As we all know, there will not be any new content going further for the game. However i am left wondering something....Why hasn't any of the content that we have seen that is already completed being released?  Back on June 1st 2018 the last piece of content/dlc that we got was the Pick Axe kill pack. I am sure everyone is aware of the unreleased kills that were accidentally shown in the original trailer for the Ultimate Slasher Edition looked 100% completed as well as the unreleased emotes that popped up on the Switch port. These are just a couple of examples of content/dlc that clearly was as completed as the pick axe kill pack and had to have been done before or around the same time. So my question is why weren't they released. As far as i am aware, any content that was in the pipeline/near completion or already completed was allowed to be released (Case in point the pick axe kill pack) yet somehow those other completed pieces of content have not been released. This was also shown by the company who made F13 Killer puzzle and they stated on a twitter post that as per contractual reasons they had a deadline date to create new content and as that date approached they completed new content for their game and inserted them into the files. I won't explain it all as i think the tweets do a better job of that but as they stated, they were under the exact same legal restrictions as Gun.

The link to the tweet - Killer Puzzle Tweet

So going by all that information and knowing there is completed content that could have been released......why wasn't it when legally they were allowed to?

Because they were more interested in pushing forward a new engine than getting any content done. 

2 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Because they were more interested in pushing forward a new engine than getting any content done. 

The issue here is that there is content that was done as i mentioned in my post but hasn't been released and could have been.The question is why hasn't it been released?

2 hours ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

The issue here is that there is content that was done as i mentioned in my post but hasn't been released and could have been.The question is why hasn't it been released?

This is an old question that has been answered many times over in the past officially and otherwise .....

unfortunately the items/content including ones that Seemed finished....

Didn’t make it into the game before the cut off date that was given to Gun Media and Illfonic because of the The lawyers and Judges involved in the lawsuit....

Though there is a lot of content that looks finished that doesn’t mean all the rigging/mechanics/ effects/ music/ sounds were 100% implemented.....that is why those items were not included in the final content patch.

Killer Puzzle was able to complete the skins and maps added to the code before the end of content date.....that is the difference.

Another thing to keep in mind Is they are completely different games what is required to code Killer Puzzles skins/ maps may not work or be compatible with what Illfonic had to get accomplished for their items to make it into the game.

59 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

This is an old question that has been answered many times over in the past officially and otherwise .....

unfortunately the items/content including ones that Seemed finished....

Didn’t make it into the game before the cut off date that was given to Gun Media and Illfonic because of the The lawyers and Judges involved in the lawsuit....

Though there is a lot of content that looks finished that doesn’t mean all the rigging/mechanics/ effects/ music/ sounds were 100% implemented.....that is why those items were not included in the final content patch.

Killer Puzzle was able to complete the skins and maps added to the code before the end of content date.....that is the difference.

Another thing to keep in mind Is they are completely different games what is required to code Killer Puzzles skins/ maps may not work or be compatible with what Illfonic had to get accomplished for their items to make it into the game.

The thing is that those finished things were in the games files already as was confirmed through dataminers. Showing the completed kills in the original ultimate slasher edition trailer shows them as completed and can be verified though the datamined stuff as well, also the emotes that were done long ago that ended up in the switch ports were also obviously in the files as well. Thus these were all completed before the cutoff and could have and should have been released. The only questionable things were Uber as he himself was done minus having music and sound effects attached and Grendel was clearly not done. Outside of that those other pieces of content were in fact done and in the files to be released but were not.

17 hours ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

The thing is that those finished things were in the games files already as was confirmed through dataminers. Showing the completed kills in the original ultimate slasher edition trailer shows them as completed and can be verified though the datamined stuff as well, also the emotes that were done long ago that ended up in the switch ports were also obviously in the files as well. Thus these were all completed before the cutoff and could have and should have been released. The only questionable things were Uber as he himself was done minus having music and sound effects attached and Grendel was clearly not done. Outside of that those other pieces of content were in fact done and in the files to be released but were not.

The reason that was given to us was that these and other content items were not 100% completed.....

A trailer with a few clips doesn’t mean they are completed either.....Neither does data mined data......

