14 minutes ago, BoiBoi said:

Do this please, like this we can clean your perks/CP again :P

By the way, we cleary saw @mattshotcha and Black Tower do a full incompetence job since January, they said "CP/Perks are fixed" LOL.
It tooks us 30 seconds to make them works again. Nice try guys.

Also what is really fixed in this update ? Packanack Roof is still possible, all cheats works, cleaning reporters profile works, ruin matches of reporters works.

5 months for that job, LOL Gun Media please dismiss @mattshotcha and Black Tower they do a so useless job so far xD.
They took the money and spent all days looking the sky ? lol
Because we already dumped everything and few lines of codes were changed. Gun Media are aware Black Tower kidding when they say job is done ?

They're working someone else's code with a tiny team.  Give 'em a little slack, dude.

Also, calling for Matt's job is TOTALLY uncalled for.  He's been polite and helpful throughout his tenure here.

• Thanks 2

The community would never accept it now, but hindsight being what it is. Allowing counselor clones was absolutely the wrong call and it should've been forced from the start to have singular lobbies.

Sure, people might say well get rid of the clones and you're guaranteed to see this in lobby.

1. Nessa

2. Tiff

3. Bugs

4. Chad

The four fastest counselors will be in each and every lobby.

5. Fox - Her value as a demasker and sweater probably puts her in a top spot, plus her versatility elsewhere

6. Adam - See Fox, only without the sweater bonus

7. Its a pickem for whatever counselor you prefer based on cosmetics I guess. Some might say a No Fear Jenny is likely, but eh...people care more about speed and stamina and she has neither even with that build. So its a really a pick em based on what you like based on I guess cosmetics, because when you can viably repair with every counselor due to wheel cancels, you basically devalue good repair as a valuable stat, so the only stats that matter are speed, stamina and luck. Simply removing wheel cancel would fix that stat worth, but that's not happening either.

Hindsight being what it is, the stats needed more fine tuning and actual sizeable changes in value and what they do, but the game is 3 years old and such an overhaul is unlikely.

1 hour ago, Joed740 said:

Can they give a delay on being able to grab after shifting already? Ridiculously unfair in casual matches. Idc if its needed in competitive this is primairly a casual game.

Umm, no? If you are paying attention, it is very easy to avoid being grabbed after the shift. All you have to do is juke to either side when Jason is about to come out of shift. Another technique that will avoid the shift grab is, when you know he shifted, stop moving for a sec, then right before he's on you sprint. He will come out of shift expecting an easy grab and you will be several steps out ahead of him.

• Like 1

I don't know that much about what goes into making or patching a game but im always baffled how something that worked fine can eventually be a bug.  I leveled out on my Xbox and haven't played in a while.  I ended up getting a switch and playing it there.  I noticed that the door wouldn't always barricade.  The button would work and fill, but the animation wouldn't barricade the door.  When you let go of the button it would just open the door.  I thought it was only for the switch.  So I kept getting the random counselor glitch on the switch even after the patch but never happened to me on Xbox.  So I figured why not try it on xbox, and I still can't barricade every door?  Id say like 1 out of every 15 wont barricade unless I walk away and try again.

EDIT: Nope got a random counselor on Xbox lol.  Gotta have to put this game off for a bit again and hope in a few months things are fixed up better.

On 6/14/2020 at 12:46 PM, MartianManhunter said:

Really? Then you must not be in touch with the counselor players only community. It's bad enough we got to deal with Jason helpers every round. Jason being invincible needs to go! This game has no balance.

Did I say anything about the mask? Look, I been playing this game since it first came out, and yes, it's been mostly Jason only players that cry bout everything. Which is why Jason is invincible after 10 minutes, and why counselor bugs never actually get fixed, etc. But, according to you, Jason only players are not crying, even though most changes are in fact, Jason buffs. Maybe you should have your eyes checked? Also, did I say anything about making the mask harder to remove? No...It's just yet another Jason buff because Jason only players always get what they want when they throw a temper tantrum...

Sweet lord.   This reply burned my eyes.

Jason only players?   How do you only play as Jason?  I myself have my preference set as Jason and only get to be Jason about 20% of the time I play.  There's really only counselors ONLY players.

Then the whole Jason only players cry about everything comment..  Which is complete BS.  Because anyone that's been around these forums since the start knows full well its counselor only players that cry about everything ALL THE TIME.  Its the reason why Jason was constantly nerfed and counselors constantly buffed.   You can literally search this forum and see that for yourself.  The massive amount of counselor only mains that cry about everything all the time, as if they are to special to die.

