Jump to content
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

If No-Stun Rage was Jason-Specific, which should have it?

Recommended Posts

On 5/14/2020 at 10:29 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Let's rewind the clock and pretend there was a variant of Rage, say +Rage, that features the stunless Rage mode we currently have, but it was only on some Jasons. Which Jasons would this most suit?

I'd give such a benefit to the -Trap Jasons.

On 5/14/2020 at 1:31 PM, aurllcooljay said:

I'd give it to a Jason with horrible stats, such as -shift,-morph, and can't run. Only Jason that would've qualified is Part 7 before he was buffed.

Those were some different times.

On 5/14/2020 at 4:40 PM, DorianRo said:

A F13 game where its more fun and less frustrating being a counselor.  Yea..  Doesn't make sense.  Being Jason should be the ultimate fun.  Yet its the ultimate annoyance.

Being Jason is less fun to some than others. A change to make him a bit more terrifying wouldn't hurt.

19 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

. Looking back, the clones concept absolutely killed counselor side play. Why have 14 counselors when you allow people to play 7 of the same meta over and over? Resident Evil Resistance designed their survivors much better in that regard. No clones, each character having a purpose and its own level system, etc. Healers, brawlers, tech characters, lore characters, etc. Even though I have my own issues with that game as well. Since nobody gave it a chance out of the gate, its basically already dead at launch with 1000 players on PC, so if you are new on either side and you play against a high perk survivor team or high perk mastermind, its already over unless that side is just bad. Then add in playing a high perk AND high skilled survivor team or Mastermind? Game is over 5 minutes in against a Mastermind and the Survivor side will have plenty of time to spare by the 3rd area. So adding ranked matchmaking in a game with only around 1000 players is not feasible or sensible really.

The formula for RE Resistance works pretty well. I enjoy the lack of doubles among the survivors.

There are little tweaks I'd make in the game, but overall it's not bad.

13 hours ago, HuDawg said:

In this game.  Both Jason and Counselors can trade melee attacks and Jason can end up falling down on his ass, while the counselor barely flinches and only loses some health.

I've never been a fan of that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I'd give such a benefit to the -Trap Jasons.

I don't think that's necessarily good enough reason to give it to them. I can imagine how it would fit with part 9 just because of how beast he was but Part 7 was taken out by a floating couch and a swinging light fixture.

 

16 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

In part 8 Jason was a beast, he got shot several times with a pistol and just kept walking towards that thug, if it were the game he would’ve fallen on his back after the first shot. That’s enough right there to show he should get the rage buff. And in part 7 if it wasn’t for Tina’s powers a simple gun shot or weapon wouldn’t have done much. 

No it's not, because we don't use pistols in this game. Flare gun isn't a firearm btw.

 

16 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

Trust me, the human running Jasons in this game just jogs, they don't really run.

If that's what you think then you don't run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Well unfortunately he fell down in the movies, usually after getting hit by a girl, so now we're stuck with it. My only advice is stop being so grab happy. If there's more than one, don't grab. Pretty simple really.

 Its not just about grabs.  Its melee attacks too.    

I mean, I don't remember any part in the movies where Jason chops someone with an axe, then after getting hit, the counselor hits him with a bat..  Jason falls down and the counselor runs away.

This is one of the most flawed mechanics in the game.

Id be cool with Jason falling down, if counselors also fell down after getting hit.     Now I know they won't add any new animations for counselors.  But at the very least, a disarm of counselors would be the easiest thing to implement.  This would basically make it so it came down to who landed the 1st hit.  And remove the RAGE stun immunity.

This would basically kill off that mentality of "Im gonna hit Jason no matter what'.  Jason hits you 1st,  weapon drops.  You hit Jason 1st, Jason drops.   And no more Jason hits me, and I hit Jason right back and Jason drops.