( something was not finished with them otherwise they would have been in the game....perhaps they didn’t get approval from the license holder or maybe they didn’t complete a final pass with the game play mechanics we don’t know.)

.....we assume by seeing These items in a video or in the files that they were finished or approved or whatever....

but the people data mining.......you nor I Truly know to what extent they were actually completed/ approved .........I don’t believe that if they had Kill pack weapons finished they wouldn’t have released them as that would have been more revenue for them.......

That wouldn’t be a very good business model.

10 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The reason that was given to us was that these and other content items when not 100% completed.....

A trailer with a few clips doesn’t mean they are completed either.....Neither does data mined data......

( something was not finished with them otherwise they would have been in the game....perhaps they didn’t get approval from the license holder or maybe they didn’t complete a final pass with the game play mechanics we don’t know.)

.....we assume by seeing These items in a video or in the files that they were finished or approved or whatever....

but the people data mining.......you nor I Truly know to what extent were actually completed/ approved .........I don’t believe that if they had Kill pack weapons finished they wouldn’t have released them as that would have been more revenue for them.......

That wouldn’t be a very good business model.

Those kills and others were completed, the unreleased emotes which were completed were in the files and usable in the switch port. They is no denying this unless you just want to be in denial and have blinders on. The pick axe kill pack was the last official released content on June 1st 2018 and from that point no other content was being worked on. They also would not have captured the gameplay they did of unreleased kills for an upcoming trailer if they were not completed and you can tell they were completed. Again the switch port unreleased emotes were 100% done before the cutoff and falls in line with the legal guidelines to release content but they were not. There isn't much left to state here. They could have been released but were not. The only mystery is why were they not.

I'm no expert here but I think all the content had to be certified before it could be released, and it seems the pickaxe kills were the only unreleased thing that was certified when the lawsuit changed. The emotes probably were being held for future sp challenges. If the lawsuit had been unresolved in a timely manner some of the completed and near completed content might have seen the light of day.😩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aurllcooljay said:

I'm no expert here but I think all the content had to be certified before it could be released, and it seems the pickaxe kills were the only unreleased thing that was certified when the lawsuit changed. The emotes probably were being held for future sp challenges. If the lawsuit had been unresolved in a timely manner some of the completed and near completed content might have seen the light of day.😩

This is a snippet of a Q&A a game dev did that i think may shed a little like on that.

"The DLC cert process is waaaay faster than game certification, which is why we can often get the DLC ready on day 1."

Now you can even take out the part talking about day 1 since the key component of this is dlc cert. It seems the dlc cert process is quicker to get through and considering stuff was already done they should have been certed already and awaiting for when they were going to be released. Now at the point they knew content was coming to an end, they should have released all the content that was completed and already went through cert.

6 hours ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

Those kills and others were completed,

Based on a trailer, Hacks and data mined video that doesn’t prove anything.....

Just because they look complete or function to an extent doesn’t mean they made it or through The certification/ licensing approval process......you are assuming to much.

the unreleased emotes which were completed were in the files and usable in the switch port. They is no denying this unless you just want to be in denial and have blinders on.

I don’t disagree that The emotes worked and were released into the Switch and are in the code....... the point I am trying to make is that regardless of how completed it looks something got in the way of it not making it into the game....whether that is Approval/ certification or coding we don’t know.

They also would not have captured the gameplay they did of unreleased kills for an upcoming trailer if they were not completed and you can tell they were .

I don’t see how having footage of something unreleased means it’s completed.....It could have been captured at anytime.....we don’t know.
you are assuming it is completed because it made it into a trailer...... there are a-lot of variables to consider.

Again the switch port unreleased emotes were 100% done before the cutoff and falls in line with the legal guidelines to release content but they were not.

According to Your assumptions of what you deem complete or “100% done.”

There isn't much left to state here. They could have been released but were not. The only mystery is why were they not.

There is No mystery......If the “Completed” items made it through the legal cut off Date they would have been included.......they didn’t so they aren’t.

@mattshotcha this is a very tired and old subject of conversation but if I missed something in my translation for why items didn’t make the cut off Please enlighten us.
Thanks.

