22 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Even with some of the misgivings when comparing the game and film counterparts. This aspect is probably the one aspect people will look back on positively throughout the years when talking about the game. Something a big developer may have just pushed aside.

That's true. Overall I think they did a pretty good job on the looks of the Jason's and the maps as well.

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago I watched every F13 movie again and I was super impressed on how accurate the game is, especially with the maps.  Crystal lake in particular is identical.  From the archery range to the boathouse its uncanny. 

They took the most liberties with counselor design but even still you could see who they were getting inspiration from, even if they dont look identical.  (Ie Tiffany seems like a combo of the twins from Part 4 and Terri from Part 2).  Muffin ❤️

On 5/5/2020 at 8:01 PM, Jason Lover said:

I

On 5/5/2020 at 8:03 PM, Jason Lover said:

RichardBrooker2.png

Jason Part III.jpg

Sorry, but you are very clearly wrong. This isn't an optical illusion. He clearly has an ear in this picture, and a nub in other scenes. Sorry.

• Thanks 1

A key thing to note is that Jason's makeup is different depending on whether or not his face is shown. Full prothestics for face reveal and and a cowl/hood for when he's wearing the hockey mask. This is why he has the nub when unmasked and a whole ear with the hockey mask. This can also vary from shot to shot as there are more than one mask/hood. Remember that time Michael Meyer's mask randomly turns pink?

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

A key thing to note is that Jason's makeup is different depending on whether or not his face is shown. Full prothestics for face reveal and and a cowl/hood for when he's wearing the hockey mask. This is why he has the nub when unmasked and a whole ear with the hockey mask. This can also vary from shot to shot as there are more than one mask/hood. Remember that time Michael Meyer's mask randomly turns pink?

Exactly.

Oof. Was I ever wrong. I found the difference. This is probably why there are two different looking ears. Still not the big floppy ear that's covered by the mask strap in the game but Jason definitely had a different look early in the movie.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3319769/original-friday-13th-part-iii-ending-revealed/

🤦‍♀️

• Thanks 1

I should not have made this thread because I am wrong for saying that the devs got Jason's right ear wrong. They did do a phenomenal job of creating every Jason in the game with deadly accuracy to the films, as a matter of fact the Jasons in the game look better than in the movies especially the Part IX Jason! :D  

2 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

I should not have made this thread because I am wrong for saying that the devs got Jason's right ear wrong. They did do a phenomenal job of creating every Jason in the game with deadly accuracy to the films, as a matter of fact the Jasons in the game look better than in the movies especially the Part IX Jason! :D  

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2014/10/the-original-friday-13th-part-3-ending.html?m=1

Here are better pics of "original part 3" Jason

9 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yeah I've seen those photos before. Looks like they made the cowl from that Stan Winston created Jason to be worn during the majority of filming and then in the dream sequence they created a different neck, head & right ear for that Jason.

Just now, Jason Lover said:

Yeah I've seen those photos before. Looks like they made the cowl from that Stan Winston created Jason to be worn during the majority of filming and then in the dream sequence they created a different neck, head & right ear for that Jason.

I don't even think it's that complicated. They already had all the mask on scenes done. Got through the ending, decided Jason demasked looked like shit and the ending sucked, redesigned the face of Jason, and reshot the ending. Not unlike what they did in Halloween H20 when they decided Michael's mask sucked.

Just now, Somethin Cool said:

I don't even think it's that complicated. They already had all the mask on scenes done. Got through the ending, decided Jason demasked looked like shit and the ending sucked, redesigned the face of Jason, and reshot the ending. Not unlike what they did in Halloween H20 when they decided Michael's mask sucked.

You seem to think that the possibility of Jason having two different right ears is complicated though.

Just now, Jason Lover said:

You seem to think that the possibility of Jason having two different right ears is complicated though.

I said it was never a full ear and it's not. Definitely not like it is in the game anyway. The right ear in the game is huge and looks pretty normal. And from what little they showed in the movie of the final scenes you never got a really clear view of his ear. Both ear designs in the still photos are a similar size. The top of the ear is not fully there but its not quite as gimpy looking as what's in the black and white photo. Now knowing that they redesigned the face it's obvious that they didn't reshoot the whole movie when they decided they didn't like the original look. 

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

I said it was never a full ear and it's not. Definitely not like it is in the game anyway. The right ear in the game is huge and looks pretty normal. And from what little they showed in the movie of the final scenes you never got a really clear view of his ear. Both ear designs in the still photos are a similar size. The top of the ear is not fully there but its not quite as gimpy looking as what's in the black and white photo. Now knowing that they redesigned the face it's obvious that they didn't reshoot the whole movie when they decided they didn't like the original look. 

