Counselor Statistics Poll  

39 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What do you think the most important counselor statistic is?

• Composure
    • Luck
    • Repair
    • Speed
    • Stamina
    • Stealth
    • Strength

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/12/2021 at 04:00 PM

1 minute ago, Laotian Lam said:

While this is true, what exactly can Jason do about it?   By the time he realizes his trap was disarmed the repair will already be finished.  So unless it was the phone that was repaired and police arent called yet,  Jason will simply have gone from chasing one counselor to a different one. 

I know I check my map frequently to make sure that I catch a person PKing my trap & 8 times outta 10 I catch the person. Also let’s say what you just said happened to be the case. “Jason will simply have gone chasing one counselor to a different” in Eva’s scenario, Jason would have gone chasing a loud character to Eva a smart & “Stealthy” character. Rendering those stealth perks useless if Jason decides to stay on Eva, which a Jason who knows what he’s doing will because AJ is a slow character  and easy kill, with no teammate to help them Survive because they’re a “lone wolf”. Meaning they have to fend off Jason until the cops arrive by themselves.

Idk man.  It wouldnt take more than what, 5 seconds for AJ to put gas in the car after disarming the trap?   I just cant see a Jason checking his map every 3 to 5 seconds.  Not a chance Jason will be able to stop her.   Catch her afterwards, maybe.  

So ya, morphing to a repair thats finished is about as useful as morphing to the phone after the police are called.  

1 hour ago, Laotian Lam said:

Idk man.  It wouldnt take more than what, 5 seconds for AJ to put gas in the car after disarming the trap?   I just cant see a Jason checking his map every 3 to 5 seconds.  Not a chance Jason will be able to stop her.   Catch her afterwards, maybe.  

So ya, morphing to a repair thats finished is about as useful as morphing to the phone after the police are called.  

Check your map frequently.  Like every 10 seconds frequently.  You can have your map up while you're walking to the next location.  I've been playing since before the boat had a start up sound, so I learned the habit of checking the map frequently so I didn't allow unchallenged boat escapes. 

If you see a PK has been disabled, morph over immediately to investigate.  You might not catch whomever it is as they're repairing, but you'll see where they wandered off to or you'll just know where they wandered off to based on map/game knowledge.

If you somehow allow the cops to be called, you should morph over there immediately.  There's at least one slow easy kill at that house.  Go take it. 

Just some simple helpful advice.  Use it, or don't.  If you do, you'll notice you'll be a better Jason for it. 

1 hour ago, Laotian Lam said:

Remember that AJ still has to call the police. Maybe Jason isn’t quick enough to stop the repair but as long as he is quick enough to stop the call is fine. Unless your goal is just to repair things without escaping, your stealthy AJ is useless. 

AJ has to disable the trap, then repair which takes about 3-5 seconds, then enter the house, find the phone and call. Which takes around 11 seconds. A Jason that checks his map frequently will be able to morph on the phone, and shift in the house and grab the AJ easy. You guys play trash Jasons so of course you’re not used to a Jason actually doing that

2 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

Once rage hits an AJ is easily detected like a Nessa

And once again you completely miss the point even after I spelled it out for you. Lighting up like a Christmas tree is irrelevant if you've kept a few counselors between yourself and Jason. You know, the most fundamental aspect of the play style. Not gonna continue to belabor this point with you.

As for your comment about not caring whether you escape or not after repairs, I've gotten to the point where I really don't anymore. I still do my best to survive and dying is certainly never fun for someone as competitive as me but I do get plenty of satisfaction out of helping other counselors escape (which I guess is what motivates people who sacrifice themselves in team play). Early phone calls for example are especially high risk but they put Jason in a world of pain for the rest of the match if you successfully pull one off. And it's always fun to let Jason know it was you who made a critical repair right before he kills you. :D

3 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

I find Private Match cliques are even worse than Public.  At least in Public matches I expect the worst out of them and can plan accordingly.  Hijacking their car is always a good time.  In Private Matches you sometimes get a false sense of teamwork only to find out 3 or 4 of them are good friends and couldn't care less about you.

As someone who loves playing as Tiff and AJ, I can empathize with Eva's points.  I also understand that Post-Rage their strengths are severely reduced and it makes things a lot harder.  But so what?  I am not afraid of a challenge because A - I don't HAVE to survive to have had fun.  and B - When you succeed in the face of challenges it makes it that much more rewarding.  Repairing shit as Tiff is very satisfying. lol  Especially when Jason is near you chasing people around.

