Sign in to follow this  
OCT 31 1978

Custom NECA Jason Takes Manhattan

Continuing my custom Neca Jason line up that may or may not see the light of day officially from Neca because of the lawsuit......

.......The one...the only....Jason Voorhees...

As he appears in Friday the 13th part 8 : Jason Takes Manhattan....

Let me know what you guys think!

“ Go ahead...take your best shot...Mother Fucker.”

0884652B-C7B3-4684-AD5C-C560549A449B.jpeg

That is amazing! J8 is my favorite Jason look out of all of them. What figure did you use for the base? I think I may have to try my hand at making my own J8 custom.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 11:02 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

That is amazing! J8 is my favorite Jason look out of all of them. What figure did you use for the base? I think I may have to try my hand at making my own J8 custom.

Thanks Dragon!!!!

I was hoping you would like it since J8 is your Avatar I figured his look was one of your favorites.... I dig his look in the movie as well.

The base figure is a Jason Lives body with a Bloody mask Dream Sequence Jason head sculpt....( I was able to purchase a second Jason lives body For only 12 bucks on eBay a few weeks ago.)

Dream Sequence Jason figure has been the gift that keeps on giving lol....I used one head sculpt for my Jason lives Figure, the other for this J8 custom and his body for my Custom J9.

So here is what I did...
I shaved the sides of his sleeves down and detached the machete and knife  sheaths and Throwing knife pouch.....

I shaved down the detail work from the belt cut out the torn sections of his shirt and Used Greenstuff sculpty to Resculpt the shirt, torn sleeves, Ripped shoulder section and pants.........I continued with the Greenstuff to sculpt his Bloated rotten Flesh on his arms.......I did it in layers as greenstuff allows for high details especially if you build it up in layers.

Painted his clothes a flat black and dry brushed a slightly lighter shade of black almost a really dark grey with a splash of green To Stand out and highlight the folds and creases in his clothing So they would look extra slimy....

The head was a simple re-paint of the skin and mask added the chevrons sealed it with a coat of High gloss modepodge and done.

I will say those side Chevrons On the mask took me a long time before I was happy with them.

I tried to get a very translucent look to his skin tone.....in the movie it comes off as light grey almost creamy white but  flesh tones show up in certain lighting....it was tough to nail down so in the end this is my interpretation of it.

I will post more pictures soon I am going to delete a few on here and post some new ones later.....

(if you do get into making your own customs I can’t wait to see them!!! I really enjoyed making these customs so far, I am sure you will too...it’s kinda addicting.)

next up Is Pre-Uber Jason X.....I am completely sculpting the mask on my own I can’t find anything that has that distinct look that he sports in that movie.. I have his neck collar and wrist chains already done......I am saving J7 for last.....his look will require more sculpting than any of them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Looks nice! ANY P7? I would love one!

J7 is on my list after pre-Uber.....part 7 as you know has a very unique and detailed look...  There will be a-lot of sculpting involved .....all of them bones and his torn up clothing....) I am saving him for last....😃

7 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

I want a ghost Jason!

Hmmmmm......he would make a Cool figure.....perhaps I will add him to my collection eventually as well.

15 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

J7 is on my list after pre-Uber.....part 7 as you know has a very unique and detailed look...  There will be a-lot of sculpting involved .....all of them bones and his torn up clothing....) I am saving him for last....😃

Send me a prototype? 👀

12 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Send me a prototype? 👀

Lol

I can’t wait to have a complete Kane Hodder Jason Neca collection....parts 7,8, 9 and 10 are ones I have wanted for a long time.

I will definitely be posting J7 on the Forums, I Will keep you up to speed on my progress...

There is definitely  a-lot Going into that figure.....

I also will eventually do un-masked version for all of them as well.

On 5/9/2020 at 4:49 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Lol

I can’t wait to have a complete Kane Hodder Jason Neca collection....parts 7,8, 9 and 10 are ones I have wanted for a long time.

