Most of us know the bots are a bit lackluster in challenge.

Has anyone had a round where the bots actually did things that made you think they were trying to survive?

I played a round a day or two ago, and had Deborah just finish fixing the phone box as I morphed to it from the shack.

• Like 4

Not really trying to survive but a couple of times the bots have managed to hit me as I’m coming out of shift going for a shift grab. 

No human player has ever done it to me and on the couple of times I’ve tried I couldn’t get the timing to pull it off on a Jason player. 

Strangely enough, for me the bots are always obsessed with the phone box. I can literally use all my traps and they will tank them again and again. It's humorous. 😂 Same for the Tommy box.

@Top_Cat, it's funny how aggressive the bots are sometimes. They love attacking me while I'm in the animation for an environmental kill.

@gmintz09, I have the occasional bot use a knife to disarm a trap.

@YouAndYourFriendsAreDead, I still have yet to have that happen.

• Like 2

Eh? They fix the fuse box, phone the police, knock me down, get 2 cars out and call Tommy they do everything but then I let them as its cute letting them escape 😂 

17 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@Top_Cat, it's funny how aggressive the bots are sometimes. They love attacking me while I'm in the animation for an environmental kill.

@gmintz09, I have the occasional bot use a knife to disarm a trap.

@YouAndYourFriendsAreDead, I still have yet to have that happen.

Yeah La Chappa is the worst he is madly aggressive as a bot nothing like in real play 😂

once i was playing with the difficulty on hard because i planned on hacking them all to death anyways. i caught an offline bot eric fixing the phone box. i let him fix it then i killed him so i could see if any of the other offline brats would catch on & call the cops. to my suprise, offline bot AJ not only called the cops, but she fixed the power box on the way over there. then i chopped her up : )

I do a lot of out-of-map exploring, which requires the police being present, which requires the phone being fixed and used. I'll set the difficulty to hard and stay in the shack until I hear the police on the radio. Sometimes they never fix the phone at all, but other times they'll have it done before Sense activates. Once the cops get there, the Bots seem to have no problem escaping, which is actually a bit of a problem. You're trying to play Indiana Jones and suddenly the round ends because they all escaped. The best way I found to deal with this is hope they get a car running before the cops show up, then go TK the car, as this usually guarantees at least one or two of them won't run to the police and will instead kinda just stand around the car like they're waiting for it to un-glitch itself.

I had Shelly actually attempt to drive the car against me in bots.  This was back when bots was first introduced so I don't know if they try to drive cars anymore. 

On 5/8/2020 at 2:00 AM, Fair Play said:

I played a round a day or two ago, and had Deborah just finish fixing the phone box as I morphed to it from the shack.

Thought I was the only one that witnessed such an accomplishment, lol 

Did anyone ever got killed by the bots (Intentionally, of course)  or watch them at least try to do so (sweater girl and Tommy coming together after you)?

25 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

Did anyone ever got killed by the bots (Intentionally, of course)  or watch them at least try to do so (sweater girl and Tommy coming together after you)?

This is impossible and a shame at the same time

19 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@SirMang, the bots still drive the car, just not very well.

They never did drive very well, Shelly literally drove right into me.  I haven't played bots since maybe a couple weeks after it was released...whenever that was at this point. 

I'm curious if they'll now attempt to take the boat out, I know back then they did not.  Wondering if that was changed.

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

They never did drive very well, Shelly literally drove right into me.  I haven't played bots since maybe a couple weeks after it was released...whenever that was at this point. 

I'm curious if they'll now attempt to take the boat out, I know back then they did not.  Wondering if that was changed.

The boat won't spawn in Bots, though the parts to it will. The bots will drive cars, but barely. They'll even try to juke you, though usually this results in at least one crash or betrayal (if other bots are around). 

On Jarvis House as well as a couple of other maps, I've caught bots wandering around the shack, but none of them have actually gone inside. It really is a shame that they won't try to kill you, I'd have liked to have seen how badly they fuck it up.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

While they can't fix the boat or kill Jason at the moment, I'd like to see both as options before the game is completely abandoned by the developers.

• Like 4

The game hasn't been completely abandoned already?? Oh wait I forgot about Jeff the intern trying to earn his stripes. It's been 3 years... The bots will always be on the short bus and the game as a whole will be buggier than Jason's grave at the opening of Jason Lives. I will still play bots until I die though for the sheer novelty.

When Jenny is in the car after starting it up and as she waits for other counselors, I go near the area where the car is and try to kill the other counselors that try to get in . Gotta love it when they get hit by the car when I pick them up near it lol :D. I just love seeing her driving off and see if she hits anything as she's escaping, sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't

I had one last year where I heard the car starting so I strolled, yes, strolled up the road where I fully expected to either smash it or find it stuck alongside the road. But even as I took my time, whistling to myself, I could only watch dumbfounded as Deborah swerved around me through trees and left me flatfooted on the road while she cruised to safety, taking 2 other counselors with her. Only happened once, but I was in awe lol. Taught me a lesson that day. Cheers, and game on, my friends 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

When Jenny is in the car after starting it up and as she waits for other counselors, I go near the area where the car is and try to kill the other counselors that try to get in . Gotta love it when they get hit by the car when I pick them up near it lol :D. I just love seeing her driving off and see if she hits anything as she's escaping, sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't

Jenny is a better driver than Tommy it seems. Poor guy hit a couple counselors in a bot match this afternoon.

11 hours ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

I had one last year where I heard the car starting so I strolled, yes, strolled up the road where I fully expected to either smash it or find it stuck alongside the road. But even as I took my time, whistling to myself, I could only watch dumbfounded as Deborah swerved around me through trees and left me flatfooted on the road while she cruised to safety, taking 2 other counselors with her. Only happened once, but I was in awe lol. Taught me a lesson that day. Cheers, and game on, my friends 

The bots can be full of surprises.

• Like 2

Bots work better on PS4 pro. Not only do you not have to go around and wake them all up, but every once in awhile they can actually be a bit of a challenge.

(Just a little bit though 😉)

I wouldn't call this a success story, but I've had a Tommy wait by the police exit just to shoot me before he left. Even the bots will troll your ass.