The only real downside I find to playing as a counselor like AJ is that you rarely get the chance to be Tommy Jarvis. ;)

Oh yeah, screwing with cocky teams can be great fun. Holding on to a pair of keys for example is a must when you can't trust a team.

And man, I was never Tommy when my AJ had both Lightfoot (15) and Preparedness (9) equipped together. You're almost guaranteed to be the last person alive with that AJ build but you're also more reliant on a good lobby since either repairs or traps are gonna trip you up when you have to choose between a health perk and repair perk (Speed Demon) to round out the build. I have to be more careful with my fear management and take more risks with my map exploration at the beginning of games now but it's worth it. And like you say, the challenge is part of the fun. :)

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

This is all well and good if you have a potato Jason who either A. doesn't trap objectives or B. doesn't look at his map frequently to see if people have used a PK on a trap.  

If you have a Jason that's actually trapping objectives and pays attention to his map, it doesn't matter if your lone wolfing parts to objectives.  You have to go through a trap to actually fix an objective.  If you're tanking said trap, you've just rang the dinner bell for him to come over to you.  If he pays attention to his map, he'll see the trap has been disabled at some point, and if he checks frequently, he'll know it was sometime soon.  Thus he is going to go over and investigate.  

No disrespect but your posts read like they're from a player who plays against potatoes who don't trap objectives because they just don't care about them nor who's over at them.  They see one player and get instant tunnel vision.  Your build will work great for that type of Jason, actually any build with AJ/Deborah/Chops will work great in that lobby to be honest.  

A lone wolf repair counselor has to be alternatively aggressive, opportunistic or patient. Lots of long ass paragraphs to follow.

First, when to be aggressive. The very beginning of the game is the best time to get a part, or parts, in a car or the boat with minimal risk since your fear is low and Jason is forced to trap most objectives after morph cool downs (ironically one of the overall weaker Jasons, Part II, complicates this due to his +Morph). The vehicle you work on could be his third or even fourth stop if he traps the Tommy house. I used to delay these repairs due to my character's repair, not to mention my own QTE ability, not being the best; messing up a skill check early on often leads to repair counselors getting tunneled. But my Speed Demon (-15 repair) now gives me error-free repairs about 90% of the time so I'm comfortable being much more aggressive at my spawn location. Boats can be done solo and quick car escapes are possible too when someone has the same idea as you and doesn't get in the way of the repair. Quick police calls are definitely possible but you really are relying on Jason being a potato to do that unless you luck out and find a PK along with the fuse.

Now for opportunism. Jason is not the only player who should be checking his map or listening to mic chatter for intelligence. It is usually very obvious where the action is occurring at any given time and a stealth repair character needs to always be on the lookout for objective openings. That can either involve slipping in after counselors have dragged Jason away or choosing an objective that's as far away from the action as possible. Sometimes the choice is taken out of your hands when objectives are already partially finished. Sometimes you get lucky and can piggyback on the work of another repair counselor or team and, again, it's usually very obvious when this is a good idea and when it isn't.

How you should approach traps at this point in the game is a risk/reward calculation that depends on the situation. If I just need to tank one trap in order to escape I'll often do it and attempt the repair as well; otherwise the decision of whether to tank & repair, just tank or ignore the trap & simply drop the item depends on how how limited my other options are and/or whether I feel relatively safe at the objective location. And as @Laotian Lam says, if you have a PK it's a no-brainer to use it and do the repair in public lobbies. By the time I'm done with my 5 second repair I'm already sprinting away with no noise pings and minimal fear. No exaggeration, I am almost never detected after using a PK. Even phone calls are usually successful after using a PK, especially if I've already got my path to the phone lined up and an exit route in mind (preferably with other counselors to dump Jason on).

