odista2000

Winning the Game: Skill, Luck or a Combo of the Two Poll

Winning the Game: Skill, Luck or a Combo of the Two Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think winning the Friday the 13th game is a matter of skill, luck or some combination of the two?

• It's all skill
    • There's some luck, but it's mostly skill
    • About half skill and luck
    • There's some skill, but it's mostly luck
    • It's all luck

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/22/2021 at 04:00 PM

It's definitely a mixture of both luck and skill, though I favor mostly skill and a little luck as my answer.  Luck because your initial spawn location (especially on small maps) may or may not yield you items that are useful for surviving/escaping before everything else gets searched by other counselors. However, you definitely need skill to accomplish your goal (whether it be escaping or surviving) if you're going to have a Jason who is keeping an eye on objectives and/or chasing you.  You can have all the items in the world, but if you don't know how to play it smart, you'll die quickly.

This is a game of both luck and skill. You have to have luck to find good loot to survive and you need loot to survive against a decent Jason. And you have to have good skills to

i’d also say that to survive In this game it is more based on playing smart rather than luck or skill. So it’s a good mix between luck, skill, and intelligence. I say smarts is a big thing because you could be a very skilled player but all it takes is one dumb mistake that gets you killed. 

• Like 1

Pfff wanna survive? Main Vanessa, Palomino or Chad in Higgins haven or Jarvis house with the right perks and you're a damn unstoppable deer, you can outrun any Jason and recover stamina faster than any enraged Jason can recharge skills, not to mention except for the trap bear animation all counselors get back to an idle state faster than any Jason taking damage before  getting rage sooooooooooooooo lets talk about skill in such a crappy game

That's why I didn't even bothered voting, there is no contest, first it is you vs crappy mechanics, second you vs lag, third you vs exploits / bugs (which this game have tons of) and THEN you can start talking about skill

Need a bit of luck with spawn location, finding items in draws etc, where Jason spawns. After the first few minutes more skill, getting items, fixing things, setting up traps. Once Jason is in rage mode need some skill to stay on the run and survive especially if not using Vanessa. Also choosing the right perk set up. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 11:20 AM, Deano78 said:

Need a bit of luck with spawn location, finding items in draws etc, where Jason spawns. After the first few minutes more skill, getting items, fixing things, setting up traps. Once Jason is in rage mode need some skill to stay on the run and survive especially if not using Vanessa. Also choosing the right perk set up. 

This sums it up in a nutshell.

In F13 a "Win" to me is not escaping.  A win to me is having a fun time during the match.   And what makes it fun is a fun lobby.  And to get a fun lobby you need luck.  

• Like 1

It's entirely luck whether or not you spawn exactly where Jason is going to first teleport. Beyond the first few minutes, I say it becomes more and more about each person's skill and the group's cohesion.

4 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

In F13 a "Win" to me is not escaping.  A win to me is having a fun time during the match.   And what makes it fun is a fun lobby.  And to get a fun lobby you need luck.  

That's about right

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It's entirely luck whether or not you spawn exactly where Jason is going to first teleport. Beyond the first few minutes, I say it becomes more and more about each person's skill and the group's cohesion.

I agree. If you spawn next to the fuse box,  it's a pretty good chance you're right by Jason's first target. You might get lucky and have a Jason who ignores counselors at first, or you might get one who will take the time to chase after you and leave you with no time to search.  Or you might spawn in BFE, find a shotgun and PK quickly, and have time to get your mojo going. Strictly a roll of the dice.  Cheers and game on, my friends 

Luck is needed early on when searching for stuff. I don't really consider spawning next to the phone box a bad draw though. Jason is so under-powered at the start of the match you can literally walk away from him if he teleports next to you to trap the phone, and if you're running thick skin the happy-knifers are far less threatening.

A bad-luck spawn is when you start the match in the middle of nowhere, conveniently dropped just out of reach of cabins that other counselors are either already in, or much closer to than you are. I hate that sh*t.