i miss the old days when jason could grab a survivor quickly and walk on grab recovery, making extremely difficult to hit him. you needed much more skill to grab running counselors  with shift and battle between jason and counselors were intense. now a group of 10 year old can easely kill an average jason. pathetic.

13 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

t was only harder because people weren't skilled at playing yet

I would agree with that if the people who were killing him every time, weren't using the sliding glitch.

13 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

It still works for block though. So it does in fact add durability, just situationally.

I suppose. But it is definitely the '...allowing you to attack more before the weapon breaks' part of the perk that is of significance.

Just now, Horrorking138 said:

I would agree with that if the people who were killing him every time, weren't using the sliding glitch.

Idk where you're playing but I hardly ever see anyone sliding. Have no fear tho, they're fixing that in the next patch.

Just now, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

I suppose. But it is definitely the '...allowing you to attack more before the weapon breaks' part the perk that is of significance.

They'd have to buff the perk and nerf the luck stat to fix that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

They'd have to buff the perk and nerf the luck stat to fix that.

And that is exactly what I was eluding to by quoting what @mattshotcha had said to you about finding out where the balance sits, tweaking and tuning whatever necessary, and not being too subtle but not too heavy handed with the changes either. Because when the MAA perk (and Heavy Hitter) was nerfed they were definitely too heavy on it. And the same can even be said for Grease Monkey.

9 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Idk where you're playing but I hardly ever see anyone sliding. 

Well then, I'd love to play wherever you're playing, because I see it about 8 times out of 10. It's the main reason why I don't play that much, anymore.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Horrorking138 said:

Well then, I'd love to play wherever you're playing, because I see it about 8 times out of 10. It's the main reason why I don't play that much, anymore.

US servers

6 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

And that is exactly what I was eluding to by quoting what @mattshotcha had said to you about finding out where the balance sits, tweaking and tuning whatever necessary, and not being too subtle but not too heavy handed with the changes either. Because when the MAA perk (and Heavy Hitter) was nerfed they were definitely too heavy on it. And the same can even be said for Grease Monkey.

It just boils down to a counselor based perk now. If you're running Chad it might be a good idea. Not so much for AJ. But you probably wouldn't run my dad's a cop on Chad, so I think variety is ok.

@mattshotcha

wowzers!!! Thank you and Thank the team!!

That is a ton of stuff For this next patch!!!

Super exciting!!

love, love, love Where you and the team landed on the mask situation it can’t be overstated enough.... that this sounds like a perfect middle ground for the Too quick De-mask Scenario....

June 16th can’t come any sooner!!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

It just boils down to a counselor based perk now. If you're running Chad it might be a good idea. Not so much for AJ. But you probably wouldn't run my dad's a cop on Chad, so I think variety is ok.

True, but I think it's a shame that many perks are counselor based due to how the perk algorithm works - high counselor stat gives high return on the perk value (for certain perks), which I know you already know. Anyway, MAA got nerfed heavily due to Chad being able to get half a dozen or so extra hits with a bat. But that wasn't remotely the case for low Luck counselors like, as you mentioned, A.J. who could actually benefit from an extra weapon hit instead of getting nothing. So clearly more thought was needed to find that desired balance for all counselors. But if @mattshotcha says that they won't be looking into it, then so be it.

This patch is fantastic! Can you please fix the graphical settings for PC? Fullscreen mode is broken and the graphics keep going back to high when you set them to different graphical settings.

11 hours ago, Korpse Garden said:

Yay! They completely screwed the counselors. As if giving Jason Rage Mode wasn't bad enough, now it's harder to take the mask off? That was the only saving grace when rage mode is active. I love this game, but I am super sick of the whiny Jason players that suck bitching until they get a new buff . I think Rage mode should be gotten rid of. Its just basically giving Jason kills. I miss the days when Jasons had to be good at

Rage buff isn't going away. Get... the fuck... over it. You're.bitch-whining because his mask, which can be removed in a single hit, is now a little harder to take off? Are you fucking kidding me?

• Like 3

@mattshotcha Can you give us any info about the firecracker glitch that can sometimes make your pocketknife disappear from your inventory? Apologies if I missed it being talked about.

5 hours ago, Keepthisgamegoing said:

Can you bring back dancing on the way to the cops! That was actually a good glitch. 

Agreed! Please bring that back. It was a harmless little celebratory animation on your way out to the cops that a lot of people miss.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

Poggers, can you guys add a feature in a private match that disables perks?

i do believe this is already an option.

