree and move on. 

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, SirMang said:

On top of that there needs to be massive perk changes, which will never happen, so you don't have a lobby of 4 Vanessa's all running Medic, Thick Skin, Hypo.  So that way other perks actually become viable.  

🙄

51 minutes ago, JPops said:

All, while you are allowed to disagree with one another, you should do so respectfully and tactfully, please tone it down. If we can't agree, lets agree to disagree and move on. 

Thank you. I literally just made a suggestion, and I got attacked by Jason and Counselor stans

• Confused 1

On 6/12/2020 at 5:14 PM, uranium_bong said:

Will car still be able to be destroyed with knives?

No.

On 6/12/2020 at 5:39 PM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

@mattshotcha Sounds like the right thought process went into making the de-masking adjustment and hopefully the end result is the desired balance. Having said that, do you happen to know why the same chain of thought doesn't appear to have been taken when nerfs were made to perks like Man At Arms and Heavy Hitter? At present a max value Man At Arms perk (15%) only works for Tommy, Chad, Jenny and Victoria due to their high Luck stat. Therefore, the perk does not 'Increase weapon durability for all melee weapons, allowing you to attack more before the weapon breaks' (as per the perk's description) for all counselors. Similarly, a max value Heavy Hitter perk (15%) only increases stun duration by approx. 0.8 secs after it was nerfed heavily. Less than a second of additional stun time offers a counselor no real benefit at all, and less so if you are running a Poor level version. Is there any chance that the team will be looking into seemingly broken perks? Pyro also does not work as described. I know a total perk system revamp was put on the shelf many moons ago, and I also understand that there are more pressing matters at hand for the team to work on, but fixing broken perks is surely a matter of making a value adjustment with the same considerations that you outlined above, no? Or am I asking too much and all counselors were not meant to get an extra hit with a melee weapon and 0.8 secs extra stun duration is indeed the desired result?

For the perks topic, I don't think it's on the table to tinker with them at this point, just as a perk rework isn't. As for why the changes made were made that way, I'd have to follow up with the team as that was before my time on the game. But as others have mentioned, certain perks not being the best for certain counselors is always going to be a thing. There's going to be certain counselors, due to stats, that do not see as big a benefit from certain perks. Which is not completely the case here, but definitely part of why this might fall under a lower priority than some other things on our list.

On 6/12/2020 at 5:41 PM, SirMang said:

These are all welcomed changes @mattshotcha now if you can just bring back meatshielding. on top of getting rid of the counselor CS sliding, I think the game would be in a good place.

Will have to test out the demasking.  If I'm still demasking Jason with Buggzy in one hit I will be disappointed.  What makes me excited is that I can finally drive the car around give tours of Higgins Haven without fear that Jason is going to send the car into the fires below or into orbit.   Which means I might go back to playing as Chad and being a tour guide instead of Buggzy walloping on Jason in the first minute or two of a match. 

As an aside - any discussion on how much longer double XP is going to run?  Or is it still undetermined?

I don't see meatshielding coming back. And double XP is still indefinite. I'll update you all when an end date is determined.

On 6/12/2020 at 5:56 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Sounds like the team over at a Black Tower have been hard at work. If you have a second to pass on thanks please do. 
I got to say I miss reading your responses Matt, and I hope the everyone at Gun. is well.

I will absolutely pass that along.

On 6/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, Somethin Cool said:

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it didn't need work. It is a little too easy to get the mask right now. Tbh this part right here is what has me on the edge of my seat. This talk of "chance" to remove the mask. Because as it sits right now, chance has nothing to do with it. Tbh I like the idea and I hope it works.

The chance is a dice roll moment, but players previously could overpower that roll with builds that would minimize the chance to not remove and maximize the chance to remove. This is why you see some players reporting static numbers of hits to remove the mask, while others hit counts can vary case to case, even with the same parameters. It should be noted, though, that we didn't want to make too drastic a change. So some players will still see static numbers. But that number should be much higher.

On 6/12/2020 at 7:59 PM, SKESTU said:

This patch is fantastic! Can you please fix the graphical settings for PC? Fullscreen mode is broken and the graphics keep going back to high when you set them to different graphical settings.

I believe this is currently in investigation too, but I do not have an update at this time.

On 6/12/2020 at 8:01 PM, SteveChristy said:

@mattshotcha Can you give us any info about the firecracker glitch that can sometimes make your pocketknife disappear from your inventory? Apologies if I missed it being talked about.

Agreed! Please bring that back. It was a harmless little celebratory animation on your way out to the cops that a lot of people miss.

