Curious to know when people think the next patch will drop since we are now four months removed from the last patch and what do you think the patch will fix?

Also what are your top 3 high priority fixes you want fixed.

• Like 1

Knifing the car, infinite stamina and Pinehurst stairs

Nerfing Vanessa would be a bigger improvement than all of the above combined though.

• Like 2

Patches normally take about 6 months to roll out. So my guess would be sometime in July. I think they were focusing on the car issues for this patch, so I wouldn't be surprised if the only thing that got taken care of is the car glitches.

My top three things that I would like to see addressed are the car problems, Pinehurst stairs and the loss of a pocket knife when you toss fire crackers.

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Patches normally take about 6 months to roll out. So my guess would be sometime in July. I think they were focusing on the car issues for this patch, so I wouldn't be surprised if the only thing that got taken care of is the car glitches.

My top three things that I would like to see addressed are the car problems, Pinehurst stairs and the loss of a pocket knife when you toss fire crackers.

Don't forget the fuckin rock on Higgens small. Before they "patched" it, I could get up there as Jason no problem.

They need to fix the fireworks at/in the main Pinehurst house. They are sometimes just a black color so they're getting worse.

I hope they took to heart about making killing Jason harder this patch also. More mask HP and either let Jason see the Tommy tower or have all the power off and they need to fix them all for Tommy to be called.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Nerfing Vanessa

That would help also make her repair a 1 so it'd be almost impossible to repair with her or reduce her Stamina to 8.

I don't have a lot of hope really.

The game was super fun back in the day. Now its just the same old shit over and over and I know this without having played for a few months now, but I know this from previous breaks.

- Pack Small Spam- The Small maps are just cancer and feed the whole solo dolo aspect of this game far too much, the launch maps are the only well balanced ones. I would've rather they actually finished an actual NES standalone Jason than push out those lazy small maps as an excuse for content. They promoted the game with teamwork before launch, then went counter to that post launch with maps that hold the counselors hands, making teamwork irrelevant and when they do work together on the small maps, its gg Jason especially in the kill scenario. At least the launch maps and the heavily favored Jason maps like Pinehurst/Jarvis actually reward more teamwork, even if those two DLC maps make Jason play far too easy.

- Nessa/Part 3/Roy Spam - The clones, especially on counselor side really killed immersion and balance, doesn't help that so many stats are useless for counselor. Even though Resident Evil Resistance is a dead ass game, I give them kudos in design by preventing clones on survivor side AND making the timer work in the Mastermind's favor as opposed to the survivors/counselors like it is in F13. Just backwards in retrospect. On the other side, Roy and Part 3 have zero weaknesses, making for stale ass games against the same Jasons over and over. Doesn't help that certain stats have no value as Jason as a positive or negative.

- 10 perks that are useful, a handful that tip the balance of power too much in counselor favor

- Lazy rage update that did nothing but put more emphasis on killing him, even though Rage desperately needed something from what it was at launch when counselors realized they could just stun him when he blew a door down, making the whole thing REALLY silly after a while

- The private match options are great, but lets face it, with a low playerbase, who the hell is gonna play a private match and risk their Jason or Counselor getting nerfed into the ground? Likewise, adding such toggle options to quick match would only further divide an already low playerbase as everyone lobby hops until they get the options they want

- The reddit crowd acts like the game is fine or mostly favor counselor side and I feel like a bit after launch, they've catered to that crowd more often than not unfortunately

Its really just take it or leave it at this point it seems. For me, Uber Jason/Grendel/Pajamas would change nothing of what I've mentioned above either. Those are core things that had NOTHING to do with future content of the game.

• Like 1

I am guessing the next update will be the last update.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/29/2020 at 5:00 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

That would help also make her repair a 1 so it'd be almost impossible to repair with her or reduce her Stamina to 8.

It's been 3 years, they ain't changing Vanessa lol

28 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Nnn

On 5/29/2020 at 5:39 AM, tyrant666 said:

The private match options are great, but lets face it, with a low playerbase, who the hell is gonna play a private match and risk their Jason or Counselor getting nerfed into the ground? Likewise, adding such toggle options to quick match would only further divide an already low playerbase as everyone lobby hops until they get the options they want

- The reddit crowd acts like the game is fine or mostly favor counselor side and I feel like a bit after launch, they've catered to that crowd more often than not unfortunately

Its really just take it or leave it at this point it seems. For me, Uber Jason/Grendel/Pajamas would change nothing of what I've mentioned above either. Those are core things that had NOTHING to do with future content of the game.