8 hours ago, Korpse Garden said:

Yay! They completely screwed the counselors. As if giving Jason Rage Mode wasn't bad enough, now it's harder to take the mask off? That was the only saving grace when rage mode is active. I love this game, but I am super sick of the whiny Jason players that suck bitching until they get a new buff . I think Rage mode should be gotten rid of. Its just basically giving Jason kills. I miss the days when Jasons had to be good at it. 

this is a strategy game at its core. if you have the right strats in place, you will be fine. its been a long time since rage was reworked to actualy mean something & you still havent adapted. i subjest you rethink how you play. survival horror is all about standing at deaths door, hanging by a thread, odds against you, & somehow, some way, you survive. that is why jason needs to be stronger.

its not the jasons complaining as much as its the counselors demanding a more challenging  jason. dont be a fool, play it smart.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Korpse Garden said:

Yay! They completely screwed the counselors. As if giving Jason Rage Mode wasn't bad enough, now it's harder to take the mask off? That was the only saving grace when rage mode is active. I love this game, but I am super sick of the whiny Jason players that suck bitching until they get a new buff . I think Rage mode should be gotten rid of. Its just basically giving Jason kills. I miss the days when Jasons had to be good at it. 

Oh, stop your whining. Jason's supposed to be a overpower killer.
You can play as the slowest counselor in the world, and you can still survive the night.
If you can't handle being chased by a killer that's "overpower"; then go to Dead By Daylight.

• Like 1

Anything on the works for folks that find funny to kill other councelours with the cars? 1000 exp penalty for the 150 is at best laughable.

I'll take the mask buff but reserve judgement till the patch drops and see how much difference it really is. I still think my idea of letting Jason see where the Tommy tower is on his map or making the counselors fix all the power before Tommy could be called would curb the "Kill Squads" more than a mask endurance buff just my opinion. I just have a feeling it isn't going to make enough of a difference and it's still going to be ridiculously too easy to kill Jason. I hope I'm wrong.

8 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

The game is about escaping Jason. Not fighting him to the bitter end. The kill sequence is there, but it's not the primary option. Escape is.

Read it and weep, whiners 😋

• Like 3

As a counselor player I have never play with Jason even when the game first came out well maybe once or twice but I love the whole rage mode thing he get super amped up only Weak players complain his rage mode get good kid

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 3:50 PM, imthatdamngood33 said:

The game is about Jason. If you can't handle that, I hear Fornite will take you.

oh shit lol nice

Still no offline bots rain disabling? At least you say that the bots won't get stuck in closets anymore, that was pissing me off lol.

10 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

I'm not a programmer, so that's about the clearest I can be.

On the contrary, I would say this post is just about as ambiguous as can be, to the point of it being intentionally so. But I’m going to break it down and attempt to make sense of it for everyone.

We didn't tinker with the values of weapons individually or even as a whole. We didn't tinker with specific perks or all perks...We took their stats as baseline, with all types of different weapons, in all types of different scenarios, pre Rage, post Rage, etc. and tried to determine what values fit well into the game design.

Ok, perks and weapon values untouched, got it. So the way you are minimising damage output is by nerfing Strength then? Since you mentioned stats, and Strength is the only stat which determines damage output for a Counselor. As far as different scenarios go, well pre-Rage and post-Rage are literally the only ones I can see, which seems you’ve got some additional modifier to lower damage post-Rage.

Tweaked and tuned how damage affects Jason's mask and the chances to remove it, as well as added a fail safe for the highest end builds to not remove the mask too quickly.

Yes, seems you’ve got a damage modifier post-Rage. That would be the fail safe. As for other ways how damage affects Jason’s mask (assuming you haven’t added anything new) well there is only stun (low damage) and non-stun (full damage). By nerfing Strength stat then both values are lowered anyway.

Regarding "chances to remove" the mask, well that is simply called stun chance - since this determines the amount of damage dealt (see above). There are also 2 layers of it, base stun chance of a weapon and individual counselor stun chance (not determined by any visible stats whatsoever). A third layer would be Stun Resistance but that conclusively does not exist. Since you didn’t tweak any of the weapons, this leads me to think you increased the stun chance for counselors across the board then. Alternatively you’ve added a new modifier that randomly deals lower damage on any hit including a non-stun. Another alternative could be some extra damage immunity states for Jason - which would be wise - although I’m doubtful this is the case. But moving on...

Some players with well built counselors will find reliable hits to remove the mask, despite the chance applied to the mask. We felt that was ok, as they've earned those builds.

Yes, since you didn’t touch the perks. Hopefully those max values of Slugger and Thrasher with a 10 Strength Counselor have been accounted for regarding that damage modifier...
Side note, I also wouldn’t strictly call it “earning” those builds since that would imply progression, rather than randomly rolling them at literally any point.