This is being investigated, though it has been tough to reproduce in testing. I will check in for a status update, but if you have more details on the process, by all means please send them over to JasonKillsbugs.com

On 6/12/2020 at 8:58 PM, You serious said:

Anything on the works for folks that find funny to kill other councelours with the cars? 1000 exp penalty for the 150 is at best laughable.

It's been a topic of discussion for a while, and the team is always exploring options. But we have not come to any end that wouldn't be restrictive to people playing correctly. As for more elaborate means of punishing players for teaming, it is a significant resource sink to create a new system or rework the current penalties and a significant cycle to follow up and eliminate any tack on issues. It is outside of the current scope of the project, given the list of next steps we have the team focusing on.

On 6/12/2020 at 9:41 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

I'll take the mask buff but reserve judgement till the patch drops and see how much difference it really is. I still think my idea of letting Jason see where the Tommy tower is on his map or making the counselors fix all the power before Tommy could be called would curb the "Kill Squads" more than a mask endurance buff just my opinion. I just have a feeling it isn't going to make enough of a difference and it's still going to be ridiculously too easy to kill Jason. I hope I'm wrong.

Those would be major gameplay changes though. The things you mention are changes to the process and that's much more of an upheaval for players than a change that ultimately will feel like a value change.

On 6/12/2020 at 11:35 PM, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

Still no offline bots rain disabling? At least you say that the bots won't get stuck in closets anymore, that was pissing me off lol.

Bots getting stuck in closets is different than the pathing issue in the notes. The pathing issue fixed is for a challenge that would break, causing it to be impossible to 100% the challenge. Bots getting stuck in closets and hiding is something we wanted to look into, but definitely a far lower priority than the things on our list. After all, hiding from Jason is not exactly unexpected behavior.

On 6/13/2020 at 2:11 AM, Tommy86 said:

On the contrary, I would say this post is just about as ambiguous as can be, to the point of it being intentionally so. But I’m going to break it down and attempt to make sense of it for everyone.

Ok, perks and weapon values untouched, got it. So the way you are minimising damage output is by nerfing Strength then? Since you mentioned stats, and Strength is the only stat which determines damage output for a Counselor. As far as different scenarios go, well pre-Rage and post-Rage are literally the only ones I can see, which seems you’ve got some additional modifier to lower damage post-Rage.

Yes, seems you’ve got a damage modifier post-Rage. That would be the fail safe. As for other ways how damage affects Jason’s mask (assuming you haven’t added anything new) well there is only stun (low damage) and non-stun (full damage). By nerfing Strength stat then both values are lowered anyway.

Regarding "chances to remove" the mask, well that is simply called stun chance - since this determines the amount of damage dealt (see above). There are also 2 layers of it, base stun chance of a weapon and individual counselor stun chance (not determined by any visible stats whatsoever). A third layer would be Stun Resistance but that conclusively does not exist. Since you didn’t tweak any of the weapons, this leads me to think you increased the stun chance for counselors across the board then. Alternatively you’ve added a new modifier that randomly deals lower damage on any hit including a non-stun. Another alternative could be some extra damage immunity states for Jason - which would be wise - although I’m doubtful this is the case. But moving on...

Yes, since you didn’t touch the perks. Hopefully those max values of Slugger and Thrasher with a 10 Strength Counselor have been accounted for regarding that damage modifier...
Side note, I also wouldn’t strictly call it “earning” those builds since that would imply progression, rather than randomly rolling them at literally any point.

Now, back to the chance topic to finish this off. If this is still simply stun-based, that not only goes out the window as soon as Rage hits, but it is not even effective before that. The reason being is that while Jason does have stun-immunity states (2-3 seconds) following a stun, he does not have damage-immunity. Therefore, even something as simple as a firecracker can be used to safely guarantee a non-stun, full damage hit providing you have the timing down - video link. Video plays from start of the match to show Jason is indeed at full health (or skip to 0:40). The demask hit comes just as he is exiting firecracker stun, and by observing the abilities menu which only lights up post-stun, you can see how much time he has to do anything. In other words - virtually none. Timing can be learned and done consistently.

Additionally, there is one last nuclear bomb bit of info that I’ll drop here. There is in fact already a post-Rage damage modifier sitting in the game, although certainly not an intended one. A flare gun - one headshot - does 60 Damage post-Rage. If that is still there in the new patch, unaddressed, everything else is almost for naught.

