I seen a lot of Vanessa players running medic, thick skinned....marathon..etc. But is Restful being used by you guys as well? or is it just an option if you don't have other useful perks?

I thought it would be an important perk since it recharges stamina fast when trolling jason.

I wouldn't say it recharges stamina "fast" when around Jason.  No matter the counselor (except No Fear Jenny), your stamina regeneration rate decreases dramatically when around Jason for extended periods.  It's useful giving shorter run arounds, but if you plan on spending an extended period of time around Jason, it won't be that beneficial.  It's better to boost how much you have with marathon if that's your thing.

29 minutes ago, gmintz09 said:

I wouldn't say it recharges stamina "fast" when around Jason.  No matter the counselor (except No Fear Jenny), your stamina regeneration rate decreases dramatically when around Jason for extended periods.  It's useful giving shorter run arounds, but if you plan on spending an extended period of time around Jason, it won't be that beneficial.  It's better to boost how much you have with marathon if that's your thing.

It recharges stamina when standing still, and i've see people troll jason all the time standing still then jogging..repeat..repeat. That's what I meant. So I was wondering if doing that is good with Restful, but I guess not.

I used a good Restful with AJ for a while. It’s helpful when cabin hopping and saved my ass during a few escapes. But it’s not really the best choice for most counselors IMO.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vlone said:

It recharges stamina when standing still, and i've see people troll jason all the time standing still then jogging..repeat..repeat. That's what I meant. So I was wondering if doing that is good with Restful, but I guess not.

It DOES recharge stamina when standing still, that's how it works. But the more your fear increases, the slower the recharge rate is going to be. It's better to use Marathon in this instance. Your choice obviously.  But Restful isn't going to make stamina recharge at the no-fear level when you're around Jason for a prolonged period of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have it, but I dont use it. Here's a video for those seeing if it's worth it or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info @Armani?.   Not the worst perk, but it's easily overshadowed by the 3 Big perks (Medic, ThickSkinned, Swift Attack).

On 4/28/2020 at 11:25 AM, GeneiJin said:

Thanks for the info @Armani?.   Not the worst perk, but it's easily overshadowed by the 3 Big perks (Medic, ThickSkinned, Swift Attack).

Yeah I use it on everyone but after reading this I won't be if it's a waste of a slot 😢

On 4/28/2020 at 3:27 AM, Armani? said:

I have it, but I dont use it. Here's a video for those seeing if it's worth it or 

The higher your counselor stam is the more time you will save with restful (if your counselor isnt scared shitless). So I would expect Vanessa and Tiff would save twice as much time as Kenny as they have twice the stam to recover. 

The only counselor I use Restful on is Tiff when I am running around finding parts.  And i do find it helpful to that end (again, so long as jason aint around).  I originally equipped restful instead of Marathon because I didnt know if Marathon could be boosted any higher than 10.   I tend to lean towards perks with quantifiable boosts and tbh, not many perks ARE quantifiable.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Yeah I use it on everyone but after reading this I won't be if it's a waste of a slot 😢

It's definitely not a complete waste like most of the perks are. And you will notice slightly longer stamina recovery time if you've gotten used to having it on all your counselors. It's probably best for players who prefer to completely avoid Jason, like how I play with AJ, since they won't have much use for a combat perk. That said, there's no doubt in my mind that Speed Demon and Medic are better third perk options even for someone like AJ.

• Thanks 1

Very helpful on a lot of counselors but depends what else you use with it. Most counselors die when run out of stamina too quickly. On a large map if you try to run away from Jason it helps a lot. Otherwise with Jason constantly on your tail you'll not get much time to recharge your stamina. Use it with Marathon and you can give Jason the run around for ages to survive the night. 

Restful is better than Marathon if you are playing as Tommy Jarvis. Good kill squads would have 2 Vanessas die early that are running Restful, Thickskin, and Sucker Punch. With Restful if you get a bad Spawn away from Sweater girl you can meet up with them much sooner. Characters that don't really run into Jason because of their Stealth or if you don't want to fight Jason in a chase you can run the perk.

5 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

Restful is better than Marathon if you are playing as Tommy Jarvis. Good kill squads would have 2 Vanessas die early that are running Restful, Thickskin, and Sucker Punch. With Restful if you get a bad Spawn away from Sweater girl you can meet up with them much sooner. Characters that don't really run into Jason because of their Stealth or if you don't want to fight Jason in a chase you can run the perk.

Good kill squads would never run restful or sucker punch