Finally we come to patience. AJ's greatest strength is her ability to stay hidden from Jason and a lone wolf's greatest strength is having no obligations to any other counselors. Taken together this allows you to calmly wait out a match if necessary. There will almost always be teams, Jason trollers or fellow repair counselors taking out traps and/or putting in parts in every game and by the end of the game (including during Rage :chadwut:) there will usually be very few traps left and several items popping up on the map. Occasionally you'll get lucky and get to vulture a completely finished vehicle. This is when AJ needs to quickly swoop and take advantage of these new possibilities before Jason has killed everyone else. How much time you have generally depends upon the skill level of whoever else Jason is paying attention to. This is where Speed Demon really shines as it gives you both the error-free repairs and quick top speed you need to get the hell out of dodge when Jason is bound to quickly catch on to what you're doing.

As for the suggestion that I rely on Jasons who tunnel: quite the opposite actually. I'm often able to shake good Jasons who recognize it's better to stop a phone call or moving vehicle rather than continue to pursue me after getting lucky with a morph. But a dumb Jason, or perhaps one who's pissed off at me for whatever reason, will just tunnel me until I die even as several other counselors are escaping or setting up an escape.

As I said regarding being aggressive at the beginning of the game, a good Jason has to manage multiple objectives and multiple counselors if he wants to keep his kill count up. It is the job of a stealthy lone wolf repair counselor to take advantage of every opening created by Jason not being able to be everywhere at once. I get that this play style will not appeal to those who like working in teams or fighting/trolling Jason but I assure you that it is effective against the vast majority of public lobby Jasons.

2 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

And once again you completely miss the point even after I spelled it out for you. Lighting up like a Christmas tree is irrelevant if you've kept a few counselors between yourself and Jason. You know, the most fundamental aspect of the play style. Not gonna continue to belabor this point with you.

What you’re not understanding is, you don’t have to be an AJ with stealthy perks to do this... A vanessa can do the exact same thing. My claim is that stealth perks are useless post rage, can you not admit that?

9 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

What you’re not understanding is, you don’t have to be an AJ with stealthy perks to do this... A vanessa can do the exact same thing. My claim is that stealth perks are useless post rage, can you not admit that?

But... she won't. Jason's gonna be drawn to Vanessa like a moth to a flame right up until Rage hits and he'll stay drawn to her until she dies/escapes so long as I don't give him a reason to leave her. He might like to focus on a weaker repair counselor like myself but I don't give him, or Vanessa, that choice. I have made a critical mistake at some point if I'm near a Vanessa during endgame with no immediate chance of escape.

2 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

But... she won't. Jason's gonna be drawn to Vanessa like a moth to a flame right up until Rage hits and he'll stay drawn to her until she dies/escapes so long as I don't give him a reason to leave her. He might like to focus on a weaker repair counselor like myself but I don't give him, or Vanessa, that choice. I have made a critical mistake at some point if I'm near a Vanessa during endgame with no immediate chance of escape.

This is why I say that you have no experience, with Jasons who know their shit. First of all, if it is post rage and the counselors have no means of escape or there’s five minutes till cops arrive. This smartest thing a Jason can do is tunnel the lower stamina characters and get them out the way first. ( Also, unless it’s pinehurst and you’re on the other side of the map, you will be seen on sense. No matter the distance.) So let’s explore your scenario a bit further, it’s post rage, and you decide to keep some counselors in between you and Jason while you hide somewhere, first off if it is post rage a lot of the counselors will already be dead so that limits the counselors you can use to distract Jason let’s say it’s just two counselors. If those two counselors are good runners and is hard to catch, smart Jasons will take care of the weaker counselors first before engaging them. If it were me and those counselors were kiting me for a while, I would do what common sense tells me to and kill the AJ trying to pretend I don’t see her ass. Rendering the stealth build useless post rage because it’s not stealthy if Jason knows where you are at all times right? 

Then let’s say I see you hiding in a cabin, and I morph on you. AJs fear goes through the roof and her stamina regen rate is decreasing by the second. You don’t have marathon or restful so you don’t have any perks helping you manage your stamina, you don’t have thick skin or medic, so you don’t have any perks helping you manage your health. You run sucker punch, but I’m not going to explain why that is a useless perk post rage, let’s say you stamina and you go for a swing, AJ has shitty luck so that weapon will be breaking in a few hits, and Jason doesn’t get stunned so that’s an easy grab or knife slash combo which leave you limp in a matter of seconds ( unless you go for the demask, but AJ is weak asf). You’re simply dead, and now Jason can continue chasing those other counselors ( if he hasn’t killed them already because remember this is a pub lobby )

1 hour ago, Seraphic King said:

