tyrant666

Non content related things/existing things they could've added to pad out level 150 to say 200

Obviously not happening, but still.

To give reason to play the game beyond level 150 with a very low playerbase.

Examples

Level 160 - Permanent Double Tape Drops for that player

Level 170 - Permanent Double XP for that player

Level 180 - Permanent Double Chance To Roll An Epic Or Legendary Perk

Level 190 - Counselor Clothing Swap - Swap Clothes between counselors, Debra in Tiff's clothes, AJ in Jenny's, Chad in LaChappas, etc

Level 200 - Jason Ability Swap/Hidden Abilities - Allow players to swap out existing preset Jason Strength/Weaknesses for another Jason's and the counselors don't know what loadout the Jason player has each match at level 200 as a result.

Examples - Part 7 has Part 2's loadout or Part 4 has Part 3's, etc. I was gonna say just allow straight customization, but without actual meaningful tuning to make things more problematic or useful, people would just pick the already known meta powers each and every time.

Every level 200 would run something like

+  Can Run

+ Knives/Traps/Weapon Strength/Destruction

+ Traps/Knives/Weapon Strength/Destruction

- Stun Resistance

- Grip Strength

- Stalk/Sense

And it would just be stupid, so just allowing presets even though people would just pick the dominant ones, I think would be neat trades.

You could add in little things in between if you wanted, but the major ones at interval of 10 level advances would stand out the most.

• Like 3

That sounds like a brilliant idea. My set up would be +Can Run, +Weapon Strength, and +Morph. I don't care about +Destruction since I can double tap very effectively on host and I don't want +Knife since I can knife cancel very consistently.

• Thanks 1

Or they could've just said "we're moving level cap from 150-200".

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Obviously not happening, but still.

To give reason to play the game beyond level 150 with a very low playerbase.

Examples

Level 160 - Permanent Double Tape Drops for that player

Level 170 - Permanent Double XP for that player

Level 180 - Permanent Double Chance To Roll An Epic Or Legendary Perk

Level 190 - Counselor Clothing Swap - Swap Clothes between counselors, Debra in Tiff's clothes, AJ in Jenny's, Chad in LaChappas, etc

Level 200 - Jason Ability Swap/Hidden Abilities - Allow players to swap out existing preset Jason Strength/Weaknesses for another Jason's and the counselors don't know what loadout the Jason player has each match at level 200 as a result.

Examples - Part 7 has Part 2's loadout or Part 4 has Part 3's, etc. I was gonna say just allow straight customization, but without actual meaningful tuning to make things more problematic or useful, people would just pick the already known meta powers each and every time.

Every level 200 would run something like

+  Can Run

+ Knives/Traps/Weapon Strength/Destruction

+ Traps/Knives/Weapon Strength/Destruction

- Stun Resistance

- Grip Strength

- Stalk/Sense

And it would just be stupid, so just allowing presets even though people would just pick the dominant ones, I think would be neat trades.

You could add in little things in between if you wanted, but the major ones at interval of 10 level advances would stand out the most.

And they can't do most of this because of the way the game was coded...

Would be pretty cool if it was possible. I’d like to run multiple set ups. 

Damage set up

+weapon strength, +throwing knives, +can run 

Map control set up

+shift, +morph, +traps 

Sneaky set up

+shift, +stalk, +destruction 

The increased chance to roll better perks would be nice. I think the Jason customization would actually be okay. Instead of swapping entire loadout though. Allow them to swap one strength and one weakness. 

i wouldve liked no level cap whatsoever.. itd be crazy to know what level you were really at by now, even with nothing farther to unlock.

• Like 1

I like the idea of raising level cap but I do not like the idea of a customizable Jason.  Once people figure out the best Jason build to clear lobbies thats all we will ever see.  Right now there is at least a downside to every Jason (maybe not savini)

Just what you want to see every match a Jason with...

Weapon strength, +traps, +shift

and -grip strength, -sense, -can't run

That would be the preferred build of choice on any and every Jason and that's what you'd get pretty much every match.  I'm sure some people would switch can run on and go neutral shift instead.

Can't the devs just go into the game and re-code it? They're the makers of the game. 

27 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

Can't the devs just go into the game and re-code it? They're the makers of the game. 

Illfonic is the team that coded the game. They are no longer affiliated with the game. Black Tower is the group trying to clean up the bugs and glitches that Illfonic left behind. It appears to be every time they change one thing in the code to correct an issue, it causes five more. Re-coding the game really isn't an option at this point in the games life cycle.

On 4/29/2020 at 6:52 PM, tyrant666 said:

Literally just had the same idea. In order to avoid breaking the game it would have to be limited to swapping the whole package and not just one strength or weakness for another. Should be limited to human Jasons swapping with other human Jasons and the reverse with zombie Jasons in order to maintain the spirit of the movies (zombie Jasons shouldn't run). They already added weapon swapping, which seems quite popular, and this seems like a logical follow-up to that idea. It would lead to greater variety of Jason skins in QP (gets boring seeing Parts 3 and 8 all the time) and would allow people to play as their preferred Jasons from the movies even if they don't like how they play in the game (hello, Parts 4 and 7!).

Are there any legal or technical reasons that would make the above idea difficult to implement?

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2020 at 1:12 PM, SirMang said:

Just what you want to see every match a Jason with...

Weapon strength, +traps, +shift

and -grip strength, -sense, -can't run

That would be the preferred build of choice on any and every Jason and that's what you'd get pretty much every match.  I'm sure some people would switch can run on and go neutral shift instead.

That probably would be the common build. It wouldn't be my approach, but it would happen alot. 

As a side note I'd love for it to be an option in offline bots.

+Traps with no morph/shift penalties would be a beast.

Would be interesting to put together a comprehensive list of new strength/weakness combos that wouldn't break the game. Full strength/weakness swapping could potentially work if you banned certain overpowered combos.