Finally you admit it and thank you! :D

I believe all the Jasons are screen accurate tbh....they did get help from Mario Kirner himself to help replicate majority of all the clothing/masks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

Finally you admit it and thank you! :D

More than I can say for you. Lol you claim to know beforehand that they redesigned Jason, and yet the simple fact that they didn't reshoot the entire movie because Jason's ear didn't match up for two blurry seconds of footage in the movie never occured to you? Lol you didn't even know it wasn't just the dream sequence that was reshot with the redesigned Jason. They added the entire barn scene as well.

The only Jason I don't like is Roy. Also it bothers me that part 4 is missing small tufts of hair on his head. That and his right ear seems too big.

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

The only Jason I don't like is Roy. Also it bothers me that part 4 is missing small tufts of hair on his head. That and his right ear seems too big.

Part 4 doesn't look right at all. His head is longer in the movie. And yeah, that dumbo ear is ridiculous

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

More than I can say for you. Lol you claim to know beforehand that they redesigned Jason, and yet the simple fact that they didn't reshoot the entire movie because Jason's ear didn't match up for two blurry seconds of footage in the movie never occured to you? Lol you didn't even know it wasn't just the dream sequence that was reshot with the redesigned Jason. They added the entire barn scene as well.

Part III has blurry footage in it? You sir have hit the crack-pipe yet again.

19 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

Part III has blurry footage in it? You sir have hit the crack-pipe yet again.

You don't watch it in 3D? It's groovy asf after a few shrooms. Little acid? Good times for sure. 

Someday I'll get 3D glasses so I can really enjoy it...

Crack's for sissies

But seriously, wHaTs WrOnG wItH tHaT eAr ThO? wHy DiDnT tHeY rEsHoOt ThE wHoLe LoW bUdGeT 80's HoRrOr MoViE? wHy DiDnT tHeY dEsIgN iN gAmE jAsOn AfTer ThE oNlY pIcTuRe In ThE wOrLd ThAt ClEaRlY sHoWs DrEaM sCeNe JaSoN dEmAsKed?

Lol it's more accurate the way it is than it would be to redesign him based on the end of the movie. That's probably why they covered it with the strap for the game. Hoping nobody would notice...

See I can troll too 😉

I'm going to have to ignore the user somethin cool. He was clearly being a troll stating that Jason's right ear in the two pictures that I posted was exactly the same. I will also ignore any of you other bastards that acts like him as well. I swear to God if I did play the online portion of this game and knew that there were under-age brats playing it I'd report them.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

I'm going to have to ignore the user somethin cool. He was clearly being a troll stating that Jason's right ear in the two pictures that I posted was exactly the same. I will also ignore any of you other bastards that acts like him as well. I swear to God if I did play the online portion of this game and knew that there were under-age brats playing it I'd report them.

Im 39 

But thanks

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

But yet you started the trolling with the crack pipe nonsense but can’t handle getting trolled back?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

But yet you started the trolling with the crack pipe nonsense but can’t handle getting trolled back?

I believe the first thing I said was that they probably used 2 different cowls. Then I thought maybe that black and white photo was taken at a different time, say maybe an early make up test or something.

So I watched those scenes a few times in slow motion and decided you couldn't really see that ear clearly enough to say either way which ear it is. So I decided maybe it was the same ear through the whole movie. Yet he kept insisting that they were different based on a single black and white still photo and some freeze frames which were mediocre quality at best.

And finally, I unlock the mystery of two different ears by stumbling across the photos of original Jason 3. Which he conveniently knew about the whole time.

But I'm the troll. 🤦‍♀️

Guess I must be hitting that crack pipe too hard again...

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Making a joke about how someone needs to quit the bullshit is not trolling but stating something that you know is complete horseshit definitely is! Somethin cool stated that Jason's right ear in the two pictures that I posted was completely identical and the reason that I couldn't see that is because of the lighting or whatever else. As someone else pointed out on here HE IS WRONG! But he just kept going and THAT'S when I made the crack-pipe joke. 

On 5/6/2020 at 5:18 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Jason Lover, they definitely couldn't figure out where they wanted to go with his ear.

C2FApSWUQAEZHRj.jpg

Friday-13th-Part-3-590.jpg 

@Somethin Cool, I believe the second picture I posted is why they have the strap covering his ear in the game.

On 5/7/2020 at 1:07 AM, Jason Lover said:

You seriously hit the crack pipe with that last statement sir.

I said these two photos are of the same ear. Because they are. They're both from reshoot Jason so they have to both be the same ear. Know how I know that? Because the original Jason from original dream sequence doesn't have an axe wound to his head. Therefore the dream sequence isn't the only reshoot. They had to reshoot the barn scene as well. Since Jason is demasked in the barn scene as well, we know for a fact that this is the same ear as your black and white photo.

I can admit when I'm wrong. Can you?