Counselor Statistics Poll  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the most important counselor statistic is?

• Composure
    • Luck
    • Repair
    • Speed
    • Stamina
    • Stealth
    • Strength

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/12/2021 at 04:00 PM

21 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

In the end, I play the way I do because I enjoy it. And I wouldn't enjoy it if it didn't work against good Jasons. As I've said, regularly working in a team does not interest me and I don't particularly enjoy play styles that require constant combat and juking. Perhaps you could try keeping an open mind and allow that others have had a difference experience with the game than you have?

Whatever you say 🤷🏿‍♂️👍🏾😂

1 hour ago, Eva Watanabe said:

I encounter so called pro-quality Jasons in about 1% of my public lobby matches at most and still end up enjoying my play style in those matches regardless of the outcome. Certainly haven't seen anything to suggest lone wolfing is hopeless against any Jason regardless of their skill level. :shrug:

These Jasons you encounter, may be decent but not league level. 

I have a mic and ears. I let people know where things are when I think it might do some good and keep track of other active mic users, including teams. Most of the time I keep my mouth shut now since I rarely find people worth taking to but lone wolfing and communication are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Thanks for proving my point, That right there is called teamwork, communication.

A good Jason often won't bother going to the phone house after a call is already made if he's currently pursuing other counselors. What's the point? Even if he does, my stealth/composure often allows me slip away once he arrives. I enjoy the cat and mouse game that ensues.. 

For your first point, Jasons Job is to contest objectives, a smart Jason won’t chase a Vanessa if he/she knows counselors are working on other objectives. So to say that you’ll even get the cops done by yourself against a  top tier J is ridiculous. What are you going to do about his traps on the phone? Pocket knife them? Top Tier  Jasons will always check their map to see if their traps have been taken out. Let say you take out his traps with a pocket knife, that mean you are down a pocket knife,  he’ll see it on his map, and then morph on you. Rendering your stealth perks absolutely useless. Let’s say you step on his traps, you’ll be down a health spray and he’ll hear you take out his trap and morph on you. 

As for your 2nd point, even with your composure & stealth perks, a good Jason will still be able to detect you. Also, let’s say the other counselors have been hitting on him and made him go into rage early, your stealth perks won’t help you then. Since you run stealth perks on an AJ, you don’t have nerves, probably don’t have a good thick skin. Once you are detected you are pretty much dead because A. AJ only has so much stam, B. you will be limped in either 2 knives or 2 slashes ( depending on if it’s a WS Jason) 

As for the car & boat, I have a good Speed Demon and working alone means I get to use it a lot. I don't sweat Jason hearing me start a vehicle anymore. If he's good enough to catch up with me, I tip my cap and congratulate him on a good game. I'm most likely to die when, against my better judgement, I stop to pick other counselors up. Again, experience tells me that my generosity usually will not be reciprocated. 

Lol speed demon doesn’t mean jack sh*t. I’m surprised you don’t know this. But atleast you Acknowledge that you’ll die if he stops your car and top tier Jasons know how to stop cars regardless if the player is using speed demon or not.

Jason spawns/morphs on me? That's the luck element I mentioned earlier and is the main reason I very occasionally die early. I use my Sucker Punch if necessary and look to dump Jason on another counselor or hope he gives up to focus on an objective. Sometimes I'll hide if it occurs at the very beginning of the game and I'm in an isolated area or a the main house. Otherwise I take my chances with cabin hopping. Can't survive every game.

Good Jasons know how to block and unless you run swift attacker you won’t be stunning him. Also, if you’re running stealth perks, how can you be running sucker punch? Let’s say he morphs on you while you’re using your stealth perks? Also a top tier Jason won’t stop chasing you until your dead because you are a repair character and a threat. So good luck trying to get Jason to chase a vanessa while you’re getting chased as an AJ.

have never found myself wishing I had someone letting me know Jason was shifting. Is this something teams rely on? Jason's the one who doesn't see me most of the time, not the other way around.

A Top Tier Jason will do a long distant shift to you to catch you off guard, and if you don’t have someone telling you that he is shifting on you will never know and will get shift grabbed easy. 