This is why I say that you have no experience, with Jasons who know their shit. First of all, if it is post rage and the counselors have no means of escape or there’s five minutes till cops arrive. This smartest thing a Jason can do is tunnel the lower stamina characters and get them out the way first. ( Also, unless it’s pinehurst and you’re on the other side of the map, you will be seen on sense. No matter the distance.) So let’s explore your scenario a bit further, it’s post rage, and you decide to keep some counselors in between you and Jason while you hide somewhere, first off if it is post rage a lot of the counselors will already be dead so that limits the counselors you can use to distract Jason let’s say it’s just two counselors. If those two counselors are good runners and is hard to catch, smart Jasons will take care of the weaker counselors first before engaging them. If it were me and those counselors were kiting me for a while, I would do what common sense tells me to and kill the AJ trying to pretend I don’t see her ass. Rendering the stealth build useless post rage because it’s not stealthy if Jason knows where you are at all times right? 

Then let’s say I see you hiding in a cabin, and I morph on you. AJs fear goes through the roof and her stamina regen rate is decreasing by the second. You don’t have marathon or restful so you don’t have any perks helping you manage your stamina, you don’t have thick skin or medic, so you don’t have any perks helping you manage your health. You run sucker punch, but I’m not going to explain why that is a useless perk post rage, let’s say you stamina and you go for a swing, AJ has shitty luck so that weapon will be breaking in a few hits, and Jason doesn’t get stunned so that’s an easy grab or knife slash combo which leave you limp in a matter of seconds ( unless you go for the demask, but AJ is weak asf). You’re simply dead, and now Jason can continue chasing those other counselors ( if he hasn’t killed them already because remember this is a pub lobby )

You haven't actually read through the thread, have you? I never hide as AJ, I have MEDIC equipped, I don't bother trying to kite once Jason is on me during Rage if I have no PK or plausible means of escape (I find trying to run the clock out incredibly tedious) and I acknowledged in my very first post in the thread that speed & stamina (not stealth or composure) are the most overpowered stats in the game. I've explained all of this in previous posts in the thread. And to suggest that I don't know that Sucker Punch is worthless during Rage is just laughable. :lol: Sucker Punch might be wasted on a fast counselor who always has a friend to knock them out of a grab but it's a literal life saver when you only have yourself to rely upon during pre-Rage encounters with Jason. If we're making assumptions about other people here, I'm gonna have to assume that you never play solo with slow counselors.

My build is very effective pre-Rage, especially for someone who prefers to play alone and focus on repairs, and has limited effectiveness at the beginning of Rage. Never claimed anything beyond that. And again, this is based on almost two years of constant play in public lobbies. If there are 'Top Tier' Jasons who have deigned to slum it in public lobbies, believe me, I've seen them. They have yet to scare me away from my play style.

4 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

You haven't actually read through the thread, have you? I never hide as AJ, I have MEDIC equipped, I don't bother trying to kite once Jason is on me during Rage if I have no PK or plausible means of escape (I find trying to run the clock out incredibly tedious) and I acknowledged in my very first post in the thread that speed & stamina (not stealth or composure) are the most overpowered stats in the game. I've explained all of this in previous posts in the thread. And to suggest that I don't know that Sucker Punch is worthless during Rage is just laughable. :lol: Sucker Punch might be wasted on a fast counselor who always has a friend to knock them out of a grab but it's a literal life saver when you only have yourself to rely upon during pre-Rage encounters with Jason. If we're making assumptions about other people here, I'm gonna have to assume that you never play solo with slow counselors.

My build is very effective pre-Rage, especially for someone who prefers to play alone and focus on repairs, and has limited effectiveness at the beginning of Rage. Never claimed anything beyond that. And again, this is based on almost two years of constant play in public lobbies. If there are 'Top Tier' Jasons who have deigned to slum it in public lobbies, believe me, I've seen them. They have yet to scare me away from my play style.

I’m done 😂

12 hours ago, SirMang said:

If you see a PK has been disabled, morph over immediately to investigate.  You might not catch whomever it is as they're repairing, but you'll see where they wandered off to or you'll just know where they wandered off to based on map/game knowledge.

If you somehow allow the cops to be called, you should morph over there immediately.  There's at least one slow easy kill at that house.  Go take it. 

