Sign in to follow this  
FridayThe31st

Finally Rolled the No Fear Jenny Build!

I’ve been trying this for a while, and on Xbox I’ve had no luck because even though I have over a million CP, I don’t want to sell any of my perks because they’re mostly all rare and legendary. So after I got the Switch version of the game, I’ve been dedicated to trying to roll that specific build. I got lucky enough to have gotten the 10% preparedness perk (with a minus 2% sprint speed or something like that) a couple weeks ago, and I tried the build with that and the 6% nerves of steel perk (it was the maximum percentage I could roll, and it’s also the same nerves of steel perk I use for most of my counselors so I never lose my minimap. Helps a lot). Of course that didnt work at all. Jenny took some time to gain fear but when she did, she wouldn’t lose it for a very long time. 

Just today I was rolling some perks and couldn’t believe it when I got the 10% nerves of steel perk (with another 2% negative sprint speed I believe it was). Right away I tried it out and now, I’m back to doing what I did when I first got the game: maining Jenny. But of course now it’s no fear Jenny, and in my opinion, as somebody who played Vanessa A LOT and think she’s one of the best if not the best counselor in the game, I think no fear Jenny is stronger than Vanessa. Main reason is the stamina. Vanessa has a lot of stamina but after she gains fear, it slowly takes longer to gain back. And while it’s not that noticeable since she has a lot of stamina to begin with, Jenny gains it back a whole lot faster because she never gains any fear to begin with.

My perks for Jenny is now 10% nerves of steel, 10% preparedness and of course the thick skinned - which is about 23%. 

hell yeah man. ive been playin with jenny for a while now & i dig it. i got 10% nerves but only 9% map.. the build works pretty damn good as it is so im really looking forward to rolling the 10% map to see how much of a difference it is between 9 & 10%.. ive gotten really good at jenny's shitty repair skill checks now so im not seeing too much of a down side to her. & i agree, i think she is better than vanessa too. i never really liked playing as vanessa in the first place tho.. im more of a repair guy, fox, mitch, aj & deb.. sometimes good ol shelly just because he is shelly dammit!!

Same Jenny build for me. I use thickskinned for the 3rd slot

On 5/3/2020 at 3:05 PM, FridayThe31st said:

Just today I was rolling some perks and couldn’t believe it when I got the 10% nerves of steel perk (with another 2% negative sprint speed I believe it was). Right away I tried it out and now, I’m back to doing what I did when I first got the game: maining Jenny. But of course now it’s no fear Jenny, and in my opinion, as somebody who played Vanessa A LOT and think she’s one of the best if not the best counselor in the game, I think no fear Jenny is stronger than Vanessa. Main reason is the stamina. Vanessa has a lot of stamina but after she gains fear, it slowly takes longer to gain back. And while it’s not that noticeable since she has a lot of stamina to begin with, Jenny gains it back a whole lot faster because she never gains any fear to begin with.

My perks for Jenny is now 10% nerves of steel, 10% preparedness and of course the thick skinned - which is about 23%. 

Glad you are enjoying the build.  NFJ is very strong, but I wouldn't go as far as saying she is stronger than Vanessa, both because of the lack of flexibility with perks (no Medic and ThickSkinned) and the contributions that Vanessa bring to a squad are still greater than NFJ.

Having a maximum of 30 perks is really constricting to players who want to try different builds. Perhaps it should be changed to 50, or each counselor should have their own perk inventory that's independent from other counselors (10-15 perks).

• Like 1

True, Jenny is the only counselor modeled after a survivor.