Reduce Vanessa's Luck stat from 6 to 1 and make her Composure stat from 3 to 8. This will reduce her overall effectiveness in combat as well as in other things like Repairing and Starting the boat. However, because she has much higher Composure, this makes her go to a full black screen less often and allows her to manage stamina more effectively. Not the best trade-off, but it's a starting point to nerfing her as she is considered top tier by most players.

• Confused 1

dude it would be more like a buff thana  nerf cuz with 8 composure her 9 stam recharge would be broken. i think what they should do is rebalance speed. the difference between high speed counselors and low speed counselors is too big they should increase the speeds lower than 5 and decrease speeds higher than 5.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 5:30 AM, Dunken said:

Reduce Vanessa's Luck stat from 6 to 1 and make her Composure stat from 3 to 8. This will reduce her overall effectiveness in combat as well as in other things like Repairing and Starting the boat. However, because she has much higher Composure, this makes her go to a full black screen less often and allows her to manage stamina more effectively. Not the best trade-off, but it's a starting point to nerfing her as she is considered top tier by most players.

That is legitimately a terrible idea.

• Like 2

Honestly, Just make her a 1 repair ( and make Tiff 2). 

6 hours ago, CrissRiot said:

That is legitimately a terrible idea.

You mean you wouldn’t want to see an almost “no fear” Vanessa build? Maybe if we go all the way and lower her strength as well so she can have 10 composure? I can’t see how that’d be an issue. /s

On 6/23/2020 at 10:56 PM, GeneiJin said:

Honestly, Just make her a 1 repair

I agree and possibly  reduce her Stamina to a 8. I have repaired the boat by myself many times on Pack large if the boat is on the Southwestern side and escaped. 

10 hours ago, Prince Ali of Crystal Lake said:

You mean you wouldn’t want to see an almost “no fear” Vanessa build? Maybe if we go all the way and lower her strength as well so she can have 10 composure? I can’t see how that’d be an issue. /s

Asking for changes to a game to be made because you want to use a different playstyle with a specific counselor is LAUGHABLE. If you want to use a 'no fear' Vanessa... use the perks: Nerves of Steel, the map perk (Preparedness I believe)... and any other perk that reduces fear... But wait... people would cry about not being able to use medic and thick skin. Vanessa is almost universally agreed to be the 'best' counselor simply due to her speed and stamina... She is indeed the most overpowered counselor on those two fronts alone and literally needs no buffs... and neither do ANY of the other counselors. Neither do any of them need any nerfs... They are ALL fine right where they are now.
   A player will a fair level of skill can run Jason around for ten minutes or more with LaChoppa... But people crying for buffs to Vanessa are just acting like entitled children... and no one should give ANY entitled child (or adult acting like one for that matter) what they want... EVER.

The main problem is the slow counselors have pretty much nothing they can do to defend themselves once Jason tunnels them, especially against running Jasons. Its over, especially once he's in rage, because stuns outside of a demask or shotty are obsolete. People will say they should get gud and escape but that's kinda silly considering good Jasons will get rid of the good repair characters first, before they go after the faster/time wasting/demasking ones. Also the faster counselors more often than not lure Jason straight towards them, even if they aren't teaming with him, so they can become fodder so Tiff or Chad or Vanessa or Bugs can survive a little bit longer.

A really good player will manage with a slow counselor if they face off against walking Jasons, even with good shift. But against the plethora of Roys or Part 3 that just ride up their asses with knives and slashes, the slow counselors are dead, even against decent Part 2/4 really.

So of course people will continue to play the meta counselors because it gives them the best chance to win, especially in the kill scenario. That said, obviously you could nerf the meta counselors in one way by removing the wheel check. That in itself will make it nearly impossible for them to repair against a decent Jason. Simply make the repair always make noise if the counselor tries to wheel check.

All that said, how the devs never saw this speed/stamina narrative playing out in testing I have no idea. More should've been done to make the strengths and weaknesses matter beyond 3 of them.

4 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

The main problem is the slow counselors have pretty much nothing they can do to defend themselves once Jason tunnels them, especially against running Jasons. Its over, especially once he's in rage, because stuns outside of a demask or shotty are obsolete.

Nope.... A.J. main here and completely disagree. I still almost never take a swing at him and am doing just fine in game... with A.J. against running Jasons... It saddens me that others are not able to do this, but that is on them... I am far from the best player out there and have no problem doing it... without taking a swing at Jason. Not sure how or why others can't figure out how to do it... I have explained how I do it on these forums so many times it makes my head spin... I must be wrong because I am doing something that others apparently can't do... How does that work exactly when I am actually doing what others say is impossible? I can answer that... they are full of crap.
   If you can't play slow counselors effectively, then don't... play a faster counselor. Personally, I think playing fast counselors is too easy... but I have no problem catching them when playing Jason... The only people I have a problem catching are people that are good at playing the game, not at playing a specific counselor. Certain friends of mine will give ANY Jason player a long run for their money with ANY counselor they play. The main problem I see is... people that are not able to adapt. Its not rocket surgery.

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

Asking for changes to a game to be made because you want to use a different playstyle with a specific counselor is LAUGHABLE. If you want to use a 'no fear' Vanessa... use the perks: Nerves of Steel, the map perk (Preparedness I believe)... and any other perk that reduces fear... But wait... people would cry about not being able to use medic and thick skin. Vanessa is almost universally agreed to be the 'best' counselor simply due to her speed and stamina... She is indeed the most overpowered counselor on those two fronts alone and literally needs no buffs... and neither do ANY of the other counselors. Neither do any of them need any nerfs... They are ALL fine right where they are now.
   A player will a fair level of skill can run Jason around for ten minutes or more with LaChoppa... But people crying for buffs to Vanessa are just acting like entitled children... and no one should give ANY entitled child (or adult acting like one for that matter) what they want... EVER.

I didn’t say I wanted that. Hence my “/s” at the end of my post. I was pointing out how ludicrous the OP’s proposed “nerf” to Vanessa sounded to me. 

• Like 1

Idk if 'Nessa really warrants a nerf.  I think it's people's playstyle as 'Nessa that is annoying, not her actually abilities.  She just attracts trolls.  Not much you can do. 

Whenever I am playing solo, and the chances of facing players teaming with Jason or a team that will ONLY attack Jason, I feel forced to pick a "fast" counselor too. That way I have a decent shot to run away when they tell Jason where I am, or can easily keep pace with them. 

If I have a counselor suited for objectives, I usually end up spending all game gathering everything, while they soak up all the health sprays and pocket knives. Leaving me kinda defenseless.

Most Jasons will not even bother with Vanessa or Bugzy if they are being trolled. And they will hunt down the counselors who are trying to escape. 

It makes it seem like the game rewards players who can kite Jason, and penalizes those who are trying to finish objectives. Maybe reward players completing objectives with a lot more CP or something? Idk. 

And making "fast" players not repair things well, only gives them more reason not to bother helping with objectives. Maybe thats a place to start. Reward counselors for placing items near objectives? And penalize Jason players for leaving when they are getting trolled. 

literally have tons of screenshots with lobbies full of fast Vanessas20200702_005313.thumb.jpg.eee8de4655b2e53835757d1aad362ed7.jpg