No one was talking about it so i decided to do it. note: perks on the same tier are considred equally good (or bad).

S (amazing)

Friendship (increase 5% of the damage for each dude nest to you)

Medic  (able to use one medic spray 2 times)

Sneaky (move throught windows quickly and decreases the grab vunerability while moving throught a window)

A (very good)

Speed Demon (15% easier fix minigame plus 25% solo car speed)

Home Body (20% avoid jason sense while indoors)

Low Profile (25% avoid jason sense and move faster while crounched)

My Dads A Cop (25% less police arrive time)

Nerves of Steel (dont lose the minipap and 10% of fear resistance)

Preparedness (start with the minimap and 10% of fear resistance)

Slugger (start with the baseball bat and deal 15% more damage)

Swift Attacker (20% more attack speed when hitting with things)

Thick Skinned (20% more resistance, basicaly an extra hit for jason)

B (good)

Grinder (more 5% xp gained)

Light Foot (less noise while sprinting)

Man At Arms (15% more durability on the weapon, basically an extra hit before braking)

Night Owl (60% less darkness fear)

Sucker Punch (25% more chance to stun)

C (situational)

Easy Listening (40% stam recharge when next to a radio)

Escape Artist (15% faster escape from jason grab thing)

Grease Monkey (15% faster car or boat start)

Heavy Hitter (15% more stun with the baseball bat)

Level Headed (15% chance to avoid jason's sense)

Lone Wolf (10% less fear when alone)

Marathon  (15% more stam)

Trasher (25% more damage with the axe)

D (bad)

Controlled Breathing(20% more composure recharge when hiding)

Firecracker(start with firecracker and they get 10% better)

Heavy Mover (barricade doors 50% faster)

Heavy Sleeper (25% chance to avoid sense each time jason use it when you are hidden like a chicken in a sleeping bag. ironicaly the negative thing is +fear lol)

Hypochondriac (start with a spray and heal 20% more)

Psychic (start with the walkie talkie and your voice has 20% more range)

Teamwork (reduces fear by 5% for each dude next to you)

E (very bad)

Adrenaline Rush (20% more stam gain when escaping from jason's grab)

Evasion (more 20% speed on the evasion of that combat stance that everybody uses)

Ice Cold (50% less fear gained when you see a dead body)

Lead Foot (car moves 20% faster when you are the driver)

Potent Ranger (deal 20% more damage if you respawn as tommy jarvis)

Quiet Swimmer (25% avoid to jason sense while in the water, cuz the giant circles you'll make are not enough to call jason's attention)

Spacial Awareness (25% less stumble chance. you'll still stumble, but every for every 4 sutumbles  3 will still happen. wow)

F (horrible)

Aquanaut (more 35% speed while in water)

Motorboating (more 35% speed with the boat cuz jason will not just morph to the end and camp the exit, nooooo, running from jason with the boat is very important)

Pyro (jason appears 20% more time on the maps when you shoot him with a flare gun. it's like 1-2 seconds)

Restful (regen stam 15% faster. i mean if it was strong like 25% counselors like vanessa would be broken. also you only notice a different when you have zero fear)

Scout (escape from traps 15% faster. ...)

Tinker (20% more speed on the minigame, which makes it 20% harder)

Edited by Carlso
cuz i was convinced that speed demon is actually good

Prepare for a lot of pushback on Thick Skin. Most consider it and Medic to be the two strongest perks.

And Speed Demon is a solid 'A' IMO. It's the only perk that effectively has no penalty and it makes repair much easier for mid-tier repair counselors. Faster solo driving is just a nice bonus.

People may not flame this thread simply because nobody will know where to even start. Lol

I think Grinder should be upgraded from Good to Amazing Tier.  I mean who hasn't had their ass saved by that perk multuple times.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

People may not flame this thread simply because nobody will know where to even start. Lol

I think Grinder should be upgraded from Good to Amazing Tier.  I mean who hasn't had their ass saved by that perk multuple times.

:lol:

39 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

yeah i didnt think about that so now people can read what each perk does, thanks for the comment.

i mean, grinder always works and it does what it was supposed to do. if you want to farm xp grinder is not that bad.

1 hour ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Prepare for a lot of pushback on Thick Skin. Most consider it and Medic to be the two strongest perks.

And Speed Demon is a solid 'A' IMO. It's the only perk that effectively has no penalty and it makes repair much easier for mid-tier repair counselors. Faster solo driving is just a nice bonus.

is not worthy to use thick skinned on low strenght conselours that's why it is where it is.

i dont think it's worthy to sacrifice a slot for just 5% less minigame speed, but i never thought it could actually be a good thing. still i think is not worthy so now it's just bad. i mean this tier list is just my opinion

Makes me realize there are perks I dont think I have ever used.  Grinder being one of them.

