EDIT: Patch is rolling out on all platforms now. Please be sure to download the patch and fully restart the game before matchmaking.

On Tuesday, the 16th of June, we'll be rolling out a patch for all platforms simultaneously.

This patch will be deployed in the evening in the US, 10PM Eastern US Time.

As with every patch day, as servers repopulate with players on the latest version, some matchmaking delays can occur. Make sure you have updated to the latest version once the patch is live, and completely restart the game. Support and Community teams will be standing by to monitor any potential issues.

**Patch 1.37 (PC, Xbox, PS4) Patch 1.04 (Switch) - 6.16.2020 - 10PM Eastern US Time**

• Overall Car Improvements
    • Jason or Counselors Attempting to Interact with the vehicle (Interaction Lock).
    • Counselors entering and exiting the vehicle (Interaction Lock).
    • Jason throwing knives at cars no longer causes catastrophic rocket cars.
    • Jason morphing to the car no longer causes catastrophic rocket cars.
    • Catastrophic Rocket Cars are non-canonical and should be regarded as such.
  • Random Counselor
    • Players Should No Longer Spawn as Random Counselor (Unless Selected)
    • Players Should No Longer Spawn as Random Jason (Unless Selected)
    • Residual Issue: Some icons may not appear correctly in limited circumstances. This is a UI bug only, and does not affect the selection. Team is investigating.
  • Various 'Stuck Spots' and Hidden Spots Fixed
    • This includes but is not limited to Pinehurst Stairs.
  • Offline Challenge - Snuggle By the Fire
    • Tiffany Pathing Issues Resolved
  • Various Interaction Locks Fixed
    • Includes, but is not limited to:
    • Use of firecrackers
    • Entering/Exiting vehicle
    • Shooting Flare Gun
    • Multiple presses while using windows/doors
  • Various Exploits Fixed
    • This includes but is not limited to a recent vulnerability causing perk/CP resets.
  • Damage, Mask, and Balance
    • The team has monitored feedback present in the community regarding the mask removal as part of the kill process.
    • We wanted to adjust this in a way that would eliminate one or two hits being capable of removing the mask, while still preserving the effectiveness of perks and builds that took players significant time to develop.
    • We’ve shifted the damage values needed to remove the mask to make this process a bit more difficult, even for counselors with high stats and perks, but kept it in a range that will not alienate newer players. 
    • Removing the mask will still vary depending on counselor, perks, weapon used, and attack type.

The team also would like to provide some insight into what the team is currently investigating. While the following items are under investigation, our next patch is not limited to only these items. These are high profile, community requested items, and the team is already in the investigation stage of identifying the cause and potential correction.

**Under Investigation for Next Patch Cycle**

• Combat Stance - Various uses that manipulate stamina, "sliding" etc.
  • Health Spray Break Free Issue
  • Ability Unlock/Recharge Rate Toggle in Private Match
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 15
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Wow, yet another Jason buff, of course, because he wasn't strong enough already. To be honest this update was the change needed for Jason, not the rage change that was just ridiculous.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Lots of good stuff.

Car-knifing fix, random counselor/Jason glitch fix and an attempt at re-balancing the Jason kill all in the same patch?! That's much more than I was expecting in a single shot, excellent job guys!

• Like 8

Thanks a lot, but you guys still can't find the perfect balance for Jason. It is too powerful and the survivors are increasingly harmed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, psx_mad147 said:

Wow, yet another Jason buff, of course, because he wasn't strong enough already. To be honest this update was the change needed for Jason, not the rage change that was just ridiculous.

The game is about Jason. If you can't handle that, I hear Fornite will take you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

there's a bug that happened to me yesterday and it was quite funny. i selected jason part 9, but my jason was with the abilities of jason part 8, and he's skin was a mix between jason part 8 and part 9. my weapon was also changed from spear to part 8's axe. it was kind of cool seeing a new jasson but i think it's important to say so you guys can imporve the game.