Judging by the points you’ve made it is clear that the only Jasons that you go against are pub lobby Jasons, and that’s not a bad thing you do you. I don’t necessarily have a different experience than you because I play pubs too sometimes so I know in pubs you can get away with lone wolf tactics. I think you should take your own advice and have a more open mind have a good day 😊

2 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

Judging by the points you’ve made it is clear that the only Jasons that you go against are pub lobby Jasons, and that’s not a bad thing you do you. I don’t necessarily have a different experience than you because I play pubs too sometimes so I know in pubs you can get away with lone wolf tactics. I think you should take your own advice and have a more open mind have a good day 😊

a team needs to have everything to be good. needs counselors that distract jason and counselors that fix stuff. idk how a team of 7 vanessas could ever escape. if you dont believe in stealth go against offline bots and see what are generally the last counselors alive. if you use stealth correctly you'll be always one of the last ones to die.

playing stealth counselors with teamwork is possible, while they do their stuff, distract jason, try to unmask him, the stealth dude repair stuff. i cant even count the numbers of times that the killing jason thing went wrong and counselors just escaped because i called the police while they were doing their stuff.

3 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

1 These Jasons you encounter, may be decent but not league level. 

2 Thanks for proving my point, That right there is called teamwork, communication.

3 For your first point, Jasons Job is to contest objectives, a smart Jason won’t chase a Vanessa if he/she knows counselors are working on other objectives. So to say that you’ll even get the cops done by yourself against a  top tier J is ridiculous. What are you going to do about his traps on the phone? Pocket knife them? Top Tier  Jasons will always check their map to see if their traps have been taken out. Let say you take out his traps with a pocket knife, that mean you are down a pocket knife,  he’ll see it on his map, and then morph on you. Rendering your stealth perks absolutely useless. Let’s say you step on his traps, you’ll be down a health spray and he’ll hear you take out his trap and morph on you. 

4 As for your 2nd point, even with your composure & stealth perks, a good Jason will still be able to detect you. Also, let’s say the other counselors have been hitting on him and made him go into rage early, your stealth perks won’t help you then. Since you run stealth perks on an AJ, you don’t have nerves, probably don’t have a good thick skin. Once you are detected you are pretty much dead because A. AJ only has so much stam, B. you will be limped in either 2 knives or 2 slashes ( depending on if it’s a WS Jason) 

5 Lol speed demon doesn’t mean jack sh*t. I’m surprised you don’t know this. But atleast you Acknowledge that you’ll die if he stops your car and top tier Jasons know how to stop cars regardless if the player is using speed demon or not.

6 Good Jasons know how to block and unless you run swift attacker you won’t be stunning him. Also, if you’re running stealth perks, how can you be running sucker punch? Let’s say he morphs on you while you’re using your stealth perks? Also a top tier Jason won’t stop chasing you until your dead because you are a repair character and a threat. So good luck trying to get Jason to chase a vanessa while you’re getting chased as an AJ.

7 A Top Tier Jason will do a long distant shift to you to catch you off guard, and if you don’t have someone telling you that he is shifting on you will never know and will get shift grabbed easy. 

8 Judging by the points you’ve made it is clear that the only Jasons that you go against are pub lobby Jasons, and that’s not a bad thing you do you. I don’t necessarily have a different experience than you because I play pubs too sometimes so I know in pubs you can get away with lone wolf tactics. I think you should take your own advice and have a more open mind have a good day 😊

1 Well, that's kind of the point, isn't it? I play something like ten matches a night and encounter 'league level' Jasons once every other week or so and still usually hold my own against them unless the lobby is complete shit. Why would I abandon my generally effective play style that I thoroughly enjoy because once in a blue moon I'll face a Jason who takes the fate of the match out of my hands?

2 "Most of the time I keep my mouth shut now". I'll add to that: most of my matches feature very little constructive mic chatter from other counselors and I almost never actively coordinate with other people. I rely entirely on myself in the vast majority of my matches.

3 I generally do not stick around after using a health spray on a trap at the phone even if I have the fuse. This is one of the times where I'll get on the mic and tell people to check their maps once I've dropped the fuse and gotten the hell out of there; I'll return later to make the repair myself if necessary (which is almost always since public lobbies can't repair for shit). I'll take the risk at cars if there are other counselors around who I can dump Jason on. And I can count on one hand the number of times I've been burned by Jason after using a PK on his trap. That just isn't an issue in public lobbies.

