I would just leave the lil exploits tweaks in most fanbase is tourney n league players n these exploits are very important  to our community you would ruin the league scene by taking them out 

We need a fix for when a team is trying to kill Jason and he faces a wall that gives Jason  safety from Pamela's sweater activation. 

2 hours ago, psx_mad147 said:

Wow, yet another Jason buff, of course, because he wasn't strong enough already. To be honest this update was the change needed for Jason, not the rage change that was just ridiculous.

He wasn't strong enough already. He's a joke. He needed to be buffed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Vincent said:

All successful interactions with the killer should feel rewarding, that's what makes a game engaging. A single swing does not come without risk, and every successful hit should feel like you did something good, rather than punished your whole team for shortening the game by another 30 seconds. And, the fact that there might be enough time to kill or escape Jason before he gets rage is completely missing the point, not to mention often false(when the Jasons are competent or when you are playing with new players/strangers, it is very likely that the game will extend beyond the 10 minute mark).  It also certainly doesn't account for players who would just go fight Jason and then leave(effectively ruining the game for everyone else who don't even know it happened).

I also don't quite understand why you would use the argument of "games can be ended before the 10 minute mark" as an actual defense for this atrocious mechanic. Most people don't really want a 10 minute game. Most players do not want a permanent-invulnerability mode. It removes a lot of the player interactions between survivor/killer that made this game engaging. It makes combat for Jason very one-dimensional and boringly easy.

Imagine if you played Dbd and every time you hit the killer with a pallet, one of the generators got disabled permanently. Do you think that would be a fun mechanic for anyone?  Do you think anyone would see "just adapt to the new mechanic!" or "just fix enough gens before they are all disabled!" as adequate responses or defenses for this kind of mechanic? 

The risk is that you are effectively enraging a homicidal killer, who just might become more powerful, due to his anger... his... Rage.

If you're playing the game to make it last longer than 10 minutes instead of playing the game to win, I don't really know what to say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you guys for this and I am really hoping that jason is feared again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Any chance we could ever get the ability to allow Jason to block with one button? It would make it more accessible for newer players who never use the mechanic. More importantly it'll reduce the annoyance of group fights as Jason. 

I don't love rage either but I think it could be a good thing with some slight changes. It would be great if pre rage hits didn't make it happen sooner. As Vincent alluded to earlier many inexperienced players will fight Jason needlessly, get killed and leave. Other than that only change I'd really care to see is rage invulnerability only being active for groups of counselors or being turned off for the final survivor. I don't care if the stuns last for shorter times or that you can't stun during door animation after rage just wish the only option at that point wasn't running away. 

@mattshotcha The last patch was the best support patch, by far. It restored my faith and confidence in this game and your commitment to doing right by us. The issues you are targeting are spot on, and I am genuinely excited that you are working on them. If these next patches are as successful as the last one, you'll have knocked it out of the park. 🤞 Thank you for bringing this game closer to its amazing potential!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Redwards34 said:

Any chance we could ever get the ability to allow Jason to block with one button? It would make it more accessible for newer players who never use the mechanic. More importantly it'll reduce the annoyance of group fights as Jason. 

I don't love rage either but I think it could be a good thing with some slight changes. It would be great if pre rage hits didn't make it happen sooner. As Vincent alluded to earlier many inexperienced players will fight Jason needlessly, get killed and leave. Other than that only change I'd really care to see is rage invulnerability only being active for groups of counselors or being turned off for the final survivor. I don't care if the stuns last for shorter times or that you can't stun during door animation after rage just wish the only option at that point wasn't running away. 

I would have to report on this to the team and see what even could be done in regards to what you're requesting. The Rage change is a s much a design change as a balancing one, and the team feels strongly about there being a consequence for smacking Jason. Even if those hits are there to put distance and survive, there should be a consequence for them.

While the issue you mention is frustrating, players hitting him needlessly and then quitting, it doesn't mean we should build around one scenario alone. The game is about escaping Jason. Not fighting him to the bitter end. The kill sequence is there, but it's not the primary option. Escape is. If we make it where pre-Rage hits don't accelerate Rage, then we just have bully parties for half the match again.

