2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I see the villagers are already grabbing their pitchforks...

@mattshotcha as promised, here is my initial overview:

I spent most of the night testing mask damage, picking @Tommy86s brain for ideas, and just trying to wrap my head around the new mechanics.

It is definitely harder to get the mask based solely on the new 4 hit minimum requirement and strength nerf. Although we were able to get the demask in 3 hits, once out of 4 tries, with damage build Buggzy. I'm not sure if that was some strange anomoly, or if we just hit the exact right conditions based on our experience level and overall knowledge of game mechanics.

From what I can tell, 1 heavy machete hit from 10 strength with no perks deals around 45 damage post update. Light attack seems to be roughly half that. We did not test lower strength counselors much, but mathematically speaking it should take more than 5 heavy hits with a machete to demask a base defense Jason with any counselor 5 strength or under. Considering how easy it is to dodge or block a heavy attack, that honestly doesn't seem bad. The biggest problem I've seen is that weapon stuns do the same damage as non stuns. You used to trade standing in stun for up to 10 seconds for the comfort in knowing that the hit did little damage and basically wasted weapon durability. Since this is no longer the case that will undoubtedly be the biggest adjustment. And most likely the greatest complaint from Jason players. Although I completely understand the concept in why they did that. This way extra rage damage due to the fact that no hit stuns is taken completely out of the equation, and now we're left exclusively to balance tweaks.

Base defense Jason's still have 100 hit points, -defense/-hit points Jason's still have 85 hit points, as tested by trap damage. Traps still consistently demask on the 9th/10th trap respectively, so must be immune to any mask RNG or "chance" to demask. Block damage seems to have an interesting damage multiplier, or reducer rather, that I don't quite understand yet. Although that feature will likely go unnoticed in quick play lobbies as block is nearly useless there due to input delay.

Overall I'd say the update didn't hurt anything, but I'm not sure if balance is correct or not. Is it the end all be all answer to unskilled/low level Jason deaths? Probably not. But you can't really balance to someone that doesn't know how to play. We'll need to play some matches both in quick play and in private against average/above average skilled Jason's before we know for sure if the balance is in a good place.

Also noteworthy for anyone interested, the car can in fact no longer be put through the map with throwing knives and those certain out of map spots are no longer a thing.

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

Same experience I had with damage build Buggzy.

Admittedly I wasn't doing straight testing like you and Tommy but had a random match where Jason got to me at the beginning and 2 axe shots + one machete took off the mask.  Which is one hit more than what would have taken it off yesterday at this time.  This was the only match I had with Buggzy where I know for certain that no one else touched Jason before me. 

Problem is Tommy was still in ridiculously early and it was still a 4 and a half minute kill. 

At this point, I think the best deterrent to killing Jason is gonna have to be putting the game to a certain time before Tommy can spawn in.  Be it 10 minutes or 15 minutes. 

@mattshotcha to answer your earlier post, I was the only one to damage Jason as I spawned in the cabin next to the phone house and he morphed there right away.  As you can see Somethin Cool verifies 3 hits can be done. 

Ok, not doubting you guys at all. Trying to track down what we're missing here. 

We jumped back in with some perks that should be solid for this, and cannot get the mask off in less than 4. Can you guys either PM or reply here with perk combos that you used to accomplish this?

I don't know how you guys have fun when you play Jason as of today. 
Half of the game is just easy mode. No challenge, no fun, no satisfaction when you kill. 

I would at least delay the invulnerability for the last 5 minutes.

Agree with the mask change tho, that is a buff that Jason really needed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

She can repair but not fast every1 can repair ,but considering how long it takes, a good jason isnt gonna let that happen. I think a lobby full of ajs is worse than a lobby full of vanessas

A curious finding upon some testing with my friend in a private session.

Here's the setup - we wanted to test a -HP Jason and a regular HP Jason with Buggzy using a machete in both combat stance and regular stance (no perks equipped to increase damage dealt out). Our Jasons were part 4 and part 6.

Hits to remove the mask on part 4:

- Combat stance: 4

- Regular stance: 5 (stunned once)

Hits to remove the mask on part 6:

- Combat stance: 4 (both with stuns and without stuns)

- Regular stance: 6 (stunned twice) // 4 (no stuns)

My question is this - are we sure that a stunning hit consistently does the same amount of damage as a non stunning hit? Or perhaps these rules/changes don't carry over into private matches?

14 minutes ago, gmintz09 said:

A curious finding upon some testing with my friend in a private session.

Here's the setup - we wanted to test a -HP Jason and a regular HP Jason with Buggzy using a machete in both combat stance and regular stance (no perks equipped to increase damage dealt out). Our Jasons were part 4 and part 6.

Hits to remove the mask on part 4:

- Regular stance: 5 (stunned once)

Hits to remove the mask on part 6:

- Regular stance: 6 (stunned twice) // 4 (no stuns)

My question is this - are we sure that a stunning hit does the same amount of damage as a non stunning hit? Or perhaps these rules/changes don't carry over into private matches?