Im gonna go slap Heavy Mover and Sneaky on Vanessa and go stage every single cabin. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carlso said:

is not worthy to use thick skinned on low strenght conselours that's why it is where it is.

i dont think it's worthy to sacrifice a slot for just 5% less minigame speed, but i never thought it could actually be a good thing. still i think is not worthy so now it's just bad. i mean this tier list is just my opinion

I initially used a common Speed Demon with 15% repair speed decrease. It makes a huge difference and is easily attained since the game views it as a negative. I now have an epic Speed Demon with 22% solo vehicle speed increase and that makes getaways noticeably easier. Same 15% repair speed decrease on it too. Great perk.

25 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

I initially used a common Speed Demon with 15% repair speed decrease. It makes a huge difference and is easily attained since the game views it as a negative. I now have an epic Speed Demon with 22% solo vehicle speed increase and that makes getaways noticeably easier. Same 15% repair speed decrease on it too. Great perk.

man i didn't know that speed demon could have 15% less speed all of the speed demon that i ever got was 5% to 1%. you convinced me speed demon is A tier 

For me the best perks are:

• Marathon
    - very good for low-stamina counselors
    - makes Vanessa and other athletic counselors even stronger
  • Thick Skinned
    - many Jasons still slash instead of using grab
    - many Jasons use the fact that you're locked in an animation when you're climbing or jumping through the window, therefore getting an almost guaranteed hit with a knife, this perk helps you to not get so easily injured from that
    - after Jason hits rage, there is nothing you can do if you're out in the open and he starts slashing, this gives you a bigger chance of getting away
    - you don't need a health spray when you step into traps near objectives (you can tank only 1)
    - climbing through broken windows isn't as bad, you still shouldn't do it though imo
  • Medic
    - you get 2 uses from every health spray you find, very good against Jasons that slash
    - increases healing
    - sprays are most of the time a must if you're stepping into traps near the objectives

I feel like those perks are the best choice for every Counselor, I don't think you can go wrong picking these. I use them on all of my Counselors, although I was thinking about combining Marathon + Restful on some Counselors like AJ or Jenny, but then, Medic is missing and it's such a good perk.

Do you guys think it's better to focus on perks that empower your Counselor's best stats or better to focus on perks that help you with your Counselor's worst stats?

Perk tiers are subjective. As long as players can find perks that help them survive, escape, or kill Jason, that is the bottom line.

Use what works best for your play style and situation, and do what you are meant to do in game.I

@WhateverIGuess, the answer to that depends on the kind of lobby you are in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhateverIGuess said:

Do you guys think it's better to focus on perks that empower your Counselor's best stats or better to focus on perks that help you with your Counselor's worst stats?

Play to your counselor's strengths and how you intend to use them when choosing perks. Some counselors have unbalanced stats that can be made even more effective with the right perks (Silent Sprint AJ & No Fear Jenny are the two most extremes examples). Others don't need perks to be made top tier and you're free to choose a build that give you greater flexibility (Deb is a good examples of this kind of counselor; give her a combat perk and she'll be able to hold her own in a fight if necessary). But I would never bother trying to make a slow counselor fast or a dumb counselor smart as you'll just end up with a mediocre counselor if you do that. Tiffany was not meant to do repairs and LaChappa was not meant to kite Jason.

16 hours ago, WhateverIGuess said:

For me the best perks are:

• Marathon
    - very good for low-stamina counselors
    - makes Vanessa and other athletic counselors even stronger

dude if you use marathon on lachappa he'll run equivalentely to someone who has 2.3 stam. it's a 0.3 increase. that little extra stam can save you sometimes but for the most part it's a wast of slot. on the other hand if you use it on vanessa she will basically have a full extre stam point, which makes a big difference. marathon is good but it is just works well with certain counselors that's why it is on the situational tier.

I normally use Medic and preparedness. Intel is your best friend and healing is a must due to traps and broken windows.  I play to Deborah's strengths and occasionally boost her with Thick Skin or Stamina.  Grease Monkey for Deb is pointless. Most of the other perks I salt into other counselors and I have to agree with your list of lower tier perks. Those I don't bother with at all except Hypochondriac.  Cheers and game on,  my friends 

My favourite perk has to be Nerves of Steel. If you could only pick one perk to use it would be that every time for me.

There is no right answer for best perk/s, it all depends on who you’re playing as and your play style. 