4 I have Silent Sprint, manage my Fear and many of my repairs are done at the very beginning of a game before traps have been set or later on after they've been tanked; Jason very rarely sees me once I've finished my usually perfect, and quick, repairs. I used to run a strong Preparedness which really did make me invisible until Rage but I've since found that Medic and Speed Demon give me more flexibility to be aggressive with repairs so I don't have to rely on dumbass lobbies to get things done.

5 I use Speed Demon primarily to give AJ reliable error free repairs. Solo vehicle speed with my upgraded epic Speed Demon has been a bonus and it does indeed outpace shift on land and pursuit in the water. Again, gonna let my own experience be my guide. Guess I needed to specify that I'll tip my cap if Jason eventually gets me after leaving a stopped car. One of the side benefits to picking people up, and since I'm not a dick I generally do pick people up if it's convenient once it's clear Jason has wasted a shift after morphing to the car, is you can dump Jason on them after being stopped and then return when the coast is clear. If I'm stopped while solo, yeah, it's tough for AJ. Wouldn't be fun if there wasn't some risk.

6 Don't know what to tell you, I stun pretty much every damned time I swing a bat or wrench with my Sucker Punch (think it's 25%) after baiting Jason to give an opening. The perk has made my encounters with Jason before Rage far less intimidating.

As I've said elsewhere in the thread, I use just one stealth perk (-15 noise Lightfoot). Nothing else is necessary to keep AJ off Jason's radar until Rage so long as you manage her fear and play smart. I suppose you can consider Speed Demon a de facto stealth perk since it gives me reliable error free repairs (repair mistakes used to be the only time Jason would ever see me before Rage). Haven't used sense avoidance perks since I was a noob, they're not necessary to play AJ stealthily.

Thankfully lobbies aren't just me and a bunch of Vanessas. The choice is usually not so clear for Jason and even when it is, many players want to fight him, especially teams. As I've said before, AJ should use the aggression of other counselors to her advantage by being an opportunistic parasite and vulture.

7 I never stand still in the open except to occasionally regain stamina during long journeys and always check where Jason and other counselors are before I put myself in a vulnerable position to make a repair. I get shift grabbed so infrequently that I'll congratulate Jasons who pull it off.

8 As I said previously, I believe the game is designed to accommodate multiple play styles so my mind is certainly open. Just because I personally don't like working in teams or constantly fighting & juking doesn't mean I don't acknowledge those approaches can be very effective. I'll go one further: teamwork is absolutely more effective than lone wolfing if your goal is to get multiple people to escape or kill Jason. But I'm quite happy to be the only person to survive the night and in fact have found that working with others in public lobbies does little to increase my own chance of escape. Which is to say that my experience with the game has reinforced my choice of play style just as your experience working in teams has probably reinforced yours. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

As I said previously, I believe the game is designed to accommodate multiple play styles so my mind is certainly open. Just because I personally don't like working in teams or constantly fighting & juking doesn't mean I don't acknowledge those approaches can be very effective. I'll go one further: teamwork is absolutely more effective than lone wolfing if your goal is to get multiple people to escape or kill Jason. But I'm quite happy to be the only person to survive the night and in fact have found that working with others in public lobbies does little to increase my own chance of escape. Which is to say that my experience with the game has reinforced my choice of play style just as your experience working in teams has probably reinforced yours. ;)

Within your post in its entirety, you have yet to refute any argument I have made in my previous posts, in fact you’ve actually been doing the exact opposite. Instead of refuting, what your post actually does is confirm my suspicions about you not actually playing Top Tier Jasons. The game design’s accommodation of different play styles depends on the skill level of Jason and that is a fact.

The methods you use to outmatch the Jason’s you play only work on the Jason’s you play and the Jason’s that you play are not Top Tier, and let me rephrase what I said earlier so you don’t get anything else misconstrued. By “League Level” I meant the good Jasons that play in leagues, not every Jason in the leagues are good.

You say you have an open mind, but you continued to argue against players who play in leagues and players who play top tier Jason’s who share their thinking about the topic. Instead of being like “ Since he plays in a league he has a different experience than I am” you continued to argue with those players. 

I admit that your methods will work, but only in a pub lobby with not very good players. The fact that you waste a perk slot on sucker punch shows me that you don’t play against top tier Js. And that’s fine! Play what you want. But when a player who plays competitive tells you that those methods won’t work on good Js instead of arguing with them about how they do work, leave it be. You only brought up having an open mind when multiple people started to disagree with you. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Carlso said:

playing stealth counselors with teamwork is possible, while they do their stuff, distract jason, try to unmask him, the stealth dude repair stuff. i cant even count the numbers of times that the killing jason thing went wrong and counselors just escaped because i called the police while they were doing their stuff.