Poggers, can you guys add a feature in a private match that disables perks? So you can say have a match where Jason is overall weaker but no perks are in play? Without everyone having to change their settings that is. I don't think there is anything that disrupts gameplay now by the sound of it. I think I can remember every patch, Jason used to be slower, grab was reworked alot, cars used to be able to go up hills or be kicked around by Jason, phonefuse used to spawn in phonehouses, there used to be teleporting/rubberbanding, getting on top of roofs, getting killed while escaping, Rage was upgraded, grab kills were fixed. And that's excluding new content that was added and all the perks reworked. What I'm saying is that I appreciate it all! For sticking with the players for so long.

20 minutes ago, psx_mad147 said:

jason is weak. very weak. i play counselor and jason, you should play more with jason.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, makred78 said:

Car-knifing fix, random counselor/Jason glitch fix and an attempt at re-balancing the Jason kill all in the same patch?! That's much more than I was expecting in a single shot, excellent job guys!

Thanks @makred78!

1 minute ago, Sanitago5 said:

Thanks a lot, but you guys still can't find the perfect balance for Jason. It is too powerful and the survivors are increasingly harmed.

We feel the new change to Jason is a solid in between for all parties in our community. It is more difficult, but not so much more difficult that it will feel like we've made a dramatic buff to Jason. Rage, on the other hand, is staying as it is. Players have already illustrated that they can adapt to the new Rage standard, and that means that while there may be a new learning curve to game play, it's working.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Jason getting permanent invulnerability with rage is still something that should be revised or reverted. It is a horrible mechanic. Either give Jason temporary rage/invulnerability(with decay) or buff him in some other way. Removing player's ability to fight or contest objectives past a certain point in the game, or punishing the entire survivor team for every individual hit players get on Jason, are not healthy mechanics for the game. There should be a sense of reward when a player gets a swing on Jason, not a sense that they are getting screwed out of a late-game because they successfully defended themselves. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sanitago5 said:

balance for Jason. It is too powerful and the survivors are increasingly harmed.

bruh use windows, it's not hard to juke jason. jason actually needs to be buffed. combat stance and combat in general need to be buffed. when jason face 7 skillful survivors on a call there's little he can do.

• Like 1

Still a shitty perk system.🤦‍♂️ Make legendary perks actually legendary! 18,-10,1 is a shit perk! Increase XP to at least 4X's if the perk system will remain trash! 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, psx_mad147 said:

Waa waa waa....cry me a river. The rage change makes since. Before all the rage did was allow you to bust through doors. That was weak as hell. I escape Jason at times even with rage. Most of the time I escape before he hits rage. Get over it. It won't be going away.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Yay! They completely screwed the counselors. As if giving Jason Rage Mode wasn't bad enough, now it's harder to take the mask off? That was the only saving grace when rage mode is active. I love this game, but I am super sick of the whiny Jason players that suck bitching until they get a new buff . I think Rage mode should be gotten rid of. Its just basically giving Jason kills. I miss the days when Jasons had to be good at it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ExpertDual said:

Poggers, can you guys add a feature in a private match that disables perks? So you can say have a match where Jason is overall weaker but no perks are in play? Without everyone having to change their settings that is. I don't think there is anything that disrupts gameplay now by the sound of it. I think I can remember every patch, Jason used to be slower, grab was reworked alot, cars used to be able to go up hills or be kicked around by Jason, phonefuse used to spawn in phonehouses, there used to be teleporting/rubberbanding, getting on top of roofs, getting killed while escaping, Rage was upgraded, grab kills were fixed. And that's excluding new content that was added and all the perks reworked. What I'm saying is that I appreciate it all! For sticking with the players for so long.

I have to check with the team about PM toggles and what options are still possible.

Thank you for the support!