Biggest issue with ranking perks is we dont even know exactly how most of them work.

Do % increase allow you to go higher than 10?  It seems that it does but I havent seen actual evidence for it.

Are % increases based on the counselor stat or max stat?  Game doesnt specifically say and I have not seen evidence to prove one way or the other.

Also, unknown factors can affect stats it would seem.  Ive seen proof that AJ is quieter than Tiff and Tommy is quieter than both.  But all 3 have Stealth 10/10.  So something else is at play (probably composure).

Perks like Thick Skinned are also hard to quantify.  If your health is increased by less than the damage of a knife throw or broken window climb, it quite literally is doing nothing for you.  So there may be 0 benefit from having +19 health vs +17 health.

The vast majority of our preferences are based not on logic but simply from our anecdotal experiences.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

Biggest issue with ranking perks is we dont even know exactly how most of them work.

Do % increase allow you to go higher than 10?  It seems that it does but I havent seen actual evidence for it.

Are % increases based on the counselor stat or max stat?  Game doesnt specifically say and I have not seen evidence to prove one way or the other.

Also, unknown factors can affect stats it would seem.  Ive seen proof that AJ is quieter than Tiff and Tommy is quieter than both.  But all 3 have Stealth 10/10.  So something else is at play (probably composure).

Perks like Thick Skinned are also hard to quantify.  If your health is increased by less than the damage of a knife throw or broken window climb, it quite literally is doing nothing for you.  So there may be 0 benefit from having +19 health vs +17 health.

The vast majority of our preferences are based not on logic but simply from our anecdotal experiences.

This makes sense. That's a good reason why I use measurable perks most of the time.  Medic gives you 2 sprays, even if the healing is a percentage which always seems to max your health no matter how badly you're hurt. Same with Prepardness. The map is there, period.  Good call

@Carlso Whilst I respect you tier rankings, I do find quite a few questionable. The ones identified below are more concerning than others. Again, I understand that the tier list is your own opinion and I'm just offering my reasonings.

On 6/1/2020 at 5:57 PM, Carlso said:

S (amazing)

Friendship (increase 5% of the damage for each dude nest to you)

Sneaky (move throught windows quickly and decreases the grab vunerability while moving throught a window)

• Friendship [Too high] - Far from S tier as it's reliant on you being next to 4 or more counselors when taking on Jason. I say 4 because if you are next to 3 or less then you may as well be running Slugger. Also, it's unlikely you'll get that scenario in Quick Play unless you go in with 4 other friends. Plus, once you've got Jason's mask off the perk becomes redundant. And the Jason kill is not even guaranteed if you're up against a competent Jason who has denied the Tommy call.
  • Sneaky [Too high] - Jason's ability to grab a counselor as they climb through a window is hardly a frequent way for him get the jump on counselors. You shouldn't be climbing through a window if Jason is close enough to grab you, period! I'd be more concerned with getting a knife in the back or him shifting to the other side than running this perk.

A (very good)

Home Body (20% avoid jason sense while indoors)

Thick Skinned (20% more resistance, basicaly an extra hit for jason)

• Home Body [Too high] - I'm an advocate of Sense avoidance perks, but this perk is most definitely a situational one. Not only does it give you a low 1 in 5 chance of avoiding Jason's Sense ability, but it also requires you to be indoors to do so. Jason players can also spam Sense, so he is very likely to detect you eventually. Not A tier if you plan to get objectives done, escape in a vehicle or run to the cops.
  • Thick Skinned [Too low] - This perk is definitely S/God tier IMO. There are incidents in everyone's matches where you might need to tank a trap to get an objective done or escape. Or where Jason is tunneling you and you'll eat throwing knives and scale many a broken window. Not to mention the occasions where you get noobs/trolls/teamers who trap the doors without locking them or the windows (in QP). Furthermore, if you're a player who knows where pocket knives tend to spawn on a map (or get really lucky when looting) and listen out for the change in ambience as it goes silent when Jason is stalking you, then he will often have a hard time Stalk-Shift-grabbing you. And once you become aware of a stalk-shifter you generally tend to duck into cabins more as Jason needs to locate you before he can Shift-grab. Therefore it is most likely that Jason will resort to good old walking you down, slashing, throwing knives and placing traps. Med sprays run out eventually but Thick Skinned is effective from beginning to end game.

