VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

If No-Stun Rage was Jason-Specific, which should have it?

Let's rewind the clock and pretend there was a variant of Rage, say +Rage, that features the stunless Rage mode we currently have, but it was only on some Jasons. Which Jasons would this most suit?

I believe Part 4, Part 6, and Jason X would be the best candidates. Jason X for obvious reasons but Jason was pretty beast in the climaxes of Parts 4 and 6.

I like this idea. 4 and 6 are good choices; I'd include Part 8 as well but he's already very strong. The baseline could be a 50% stun chance reduction during Rage and you could also give a few Jasons -Rage (25% stun chance reduction). Parts 3 and 5 would be good candidates given that they're currently very strong in the game but get knocked on their asses at the ends of their respective films.

I'd give it to a Jason with horrible stats, such as -shift,-morph, and can't run. Only Jason that would've qualified is Part 7 before he was buffed.

He doesn't just get stunned. A gust of wind knocks him on his rear  Thats always been the problem with this game.  Jason is  Cinderella in a mask.

The only way Jason should be knocked is if he gets hit from all angles at once A timed group hit.  One girl with a baseball shouldn't knock him down.  And if you refuse to fix this, then give him back his force grab.  Or let him get rage earlier in the game.

A F13 game where its more fun and less frustrating being a counselor.  Yea..  Doesn't make sense.  Being Jason should be the ultimate fun.  Yet its the ultimate annoyance.

2 hours ago, DorianRo said:

He doesn't just get stunned. A gust of wind knocks him on his rear  Thats always been the problem with this game.  Jason is  Cinderella in a mask.

The only way Jason should be knocked is if he gets hit from all angles at once A timed group hit.  One girl with a baseball shouldn't knock him down.  And if you refuse to fix this, then give him back his force grab.  Or let him get rage earlier in the game.

A F13 game where its more fun and less frustrating being a counselor.  Yea..  Doesn't make sense.  Being Jason should be the ultimate fun.  Yet its the ultimate annoyance.

Everything here has been stated by someone already and already been given plenty of rebuttals. The Grab is exactly where it needs to be. Individual counselors need to be able to stun Jason. Otherwise, people will just quit when Jason even gets near them because they'll know they're screwed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I hate this train of thought. Some things definitely need to be tweaked, but Jason shouldn't be unbeatable. 

Getting knocked on your back is good punishment for grabbing when you should have slashed. Leave the mechanics alone before they really get ruined.

Ah I remember when you did that nice revamp write up with Rage tied into it.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

That was a nice thread.

Given what the rage idea end up being though, both before it got changed and now. It wouldn't really be a huge strength in my book given the easiest win condition is killing him, which makes Rage basically useless in that regard. Unless the whole concept was tweaked in a different way that tied into making it more difficult to kill him right away. Not 3 minutes into the match, not 5 matches into the match, not 15 minutes into the match...right away and given the way they 'designed' his gameplay as a 'make him stronger as it goes' game. They wouldn't give him that shield to start at all.

Its just basic really. Then I come here and read about people being client side hacked to lose their perks, etc and it just makes me not want to come back to the game. Under no circumstances should that be a thing, but it is apparently. Might as well close the doors if it can't be fixed for PC players. If the one guy they have working on the game at Black Tower Studios can't prevent that kind of thing, then it might be time to close the doors. 

Looking back, the clones concept absolutely killed counselor side play. Why have 14 counselors when you allow people to play 7 of the same meta over and over? Resident Evil Resistance designed their survivors much better in that regard. No clones, each character having a purpose and its own level system, etc. Healers, brawlers, tech characters, lore characters, etc. Even though I have my own issues with that game as well. Since nobody gave it a chance out of the gate, its basically already dead at launch with 1000 players on PC, so if you are new on either side and you play against a high perk survivor team or high perk mastermind, its already over unless that side is just bad. Then add in playing a high perk AND high skilled survivor team or Mastermind? Game is over 5 minutes in against a Mastermind and the Survivor side will have plenty of time to spare by the 3rd area. So adding ranked matchmaking in a game with only around 1000 players is not feasible or sensible really.

@tyrant666 F13 has had twins before though, so mayyybe if we wanted to put some kind of limit then maybe 2 of each counselor, or somehow 2 on 1 counselor and no one else can be a twin of another counselor.

Then again 7 clones does gimp the players for whatever poor stats that counselor has.

Part 6-9 for obvious reasons, they’re the zombie Jasons. They’re simply more powerful than the other Jason’s

3 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Part 6-9 for obvious reasons, they’re the zombie Jasons. They’re simply more powerful than the other Jason’s

Tina beat the shit out of Jason in Part VII.

1 minute ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Tina beat the shit out of Jason in Part VII.

That’s a whole different thing, she has telekinetic powers. No camp counselor In the f13 game has that. 

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

That’s a whole different thing, she has telekinetic powers. No camp counselor In the f13 game has that. 

That’s true but I’d still be more inclined to give Part 4 a rage buff over Part 7. I’d want it to reflect how unstoppable the Jason is at the business end of his film.

Then again just giving a rage buff to all the zombie Jasons might be a simple compensation for their inability to run.

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

That's not good enough. In Parts 7 and 8, Jason got stunned a number of times, and in the climaxes too.

Not to mention having the majority of Jasons have this power is balance-breaking.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The zombie Jason's should've been given the gift of running even if it's not movie accurate. And the human running Jasons in this game should be given the gift of sprinting because all they do now is jog.

23 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That's not good enough. In Parts 7 and 8, Jason got stunned a number of times, and in the climaxes too.