How would a private match cause you to be nerfed? I am asking mate because I honestly don't know. I wasn't even aware that it would. Also and this is in regards to the Uber Jason. What I never understood and didn't get was how so much emphasis was put on him and yet absolutely nothing on the actual Jason that was in 90% of the movie Jason X. I mean Uber Jason only got an appearance toward the end of the movies climax for about roughly 10% of the film which was sort of a rip off if you ask me and a slap in the face to audiences. I am not saying he's not important, but in all the threads I've read online about him I've not once seen any mention of the actual version of Jason who really did star in the majority of that film. It was kind of a disappointment really.

As far as what I'd like to see in the patch. Well if they truly are not going to work on the game anymore then to me it only makes since to request that they change the game to a P2P game rather then one requiring the use of their server so everyone can still have their complete and fully playable game. And also allow the use of the Steam Workshop and modders to continue on with the progress and work on the game since the PC version can be modded anyway. That's just my take on it mates.😎

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

It's been 3 years, they ain't changing Vanessa lol

I dunno, the Rage buff was effectively a massive nerf of Chad so I don't see why they'd shy away from nerfing another original counselor. I assume they monitor user activity and would notice that Vanessa has become by far the most used counselor since the Rage buff. People who wanted to troll Jason used to have several options to actively engage him throughout the match but now you can only kite him during Rage. Lobbies definitely used to be more diverse.

Alternatively they could increase the stumble and stamina penalties for being close to Jason for too long. Anything to get rid of the endless looping of Zombie Jasons at the end of games would be welcome.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:46 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

I hope they took to heart about making killing Jason harder this patch also. More mask HP and either let Jason see the Tommy tower or have all the power off and they need to fix them all for Tommy to be called.

It's hard to say if we'll much of a change on Jason's side. It was to my understanding that the car was the main focus of the update.

Anything else we get in addition would be nice, but the car issues getting fixed will be progress in itself.

5 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

I'll say at least one more. There are some little things the players want to see, which would be a nice farewell gift.

@KOOLLAYDTAC, many of us have asked that P2P be an option when the servers eventually shut down, along with client-side profile access. As for mod support on the PC end, I have my doubts on that one.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, KOOLLAYDTAC said:

change the game to a P2P game rather then one requiring the use of their server so everyone can still have their complete and fully playable game.

That sounds good in theory,BUT peer to peer means there has to be a host  and if the host rage quits unless there is host migration it's match over.That was a major issue on consoles and why we got the engine upgrade instead of Jason X,Grendle,and other DLC content as they didn't have time to do both.The engine upgrade made dedicated servers possible for console players. Peer to Peer even with host migration would depend on  how good of internet the host  and everyone else has also which means lag issues and if you ever played as Jason with over 100 ms it is not real fun as throwing knives are pretty much useless. It's better than nothing but not looking forward to it.

Hopefully a Jason Rage nerf since it completely screwed the balance of the game over. I sure do enjoy seeing Vanessas in every lobby or having a 10x harder time surviving as an AJ main. :^)

Adding the console-exclusive clothing to PC would be nice too. It's not a new thing and it is in the files, so why not just say "Fixed an issue that prevented some clothing to appear on the PC version of the game."

The game is kind of dead with only the loyal players remaining, so I see no reason to not add those clothes along with the DLC clothes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, WhateverIGuess said:

Hopefully a Jason Rage nerf

It may get tweaked like allowing flare guns and fireworks to be effective again but it is here to stay.Matt has made this clear many times the rage "buff" is NOT getting removed.

14 hours ago, WhateverIGuess said:

Hopefully a Jason Rage nerf since it completely screwed the balance of the game over. I sure do enjoy seeing Vanessas in every lobby or having a 10x harder time surviving as an AJ main. :^)

Adding the console-exclusive clothing to PC would be nice too. It's not a new thing and it is in the files, so why not just say "Fixed an issue that prevented some clothing to appear on the PC version of the game."

The game is kind of dead with only the loyal players remaining, so I see no reason to not add those clothes along with the DLC clothes.