There are only 2 bits of content that we know are done, or at least partially done to be more honest.  Those switch emotes, there may have been more of them planned to be released with them or they may have been attached to future challenges.  And the pajama pack, we don't know if all of it was done, but part of was leaked and the part that was was done.

Uber wasn't finished as his kills, the proper music and sound effects, weren't finished.  Even the hacked in version of him since he was somewhere in the PC files this was the case with him.  

The Grendel wasn't finished as we saw with leaks of it. 

One kill out of a kill pack does not constitute all the kills being done, and just like Uber and some of his kills not having the proper musical cues the ones we saw in the trailer could have the same fate, which means they weren't done. 

What content is actually "done" in your opinion that I'm missing here.  Not that it matters because we'll likely never see it.  Although to be honest, if the pajama pack is completely done, maybe Gun will toss that in the stores at the same price as the other clothing packs.  Simple to do and would actually give Gun some more revenue out of this stagnant game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

One kill out of a kill pack does not constitute all the kills being done, and just like Uber and some of his kills not having the proper musical cues the ones we saw in the trailer could have the same fate, which means they weren't done.

It wasn't just one kill out of a kill pack. I can see that going back and forth on this is pointless. If people want to hang on to the idea that things weren't 100% that is up to them. We all know what content was completed and what wasn't. The proof is out there in the open. I just choose not to live in denial about it.

First off, I'm not sure why @PackASnack_Lodge is trying so hard to stir up trouble that's been discussed fully already, but this is not the first thread I'm seeing from you trying to dredge up old topics and sell them as new mysteries. 

This topic has been thoroughly covered already a million different times and users like @OCT 31 1978 and @SirMang have already said everything there is to say on it.

The only thing I'd like to add to the topic here, again, is that even if the content you refer to was 100% done, it still could not be released because it never made it to a storefront of any kind. It never passed certification, never was sold on the storefront, never was unlocked prior to the lawsuit by conventional means. But even still, what was hacked loose was not 100% complete. It was content in various stages of development, but not complete. 

Also, the upgrade that facilitated the dedicated servers was necessary for more than just dedicated servers, and was in no way indicative of Gun just simply choosing backend work over content. 

PS. @PackASnack_Lodge just because a winner doesn't shout from a rooftop that they won, doesn't mean they don't exist. In your last "Unsolved Mysteries of F13" thread a couple comments prior to yours a user mentions "creating a Twitter account just to enter the competition" and some would say that's a pretty logical explanation for why they didn't bother to inform you of their win. Not everything is a conspiracy that paints Gun as the Big Bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@mattshotcha

What I fail to understand is why the decision was made to work on the engine upgrade rather than releasing content. Couldn't the engine upgrade be the focus after the lawsuit put new content on hold?

Thank you.

I thought this was put to rest long ago.

We were all told more than once that no more content was coming. I don't see that changing.

Now, I guess I'll find my trusty shovel, and bury this out back, deeper in the woods this time...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, shatteredjay said:

What I fail to understand is why the decision was made to work on the engine upgrade

They said the reason they prioritized the engine upgrade over content was because the number one concern for players at the time was dedicated servers. The engine upgrade was required for that to happen.

People can bash Gun and Illfonic all they want about their decision to postpone content over the engine upgrade, but they both missed out on a lot of money because they couldn't release anymore content. They were actually listening to and catering to the fans concerns. In a perfect world, maybe they could have had a few more employees that could have been working on content while the rest of the team worked on the engine upgrade. Hell, in a perfect world, Sean Cunningham's greed wouldn't have led to the content ending lawsuit. There's a lot of  "what if" scenarios out there.

Hopefully (after the lawsuit comes to an end)  someone else will see how well this game did and the potential it could have had without all the legal troubles and take a shot at creating another F13 game. I would really like Gun to take another shot at it after the legal mess, but the way they were treated this time around for something that was out of their hands, I doubt they will.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, shatteredjay said:

@mattshotcha

What I fail to understand is why the decision was made to work on the engine upgrade rather than releasing content. Couldn't the engine upgrade be the focus after the lawsuit put new content on hold?