TL;DR

1. Weapon values, perks untouched
  2. Maybe Strength nerfed
  3. Maybe dmg modifier post-Rage
  4. Maybe stun chance increased / random dmg output per hit
Honestly I don’t know why the specific changes to mechanics couldn’t just be clearly listed as I’ve done above. Rather than a bunch of stuff about game balance and ambiguous tweaks, which can be confusing even for veteran players simply wanting more specific info. What is written instead is something that lends itself to a lot of speculation. In the future it would be nice to read something concrete regarding changes such as this.

This is a solid breakdown from someone who has spent a lot of time in our game, and I mean in no way to discredit or argue it. When I said that was as clear as I could be, I meant it. I'm not the person under the hood of the game. Add to that, the people who are under the hood of the game are under a whole different work at home scenario on the other side of the world. I'm not going to comment in too much granularity because it's not my expertise. And things are a little extra tricky these days with everything going on both in the world and in game.

Normally, I would have liked to have a stream, with guests from prod, that could answer questions and highlight this change in greater detail. But that's not in the cards right now.

As for what I do know and can comment on, I'll provide as much context as I can.

There's a spiderweb here that was built in the game from launch, so some of these things, like stuns and damage and mask HP had to be separated and detached in order to achieve a better base to build around. While strength, in regards to damage on Jason, damage that only affects the mask state, has been lowered, across the board. This is to keep the variety between counselors. If we lower damage output on only strong counselors, they get too close to other counselors. That would make their stat bar for strength irrelevant, since those are really only based off a comparative scale against other counselors.

Stun vs Non-Stun is not a factor anymore. The team dug in and made sure damage was it's own stat and stuns would still be chance based, depending on variables, but would no longer draw from or add to the damage pool. That was step one. Step Two required a closer look at baseline counselors, of a wide variety from Deb to Buggsy.

Chance to Remove is not stun chance, as you speculated. The chance to stun modifier is applied to chance to remove mask, but it's separated from stun in that a certain amount of damage has to be applied to Jason to get to the roll. The damage dealt gets the mask to a point where the roll can happen. The roll takes placed and the probability is based off stun chance. But that damage is not tied to stun anymore.

I would call it earning because those rolls are at the cost of in game experience earned.

The above changes I outlined also explain why the timing of a hit to deal damage but not stun, is not a concern after this patch. Now we'll need to see it in the wild some, because in games, everything in the wild is going to look a bit different once the community has their hands on it.

One last note, for the average player with average perks, we're confident in the tests we ran with what it took to remove the mask, the actual and the design. The "feel" is important here, too. And we feel that it "feels" right. That said, we added an additional fail safe where Jason cannot have his mask removed prior to hitting a certain threshold. This includes damage taken from traps, etc. So regardless of your build, and how top notch it is, his mask should never pop off too early to achieve the designated feel and pace of the match.

I mean this sincerely, I'm really excited to have you play after the patch and hope you'll share your thoughts after a few matches after the 16th. If you do, please create a thread for specifically this, and I would love a tag. From there, we can continue this and I can try and bring some info from the core team into the picture in due time. In the meantime, I'll compile a list of things needing more clarity and fire it over to the team. Once things settle with this patch launch, and you've all had it in your hands a bit, I'm sure they'll be happy to needle in further than I can.

On 6/13/2020 at 10:01 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

It works as intended. The kill never works 100% of the time. It depends what weapon you are using to get Jason to his knees after the sweater stun. If you are using a machete to get him to his knees, expect it to fail 50% of the time or more. An axe isn’t 100% at stunning either, but it will work roughly 80-90% of the time. If you want a guaranteed kill, have someone standing near Jason with a frying pan. 

Stun chance plays a part in kneeling him. That's why it isn't 100%. A pan or bat is a good bet to have nearby.

22 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

These "exploits" are probably never going away. It's built in the controlling system of the character probably the reason they are having trouble getting rid of the "sliding" exploit. I'm no coder or programmer but do understand a little bit.

Things like sliding are definitely deep in the game. Usually, fixing an issue with something like that is more about creating a way to negate the effect than cracking open the entire system and rebuilding it. 

20 hours ago, Donni said:

Great and well needed patch, ty for still updating the game. Hope to see any change to the perk system if possible; more slots, less grind or luck based, faster rolling, stuff like that :]

Perk system is off the table, unfortunately. The entire system would need to be redone to safely make some of the changes we've seen requested.

18 hours ago, Krohnium said:

@mattshotcha

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by an interaction lock? Just want clarification to know what this will mean for the points listed with that in their description

Interaction locks lock up counselor or Jason control, they can also freeze a player in a state. Usually caused by interacting with something in the environment, like a door or window or other usable object.