And its because of how the game was constantly changed to help counselors that led to Jason getting to rage invincibility.

I spend most of my time playing as Counselors (which is not my choice because you can't play as Jason everytime)  And I prefer Jason to be supremely over powered because I like shitting my pants and trying to survive.   I don't want it to be easy for me when playing as Counselors, because that would make the game boring and comical.

This game is not supposed to be balanced.   This isn't a 1 vs 1 fighting game.  

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 10:50 AM, Sanitago5 said:

Thanks a lot, but you guys still can't find the perfect balance for Jason. It is too powerful and the survivors are increasingly harmed.

Should make a new kiddie mode for people where Jason has no weapons and can't grab.   And the counselors have no weapons either.

Everyone wins all the time....   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Should make a new kiddie mode for people where Jason has no weapons and can't grab.   And the counselors have no weapons either.

Everyone wins all the time....   

TBH I would want Jason to be even stronger.  The game was based on communication but now can easily be played without it.  I dont like that I can play without a mic and win/kill jason/escape relatively easily, personally.  Escaping Jason should be tough, exhilarating and rewarding with good teamwork.  I dont use a mic because at this point I dont need to. 

• Like 1

I see the villagers are already grabbing their pitchforks...

@mattshotcha as promised, here is my initial overview:

I spent most of the night testing mask damage, picking @Tommy86s brain for ideas, and just trying to wrap my head around the new mechanics.

It is definitely harder to get the mask based solely on the new 4 hit minimum requirement and strength nerf. Although we were able to get the demask in 3 hits, once out of 4 tries, with damage build Buggzy. I'm not sure if that was some strange anomoly, or if we just hit the exact right conditions based on our experience level and overall knowledge of game mechanics.

From what I can tell, 1 heavy machete hit from 10 strength with no perks deals around 45 damage post update. Light attack seems to be roughly half that. We did not test lower strength counselors much, but mathematically speaking it should take more than 5 heavy hits with a machete to demask a base defense Jason with any counselor 5 strength or under. Considering how easy it is to dodge or block a heavy attack, that honestly doesn't seem bad. The biggest problem I've seen is that weapon stuns do the same damage as non stuns. You used to trade standing in stun for up to 10 seconds for the comfort in knowing that the hit did little damage and basically wasted weapon durability. Since this is no longer the case that will undoubtedly be the biggest adjustment. And most likely the greatest complaint from Jason players. Although I completely understand the concept in why they did that. This way extra rage damage due to the fact that no hit stuns is taken completely out of the equation, and now we're left exclusively to balance tweaks.

Base defense Jason's still have 100 hit points, -defense/-hit points Jason's still have 85 hit points, as tested by trap damage. Traps still consistently demask on the 9th/10th trap respectively, so must be immune to any mask RNG or "chance" to demask. Block damage seems to have an interesting damage multiplier, or reducer rather, that I don't quite understand yet. Although that feature will likely go unnoticed in quick play lobbies as block is nearly useless there due to input delay.

Overall I'd say the update didn't hurt anything, but I'm not sure if balance is correct or not. Is it the end all be all answer to unskilled/low level Jason deaths? Probably not. But you can't really balance to someone that doesn't know how to play. We'll need to play some matches both in quick play and in private against average/above average skilled Jason's before we know for sure if the balance is in a good place.

Also noteworthy for anyone interested, the car can in fact no longer be put through the map with throwing knives and those certain out of map spots are no longer a thing.

• Like 1

Jason has trouble smashing windows (both open and closed) in combat stance and sometimes throwing knives do not break windows on crystal lake small.

I dont want say this but for take the mask off is still easy and this patch did not fixed anything... 

Ya I still spawned in as a different counselor than what I picked

Do three shotguns still do massive damage to a -defense mask? Before the patch a -defense Jason had 85hp and three shotguns did 81 damage combined, is it still the case you can be demasked with the shotgun? Is the damage of the shotgun nerfed (pre-patch 27)? Because before 3 shotguns and 1 or 2 blocked hits from a machete or axe could still demask you if you used a -defense Jason.

7 minutes ago, MoMootje023 said:

Do three shotguns still do massive damage to a -defense mask? Before the patch a -defense Jason had 85hp and three shotguns did 81 damage combined, is it still the case you can be demasked with the shotgun? Is the damage of the shotgun nerfed (pre-patch 27)? Because before 3 shotguns and 1 or 2 blocked hits from a machete or axe could still demask you if you used a -defense Jason.

Shotgun and post rage flare damage has been reduced. 30 damage from a post rage flare. Shotgun is roughly 15 damage.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Although we were able to get the demask in 3 hits, once out of 4 tries, with damage build Buggzy.