Get into a battle with a group of Counselors? Well now Jason could now actually pick his targets, disarm them and camp their weapons and fight them off.  Instead of a bunch of counselors ganging up on him, tanking hits and attacking him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I don't think that's necessarily good enough reason to give it to them. I can imagine how it would fit with part 9 just because of how beast he was but Part 7 was taken out by a floating couch and a swinging light fixture.

I never said it was a good reason. I just said I would give that ability to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 8:18 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

No it's not, because we don't use pistols in this game. Flare gun isn't a firearm btw..

It’s still fair to compare a pistol to a shotgun in this because it is still a live round either way. Even if we don’t use pistols in the game.  

no I thought a flare gun was like just like a pistol 🤨😂 thanks for the info 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched The Final Chapter again last night and I had totally forgotten that Jason gets knocked out for almost a full minute after Trish bashes his head with a TV. Guess Part 4 Jason is disqualified from the Rage buff. :JasonPt4:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Just watched The Final Chapter again last night and I had totally forgotten that Jason gets knocked out for almost a full minute after Trish bashes his head with a TV. Guess Part 4 Jason is disqualified from the Rage buff. :JasonPt4:

And the fact he got defeated by a little kid to lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 15, 2020 at 7:52 AM, DontZzz34 said:

That’s a whole different thing, she has telekinetic powers. No camp counselor In the f13 game has that. 

Human Jason in Parts 2, 3 and 4 got his ass kicked pretty good by Ginny, Chris and Trish. They were the movie equivalent of an annoying trolling Vanessa from the game -- getting in a shot or two to buy time and stun him, and then running away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

Human Jason in Parts 2, 3 and 4 got his ass kicked pretty good by Ginny, Chris and Trish. They were the movie equivalent of an annoying trolling Vanessa from the game -- getting in a shot or two to buy time and stun him, and then running away.

Yeah I know they put in work on Jason in the movies. But it’s nothing like a trolling Vanessa player. With all the teabagging and stun and dance shit is nothing like the movies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Just watched The Final Chapter again last night and I had totally forgotten that Jason gets knocked out for almost a full minute after Trish bashes his head with a TV. Guess Part 4 Jason is disqualified from the Rage buff. :JasonPt4:

Nah man, that's what triggered rage mode! He was immune to Trish's hammer later, except for the claw end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Nah man, that's what triggered rage mode! He was immune to Trish's hammer later, except for the claw end.

She hammered at him with the hammer before she stunned him with the tv 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

She hammered at him with the hammer before she stunned him with the tv 

Ok then that further supports me because he didn't get stunned after the tv lol.

Perhaps a TV is like the shotgun in that it's a more powerful attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Ok then that further supports me because he didn't get stunned after the tv lol.

Perhaps a TV is like the shotgun in that it's a more powerful attack.

You give me shit for comparing part 8 getting shot several times with a pistol and how he kept walking and you thought that was wrong since a pistol isn’t in the game. But now you’re going to compare a TV to a shotgun? Lol and since when do counselors use tv’s to stun Jason in the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

You give me shit for comparing part 8 getting shot several times with a pistol and how he kept walking and you thought that was wrong since a pistol isn’t in the game. But now you’re going to compare a TV to a shotgun? Lol and since when do counselors use tv’s to stun Jason in the game?

"Give you shit"? Really? I didn't berate you. I stated my disagreement.

Force = mass x acceleration so a heavy tv smashed onto someone's head can equal the force of a shotgun, it's just spread over a wider area. A shotgun only has about as much force as a punch, it's just focused into the size of bullets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

"Give you shit"? Really? I didn't berate you. I stated my disagreement.

Force = mass x acceleration so a heavy tv smashed onto someone's head can equal the force of a shotgun, it's just spread over a wider area. A shotgun only has about as much force as a punch, it's just focused into the size of bullets.

Well a pistol and shotgun both put out a great deal of deadly force. They obviously have their differences but it’s a lot more fair of a comparison than a shotgun and TV lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Well a pistol and shotgun both put out a great deal of deadly force. They obviously have their differences but it’s a lot more fair of a comparison than a shotgun and TV lol 

Well a TV also has electricity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...