15 hours ago, HeyLittleClod said:

That's one of the reasons, and if not, the entire point of updates and maintenance. 

This is incorrect. Bugs and design decisions are completely separate. And while one may lead to the other, or same in reverse, Rage is a design decision brought on by an issue in game. A change like the mask is about balance, but that also needs to fit in the design of the game. Taking off his mask prior to this change isn't broken, so it wasn't fixed. It was redesigned. Flying cars was never intended, so that was fixed. But it's important to understand that design and bug fix/balancing are all the same. A lot of times, the game's core design is the ultimate back stop of changes made. It's why if you said "Jason is too slow" we wouldn't give him a bicycle. That would be outside the design. 

Rage as it is now fits the design of the game.

EDIT: Let's try and trim the back and forth here. Low effort posts with a sarcastic smiley are not contributing to the conversation, and neither is name calling etc. It's worth noting that the bulk of people calling for the change to the mask came from the Jason killing camp, not the Jason Main camp as some have tried to say. And even then, we did everything we could to make sure that this change didn't create too much of a skill gap for counselors who maybe have struggled to kill Jason, or are just getting their feet wet. We took this as an opportunity to tune the kill process, not make drastic changes to it. You can see our stance on this even in the reply I'm editing right now. We didn't want to do something heavy like highlight the Tommy CB Radio or otherwise make elements of the game that have multiple purposes harder to achieve. I need to remind everyone, again, that killing Jason is not the only way to win the game and definitely not the primary way, as per design. It has gotten easier over time, but that's something we intend to TUNE, not completely shift. But in the design of this game, escape is always what the counselors should be working towards primarily. 

I'll also add that Jason hiding in a lake is not something we're going to drastically alter the game to eliminate. Jason hiding in a lake to not be killed is lame. But you can walk away from the lake, start a car, and escape. Because escape is still the primary intended win condition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, MartianManhunter said:

Wrong answer yet again. There is something the Devs can do...Don't allow cars to kill counselors

Listen I hate teamers too but some kind of health penalty has to be implemented when a car hits a person.....I don’t want to see players get hit And killed by some dumb dick either but getting hit and bounce Off or getting back up would be ridiculous.....I wouldn’t have a problem with if you are hit you become critically injured.

, and take away Jason being invincible after 10 minutes...Period.

Once Again Jason is not Invincible. He can be killed at anytime pre-rage and post rage.

The fact is, the grab got more OP over time, and more wacked. I been getting grabbed from behind Jason, and literally 20 ft away. They never made his grab weaker, they made it OP. Along with everything else that Jason has at his disposal. Most of the time I survive, even if there are Jason helpers. Most of everything in this game, is meant to help Jason. Even down to the window shutters on cabins. Like the ones where there's only 1 window on the whole building. It's trash...

This post is whack...... you are fooling yourself if you think the Grab has continually been made More powerful.

As a counselor player myself i love the new patches and i find them some what well balanced. Sometimes difficult to escape jason after he gets rage but its also nice that when and if i become jason i don't have to worry about getting tea bagged and danced on when i hit rage and players actually move on to trying to escape. Something that they should have been doing the start of the match not trying to pick a fight with a iconic killer.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

For the perks topic, I don't think it's on the table to tinker with them at this point, just as a perk rework isn't. As for why the changes made were made that way, I'd have to follow up with the team as that was before my time on the game. But as others have mentioned, certain perks not being the best for certain counselors is always going to be a thing. There's going to be certain counselors, due to stats, that do not see as big a benefit from certain perks. Which is not completely the case here, but definitely part of why this might fall under a lower priority than some other things on our list.

Cheers for letting me know. It is what it is, I suppose. Hopefully an increased chance at rolling Legendary and Epic perks event might happen in the near future.

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

I don't see meatshielding coming back. 

That's a shame that meatshielding won't ever come back.  It would help Jason immensely. 

One further Question Matt...  Is it possible at some point we can see sense work like the rest of Jason's abilities?  Once it's used no matter the duration it goes into a full cooldown?  If you stop shift early, you still have the full cooldown.  If you stop stalk early, you still have the full cooldown.  Shouldn't sense work the same way?  By making this change you would make sense avoidance/fear reduction perks more viable and a hiding type of playstyle a real possibility to survive the night. 