Some counselors are going to run into Jason when he's in Rage and get killed. The other counselors should be using that time to further their escape. Not all counselors will make it, but if you prioritize the escape, a lot will. Rage or not, Jason can only work on one counselor at a time, assuming they aren't lined up waiting for a slash. It's a big change, and I don't mean to understate that. But the game has layers of teamwork involved and that's going to be the difference between success and failure. Online MP always has a problem with players not "playing the objective" and it's frustrating. But when you build around that, you end up with a cake walk for players and groups that do play the objective. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@mattshotcha Loving the new patches great work i was wandering if it's possible to add a toggle in private match. That allows you to disable sense would make for great hide an seek matches for counselor and jason

Although I like playing as Jason and am pretty good at it (I don't get bullied or at risk of dying often) I would call myself a counselor main. From that perspective, my opinion is that Jason, even after the Rage buff, is too weak. I came back to the game just yesterday after roughly a couple months of break, and was immediately trolling most Jasons, escaping, killing them, the works. Jason is supposed to be a nightmarish, supernaturally powered force that you're lucky to get away from. Not something you laugh at and embarrass more often than not.

If you're complaining about this buff or the Rage buff, I suggest that you either learn how to play, or try another game.

I welcome this update.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 'Dion Myers Cox said:

please put a mod that disables the rage mode in the private game

image.png

Please do not post like this. Expanding the size of the text is obnoxious. I'm reading and responding frequently here, there's no need for that.

As I've already stated elsewhere, I would have to check on this with the team. I don't know that such a toggle can be done in a similar fashion to the other toggles in Private Matches. Also, I'd like to point out that a lot of options exist in Private Matches to swing the balance different ways.

• Thanks 1

@mattshotcha  Hello, Matt! 

I already wrote your team my offer on your YT channel many months ago. And you took my suggestion well, but you still didn't apply it. I'll say it again. Can you place an icon Jason on the interface, talking about that Jason has Rage? I don't mean the moment when Jason's Rage is activated. I mean when he's already has Rage. (And let the icon with Rage not disappear until the end of the match). Many players either forget or don`t know that Jason has Rage. Including the case when a player returns to a match for Tommy Jarvis. Being in the spectators, the player can't always tell if Jason has Rage. Please do this. It will be better for all players. Thank you.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.05.10 - 00.13.39.84.png

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, camp_voorhees said:

@mattshotcha Loving the new patches great work i was wandering if it's possible to add a toggle in private match. That allows you to disable sense would make for great hide an seek matches for counselor and jason

If you want to create a hide and seek mode, consider a private match with "Rage at Start" set to on and "Rage Causes Sense Loss" on. Then Jason will start with Rage and no Sense ability.

Obviously, he'll be in Rage. But if you want to play hide and seek, that will work.

3 minutes ago, Psychophonic said:

@mattshotcha  Hello, Matt! 

I already wrote your team my offer on your YT channel many months ago. And you took my suggestion well, but you still didn't apply it. I'll say it again. Can you place an icon Jason on the interface, talking about that Jason has Rage? I don't mean the moment when Jason's Rage is activated. I mean when he's already has Rage. (And let the icon with Rage not disappear until the end of the match). Many players either forget or don`t know that Jason has Rage. Including the case when a player returns to a match for Tommy Jarvis. Being in the spectators, the player can't always tell if Jason has Rage. Please do this. It will be better for all players. Thank you.

We did discuss this, but the decision was made not to, for design reasons. The team felt it was already displayed well to players that Rage has started. Anything more would be very "tutorial" style and a bit of a heavy handed crutch, eliminating the need to pay attention to the game state. Counselors should be aware of what is happening and if not, they might face an untimely end because of it. That didn't seem like something we needed to remind the players of repeatedly.

• Sad 1

Good now I can get better at driving also AJ mason has a issue with her composure it's a 7 but it feels like a 1 or a 0 she gains fear way too quickly I get it if it's to counter her max stealth but jason can see her when he hits  rage 

Thanks for the patch notes and the patch date. I appreciate that there is still effort coming from the Dev team to try and make this game enjoyable.

I do think that you guys should look at Rage atleast one last time. Keep it as it is, but I think Firecrackers and / or Flare Guns should still work on Jason post-rage. To compensate, make these stuns last a bit shorter than they usually do. The meta is what it is, and I think many people have adapted, but I still think that low-stamina Counselors are at a big disadvantage after Jason hits rage and a buff like this would help them out a lot.

I like the mask buff, many times I have entered the match and saw Jason maskless after a few minutes into the match. @mattshotcha

@mattshotcha Btw, I forgot %). Is there any chance that your team will fix `STALK` ability deactivation when Jason enters the Battle Stance (Combat Stance)? I used to be able to play very stealthily for Jason, but after a patch that came out about a year ago this mechanic was broken and still hasn't been fixed.

• Like 1

@mattshotcha so is this a decrease in weapon damage across the board, or does it only involve pointy weapons? Or is this just a perk nerf for one hit builds?