Yea bro, I never said it wasn’t possible. 

14 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

Within your post in its entirety, you have yet to refute any argument I have made in my previous posts, in fact you’ve actually been doing the exact opposite. Instead of refuting, what your post actually does is confirm my suspicions about you not actually playing Top Tier Jasons. The game design’s accommodation of different play styles depends on the skill level of Jason and that is a fact.

The methods you use to outmatch the Jason’s you play only work on the Jason’s you play and the Jason’s that you play are not Top Tier, and let me rephrase what I said earlier so you don’t get anything else misconstrued. By “League Level” I meant the good Jasons that play in leagues, not every Jason in the leagues are good.

You say you have an open mind, but you continued to argue against players who play in leagues and players who play top tier Jason’s who share their thinking about the topic. Instead of being like “ Since he plays in a league he has a different experience than I am” you continued to argue with those players. 

I admit that your methods will work, but only in a pub lobby with not very good players. The fact that you waste a perk slot on sucker punch shows me that you don’t play against top tier Js. And that’s fine! Play what you want. But when a player who plays competitive tells you that those methods won’t work I’m good Js instead of arguing with them about how they do work, leave it be. You only brought up having an open mind when multiple people started to disagree with you. 

Edit: Screw it, deleted my previous response since it was aggessive and I really don't want to provoke this further. I don't know if you get how insulting your posts are but whatever.

You claim 'Top Tier League' Jasons would wreck me, fine. Can't really contest that since I don't play in leagues and have no interest in them. But what I will say is that I started playing in public lobbies around two years ago (my sign up date here) and adopted a strong stealth lone wolf build about a year and a half ago. I've logged at least a thousand matches as a counselor in that time and have never once felt that my build's effectiveness was dependent on the quality of the Jason I was facing. I've definitely felt the impact of playing in a shit lobby but Jason has always been a secondary concern for me since I see him so infrequently.

The bottom line is that experience tells me that a good stealth AJ build played properly is very strong in public lobbies regardless of the quality of Jason I face. Whether you want to believe me or not is no concern of mine.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

The bottom line is that experience tells me that a good stealth AJ build played properly is very strong in public lobbies regardless of the quality of Jason I face. Whether you want to believe me or not is no concern of mine.

Lol bro I never said that stealth builds don’t work. “bottom line is that experience tells me” those are the key words in your post. Your own experience. Your experience with Friday is your own experience, you have no experience with top tier Jasons so how can you say that your methods will work on them and how can you argue with someone who plays with those Jasons and has the experience in a competitive scene like that? That’s good that you acknowledge that they would wreck you..

42 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

Lol bro I never said that stealth builds don’t work. “bottom line is that experience tells me” those are the key words in your post. Your own experience. Your experience with Friday is your own experience, you have no experience with top tier Jasons so how can you say that your methods will work on them and how can you argue with someone who plays with those Jasons and has the experience in a competitive scene like that? That’s good that you acknowledge that they would wreck you..

To the bolded: That's not what "can't really contest" means.

And yes, my own experience of two years with the game and over a thousand counselor matches in public lobbies with my build. Or are matches in public lobbies no longer relevant? I can't keep up. Was it you who said, "Well if you’re in a pub lobby with a top tier J then you’re gonna get wrecked because teamwork is needed. So have fun in pubs"?? It would have been one thing if you'd left this at claiming I wouldn't do well in organized league play (that's where "can't really contest" applies) but you didn't. My "experience" applies to the very best and worst Jasons you'll find in public lobbies, nothing more and nothing less.

• Like 2

@Eva Watanabe I wouldn’t bother listening to them. They think they’re better because they play in a league of insignificant proportions from a game with an already tiny player base. It’s obvious you can’t reason with them. Their ego is too fragile.

They have to be right and cannot accept other points of views nor play styles as they do not fall in line with how they play. Only information based on facing “top tier” Jason players is acceptable.

What a sad life they must lead. I almost pity them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

To the bolded: That's not what "can't really contest" means.