Probably should be tweaked towards firecrackers or stun guns being able to stun Jason during rage. Fair enough with the melee attacks not stunning but just the shotgun is a bit limited plus the counter argument to it is to do objectives and play the game how it was intended but i don't know if i'ts just me but a( It's impossible to find a private game with friends and b( Id say 95% of games have new players or players who have the fuse or the keys and don't use them at all until they're either dead and Jason has rage or they escape in the car/boat and the parts wash up on the shore.

If it was pre rage buff days, it wouldn't be an issue but let's face it, it's hard enough surviving with a competent Jason when you can't stun him as it is trying to fix the fuse or repair the car when his on you and there's no way to stun him. I used to be criticized the rage buff but now if tweaked properly can be a good thing for the game but i feel the shotgun is too limited as the only thing to stun him (sub context).

If they made it strictly timer based and not damage based I think would help the balance a bit so anyone can go beat the crap out of him and not get him in rage any faster than X amount of time. I wouldn't have a issue with fireworks or flare guns either.Problem is nobody could agree what the X amount of time should be. I think it is close to 15 minutes if Jason absolutely takes no damage at all currently. I'd have to test against 1 bot just to see unless someone has already.

I still don't understand how physics work in unreal. But I know in something like unity. You could have physics collision matrix, and anything tagged "Car" wouldn't collide with something tagged "knife" I don't see how the fuck it's such a hard thing to do here. Make it so the knife passes through the damn car, or the knife is destroyed on impact with the car, so it can't actually hit a counselor inside. WTF is going on with the development team? This really shouldn't be that hard of a thing to do for anyone that's ever coded anything game related. It's one damn object that causes a problem. It should not take months to fix. it should be super simple. I don't care if it's one guy. He would be able to figure it out with the source code in little time. It's really obnoxious at this point.

23 hours ago, WhateverIGuess said:

When a player can't find a match at all, then it may be considered "dead". I'd like to look at it as "undead" for now.

38 minutes ago, Mdw22 said:

I still don't understand how physics work in unreal. But I know in something like unity. You could have physics collision matrix, and anything tagged "Car" wouldn't collide with something tagged "knife" I don't see how the fuck it's such a hard thing to do here. Make it so the knife passes through the damn car, or the knife is destroyed on impact with the car, so it can't actually hit a counselor inside. WTF is going on with the development team? This really shouldn't be that hard of a thing to do for anyone that's ever coded anything game related. It's one damn object that causes a problem. It should not take months to fix. it should be super simple. I don't care if it's one guy. He would be able to figure it out with the source code in little time. It's really obnoxious at this point.

From what we've been told, fixing one thing seems to affect other things. If bugs were as easy to fix as one might presume, the game would be a lot less chaotic, fixes would be much faster, and we could have gotten more content along the way. As I'm not a professional coder, I don't begin to ever assume the problems are so easily fixed. Keep in mind that the fixes are being done by an outside party. Cleaning up something done by someone else rarely goes as planned it would seem. If you have a potential fix that could make things faster, I'm sure the team would appreciate any help they could get.

As far as when the next patch comes about, we hopefully could hear something in the next couple weeks.

• Like 2

Tonight I was knife glitched right at the exit after sacrificing myself to fix the Tommy box and then getting the car going & leaving after multiple stuns/escapes on Jason. I can't count how many times this glitch has ruined my games. This was an extreme example but usually a lobby will just be left totally vulnerable and picked off one by one by these cheaters after the car has been destroyed. Knife glitching the car should be the number one priority for the next patch.

And of course the knife glitcher was a 150. Never taunted him or engaged with him at all really. He just couldn't handle being beaten fair and square. :sadchappa:

That is the main glitch supposedly getting fixed this patch,the question is are there going to be any side affects like there tends to be every time a major bug is fixed.

On 5/30/2020 at 4:50 PM, Fair Play said:

It's hard to say if we'll much of a change on Jason's side. It was to my understanding that the car was the main focus of the update.

Anything else we get in addition would be nice, but the car issues getting fixed will be progress in itself.

I'll say at least one more. There are some little things the players want to see, which would be a nice farewell gift.

@KOOLLAYDTAC, many of us have asked that P2P be an option when the servers eventually shut down, along with client-side profile access. As for mod support on the PC end, I have my doubts on that one.