The mask is still not going to pop off on an exact amount of hits every time. I think what you're seeing is coincidental rather than concerning. The only instance where it would be a static number would be for counselors who deal well over the required damage, and the fail safe is at play. 

That said, I'll keep an eye out for more reports and we'll evaluate if we start to see a pattern.

Mehh Jason is still a WUSS and easily bullied because of the 90 year old slow  woman lunge. .  Is THAT difficult to bring his old 2017 counselor grab back to where he will regain some of his deadliess?    You never would have needed rage to begin with if you kept the grab how it was 2-3 years ago 

9 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

The mask is still not going to pop off on an exact amount of hits every time. I think what you're seeing is coincidental rather than concerning. The only instance where it would be a static number would be for counselors who deal well over the required damage, and the fail safe is at play. 

That said, I'll keep an eye out for more reports and we'll evaluate if we start to see a pattern.

Thanks for your quick response @mattshotcha! So going back and reading some of the other posts, my understanding is that once the damage threshold is reached for the mask to come off, then it's basically a roll of the dice whether the mask comes off with each subsequent hit. Is that correct?

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

We jumped back in with some perks that should be solid for this, and cannot get the mask off in less than 4. Can you guys either PM or reply here with perk combos that you used to accomplish this?

Running Buggzy with Legendary Medic, Legendary Slugger and Legendary Thrasher. 

If you need exact percentages on the slugger and thrasher, I can get them for you. 

2 axe hits 1 of which was a stun.  1 machete hit no stun.  If that helps/matters.

After playing the last month or so, I feel like Vanessa needs to be nerfed. Its impossible to catch 5 of them if you wanna use a Jason that "cant run" which should be removed from the game as well. Just give him a walking speed thats similar to his slow jog for all of them.

• Like 2

Did more pocket knives get added to each map with this update? My friend just had a round where they got stabbed with 4 knives and Tommy wasn't called/in the game.  I had thought previously there were only 3 knives, then 4 with Tommy's.  Anyone else experience this?

Hi,

Big Fan of the game. I've read through a majority of the thread and, sorry if I missed it, but there's a HUGE glitch with calling the cops. I have the legendary "my dad's a cop" perk and while I'm calling the cops, if I hit any button AT ALL (direction, another button, etc), I completely glitch out. I mean, I can move, but the camera angle stays on the phone so I can't see myself anymore. No matter what I do, the camera is stuck there. Idk if this has been addressed, but it def needs to be fixed!

(sorry if I spammed, I'm not see ing my post on the site)

- BCizzle86

1 hour ago, tBeNz said:

After playing the last month or so, I feel like Vanessa needs to be nerfed. Its impossible to catch 5 of them if you wanna use a Jason that "cant run" which should be removed from the game as well. Just give him a walking speed thats similar to his slow jog for all of them.

Agree on that, make her speed like 8, Tommy should be the only one that has 10 speed imo. Also doing this will make not everyone just choose Vanessa all the time. Her offline bot sure can use a nerf on speed also

There is this really annoying glitch that hasn’t been patched yet that happens when you have your counselor on random. It’s happened to me on Xbox, and now it’s happening again on Switch. I have nerves of steel on most of my counselors and I like putting my counselors on random so I can adapt how I play each game. It also freshens things up. Every time the counselors are on random, the nerves of steel perk straight up doesnt work. Mini map disappears and everything, every time. I know there are glitches that take higher priority in terms of next patch, but this glitch is very annoying. 

game chat issues should definitely be looked at I know multiple people that sometimes in game chat just doesn't work for them, closing the game doesn't work, playing with the mic doesn't work, sometimes resetting your xbox works but not always so I think that should be addressed as well as game chat is a fun part of the game and it's lame when it can't be used 

• Like 1

The only thing they really need to nerf is her luck, so she cant fight jason very well,that would help but i feel her speed should stay where its at.Also a lobby full of AJS is worse than a lobby full of vanessas,cause with AJ alot of ppl will escape, with vanessa it might take a while but youll eventually kill them all.

7 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Battle build Buggzy

Max thrasher max slugger with max value -stun chance. What we did was 1 flare gun head shot to the mask (close range) followed by two non stunning heavy axes.  All testing was done on Barney skin part 3 Jason. I'm sure that part doesn't matter. Anyway, the third hit demasked once out of 4 tries. One thing I noticed was that one of the heavy swings stunned the other 3 times we tried it. I don't know if that was the difference or not.

Played the new patch for 2 games, encountered 2 bugs.

My character "stumbled"  as I tried opening a door and got camera locked.

Couldn't move the camera or interact with windows, doors, or items.

Could only swing weapon and drop stuff.

2nd bug. Somehow players exited the car both on the drivers side

and got stuck together in an invisible barrier

couldn't move or get back inside car until someone else moved the car.