And yes, my own experience of two years with the game and over a thousand counselor matches in public lobbies with my build. Or are matches in public lobbies no longer relevant? I can't keep up.

Lol I’m gonna ignore the  two previous comments that are not mine, because they’re  absolutely irrelevant & unnecessary, and it seems like I’m the only person who is not getting upset or their feelings hurt. I’m the only person who is just taking this as a debate. I never called you out your name, I never said anything in harsh way or anything. I’m just saying what I think based on my experience in pub lobbies & my experience in competitive league play.

they’re not irrelevant at least not to you because that is all you play, and that is fine. And yes I said that because it’s true, that you would get wrecked by Top Tier Js, because all the methods you use to kite them when they start chasing you all have easy counters that the Jasons will always do.

It makes no sense to say that you wouldn’t do well in organized league play when you never played it so I don’t know how well you would do. Teams actually use communication and teamwork and they actually push multiple objectives at the same time, so you can have a place.

I’ll say one more time what my claim is, if a top tier is in Jason in your pub lobby full of randoms who don’t use teamwork, or communication & you are the only one trying to fix objectives then you’re going to get wrecked by that top tier J. 

1 hour ago, Seraphic King said:

Lol I’m gonna ignore the  two previous comments that are not mine, because they’re  absolutely irrelevant & unnecessary, and it seems like I’m the only person who is not getting upset or their feelings hurt. I’m the only person who is just taking this as a debate. I never called you out your name, I never said anything in harsh way or anything. I’m just saying what I think based on my experience in pub lobbies & my experience in competitive league play.

they’re not irrelevant at least not to you because that is all you play, and that is fine. And yes I said that because it’s true, that you would get wrecked by Top Tier Js, because all the methods you use to kite them when they start chasing you all have easy counters that the Jasons will always do.

It makes no sense to say that you wouldn’t do well in organized league play when you never played it so I don’t know how well you would do. Teams actually use communication and teamwork and they actually push multiple objectives at the same time, so you can have a place.

I’ll say one more time what my claim is, if a top tier is in Jason in your pub lobby full of randoms who don’t use teamwork, or communication & you are the only one trying to fix objectives then you’re going to get wrecked by that top tier J. 

This is not what you'd said previously. I have already acknowledged multiple times that I struggle against excellent Jasons in bad lobbies. Any player would struggle in a lobby where they're the only one doing anything no matter their build; only a high stamina/speed character stands a chance when they have to fend for themselves against a good Jason let alone a "Top Tier" (is there a leaderboard I'm not aware of? :lol:) Jason.

But a lone wolf with in a lobby with a team? A lone wolf in a lobby with a few solo loud runners/fighters who waste Jason's time? A lone wolf in a lobby with other competent lone wolf repair counselors (you are aware that multiple lone wolves can push multiple objectives simultaneously with no coordination, yes?)? A lone wolf who finds randoms who contribute to fixing and defending in ad hoc groups (usually without any communication whatsoever)? Something tells me you rarely play in public lobbies because you're way off base if you think they're all just filled with chickens running around with their heads chopped off. Most have one if not multiple counselors who fit into one of the above groups. There's no way in hell I would have kept a stealth repair build if I had to do everything in most games, which is to say that I often end up taking care of my own escape completely by myself anyhow because my build is indeed quite effective.

And my feelings are hurt? No. I just think you're myopic and insufferably condescending to boot. ;)

i don't play in leagues, I don't like the ultra competitive sweatiness and use of "tech" those league players employ.

That being said, any Jason worth his salt will eat you alive with your sneak, fear reduction and stealth perks you have if you have not yet escaped or killed him before rage activates. 

it doesn't take top tier league Jason players to wreck you and prove your build pointless once rage activates.

And sadly many pub lobbies are full of low level people or trolls who simply don't do anything productive in a match. 

18 minutes ago, SirMang said:

i don't play in leagues, I don't like the ultra competitive sweatiness and use of "tech" those league players employ.

That being said, any Jason worth his salt will eat you alive with your sneak, fear reduction and stealth perks you have if you have not yet escaped or killed him before rage activates. 

it doesn't take top tier league Jason players to wreck you and prove your build pointless once rage activates.

And sadly many pub lobbies are full of low level people or trolls who simply don't do anything productive in a match. 

45v758.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

iAnd sadly many pub lobbies are full of low level people or trolls who simply don't do anything productive in a match. 