Not to mention having the majority of Jasons have this power is balance-breaking.

Jason is pretty invulnerable for most of Part 8 IIRC. He lets Julius punch him and gets hit by a car but I can’t think of any other abuse he took in that one until Rennie throws toxic waste (lol) on him at the end.

He also walks right through a wall and tosses the huge cook clear across the room at the end of Part 8. Good candidate for a Rage buff IMO.

12 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Getting knocked on your back is good punishment for grabbing when you should have slashed. Leave the mechanics alone before they really get ruined.

The mechanics are already borked.   

Jason should never be knocked down unless its by a gun.

In this game.  Both Jason and Counselors can trade melee attacks and Jason can end up falling down on his ass, while the counselor barely flinches and only loses some health.

At worst.  Jason should only be dazed for a few seconds on his feet.    Counselors at the very least, be disarmed when melee attacked by Jason.  This would mean both sides are equally are being punished for whiffing attacks.

As it stands, theres really no punishment for melee attacking Jason with counselors besides loss of health.  This is why groups of players can take advantage of this mechanic..   Which is also prolonged by perks and med sprays. And this is why we ended up with Jason being stun proof while in rage mode.

1 hour ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Jason is pretty invulnerable for most of Part 8 IIRC. He lets Julius punch him and gets hit by a car but I can’t think of any other abuse he took in that one until Rennie throws toxic waste (lol) on him at the end.

He also walks right through a wall and tosses the huge cook clear across the room at the end of Part 8. Good candidate for a Rage buff IMO.

Julius had no weapons. You can't use your fists in this game ;).

Strength isn't durability or stun resistance. Different stat. Part 8 Jason got knocked down by a car and was out for a good 3 minutes or so.

Other than that, he didn't really get hit much in that movie, so you can't say he's stun resistant.

1 hour ago, Jason Lover said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The zombie Jason's should've been given the gift of running even if it's not movie accurate. And the human running Jasons in this game should be given the gift of sprinting because all they do now is jog.

No, they run. People make the mistake of confusing sprinting for running, and confusing jogging for running. Jogging is like, as slow as you can possibly be before you revert to walking(body still airborne mid-stride). Running is like 40-60% of your max sprint speed, the mid-range.

I'm sure even zombie Jason could run if he really really really wanted to, in canon, but he just doesn't want to. But this game is meant to represent what occurs in the movies in a generalized way. Zombie Jason never ran, so that's the end of it.

Sprinting Jasons would murder the player population faster than the real player dropoff in the game. The game would have been dead in 2 weekends. Counselors need a modicum of hope of surviving. With sprinting Jasons, there is zero hope. People don't enjoy games they always lose.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

worst.  Jason should only be dazed for a few seconds on his feet.    Counselors at the very least, be disarmed when melee attacked by Jason.  This would mean both sides are equally are being punished for whiffing attacks.

A better option would be increasing the damage done to counselor weapon durability when Jason blocks an attack. Reward proper combat behavior.

5 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

That’s true but I’d still be more inclined to give Part 4 a rage buff over Part 7. I’d want it to reflect how unstoppable the Jason is at the business end of his film.

Then again just giving a rage buff to all the zombie Jasons might be a simple compensation for their inability to run.

I can see ur point you have. 

5 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

In part 8 Jason was a beast, he got shot several times with a pistol and just kept walking towards that thug, if it were the game he would’ve fallen on his back after the first shot. That’s enough right there to show he should get the rage buff. And in part 7 if it wasn’t for Tina’s powers a simple gun shot or weapon wouldn’t have done much. 

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Julius had no weapons. You can't use your fists in this game ;).

Strength isn't durability or stun resistance. Different stat. Part 8 Jason got knocked down by a car and was out for a good 3 minutes or so.

Other than that, he didn't really get hit much in that movie, so you can't say he's stun resistant.

No, they run. People make the mistake of confusing sprinting for running, and confusing jogging for running. Jogging is like, as slow as you can possibly be before you revert to walking(body still airborne mid-stride). Running is like 40-60% of your max sprint speed, the mid-range.

I'm sure even zombie Jason could run if he really really really wanted to, in canon, but he just doesn't want to. But this game is meant to represent what occurs in the movies in a generalized way. Zombie Jason never ran, so that's the end of it.

Sprinting Jasons would murder the player population faster than the real player dropoff in the game. The game would have been dead in 2 weekends. Counselors need a modicum of hope of surviving. With sprinting Jasons, there is zero hope. People don't enjoy games they always lose.

A better option would be increasing the damage done to counselor weapon durability when Jason blocks an attack. Reward proper combat behavior.

Trust me, the human running Jasons in this game just jogs, they don't really run.

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

The mechanics are already borked.   

Jason should never be knocked down unless its by a gun.

In this game.  Both Jason and Counselors can trade melee attacks and Jason can end up falling down on his ass, while the counselor barely flinches and only loses some health.

At worst.  Jason should only be dazed for a few seconds on his feet.    Counselors at the very least, be disarmed when melee attacked by Jason.  This would mean both sides are equally are being punished for whiffing attacks.

As it stands, theres really no punishment for melee attacking Jason with counselors besides loss of health.  This is why groups of players can take advantage of this mechanic..   Which is also prolonged by perks and med sprays. And this is why we ended up with Jason being stun proof while in rage mode.

Well unfortunately he fell down in the movies, usually after getting hit by a girl, so now we're stuck with it. My only advice is stop being so grab happy. If there's more than one, don't grab. Pretty simple really.