We also need a report button for teamers and hackers and glitches you know for uploading video clips straight to y'all so u can fix it or get rid of teamers

Had a Vanessa go for the shack early tonight. Was right after a morph so I had no chance to catch up to them. She and Tommy ended up being the last two alive and both had mics & the weapons for a kill. Before this patch I probably would have died. But tonight I was able to waste Tommy's PK and then slash him to death right before my mask came off. A relatively full health Jason should never feel more pressure than just two counselors working together but that's often how end games played out before the patch.

The patch isn't perfect but it does at least allow Jason some margin of error when going up against organized opponents and that is a very welcome change.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fridayiminlove said:

i agree! not being able to replace a trap in the same spot is ridiculous!

It is realistic as it is right now. 

22 hours ago, Cristiano said:

I am very disappointed  the random counselor glitch still continues after the new patch. 😑

Maybe it'll get fixed for good in the next patch.

21 hours ago, SirMang said:

at this rate, my only suggestion is to delay Tommy from coming back til at least halfway through the match, if not longer, as whatever tuning is done to Jason's mask hp or weapon damage isn't going to change anything. 

Delaying Tommy will likely lengthen a match, rather than making Jason harder to kill.

20 hours ago, YerBoyDrew said:

I haven’t played this ina while due to Jason being unable to fight multiple counselors. But is the game still broken when all you have to do is have every counselor grab a weapon and one after another stun Jason till the match is over?

Some things have changed since you last played.

18 hours ago, Prophetic diabetic said:

Vanessas is really good but not op,she cant repair so u will eventually catch her. I prefer chad or aj.

In the right hands, Vanessa (or any counselor) can repair, though it's not always the wisest of easiest feat to pull off.

18 hours ago, wasabi said:

i mean can the counselors get a little love can we do something about jasons that just slash the entire game to avoid taking damage can we also get more weapons and better hiding spots with new perks and more stuff to benefit players that lke jason i dont personally think jason is too overpowering but it feels like its just leaning more towards him now with the recent updates

Given the lawsuit, New content is not happening. If a Jason is only slashing, you change tactics.

A Jason that suspects you have a knife might go with the safer option of slashing.

15 hours ago, Joed740 said:

Can they give a delay on being able to grab after shifting already? Ridiculously unfair in casual matches. Idc if its needed in competitive this is primairly a casual game.

Many "casual" players know how to avoid a shift grab. Do a bit of research, and you'll find it's easier than you might think.

14 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

The community would never accept it now, but hindsight being what it is. Allowing counselor clones was absolutely the wrong call and it should've been forced from the start to have singular lobbies.

Single instances of each counselor from day one would have made this a totally different experience.

Thankfully, there are groups of people who play lobbies with only singular occurrences of counselors.

12 hours ago, guitar.zombie said:

TBH I would want Jason to be even stronger.  The game was based on communication but now can easily be played without it.  I dont like that I can play without a mic and win/kill jason/escape relatively easily, personally.  Escaping Jason should be tough, exhilarating and rewarding with good teamwork.  I dont use a mic because at this point I dont need to. 

Jason will be stronger one day, hopefully. How strong that is remains to be seen.

It's been a rocky road, but it's not quite over yet.

9 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Wouldn't my suggestion accomplish this to a certain extent? I mean if Jason can get to the tower power on first morph and traps  he could delay Tommy or even prevent Tommy if he "camps" it which is not a wise idea. He only has X amount of traps to put on it. It's not like they couldn't call Tommy at all unless like I say he camps it. But then other objectives are going to get done. Over all I've read so far this mask buff is laughable, it's still going to be way too easy to kill Jason.

All of the other objectives could be done.

If a determined Jason hunting party wants the kill, they may fight it out with a camping Jason and still get Tommy called.

5 hours ago, tBeNz said:

Catching multiple Vanessas is not impossible, though you may want to pull your hair out in the process at times.

30 minutes ago, hellhound_692013 said:

We also need a report button for teamers and hackers and glitches you know for uploading video clips straight to y'all so u can fix it or get rid of teamers

Teaming is not something they ban for. It sucks, but you can find players who play the right way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Played a few games last night and had a couple of issues. 

While pulling driver out of car the camera locked inside the car.

Had Jason freeze a couple of times. Kinda like playing with a really high ping. 

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

If a determined Jason hunting party wants the kill, they may fight it out with a camping Jason and still get Tommy called.

I understand that objectives are in danger by a camping Jason as I mentioned that but to your point of a determined kill squad at least you have the opportunity to fight it out over the box as most kill squads for the most part have no plan B. At least my way you can probably thin the heard.I have battled over the phone box many times and kept them from calling the cops. I'd at least want to have the opportunity to try and If I fail it's on me where as you have only a percentage of chance of getting the Tommy box first morph right now.

Came here to laugh at all the cry babies comments crying about the Jason buff. 

I’m happy to see the broken one hit de mask is gone 

• Like 1

@mattshotcha Congratulations!! Did you say you fixed pinehurst stairs glitch, congratulations know WHY? BECAUSE the glitch is still here with the new patch ... You could have been sincere in the patch! It looks like you haven't even tested this patch.