Thank you.

We were told to hold, we held. We worked on a major community concern instead. Hindsight is 20/20 and it's easier to pick apart every detail of timings, but the simple truth is we didn't choose to not release content. The idea of that makes zero sense.

Honestly imagine that: "We could sell this content and potentially recover some of the cost associated with developing it but nah, let's let it go to waste." does that sound probable to anyone?

Throughout this entire process, the lawsuit, everything, looking back it all looks like a crystal clear timeline. But I assure you, that's hindsight. If you think the situation was as certain as it is in hindsight, while it was happening, you are wrong. It's all much clearer once it's in the rearview mirror, but that wasn't the case while we were knee deep in it. Hell, no one predicted that years later we'd still be in this state with regards to the license, either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

We were told to hold, we held. We worked on a major community concern instead. Hindsight is 20/20 and it's easier to pick apart every detail of timings, but the simple truth is we didn't choose to not release content. The idea of that makes zero sense.

Honestly imagine that: "We could sell this content and potentially recover some of the cost associated with developing it but nah, let's let it go to waste." does that sound probable to anyone?

Throughout this entire process, the lawsuit, everything, looking back it all looks like a crystal clear timeline. But I assure you, that's hindsight. If you think the situation was as certain as it is in hindsight, while it was happening, you are wrong. It's all much clearer once it's in the rearview mirror, but that wasn't the case while we were knee deep in it. Hell, no one predicted that years later we'd still be in this state with regards to the license, either.

The thing Matt is plenty of us knew about the lawsuit even before this game was released.  If we knew then people like Wes should have known.  And he should have contacted his own lawyers and then been in constant communication with them about what he could and couldn't do.  I will reference this article here, https://www.slashfilm.com/friday-the-13th-rights-lawsuit/ , the lawsuit was a specter over everything Friday the 13th less than a year after Gun/Illfonic decided to go ahead with turning Slasher V 1 Summer Camp into Friday the 13th The Game.  Thus, the lawsuit was a specter over the game almost a year before the game was even ever released.

The people in charge had to have known they were on borrowed time on what they could and couldn't do with this game before it was even launched.  The situation with trying to release another movie was made murky by the lawsuit before y'all stopped publishing new content.  This article is March 2018 which discusses reasons there wasn't a new Friday movie.. https://www.slashfilm.com/friday-the-13th-rights-lawsuit/ 

Even without hindsight we can deduce that the decision to backburner new content/new paid DLC in favor of the engine upgrade was a bad business decision. 

17 hours ago, SirMang said:

The thing Matt is plenty of us knew about the lawsuit even before this game was released.  If we knew then people like Wes should have known.  And he should have contacted his own lawyers and then been in constant communication with them about what he could and couldn't do.  I will reference this article here, https://www.slashfilm.com/friday-the-13th-rights-lawsuit/ , the lawsuit was a specter over everything Friday the 13th less than a year after Gun/Illfonic decided to go ahead with turning Slasher V 1 Summer Camp into Friday the 13th The Game.  Thus, the lawsuit was a specter over the game almost a year before the game was even ever released.

The people in charge had to have known they were on borrowed time on what they could and couldn't do with this game before it was even launched.  The situation with trying to release another movie was made murky by the lawsuit before y'all stopped publishing new content.  This article is March 2018 which discusses reasons there wasn't a new Friday movie.. https://www.slashfilm.com/friday-the-13th-rights-lawsuit/ 

Even without hindsight we can deduce that the decision to backburner new content/new paid DLC in favor of the engine upgrade was a bad business decision. 

You just read everything I said and then still proceeded to use hindsight as the basis for blaming Gun for not releasing content that effectively actually resulted in lost money for Gun.

It is still hindsight as you play race the clock, towards an outcome that people did not expect to be this time consuming and complete. And when it becomes the firm advice of counsel to not release anything further until they get the situation sorted out, you stop then and there. Then you can look back at all the what ifs and think about how it could have been done differently. THAT is all hindsight.

Regardless, at this point, this conversation is just an argument for argument's sake. There is no change that can come of it, and no point in constantly bickering back and forth about what could have been.

• Like 1