13 minutes ago, Starfire6789 said:

Good now I can get better at driving also AJ mason has a issue with her composure it's a 7 but it feels like a 1 or a 0 she gains fear way too quickly I get it if it's to counter her max stealth but jason can see her when he hits  rage 

I will bring this up to the team. Nothing has been tuned for her character that would affect the composure stat though.

3 minutes ago, WhateverIGuess said:

Thanks for the patch notes and the patch date. I appreciate that there is still effort coming from the Dev team to try and make this game enjoyable.

I do think that you guys should look at Rage atleast one last time. Keep it as it is, but I think Firecrackers and / or Flare Guns should still work on Jason post-rage. To compensate, make these stuns last a bit shorter than they usually do. The meta is what it is, and I think many people have adapted, but I still think that low-stamina Counselors are at a big disadvantage after Jason hits rage and a buff like this would help them out a lot.

I like the mask buff, many times I have entered the match and saw Jason maskless after a few minutes into the match. @mattshotcha

Again, I'm not sure that I would recommend expecting to see any further Rage changes. But I will note the feedback.

3 minutes ago, Psychophonic said:

@mattshotcha Btw, I forgot %). Is there any chance that your team will fix `STALK` ability deactivation when Jason enters the Battle Stance (Combat Stance)? I used to be able to play very stealthily for Jason, but after a patch that came out about a year ago this mechanic was broken and still hasn't been fixed.

I'll raise this with the team.

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

@mattshotcha so is this a decrease in weapon damage across the board, or does it only involve pointy weapons? Or is this just a perk nerf for one hit builds?

It's none of the above. We slid the entire scale back so those parameters still have variety, and can still affect the mask coming off. But the mask will not come so quickly. But it's handled on the Jason side, so the different weapons, perks, and counselor combos retain variety. The Jason characters also retain variety, as some are easier to take the mask off than others.

Some would say it's Mask HP, but it's not so simply stated, as there's some chance applied to the mask coming off as well. 

• Like 1

Holy shit! They're updating F13! Guess things are slowing down over there in Predatorland, or they FINALLY got the OK from the horrible lawsuit that always stops them in thier tracks when it gets too complicated to deal with the fans complaining about updates and quality of life adjustments. Yes, I'm still sore about that bullshit and The Predator exclusively being on Playstation...🤣✌️

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@mattshotcha

Something I believe is long overdue,
Some kind of indicator to which players are 
in a party together when playing in "Quick Play".
Maybe colored names, numbers or icons.
Way too many cheaters using Private Party Chat,
ruining especially the stealth aspect of the game
by telling Jason where counselors are hiding or exact location
when they're getting chased.

(A hard to catch counselor? 
Use "Sense" or ask friend to find out which cabin,
break all doors, "Morph" close by, Use "Stalk", 
ask your friend in Private Party Chat 
"where exactly the counselor is standing inside the cabin",
"Shift" in and grab them.) LAME!
Even worst are the cheaters that use Party Chat to give 
step-by-step commentary of where the counselor is or doing.
Just eliminate your friend, and have that person use Spectator mode to guide Jason.
BOOOO!

Maybe even take it to the point where if you come to "Quick Play"
with a Party of people, NONE of y'all could be Jason.

Get rid of all that " save my friend to kill last" stuff.

Another thing that should be implemented is 
a rule sheet of bannable offenses
that shows at the title screen or tutorial.

1 minute ago, Beelzebub said:

Holy shit! They're updating F13! Guess things are slowing down over there in Predatorland, or they FINALLY got the OK from the horrible lawsuit that always stops them in thier tracks when it gets too complicated to deal with the fans complaining about updates and quality of life adjustments. Yes, I'm still sore about that bullshit and The Predator exclusively being on Playstation...🤣✌️

None of this post makes any sense at all.

The team working on Predator is not the same team currently working on F13. Gun has nothing to do with Predator. And IllFonic is no longer working on F13.

The lawsuit only stops us from adding new content, not bug fixes and balancing, which this patch is. Also, this patch is not the first patch since the lawsuit issues.

And finally, we definitely had absolutely nothing to do with where Predator is available to you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

None of this post makes any sense at all.

The team working on Predator is not the same team currently working on F13. Gun has nothing to do with Predator. And IllFonic is no longer working on F13.

The lawsuit only stops us from adding new content, not bug fixes and balancing, which this patch is. Also, this patch is not the first patch since the lawsuit issues.

And finally, we definitely had absolutely nothing to do with where Predator is available to you.

Then I apologize. I thought Gunmedia AND Illfonic was the ones responsible for getting this game built. So basically what were they for then? It just seemed when they announced that Predator was being released, it has become months in between updates and fixes. Thought it was the reason this whole time. So, what takes updates and quality of life adjustments so long to happen then?