I will definitely be posting J7 on the Forums, I Will keep you up to speed on my progress...

There is definitely  a-lot Going into that figure.....

I also will eventually do un-masked version for all of them as well.

I CANT WAIT!

• Like 1

I dig this, man. Good work! My custom jobs have only ever involved slapping purple and blue paint on a couple figures and calling it a day, haha.

Can't wait to see your pre-Uber. It's one of my favorite Jason looks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dogmatic said:

I dig this, man. Good work! My custom jobs have only ever involved slapping purple and blue paint on a couple figures and calling it a day, haha.

Can't wait to see your pre-Uber. It's one of my favorite Jason looks.

Thank you my good man I appreciate The kind words.

updates on Pre-Uber coming “soon”.

lol

Damn, you did an awesome job, looks like an official figure

• Like 1

20 hours ago, VLK said:

Damn, you did an awesome job, looks like an official figure

Thank you that is some high praise I truly appreciate it !! I really took my time with this guy sculpting all the arm details and tears in the shirt and pants and with the paint apps.

I really wanted to get as many details right with this figure. J8’s Black shirt with black pants and black gloves is a relatively simple look but the without the details it wouldn’t be nearly as amazing looking on film.... that Slimy bloated damaged skin And color.....his unique Yellow mask....I wanted it to be as close as possible.

I must recognize you have a lot of patience, remind me of a guy that made a diorama of uber Jason fighting enraged Rick from splatterhouse remake which was awesome back then, I'll see if I can find the pictures he posted

By the way, you'll add the pink electric guitar?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VLK said:

I must recognize you have a lot of patience, remind me of a guy that made a diorama of uber Jason fighting enraged Rick from splatterhouse remake which was awesome back then, I'll see if I can find the pictures he posted

By the way, you'll add the pink electric guitar?

Definitely would love to see the pictures!

JJ’s axe Guitar 🎸 would be a great accessory to add to J8 I will keep an eye out on what to use to make it or maybe attempt to sculpt it myself....

I have finished sculpting the mask and head for my Pre-Uber Jason and his futuristic medical Machete.....

Still have work to do on the base body but coming along nicely....... going to pick up some chrome paint on Monday.

the remake Jason or Freddy vs Jason neca figures can provide you with a nice body base for pre uber jason

• Like 1

Very nice! I have a NECA part 3 figure. I really wanted J8, not sure why they didn’t make a figure of him. It’s my favorite look out of all the Jasons. Nice work customizing it yourself. That is goals 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 1:56 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Very nice! I have a NECA part 3 figure. I really wanted J8, not sure why they didn’t make a figure of him. It’s my favorite look out of all the Jasons. Nice work customizing it yourself. That is goals 

Thanks buddy!!!  My J8 is one of the prides Of my collection now.

Neca did have plans to make 7,8, 9 and 10 until the lawsuit stopped them in their tracks as well......part 7 was going to be the next ultimate figure.....

Hopefully things change soon with the cease and desist issues with the franchise.....and more movies/ books/ figures etc.... come our way.

18 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Thanks buddy!!! He is one of my pride and joys of my collection now.

Neca did have plans to make 7,8, 9 and 10 until the lawsuit stopped them in their tracks as well......part 7 was going to be the next ultimate figure.....

Hopefully things change soon with the cease and desist issues with the franchise.....and more movies/ books/ figures etc.... come our way.

Yeah no problem man. 

Oh... I see now it makes sense why they aren’t available. We can all hope the lawsuit ends soon so more Jason/f13 related things can come our way again 😁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yeah no problem man. 

Oh... I see now it makes sense why they aren’t available. We can all hope the lawsuit ends soon so more Jason/f13 related things can come our way again 😁

Agreed Fingers crossed 🤞 If I am not mistaken something this month is supposed to be decided with the lawsuit.....

until then J7 New Blood Custom is next I will tag you when it’s ready for viewing!

• Like 1