3 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

First of all, there is no such thing as Jason only players

Not entirely accurate. There are players when not chosen to be Jason will instantly leave and go lobby hopping until they are chosen. I admit I do this most of the time if I lose some standing in this community for doing so, Oh Well. At least I'm honest

• Like 1

@mattshotcha

Hopefully the next patch cycle is not the last patch, did you and your team discuss about an Offline Bots mode creator yet? Like able to change clothing, perks, let's you pick the counselors that you want in your game and etc. I would love to see this in the game before the final patch. I think the reason why their getting suck in hiding spots because they must have one of the hiding perks since it's set on random for them, being able to change to what perks they have would probably help instead of making any unnecessary changes like removing anything that could break the game in some way. 

Also I would like to have an option to shut off the rain. 

I would like to address a weird window kill glitch. For some reason when I throw a bot threw a cabin window while I'm outside and sometimes I'll appear inside the cabin after the kill when I'm actually suppose to be outside.

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

That's a shame that meatshielding won't ever come back.  It would help Jason immensely. 

One further Question Matt...  Is it possible at some point we can see sense work like the rest of Jason's abilities?  Once it's used no matter the duration it goes into a full cooldown?  If you stop shift early, you still have the full cooldown.  If you stop stalk early, you still have the full cooldown.  Shouldn't sense work the same way?  By making this change you would make sense avoidance/fear reduction perks more viable and a hiding type of playstyle a real possibility to survive the night. 

We've had this discussion internally a few times, and in detail. But we feel it has become something that is relied upon as a mechanic. The thing about Stalk is how powerful it really is, and how powerful it would be if it could be drip fed like Sense.

But for Sense, without it being more freely available you end up with Jason players lost in the map. It would make Stealth have more of an impact, but it would be a heavy pendulum swing to too much of an impact. For day one, top skill players it would be interesting, as the Jason would be able to use all skills to effectively still control the map. But it's not optimal for the entirety of the player base. 

This is why we made it an option for toggles in PM for post Rage, though. So players could tinker with that feature to get a game setting they like for their skill level. It's something we have definitely considered in QP, but just too common a mechanic to disrupt it for the wide variety of players and after it having been as it is for so long.

@Ricardo Marins please stop posting with that massive text. The health spray issue you mention is under investigation for the patch after this one.

9 minutes ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

@mattshotcha

Hopefully the next patch cycle is not the last patch, did you and your team discuss about an Offline Bots mode creator yet? Like able to change clothing, perks, let's you pick the counselors that you want in your game and etc. I would love to see this in the game before the final patch. I think the reason why their hiding alot because they must have one of the hiding perks since it's set on random for them, being able to change to what perks they have would probably help instead of making any unnecessary changes like removing anything that could break the game in some way. 

Also I would like to have an option to shut off the rain. 

I would like to address a weird window kill glitch. For some reason when I throw a bot threw a cabin window while I'm outside and sometimes I'll appear inside the cabin after the kill when I'm actually suppose to be outside.

Anything Offline Bots issues that are not complete blockers, like the Challenge issue, are not going to be any higher priority than a QP issue at this time. It's just not a good use of resources with open bugs elsewhere. A complete blocker would be something that renders completion of the match or challenge impossible. But, we are aware of the requests in your post. I absolutely can submit them as wishlist items, but being realistic I wouldn't count on them getting implemented. 

1 minute ago, mattshotcha said:

We've had this discussion internally a few times, and in detail. But we feel it has become something that is relied upon as a mechanic. The thing about Stalk is how powerful it really is, and how powerful it would be if it could be drip fed like Sense.

But for Sense, without it being more freely available you end up with Jason players lost in the map. It would make Stealth have more of an impact, but it would be a heavy pendulum swing to too much of an impact. For day one, top skill players it would be interesting, as the Jason would be able to use all skills to effectively still control the map. But it's not optimal for the entirety of the player base. 

This is why we made it an option for toggles in PM for post Rage, though. So players could tinker with that feature to get a game setting they like for their skill level. It's something we have definitely considered in QP, but just too common a mechanic to disrupt it for the wide variety of players and after it having been as it is for so long.

@Ricardo Marins please stop posting with that massive text. The health spray issue you mention is under investigation for the patch after this one.

Anything Offline Bots issues that are not complete blockers, like the Challenge issue, are not going to be any higher priority than a QP issue at this time. It's just not a good use of resources with open bugs elsewhere. A complete blocker would be something that renders completion of the match or challenge impossible. But, we are aware of the requests in your post. I absolutely can submit them as wishlist items, but being realistic I wouldn't count on them getting implemented. 

No problem hopefully it does get implemented, if not it's fine but would like to see more work on offline bots though if possible.