Obviously (ok maybe not so obvious to some), whether Jason should or shouldn't morph to the car/boat/phone would depend on what he is doing at the time.  If Jason is already on the heels of a counselor or two then he should probably stay where he is and finish the job.   Which is why its a good idea to try and do repairs when Jason is busy. 

One of the reasons I am able to perform repairs as Tiff is by doing the repair when I know Jason is busy.  Yes, I will most likely make a mistake in the skill check and alert Jason.  But so long as I do the skill check well enough that the mistake is near the end of the repair I will still be able to finish it before Jason arrives, should he decide to come over.  It's when I hear him killing someone and I am only halfway through the repair that I start getting nervous cause he will probably be looking to morph real soon.  Sometimes when that happens I will actually stop the repair until I know he is busy again.  I wish all counselors said "He's Killing MEEEEE!" lol  It cracks me up every time.

12 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

You guys play trash Jasons so of course you’re not used to a Jason actually doing that

Dude.  I'm sorry but that really isn't an argument at all.  You obviously have no idea the caliber of player that anyone else is playing against so saying stuff like that just make it look like you are out of any fact based arguments. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Dude.  I'm sorry but that really isn't an argument at all.  You obviously have no idea the caliber of player that anyone else is playing against so saying stuff like that just make it look like you are out of any fact based arguments. 

Yep, I don't get it. I haven't done particularly well with my (almost) No Fear Jenny build for example but that doesn't mean I'm gonna jump to assuming that everyone who swears by her is playing bad Jasons. :blink:

9 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

I’m done 😂

Great, now I can get back to running out the clock after stunning Jason during Rage thanks to Sucker Punch. Won't need Medic or Thick Skin since I'll just hide in the closet with a bunch of fear reduction & sense avoidance perks. Jason will never find me! Maybe I could outrun him too if I add a stamina perk... /S

4 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

It’s not my argument, just an inference based on you guy’s claims and arguments. Everything you swear by and do to Jasons in your pubs has such an easy counter that they’d really only work on a trash Jason. I had people use stealth builds on me & everything and the only thing they’re really good for is hiding at the end of the match, when every single counselor has been destroyed.

My argument has been clear this whole debate. I like how that part is the only thing you quoted in my whole post 😂😂😂 quote the whole thing and try to refute it all.

5 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

I like how that part is the only thing you quoted in my whole post 😂😂😂 quote the whole thing and try to refute it all.

You've done the exact same thing when 'debating' with me multiple times. Including on this page. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

It’s not my argument, just an inference based on you guy’s claims and arguments. Everything you swear by and do to Jasons in your pubs has such an easy counter that they’d really only work on a trash Jason. I had people use stealth builds on me & everything and the only thing they’re really good for is hiding at the end of the match.

So what you're saying is that you've only faced trash stealth players?

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Seraphic King said:

My argument has been clear this whole debate. I like how that part is the only thing you quoted in my whole post 😂😂😂 quote the whole thing and try to refute it all.

The reason I didnt respond to your point about fixing phone and calling the police is because I had already specifically said the following in a previous post:

"While this is true, what exactly can Jason do about it?   By the time he realizes his trap was disarmed the repair will already be finished.  So unless it was the phone that was repaired and police arent called yet,  Jason will simply have gone from chasing one counselor to a different"

The reason I didnt respond to your counter point about calling the police is because I had already stated that was the one time it made sense to immediately morph over if you see your trap is disarmed.  I simply saw no reason to debate a counter point to a point that was never made.  Know what I mean?  But i do get that this thread has become longwinded and even I have forgotten most of what was said.  Lol

33 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

The reason I didnt respond to your point about fixing phone and calling the police is because I had already specifically said the following in a previous post:

"While this is true, what exactly can Jason do about it?   By the time he realizes his trap was disarmed the repair will already be finished.  So unless it was the phone that was repaired and police arent called yet,  Jason will simply have gone from chasing one counselor to a different"

The reason I didnt respond to your counter point about calling the police is because I had already stated that was the one time it made sense to immediately morph over if you see your trap is disarmed.  I simply saw no reason to debate a counter point to a point that was never made.  Know what I mean?  But i do get that this thread has become longwinded and even I have forgotten most of what was said.  Lol

In that case then, please restate your argument? I’ve been trying to do this civilly for the longest now.