Sorry new to all this. I play Nintendo switch f13 game exclusively. What do the MS numbers mean? Is low good I assume and high MS bad? Is there anything I can do to improve MS? Thanks in advance and sorry for very basic question. 

I ain't much of a tech guy but "ping" is the milliseconds it takes for a signal to be sent out from y our computer/console and returned from the server.  The higher the ping the worse your connection is.  A ping of 999 means it takes more than 1 full second for a signal to be sent and received and you will experience a lot of lag. If it stays at 999 for too long the game will most likely disconnect and you will get booted from lobby.  I found the most telling sign (other than checking your ping) is when the audio starts cutting out.  When that happens you will start experiencing lag and get stuck in animations like crawling through a window or sitting in a car.

If you are playing in quick play public lobby your ping should be below 100 most of the time.  If you are playing in a Private Lobby then your ping will also depend on the host's connection.  If everyone in the lobby has a high ping then it means the host has a bad connection. 

As long as your ping is under 300 you should be able to play without much issue.

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

I ain't much of a tech guy but "ping" is the milliseconds it takes for a signal to be sent out from y our computer/console and returned from the server.  The higher the ping the worse your connection is.  A ping of 999 means it takes more than 1 full second for a signal to be sent and received and you will experience a lot of lag. If it stays at 999 for too long the game will most likely disconnect and you will get booted from lobby.  I found the most telling sign (other than checking your ping) is when the audio starts cutting out.  When that happens you will start experiencing lag and get stuck in animations like crawling through a window or sitting in a car.

If you are playing in quick play public lobby your ping should be below 100 most of the time.  If you are playing in a Private Lobby then your ping will also depend on the host's connection.  If everyone in the lobby has a high ping then it means the host has a bad connection. 

As long as your ping is under 300 you should be able to play without much issue.

Thanks so much for the well written response!