I seriously love playing this great game as the turquoise and purple colored NES Jason! :D It is so much damn fun! :D I didn't think that I would like it as much as I do now. Who else here loves playing as him?

i used to love putting all the crotch chopin moves with the pig splitter as nintendo jason. id also give him the "spread em" grab move & the bear hug. that way, he is the ultimate pervert.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

i used to love putting all the crotch chopin moves with the pig splitter as nintendo jason. id also give him the "spread em" grab move & the bear hug. that way, he is the ultimate pervert.

I split Tiffany and Jenny, two-hand choke AJ, Deb & Victoria and do the crotch/head chop for Vanessa & most of the fellas. I reserve the throat slit for Shelly and early match outdoor grabs. Leg chop is good for irritating runners. I wish we could have more than 4 kills at a time.

And I see a lot of Retro Jasons on PS4. Definitely a popular Jason.

If I didn't  I would not have 3 NECA figures of him. Retro is fun! He's harder to see in the dark and music is quieter and like the original theme. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eva Watanabe said:

I split Tiffany and Jenny, two-hand choke AJ, Deb & Victoria and do the crotch/head chop for Vanessa & most of the fellas. I reserve the throat slit for Shelly and early match outdoor grabs. Leg chop is good for irritating runners. I wish we could have more than 4 kills at a time.

aw yes, a kill to match the victom. i knew i liked you. well done.

i agree, 4 moves just isnt enough for the man of 1000 kills, jason voorhees. it would be awesome if 3 of the 4 kills would have a "2nd string" where once you performed a kill in that slot, the slot would replace it with another selection you had placed in your "2nd string". i say 3 of the 4 because youd want one of them to stay the same for a quick kill situation. like head punch or choke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

If I didn't  I would not have 3 NECA figures of him. Retro is fun! He's harder to see in the dark and music is quieter and like the original theme. 

I've never encountered NES Jason as a counselor. So his music when he's coming towards a counselor sounds like the NES game Jason music? 

13 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

I've never encountered NES Jason as a counselor. So his music when he's coming towards a counselor sounds like the NES game Jason music? 

Yes. It's awesome.

• Like 1

Sounds pretty good. Is this the music for the whole map when there's an NES Jason in the match? Or is this just Jason's music for when he's on screen? 

2 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

Sounds pretty good. Is this the music for the whole map when there's an NES Jason in the match? Or is this just Jason's music for when he's on screen? 

Just what the counselors hear when he’s near them. Same applies to all the other Jason themes.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

Its quieter when approaching counselors. It's a track synthwave artist Mitch Murder did for the game and it contains a hint of the original NES theme in it.

Did they ever say why they went with Part 3 Jason for the NES skin instead of Part 6 Jason like in the NES game or even Part 4 Jason? I was just curious because I never found anything on it in regards to that. Thanks in advance.🙂

22 hours ago, KOOLLAYDTAC said:

Did they ever say why they went with Part 3 Jason for the NES skin instead of Part 6 Jason like in the NES game or even Part 4 Jason? I was just curious because I never found anything on it in regards to that. Thanks in advance.🙂

My guess ( and this is just a guess) is they used part 3 as the base because the NES skin was a kind of "thanks for hanging in there" during all the hiccups at launch. Everyone starts with Part 3 and Roy and they wanted everyone to have NES Jason without having to "earn" him. Since part 3 is the first "true" Jason that's available upon start, it would make since to use him as the base for NES.

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

My guess ( and this is just a guess) is they used part 3 as the base because the NES skin was a kind of "thanks for hanging in there" during all the hiccups at launch. Everyone starts with Part 3 and Roy and they wanted everyone to have NES Jason without having to "earn" him. Since part 3 is the first "true" Jason that's available upon start, it would make since to use him as the base for NES.

That makes sense. Thanks mate. I don't know why, but I thought for some reason they would have had the skin option on at least those three Jason's meaning Parts 3, 4, and 6. I just happened to notice it was only on Part 3 recently after I starting looking at all the ones I had unlocked so far. Not that it was a super big deal or anything because after all what's a Friday the 13th. without at least one movie mistake in the game? lol 😁

On 5/27/2020 at 6:43 AM, KOOLLAYDTAC said:

Part 7 was the NES game. Supposedly, they got the color for NES Jason from an old Japanese movie poster from part 3 which just so happened to show a purple colored Jason with a turquoise mask. Apparently thats the only image they had to go by, hence purple Jason in the NES game.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:25 AM, Redcat345 said:

Ah, I see you are a man of taste. I have a couple figures of the guy.