6 minutes ago, Vincent said:

Jason getting permanent invulnerability with rage is still something that should be revised or reverted. It is a horrible mechanic. Either give Jason temporary rage/invulnerability(with decay) or buff him in some other way. Removing player's ability to fight or contest objectives past a certain point in the game, or punishing the entire survivor team for every individual hit players get on Jason, are not healthy mechanics for the game. There should be a sense of reward when a player gets a swing on Jason, not a sense that they are getting screwed out of a late-game because they successfully defended themselves. 

But a sense of reward for hitting Jason? That's a little strange to say since we're talking about a single swing, activated by a single button press. And if players only swing on Jason when necessary, Rage won't be accelerated. It is MORE than possible to escape or kill Jason before Rage ever comes into play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Korpse Garden said:

I miss the days when Jasons had to be good at it.

you mean the days where counselors could easely get 2 pocket knifes and used to kill jason half of the matches they played

ok so first they shut all the windows in houses now they make it even way more difficult to remove the mask they really want ppl to sue them dont they this is gettin rediculus

what they should have done is give us atleast 6 perks at a time with infinit stamina and bionic legs cuz jason has no stamina an can run forever even thos he is a decrepit 90 yr old geezer

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Carlso said:

you mean the days where counselors could easely get 2 pocket knifes and used to kill jason half of the matches they played

No, I am referring to when the pocket knives were dialed back just before they put the rage mode crap in. Tons of players screw up the kill, because lets be honest it doesn't always work right. 

57 minutes ago, Sanitago5 said:

What the hell are you talking about? What game have you been playing?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Korpse Garden said:

Yay! They completely screwed the counselors. As if giving Jason Rage Mode wasn't bad enough, now it's harder to take the mask off? That was the only saving grace when rage mode is active. I love this game, but I am super sick of the whiny Jason players that suck bitching until they get a new buff . I think Rage mode should be gotten rid of. Its just basically giving Jason kills. I miss the days when Jasons had to be good at it. 

And I'm super sick of you whining cry baby counselors. Get over it. Jason should be a beast. Taking the mask off with only 2 hits was absolutely ridiculous. It will still be easy to kill Jason. It will just take a few more hits to get his mask off. But once it is off it's super easy to kill him. 

• Like 8

Jason Guard are hard to use in all level it too slow to press 2 button for guard instant attack in a short time

he need to alway guard in Combat Mode and can still use grab

But he can't guard while attack. if he take attack while try to grab he will get stun instantly and yes he still slow for chase someone in combat mode

But a sense of reward for hitting Jason? That's a little strange to say since we're talking about a single swing, activated by a single button press. And if players only swing on Jason when necessary, Rage won't be accelerated. It is MORE than possible to escape or kill Jason before Rage ever comes into play.

All successful interactions with the killer should feel rewarding, that's what makes a game engaging. A single swing does not come without risk, and every successful hit should feel like you did something good, rather than punished your whole team for shortening the game by another 30 seconds. And, the fact that there might be enough time to kill or escape Jason before he gets rage is completely missing the point, not to mention often false(when the Jasons are competent or when you are playing with new players/strangers, it is very likely that the game will extend beyond the 10 minute mark).  It also certainly doesn't account for players who would just go fight Jason and then leave(effectively ruining the game for everyone else who don't even know it happened).

I also don't quite understand why you would use the argument of "games can be ended before the 10 minute mark" as an actual defense for this atrocious mechanic. Most people don't really want a 10 minute game. Most players do not want a permanent-invulnerability mode. It removes a lot of the player interactions between survivor/killer that made this game engaging. It makes combat for Jason very one-dimensional and boringly easy.

Imagine if you played Dbd and every time you hit the killer with a pallet, one of the generators got disabled permanently. Do you think that would be a fun mechanic for anyone?  Do you think anyone would see "just adapt to the new mechanic!" or "just fix enough gens before they are all disabled!" as adequate responses or defenses for this kind of mechanic? 

• Thanks 1