Counselor Statistics Poll  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the most important counselor statistic is?

• Composure
    • Luck
    • Repair
    • Speed
    • Stamina
    • Stealth
    • Strength

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/12/2021 at 04:00 PM

5 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Unless your definition of completely useless means that Jason can toggle sense on at Mulholland at Pinehurst and can see you crouching behind a tree at Stoneside. Because that's what happens when rage kicks in. But here's the real kicker, once his sense gets super charged like that, he loses his ability to see almost any noise ping. So now Vanessa has about the same advantage as you do.

Not gonna continue this with you. I’ve explained multiple times how AJ should use stealth and composure in the game, including during Rage, and it doesn’t involve crouching to hide. Only noobs hide with AJ because they don’t know how to do anything else. It’s the exact opposite of how you should use her.

Had two games last night where I remained off Jason’s radar after he got Rage and ended up surviving. And I did the apparently impossible during one of them: I took an item to an objective with my weak little legs and... fixed it. 😱

Like the question of shack trapping, I will be using my own experience to guide me.

14 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Had two games last night where I remained off Jason’s radar after he got Rage and ended up surviving.

Well quick play is full of potatoes I guess 🤷

Half the J's get lost in their own shack

3 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Well quick play is full of potatoes I guess 🤷

Half the J's get lost in their own shack

Those ‘potatoes’ were killing low stealth/composure counselors while I was escaping. Good thing they had enough speed and stamina to give me the time I needed. ;)

Pre rage buff i'd say stealth because if you plated a character like A.J and had all the stealth perks at their highest, you could hide from Jason even when he had rage.

Post rage buff you'd have to go with stamina just purely on the fact that if you need it to survive because no point in being stealthy because Jason will eventually find you and not being able to stun him means looping him as long as you can and stamina is your best option to surviving. 

8 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Unless your definition of completely useless means that Jason can toggle sense on at Mulholland at Pinehurst and can see you crouching behind a tree at Stoneside. Because that's what happens when rage kicks in

That would be incorrect.  While Rage gives sense a larger diameter to detect, it still cant see the entirety of large maps like Pinehurst (depending on counselor fear level).

On 5/11/2020 at 8:20 PM, SirMang said:

It's because stealth and composure are completely worthless once Jason gets rage.  Pre-rage they are strong perks to be sure but once Jason gets rage they mean nothing.  if Jason's sense ability was ever reworked, get rid of the sense spam, they would been more beneficial as well. 

Your stamina recharges slower the more fear you're in, so composure inadvertently affects that.

Not worthless. 

As for stealth, RIP

stats tier list imo

1-speed

2-repair

3-stealth

4-composure

5-strenght

6-stamina

7-luck

imo high composure counselors are more fun to play with, but high speed is kind of broken considering the gap between low speed and high speed. luck is the worst for sure and it's very situational

8 minutes ago, Carlso said:

stats tier list imo

1-speed

2-repair

3-stealth

4-composure

5-strenght

6-stamina

Tell me how strength, composure, or stealth are going to help save your life when you’re out of stamina? It’s beyond me why you have stamina as low tier

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Tell me how strength, composure, or stealth are going to help save your life when you’re out of stamina? It’s beyond me why you have stamina as low tier

cuz if you know how to use stam correctely it doesnt need to be high

4 minutes ago, Carlso said:

cuz if you know how to use stam correctely it doesnt need to be high

But if a decent to good Jason is tunneling you for 10+ Minutes you probably won’t survive if you’re using a low stam counselor like Deborah. You’ll wear out eventually

On 6/5/2020 at 9:04 PM, DontZzz34 said:

But if a decent to good Jason is tunneling you for 10+ Minutes you probably won’t survive if you’re using a low stam counselor like Deborah. You’ll wear out eventually

nah you just need to be on a area with a lot of houses

For me gotta be either Stealth or Repair... I main with A.J...with legendary Low Profile/My Dad's a Cop/Level Headed...so I feel like for me it's gotta be one of those.

On 6/7/2020 at 8:48 PM, Carlso said:

nah you just need to be on a area with a lot of houses

Yeah and if Jason is smart he will eventually break all the windows and doors. And with your low stamina counselor you’ll have to window hop more meaning abusing broken windows which only lasts so long before you run dry on hp and spray cans 

12 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

if Jason is smart he will eventually break all the windows and doors

and waste more time. what kind of jason will destroy every single window and door in the area before chasing someone? i would be pleased if jason does that, so the other counselors could repair stuff...

Stamina is most important stat in the game, it's like a life bar.

After that, I'd say repair for 2nd place and 3rd place would be composure.

#1 Stamina ( Life bar, once its out, you're basically dead unless you have a pocket knife)

#2 Repair (A stat to repair vehicles and the phone faster. Obviously important especially for a good Jason. Only high repair counselors can repair when Jason is in the vicinity.)