Now, back to the chance topic to finish this off. If this is still simply stun-based, that not only goes out the window as soon as Rage hits, but it is not even effective before that. The reason being is that while Jason does have stun-immunity states (2-3 seconds) following a stun, he does not have damage-immunity. Therefore, even something as simple as a firecracker can be used to safely guarantee a non-stun, full damage hit providing you have the timing down - video link. Video plays from start of the match to show Jason is indeed at full health (or skip to 0:40). The demask hit comes just as he is exiting firecracker stun, and by observing the abilities menu which only lights up post-stun, you can see how much time he has to do anything. In other words - virtually none. Timing can be learned and done consistently.

Additionally, there is one last nuclear bomb bit of info that I’ll drop here. There is in fact already a post-Rage damage modifier sitting in the game, although certainly not an intended one. A flare gun - one headshot - does 60 Damage post-Rage. If that is still there in the new patch, unaddressed, everything else is almost for naught.

TL;DR

1. Weapon values, perks untouched
  2. Maybe Strength nerfed
  3. Maybe dmg modifier post-Rage
  4. Maybe stun chance increased / random dmg output per hit
Honestly I don’t know why the specific changes to mechanics couldn’t just be clearly listed as I’ve done above. Rather than a bunch of stuff about game balance and ambiguous tweaks, which can be confusing even for veteran players simply wanting more specific info. What is written instead is something that lends itself to a lot of speculation. In the future it would be nice to read something concrete regarding changes such as this.
  • Like 6

Hello! What about counselors who team with Jason?is it possible  disable Jason for those who play in the team?

Counselors arent the only ones that slide. Why can't I move Jason out of the way when I am stuck in a corner. Why is he an inanimate object. It's unfair. Jason has exploits that allow him to to become invisible but can slowly walk within this state. They call it "ghost mode" and Jason being able to speed shift (faster than his average shifting mechanic and ability) should be looked into as well. Counselors and Jason are both at a disadvantage. They need to be rebalanced. I appreciate you guys looking into counselor's exploits but look into Jason's as well. Counselors aren't the only ones that can slide. And the break free bar that goes full and him still taking a kill is ridiculous.

Counselors arent the only ones that slide. Why can't I move Jason out of the way when I am stuck in a corner? Why is he an inanimate object? It's unfair Jason has exploits that allow him to to become invisible but can slowly walk within this state. They call it "ghost mode" and Jason being able to speed shift (faster than his average shifting mechanic and ability) should be looked into as well. I've witnessed these exploits from Jason and so have many other players. Counselors and Jason are both at a disadvantage. They need to be rebalanced. I appreciate you guys looking into counselor's exploits but look into Jason's as well. And the break free bar that goes full and him still taking a kill is ridiculous.

• Like 1

"Speed shifting" I'm pretty sure doesn't make shift any faster but does increase the distance by a little bit.  It just cancels out that little tiny bit of "jump" animation as you enter shift . Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Tommy 86 would know. Ghost "walking" is not the easiest thing to do and not sure it can be done with Keyboard and mouse. I've never seen someone use it on PC platform yet.

22 hours ago, Korpse Garden said:

Tons of players screw up the kill, because lets be honest it doesn't always work right. 

It works as intended. The kill never works 100% of the time. It depends what weapon you are using to get Jason to his knees after the sweater stun. If you are using a machete to get him to his knees, expect it to fail 50% of the time or more. An axe isn’t 100% at stunning either, but it will work roughly 80-90% of the time. If you want a guaranteed kill, have someone standing near Jason with a frying pan. 

• Confused 1

On 6/13/2020 at 2:35 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

Speed shifting" I'm pretty sure doesn't make shift any faster but does increase the distance by a little bit.  It just cancels out that little tiny bit of "jump" animation as you enter shift . Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Tommy 86 would know. Ghost "walking" is not the easiest thing to do and not sure it can be done with Keyboard and mouse. I've never seen someone use it on PC platform yet.

Alot of these "exploits" aren't easy to do. And I've witnessed Jason speed shifting compared to the regular shift. Despite Part 6 or an other Jason specializing in this ability, there is a huge difference in regular shifting and exploited shifting. I didn't even know it makes them go longer within the shift. But I know for a fact it makes them go faster, it really needs to be looked into. And If the exploit isn't on PC platform then it isnt. But it's out there and it's not the easiest thing to find.

On 6/12/2020 at 3:53 PM, mattshotcha said:

We feel the new change to Jason is a solid in between for all parties in our community. It is more difficult, but not so much more difficult that it will feel like we've made a dramatic buff to Jason. Rage, on the other hand, is staying as it is. Players have already illustrated that they can adapt to the new Rage standard, and that means that while there may be a new learning curve to game play, it's working.

The ambiguity inside your statement is the reason why Jason doesn't need the new rage standard. Me, and plenty of other people who haven't cried about Jason getting "bullied" have regarded that 'Special little boy' buff as unnecessary.