That’s part of the fun as a solo counselor in Forest Gump’s box of chocolates quick play. You never know what you're gonna get. That and you can run builds for fun that you know are not optimal, but you know it’s just a game and you’re playing to have fun. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

But a lone wolf with in a lobby with a team? A lone wolf in a lobby with a few solo loud runners/fighters who waste Jason's time? A lone wolf in a lobby with other competent lone wolf repair counselors (you are aware that multiple lone wolves can push multiple objectives simultaneously with no coordination, yes?)? A lone wolf who finds randoms who contribute to fixing and defending in ad hoc groups (usually without any communication whatsoever)? Something tells me you rarely play in public lobbies because you're way off base if you think they're all just filled with chickens running around with their heads chopped off. Most have one if not multiple counselors who fit into one of the above groups. There's no way in hell I would have kept a stealth repair build if I had to do everything in most games, which is to say that I often end up taking care of my own escape completely by myself anyhow because my build is indeed quite effective.

Thanks for proving my point with this long ass paragraph 😊.  It’s funny because you never mentioned A lone wolf with a team or multiple lone wolves.... what you’ve been saying before is that Jason will be distracted with high stam characters while you focus on the car or phone and prepare for an escape correct? What I’ve been saying is that a good Jason won’t waste time on high stam characters when he knows an AJ or Stealthy character is going to be working on an objective.

thats why I said if a top tier J joins your pub lobby and your decision is to be a lone wolf and not coordinate or work with your team then you’re going to get wrecked. However if you’re a lone wolf in a team ( which doesn’t make sense mind you) and you guys communicate with each other and work together then you’d stand a chance. That is all I’ve been saying, you just keep trying to argue. Anyways I’m not about to keep going back & forth with you. Hopefully one day I’ll meet you in a pub. 

ps : Stealth is completely useless post rage 😉

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

Thanks for proving my point with this long ass paragraph 😊.  It’s funny because you never mentioned A lone wolf with a team or multiple lone wolves.... what you’ve been saying before is that Jason will be distracted with high stam characters while you focus on the car or phone and prepare for an escape correct? What I’ve been saying is that a good Jason won’t waste time on high stam characters when he knows an AJ or Stealthy character is going to be working on an objective.

thats why I said if a top tier J joins your pub lobby and your decision is to be a lone wolf and not coordinate or work with your team then you’re going to get wrecked. However if you’re a lone wolf in a team ( which doesn’t make sense mind you) and you guys communicate with each other and work together then you’d stand a chance. That is all I’ve been saying, you just keep trying to argue. Anyways I’m not about to keep going back & forth with you. Hopefully one day I’ll meet you in a pub. 

ps : Stealth is completely useless post rage 😉

Let's take another look at that long ass paragraph: "Lobby with a few solo loud runners/fighters who waste Jason's time". These types are in almost every lobby and they're useful to a lone wolf the entire game. Pre-Rage they'll drag Jason around the map, allowing you to look for parts and do repairs without ever getting noticed unless you're unlucky. At the start of Rage he'll usually continue to pursue them for at least minute or two which gives you time to either go to an escape or make a last minute repair. Why would Jason leave potential victims right in front of him to look for a counselor who might be working on something on the other side of the map? Obviously I'm very vulnerable if I make a repair mistake during Rage but that's why I have Speed Demon. And if you're starting/restarting a car, at an exit or going for the kill you can form ad hoc teams with them to give your weak ass a fighting chance; no communication needed btw, just players who happen to be in the same place at the same time with the same objective.

Something else from that long ass paragraph: "in a lobby with a team", not in a team. It's very obvious when a party joins a lobby and works as a team even if they don't use game chat. These teams are double edged swords for lone wolves: they'll monopolize Jason's time/attention and get objectives done but they're also often cliquish & will leave without you even if they know you contributed to the escape. But a smart lone wolf can swoop in on their repair or focus on whatever objectives they're not working on (and that'll be obvious just by looking at your map and objective screen; again, no coordination/communication needed whatsoever). And occasionally I'll come across a team that's friendly & open to working with randoms. Just because I primarily lone wolf doesn't mean I'm opposed to working with a team when it benefits me. "Open mind" and all, right?