#3 Composure (Having less fear keeps your stamina regenerating normally, allowing you to use your minimap and inventory, and breaking free from Jason's grasp. Also helps prerage when you're outside of Jason's normal sense detection range. Also helps stumble less when not scared)

#4 Luck (Useful for bodyguarding people and battling Jason, although has little significance after rage outside of starting the car faster and tripping less if you have high composure.)

#5 Speed (A bonus to have with stamina but not that important in the grand scheme since Jason can outshift anyone running. Although high speed counselors dont have to sprint to keep ahead of running Jasons, so they preserve stamina)

#6 Stealth (Useful to a degree if you know how to use it properly to push objectives or wishing to stay away from Jason prerage. Although after rage, stealth has absolutely no significance in the game since everyone's stealth is significantly boosted. I think Vanessa's stealth is a 8 in rage mode. Jason also relies on his sense in rage, his range is significantly boosted)

#7 Strength (not useful in normal gameplay unless your intent is killing Jason, I'd say the weakest stat, although it helps a bit with breaking from Jason's grasp, composure is better for that but both combined is ideal. )

On 5/14/2020 at 8:54 AM, Eva Watanabe said:

Those ‘potatoes’ were killing low stealth/composure counselors while I was escaping. Good thing they had enough speed and stamina to give me the time I needed. ;)

In pub lobbies, where the Jason's are not very skilled then your methods of stealth will work, but against good Jasons they will absolutely not work because of the points @Somethin Cool & @SirMang made. I know one of them plays in a competitive league because I’m actually on the same team as one of them and in that competitive league it is not like pub lobbies at all, every single counselor needs to communicate & work together. But, against good Js. Stealth is useless post rage mode simply due to the fact that Jason’s sense ability gets super-charged. 

1 hour ago, Seraphic King said:

In pub lobbies, where the Jason's are not very skilled then your methods of stealth will work, but against good Jasons they will absolutely not work because of the points @Somethin Cool & @SirMang made. I know one of them plays in a competitive league because I’m actually on the same team as one of them and in that competitive league it is not like pub lobbies at all, every single counselor needs to communicate & work together. But, against good Js. Stealth is useless post rage mode simply due to the fact that Jason’s sense ability gets super-charged. 

As I’ve said, regardless of the technical effectiveness of stealth during Rage there is often a window of a few minutes at minimum where Jason will continue to pursue less stealthy counselors he was engaged with pre-Rage. The same tactics of using the map for Jason/counselor avoidance continue to work during this period. And yes, I’ve tested this against many high level Jasons. My experience is based on over a year of playing exclusively with AJ with a -15 noise Lightfoot and -9 fear Preparedness equipped and I wouldn’t have kept coming back to her if she only worked against unskilled Jasons.

Obviously organized league play where everyone is communicating will be different. AJ is a pure lone wolf character who is often most successful using other counselors’ aggression and teamwork to her own advantage. She can be used in a team effectively if others have the discipline to distract properly and give her space to work but it’s simpler to use her as a parasite of sorts. I absolutely love letting low stealth counselors, often clearly working together in party chat, keep Jason occupied and get picked off one by one while I just go about my business hunting for parts and doing repairs as far away as possible. I don’t make a point of escaping alone but I have to admit I find those escapes most satisfying. :ajsaltbae:

Anyhow, I’m thankful it’s not a requirement to play the game with teams. I ended up choosing to block all contact on PSN because I found it tedious feeling obligated to work with people who invited me into groups (my play style might be parasitical but I work with others when appropriate and don’t fuck nice players over so I’d often get invites). Highly organized league play would probably not interest me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Anyhow, I’m thankful it’s not a requirement to play the game with teams. I ended up choosing to block all contact on PSN because I found it tedious feeling obligated to work with people who invited me into groups (my play style might be parasitical but I work with others when appropriate and don’t fuck nice players over so I’d often get invites). Highly organized league play would probably not interest me.

Well if you’re in a pub lobby with a top tier J then you’re gonna get wrecked because teamwork is needed. So have fun in pubs

20 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

Well if you’re in a pub lobby with a top tier J then you’re gonna get wrecked because teamwork is needed. So have fun in pubs

Did you not read my post? I've been successfully using my AJ build for over a year now; I don't need advice on what to expect from public lobby Jasons. :huh: Top tier Jasons are trickier, as they should be, but as I said I wouldn't keep using her if she was only effective against scrub Jasons. And there's actually a significant element of luck involved when going up against a silent sprint AJ who doesn't make repair mistakes so Jason's skill level is often quite irrelevant during my games.