B (good)

Grinder (more 5% xp gained)

• [Too high] - Not sure if you were trolling with this one. More XP is great for leveling up quick but without double XP events most councelors get on average 1000 XP per game. So an extra 5% is a measly 50 XP. That is by no means worth a perk slot. Also, what about the players who are already level 150? Yes XP does equate to CP, but I believe the XP to CP conversion is only 10%. So that's an extra 5 CP with Grinder, lol.

C (situational)

Heavy Hitter (15% more stun with the baseball bat)

• [Too high] - This perk use to be OP until it was nerfed heavily, and that was before Rage mode made it even more irrelevant. Tests (available on YouTube) have shown that max value Heavy Hitter adds about 0.8 seconds onto Jason's stun duration making it not worth a slot. I really wish they would take the post-nerf addition of Rage mode into account now and increase the stun duration so that this perk becomes viable again.

D (bad)

Hypochondriac (start with a spray and heal 20% more)

• [Too low] - I used to underestimate this perk too. But when used in a combination with Thick Skinned and Medic it takes your survival game to a whole new level. 30% (combined) healing boost replenishes a good amount of HP so that throwing knives, traps and broken windows are much less of a worry. Also, there's been a few times where I've spawned at the phone house and Jason shows up, smashes all windows and starts peppering me with throwing knives as I sprint to the next cabin thanking my lucky stars I started with a health spray.

F (horrible)

Motorboating (more 35% speed with the boat cuz jason will not just morph to the end and camp the exit, nooooo, running from jason with the boat is very important)

Restful (regen stam 15% faster. i mean if it was strong like 25% counselors like vanessa would be broken. also you only notice a different when you have zero fear)

• Motorboating [Too low] - Surely this perk is not actually worse than Potent Ranger or Quiet Swimmer??? IMO it is actually quite useful as not many Jasons morph directly to the boat exit but more so in between. That's where having the ability to out-speed a +Water Speed Jason can be very beneficial on a map where you have room to manoeuver in the water. And even if you do get a Jason who does guard the exit, he will need to come and get you eventually or risk everyone else in the game getting the other objectives done; or you surviving the night circling the lake. Also, unlike Speed Demon this perk still works when you have a passenger.
  • Restful [Too low] - If a player is able to manage their fear level well then this perk can work a treat. Inevitablly Jason will soon be on you, so it mainly has its uses whilst your fear is low. Having said that, I use this perk on NF Jenny and she does brilliant at being a part runner and kiting Jason from cabin to cabin, all the while keeping her stamina high.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Oof

There's so much wrong with that tier list...

🤦‍♀️

it's based solo on my opinion, i dont believe there's a right or a wrong tier list. but if you think so...

I agree this tier list is so off. Sneaky and Friendship are not S tier at all. 

S tier is 

medic, thick skin, and nerves of steel. These perks will help you so much more in matches

22 hours ago, Carlso said:

it's based solo on my opinion, i dont believe there's a right or a wrong tier list. but if you think so...

Eye of the beholder. Nothing wrong with your list at all

• Like 1

IMHO, I don't think there are any best perks per se, although I believe some are completely worthless like easy listening.  I think the best perks all depend on what counselor you choose and your playstyle.  I usually play Fox and I use her as a repair counselor.  The best perks for me are the following:  thick-skin, preparedness, marathon, nerves of steel, medic, and hypochondriac.  I don't use any other perk because they're completely worthless like easy listening; the benefit is slight like resful - from what I understand that perk only shaves a second or two off your stamina recharge; or the perk is too situational like my dad's a cop.  MDAC is great if you can use it but if somebody else calls the cops or the phone fuse is never installed, then in my opinion, you wasted a perk slot.

On 6/2/2020 at 1:37 AM, Eva Watanabe said:

Play to your counselor's strengths and how you intend to use them when choosing perks. Some counselors have unbalanced stats that can be made even more effective with the right perks (Silent Sprint AJ & No Fear Jenny are the two most extremes examples). Others don't need perks to be made top tier and you're free to choose a build that give you greater flexibility (Deb is a good examples of this kind of counselor; give her a combat perk and she'll be able to hold her own in a fight if necessary). But I would never bother trying to make a slow counselor fast or a dumb counselor smart as you'll just end up with a mediocre counselor if you do that. Tiffany was not meant to do repairs and LaChappa was not meant to kite Jason.

Gonna have to walk that claim back a bit. I used my -15% repair Speed Demon perk on Tiffany last and had multiple perfect, albeit very lengthy, repairs. Might just start using her more often now.

There's only two tiers of perks not 74235325 like the OP suggests.

Good - Medic, Thick Skin, Hypo, NoS

Crap - Everything else

If you want to waste a perk slot on Friendship be my guest, but you've made a big mistake before the match has even started.