Same experience I had with damage build Buggzy.

Admittedly I wasn't doing straight testing like you and Tommy but had a random match where Jason got to me at the beginning and 2 axe shots + one machete took off the mask.  Which is one hit more than what would have taken it off yesterday at this time.  This was the only match I had with Buggzy where I know for certain that no one else touched Jason before me. 

Problem is Tommy was still in ridiculously early and it was still a 4 and a half minute kill. 

At this point, I think the best deterrent to killing Jason is gonna have to be putting the game to a certain time before Tommy can spawn in.  Be it 10 minutes or 15 minutes. 

@mattshotcha to answer your earlier post, I was the only one to damage Jason as I spawned in the cabin next to the phone house and he morphed there right away.  As you can see Somethin Cool verifies 3 hits can be done. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Same experience I had with damage build Buggzy.

Admittedly I wasn't doing straight testing like you and Tommy but had a random match where Jason got to me at the beginning and 2 axe shots + one machete took off the mask.  Which is one hit more than what would have taken it off yesterday at this time.  This was the only match I had with Buggzy where I know for certain that no one else touched Jason before me. 

Problem is Tommy was still in ridiculously early and it was still a 4 and a half minute kill. 

At this point, I think the best deterrent to killing Jason is gonna have to be putting the game to a certain time before Tommy can spawn in.  Be it 10 minutes or 15 minutes. 

@mattshotcha to answer your earlier post, I was the only one to damage Jason as I spawned in the cabin next to the phone house and he morphed there right away.  As you can see Somethin Cool verifies 3 hits can be done. 

Was that a -defense/-hp Jason?

All of my testing was done against part 3 Jason. So full 100 hit points.

Edited by Somethin Cool

4 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Was that a -defense/-hp Jason?

No.  Part VI. 

Which Jason was it in your testing?

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

No.  Part VI. 

Which Jason was it in your testing?

Part 6 Is -defense

Only 85 hit points

My testing was done on part 3

4 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

PLEASE tell the team to put back in the ability to dance out the exits from a police escape.

i miss the victory dance too.. BUT you can enter combat mode in the cop exit & boogie out that way 👍

give it a whirl.

• Thanks 1

Jason takes more punishment missing than the counselors ever have or will. Especially if more than one counselor is around him.

Long as that happens, you could make it so he takes 10 + hits to demask, people who want the mask will just surround him and hit without real consequence.

Game still remains a game it was never intended to be.

Street Fighter: Crystal Lake Edition

5 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Part 6 Is -defense

Only 85 hit points

My testing was done on part 3

Woops, didn't read that right, just read the -hp part for some reason.

My bad.

Posted (edited)

Hi, just thought I'd add a random report of how demasking Jason went.

He came after me first, as a buggzy. 3 bat stuns followed by 3 machete hits plus a final hit to get his mask off. Not 100% how my perks are stacked but I did design him for axe and probably general weapon damage. This seemed like a reasonable amount of damage/time to get his mask off. 

Edited by TitanRespawned
Riddled with errors

3 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Jason takes more punishment missing than the counselors ever have or will. Especially if more than one counselor is around him.

Long as that happens, you could make it so he takes 10 + hits to demask, people who want the mask will just surround him and hit without real consequence.

Game still remains a game it was never intended to be.

Street Fighter: Crystal Lake Edition

Block if they're gangbanging. Don't grab in groups. Slash>block still works in quick play, especially if you're already in combat stance.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I think the best deterrent to killing Jason is gonna have to be putting the game to a certain time before Tommy can spawn in.

Wouldn't my suggestion accomplish this to a certain extent? I mean if Jason can get to the tower power on first morph and traps  he could delay Tommy or even prevent Tommy if he "camps" it which is not a wise idea. He only has X amount of traps to put on it. It's not like they couldn't call Tommy at all unless like I say he camps it. But then other objectives are going to get done. Over all I've read so far this mask buff is laughable, it's still going to be way too easy to kill Jason.

playing on xbox

random character spawn remains for both jason & counselors.

have yet to see a car get knifed/morphed into space. we tried a few times & the car is soild as a rock.. thats the more important fix to me & it seems to be going smooth.

i didnt really battle it out with jason too much last night because i was trying to get shelly the hell outta there before he made me die laughing with his on point script reading. so i'll try whoopin jasons ass tonight as the mighty fox.

interaction lock seems to have been fixed too.

tiffanys path.. i have no idea. i just dropped into that challenge & killed everybody in a sloppy mess & forgot why i was even playing.