The game is designed to accommodate both team oriented and lone wolf play styles. There are 7-8 counselors to focus on (many of them quite loud/aggressive), multiple escape objectives and Jason has a finite number of traps + limited map coverage due to morph and shift cool down. Which is to say: Jason can't be everywhere at once. So long as I have silent sprint and a map I have no problem keeping several counselors between Jason and myself. High repair keeps Jason unaware of my work on objectives; traps are a complication but that's what PK's, med sprays and other counselors are for. It's so fun swooping on an objective after a team of poor repair counselors has been slaughtered trying to fix it while I calmly observed their progress from afar. :lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

but as I said I wouldn't keep using her if she was only effective against scrub Jasons. And there's actually a significant element of luck involved when going up against a silent sprint AJ who doesn't make repair mistakes so Jason's skill level is often quite irrelevant during my games.

Lmaooo, bro you’re not understanding, against Top Tier Jasons like Toxic Viper, Me, Jliles, Wolf Predator or a few others  I can’t name. You cannot beat those Jasons without teamwork. They can make quick work of a pub lobby vanessa.. The game is only designed for lone wolf style gameplay if only the Jason is not that good. Team work like communication, pushing objectives at the same time, and all that good stuff or saving each other. Also your stealth doesn’t matter when you are going to be actively repairing things because as soon as you start a car or call the cops, Jason will know exactly where you are. 

What happens if Jason spawns on you, with no one there to help you? You only got so much stam. What happens if Jason was shifting on you without you knowing and no one there to communicate that he was shifting.  

8 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Why does every thread seem to turn into some dick swinging contest? Its getting old.

Not a dick swinging contest, more a debate/argument. You’re the only one who is taking it that way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Why does every thread seem to turn into some dick swinging contest? Its getting old.

how would it be the fun if it weren't? XD 

On 6/19/2020 at 4:25 PM, Seraphic King said:

Lmaooo, bro you’re not understanding, against Top Tier Jasons like Toxic Viper, Me, Jliles, Wolf Predator or a few others  I can’t name. You cannot beat those Jasons without teamwork. They can make quick work of a pub lobby vanessa.. The game is only designed for lone wolf style gameplay if only the Jason is not that good. Team work like communication, pushing objectives at the same time, and all that good stuff or saving each other. Also your stealth doesn’t matter when you are going to be actively repairing things because as soon as you start a car or call the cops, Jason will know exactly where you are. 

What happens if Jason spawns on you, with no one there to help you? You only got so much stam. What happens if Jason was shifting on you without you knowing and no one there to communicate that he was shifting.  

I certainly do understand. And no, I'm not interested in a dick swinging contest which is indeed how your posts come off ('LMAO', 'wrecked', etc). I encounter so called pro-quality Jasons in about 1% of my public lobby matches at most and still end up enjoying my play style in those matches regardless of the outcome. Certainly haven't seen anything to suggest lone wolfing is hopeless against any Jason regardless of their skill level. :shrug:

I'll take your post point by point:

1 I have a mic and ears. I let people know where things are when I think it might do some good and keep track of other active mic users, including teams. Most of the time I keep my mouth shut now since I rarely find people worth taking to but lone wolfing and communication are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

2 I make a point of doing repairs when Jason is busy elsewhere, preferably on the other side of the map. Pushing objectives at the same time is indeed quite helpful but all you need to do that is to regularly keep your eyes on the map and objective status screen.

3 I save other counselors when I end up in a situation where I must work together for a car, the phone, escaping, getting the kill, whatever. 'Lone wolf' doesn't mean I'm a dick or stupid. That said, my poor luck means I have to be picky about choosing my fights so, no, I'm not gonna stick around with a bunch of counselors if there's nothing in it for me. Experience tells me that I'm more likely to save others than get saved myself.

4 A good Jason often won't bother going to the phone house after a call is already made if he's currently pursuing other counselors. What's the point? Even if he does, my stealth/composure often allows me slip away once he arrives. I enjoy the cat and mouse game that ensues. As for the car & boat, I have a good Speed Demon and working alone means I get to use it a lot. I don't sweat Jason hearing me start a vehicle anymore. If he's good enough to catch up with me, I tip my cap and congratulate him on a good game. I'm most likely to die when, against my better judgement, I stop to pick other counselors up. Again, experience tells me that my generosity usually will not be reciprocated. 

5 Jason spawns/morphs on me? That's the luck element I mentioned earlier and is the main reason I very occasionally die early. I use my Sucker Punch if necessary and look to dump Jason on another counselor or hope he gives up to focus on an objective. Sometimes I'll hide if it occurs at the very beginning of the game and I'm in an isolated area or a the main house. Otherwise I take my chances with cabin hopping. Can't survive every game.

6 I have never found myself wishing I had someone letting me know Jason was shifting. Is this something teams rely on? Jason's the one who doesn't see me most of the time, not the other way around.

In the end, I play the way I do because I enjoy it. And I wouldn't enjoy it if it didn't work against good Jasons. As I've said, regularly working in a team does not interest me and I find play styles that require constant combat and juking tedious. Perhaps you could try keeping an open mind and allow that others have had a difference experience with the game than you have?