I know I said I wasn't gonna post no more after a bit of silliness with the devs on the Steam forums, but I don't want to be rude either and not respond. I honestly have serous doubts in regards to mod support as well. Even more so especially after I answered a question in regards to a Youtube video explaining what one was and actually advised against using it and if they were going to use it then lock it down basically where it doesn't connect with the official servers. To me that was basically saying do not essentially do anything you should not be doing. I'll be darned if the post didn't get deleted and I didn't get a dev warning/message out right accusing me of eliciting and prompting illegal content. Sufficed to say I as politely as I could given how out right angry I was at the time went off with a nice little warning of my very own in the message. Since I did not hear anything back I will consider the matter closed as for me personally on my end as it really is not open for debate or discussion if I get falsely accused of something again. I am from the I can show you better then I can tell you generation so best they just don't poke the bear anymore and let that sleeping dog lay mate. lol 😎

The point of sharing this little story is the message I received out of that little experience is that the likeliness of any future mod support for this game will not be happening. The message they also sent to me out of that is that they still do hold the reigns a bit to tight in regards to the game. So I don't really see myself enjoying the game to it's fullest potential outside of private matches and playing against offline bots. That experience pretty much killed my interest in doing the online portion of it as I don't feel like I or anyone for that matter should have to walk on egg shells and worry about their Steam account potentially being messed with when playing any online game and record my game play sessions of every single match just to cover myself on the off chance I might have an issue down the road. Honestly if I hadn't already played past the 2 hour trial limit I would have refunded on the spot and said thanks, but no thanks. Best of luck with that. lol That's just way entirely to much drama for me mate. lol😎

On 5/31/2020 at 8:18 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

That sounds good in theory,BUT peer to peer means there has to be a host  and if the host rage quits unless there is host migration it's match over.That was a major issue on consoles and why we got the engine upgrade instead of Jason X,Grendle,and other DLC content as they didn't have time to do both.The engine upgrade made dedicated servers possible for console players. Peer to Peer even with host migration would depend on  how good of internet the host  and everyone else has also which means lag issues and if you ever played as Jason with over 100 ms it is not real fun as throwing knives are pretty much useless. It's better than nothing but not looking forward to it.

I get that. I do. They could also set it up where if a Jason rage quits then a random player becomes Jason giving anyone who died already first dibs on it. Similar to how they did with Tommy and that person becomes the new host. That solves that issue. I can't recall which games exactly, but there have been some out there that do something similar to that. I am not saying P2P wouldn't have it's issues, but at the end of the day it is more of a matter of which is the worst scenario? The servers going offline and being stuck with only the starting unlocks or converting it to P2P where you get to keep everything you worked for and earned? I'd choose the latter despite all it's issues mate. That's just me.😎

Some might even argue it'll make the game more hackable or modifiable. Well it obviously already is. So that entire argument is already thrown out the window as that ship as already obviously sailed. The only thing that it really changes is they are not wasting any more time and resources to having to play police and let the anti-cheat system actually do it's job. And to be entirely honest and this is to their benefit it is not really fair that they should have to maintain and host servers for a game they are no longer going to be allowed produce new content for. It really is kind of a mute point for them to hold the reigns so tight on it anymore and just not go on ahead and convert it to P2P as well as opening it up to mod support and call it a day. It makes no type of sense what so ever at all as it saves them money in the long run for them and would more then likely increase game sales again which makes them even more money. That's what you call a win, win scenario mate. Of course that just uses business common sense and as I can see that is something not used very often when it comes to this game sadly. So it is what it is mate.😎

What I actually see happening and I hope this prediction is wrong, but I seldom am not wrong when it comes to things like this is they'll wait until the very last minute when they don't have the time or the resources to devote and do such a conversion and when the servers finally do shut down everyone will be left holding the bag. Which at that point the game will become dust in the wind if not another emulator fan project if the interest is even high enough there in the first place. Which is fine for the PC gamers, but it really does hurt our fellow console gamers out there. Not really a Pandora's box I want to personally see open up with this game and as quick as they are to toss false accusations out while ignoring actual facts I am sure they don't want it to happen either mate. So I really do hope they take head and plan ahead before that time comes and they do right by everybody. Only time will tell. So we'll see mate. 😎