20191213-090119.jpg

I used NES Jason a lot back when I was really into the game. I'd go back and forth with him and Savini.

As for what flick he's based on, that's a grey area. Work started on the game around Part 7, released the year of Part 8. The illustration of Jason in the manual is of Roy, do that's weird. As for the color, I don't know if the Part 3 poster was the basis for it. I'd like to think that the movies made their way to Japan where they couod see the more standard coloration for Jason. Maybe they just wanted to be wacky. I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dogmatic said:

20191213-090119.jpg

I used NES Jason a lot back when I was really into the game. I'd go back and forth with him and Savini.

As for what flick he's based on, that's a grey area. Work started on the game around Part 7, released the year of Part 8. The illustration of Jason in the manual is of Roy, do that's weird. As for the color, I don't know if the Part 3 poster was the basis for it. I'd like to think that the movies made their way to Japan where they couod see the more standard coloration for Jason. Maybe they just wanted to be wacky. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Here is the backstory to answer your question! https://halloweenlove.com/nintendos-jason-voorhees-from-oddity-to-icon/

On 5/28/2020 at 3:41 PM, Somethin Cool said:

Part 7 was the NES game. Supposedly, they got the color for NES Jason from an old Japanese movie poster from part 3 which just so happened to show a purple colored Jason with a turquoise mask. Apparently thats the only image they had to go by, hence purple Jason in the NES game.

Thanks mate. I never knew that. I must be having a Mandela Effect thing going on here or something. I for some reason always thought I had the game already when Part 7 was released in theaters. I guess I must have gotten it afterwards then. Just like I could have swore he had always had the cut in the mask in the game like it does with the introduction screen of it, but when I went to Google images of it I don't see the cut anymore. So it's kind of weird to me right now. lol Honestly the other reason I though it was based off of Part 6 was because of having to save the children in the cabins the whole time during the game. F13 Part 6 was the only movie to ever have had cabins full of kids like that. I did notice when I Googled it up the introduction screen image I found of the cut in the mask is on the wrong side if I am not mistaken and I didn't remember that and the box cover I totally forgot looks like Part 7 Jason so that would make sense. I must be getting old. lol Anyway thanks again for the reminder mate. lol 😎

32 minutes ago, KOOLLAYDTAC said:

Thanks mate. I never knew that. I must be having a Mandela Effect thing going on here or something. I for some reason always thought I had the game already when Part 7 was released in theaters. I guess I must have gotten it afterwards then. Just like I could have swore he had always had the cut in the mask in the game like it does with the introduction screen of it, but when I went to Google images of it I don't see the cut anymore. So it's kind of weird to me right now. lol Honestly the other reason I though it was based off of Part 6 was because of having to save the children in the cabins the whole time during the game. F13 Part 6 was the only movie to ever have had cabins full of kids like that. I did notice when I Googled it up the introduction screen image I found of the cut in the mask is on the wrong side if I am not mistaken and I didn't remember that and the box cover I totally forgot looks like Part 7 Jason so that would make sense. I must be getting old. lol Anyway thanks again for the reminder mate. lol 😎

The intro screen mask image is obbased on the Final Chapter poster/VHS cover which inexplicably was mirrored, making the axe cut on yhe wrong side.

3 hours ago, Dogmatic said:

The intro screen mask image is obbased on the Final Chapter poster/VHS cover which inexplicably was mirrored, making the axe cut on yhe wrong side.

Ah ya your right. I totally forgot about that. lol Thanks mate. Awesome collection by the way.😎

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dogmatic said:

Yeah I have a wallpaper image of the Final Chapter mask with the knife through the eye that was used in the intro of the NES game but I flipped the image so the axe mark is on the correct side.

On 5/29/2020 at 10:47 AM, Dogmatic said:

I know the article well, that's me who painted the figure.

The devs might have based it off the figures your custom figure spawned,  congratulations!😁

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2020 at 7:08 PM, Dogmatic said:

20191213-090119.jpg

HOLY! That's quite the collection there but i love it!😎

• Thanks 1