As for things I'd "never mentioned": I really shouldn't have to explain how public lobbies work in painstaking detail to a supposed "Top Tier Jason". There are seven counselors in every lobby, is it really so hard to imagine that more than one of them is likely to be a lone wolf who will end up working on different objectives? I can't begin to count the number of times I've been in the middle of a repair when all of a sudden I hear that the cops have been called or see that someone's got a vehicle started. Or I'll be taking care of one repair at a vehicle and someone will run up with the other part and/or the keys. Uncoordinated pushing of multiple objectives & ad hoc teamwork toward a common goal are absolutely inherent to the game's design. The fact that you don't need a rigid team oriented approach leads to every game playing out differently; it's that randomness and unpredictability that makes the game so replayable and addictive for me.

Regarding your PS: I have explained how silent sprint/high composure AJ's effectiveness can leak into the beginning of Rage multiple times, including in this post. It's the play-style/tactics that the build makes possible immediately before Rage that matters, NOT the stat itself during Rage proper.

3 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

These teams are double edged swords for lone wolves: they'll monopolize Jason's time/attention and get objectives done but they're also often cliquish & will leave without you even if they know you contributed to the escape.

I find Private Match cliques are even worse than Public.  At least in Public matches I expect the worst out of them and can plan accordingly.  Hijacking their car is always a good time.  In Private Matches you sometimes get a false sense of teamwork only to find out 3 or 4 of them are good friends and couldn't care less about you.

As someone who loves playing as Tiff and AJ, I can empathize with Eva's points.  I also understand that Post-Rage their strengths are severely reduced and it makes things a lot harder.  But so what?  I am not afraid of a challenge because A - I don't HAVE to survive to have had fun.  and B - When you succeed in the face of challenges it makes it that much more rewarding.  Repairing shit as Tiff is very satisfying. lol  Especially when Jason is near you chasing people around.

The only real downside I find to playing as a counselor like AJ is that you rarely get the chance to be Tommy Jarvis. ;)

4 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

These types are in almost every lobby and they're useful to a lone wolf the entire game. Pre-Rage they'll drag Jason around the map, allowing you to look for parts and do repairs without ever getting noticed unless you're unlucky. At the start of Rage he'll usually continue to pursue them for at least minute or two which gives you time to either go to an escape or make a last minute repair. Why would Jason leave potential victims right in front of him to look for a counselor who might be working on something on the other side of the map?

This is all well and good if you have a potato Jason who either A. doesn't trap objectives or B. doesn't look at his map frequently to see if people have used a PK on a trap.  

If you have a Jason that's actually trapping objectives and pays attention to his map, it doesn't matter if your lone wolfing parts to objectives.  You have to go through a trap to actually fix an objective.  If you're tanking said trap, you've just rang the dinner bell for him to come over to you.  If he pays attention to his map, he'll see the trap has been disabled at some point, and if he checks frequently, he'll know it was sometime soon.  Thus he is going to go over and investigate.  

No disrespect but your posts read like they're from a player who plays against potatoes who don't trap objectives because they just don't care about them nor who's over at them.  They see one player and get instant tunnel vision.  Your build will work great for that type of Jason, actually any build with AJ/Deborah/Chops will work great in that lobby to be honest.  

@SirMang Thank you, that is what I’ve been saying this whole time.

4 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Regarding your PS: I have explained how silent sprint/high composure AJ's effectiveness can leak into the beginning of Rage multiple times, including in this post. It's the play-style/tactics that the build makes possible immediately before Rage that matters, NOT the stat itself during Rage proper.

Once rage hits an AJ is easily detected like a Nessa, all the precautions you take to evade Jason a louder character can do the same thing and get the same result. At that point it’s not your stealth perks doing you a favor, it’s just you taking precaution. only difference between you and that Nessa is once Jason finds you that pretty much it for you if you have no options of escape. A good Nessa has a better chance. As Nessa I can run Jason for the whole 20 minutes. Not only that, if the only thing do in a pub is fix a car and dip that just sounds boring  asf 😂. That’s just my opinion though.

17 minutes ago, SirMang said:

If he pays attention to his map, he'll see the trap has been disabled at some point, and if he checks frequently, he'll know it was sometime soon.  Thus he is going to go over and investigate

While this is true, what exactly can Jason do about it?   By the time he realizes his trap was disarmed the repair will already be finished.  So unless it was the phone that was repaired and police arent called yet,  Jason will simply have gone from chasing one counselor to a different one.