Sign in to follow this  
The80s

Jason is way too slow, even when running

Part 2 and 3 Jason are far too slow when running. They need to be faster. It's almost impossible to catch people by running after them unless they're injured or out of stamina. It should be easier to catch them by running, rather than having to always rely on shift. Jason's speed stats need to be dramatically increased. It'd be a lot scarier if he could run almost on par with the athletic girl (speed). Him moving so slowly takes away from the suspense A LOT. If he were faster, it'd be so much scarier to be a counselor.

• Like 3

If Jason could run as fast or almost as fast as Vanessa, it wouldn't be a horror game anymore, it would be an adrenaline rush pursuit game.

I think Jason's run should be faster, but only as much as 10% faster, if that.

My suggestions:

Speed: Everyone across the board should be 3-8% faster, except for Vanessa and Tommy, jogging shouldn't consume stamina but shouldn't let it regenerate. Undead Jason should be only up to 5% faster.

Fear: The fear induced by human Jason should be a small amount more potent, and undead Jason should be even more potent than that. Make the minimap disappear sooner, and have the Field of Vision become more and more narrow as fear increases, making it harder to navigate or see around a corner. Jogging while under the effect of fear would consume stamina, but when Jason is away and your fear is low, it returns to not consuming stamina and not letting it regenerate while in use. Sprinting would consume up to 5% more stamina while under the effects of fear than when not.

• Like 2

If Jason could run as fast or almost as fast as Vanessa, it wouldn't be a horror game anymore, it would be an adrenaline rush pursuit game.

My suggestions:

Speed: Everyone across the board should be 3-8% faster, except for Vanessa and Tommy, jogging shouldn't consume stamina but shouldn't let it regenerate. Undead Jason should be only up to 5% faster.

Fear: The fear induced by human Jason should be a small amount more potent, and undead Jason should be even more potent than that. Make the minimap disappear sooner, and have the Field of Vision become more and more narrow as fear increases, making it harder to navigate or see around a corner. Jogging while under the effect of fear would consume stamina, but when Jason is away and your fear is low, it returns to not consuming stamina and not letting it regenerate while in use. Sprinting would consume up to 5% more stamina while under the effects of fear than when not.

Some good ideas. Perhaps Jason shouldn't be as fast as Vanessa, but I would say he should easily be faster than the slower counselors and at least approaching Vanessa. Only the faster counselors should be able to stay ahead of him. After all, I don't think there's any legit way Shelly would outrun Part 3 Jason. 

As for an adrenaline rush pursuit game, that would actually make it even better. It would add so much more terror to the experience, which is what I think all of us wants. We'd be afraid to step outside, and that should be the real goal of the game. Just like in the movies, and just like in real life, we should be terrified of going outside. Making Jason faster by like 40% would be the perfect catalyst for that. 

As is, Jason seems to move at about half the speed at which he does in Parts 2-4.

In terms of keeping the game balanced, perhaps the slower counselors should be harder for Jason to detect. Instead of seeing right where they are, perhaps Jason only gets a general idea.

I don't really have a problem with Jason's speed.  Maybe a slight increase if anything...but I wouldn't want it overdone.  Slow Jason is a lot more scary in my opinion and I wouldn't just want to see a run and tag approach done.  Just some additional tactics and options I think could help this a lot, like some ranged attacks, abilities, slight modifications to the stats as a whole, and implementing something to help avoid dumb kiting around certain obstacles, maybe increase the fall chances.  I don't think the speed is a major problem though and can be fixed with some simple tweaks and additional options.

Some good ideas. Perhaps Jason shouldn't be as fast as Vanessa, but I would say he should easily be faster than the slower counselors and at least approaching Vanessa. Only the faster counselor should be able to stay ahead of him. After all, I don't think there's any legit way Shelly would outrun Part 3 Jason. 

As for an adrenaline rush pursuit game, that would actually make it even better. It would add so much more terror to the experience, which is what I think all of us wants. We'd be afraid to step outside, and that should be the real goal of the game. Just like in the movies, and just like in real life, we should be terrified of going outside. Making Jason faster by like 40% would be the perfect catalyst for that. 

As is, Jason seems to move at about half the speed at which he does in Parts 2-4.

No. Friday the 13th is a horror franchise. What you are describing is Left 4 Dead and 28 Days Later action-horror. If that's what you want then cancel your pre-order. If Jason could run even half as fast as Vanessa, he'd kill every counselor BUT Vanessa within 5 minutes. Jason in Parts 2-4 ran but he wasn't in a dead-on sprint the whole time. Carrying a weapon also throws off your running balance, so it's more effective to jog. What you describe would be "Jason appears, counselor runs for 3 seconds, Jason sprints 50 yards in 3 seconds and instakills 3 counselors in a row before having to teleport again." That's just broken. Not to mention that if the "walking" Jasons "walked" that fast, they would clearly be wearing roller blades because their gait wouldn't match their speed.

• Like 2

The major thing that irks me about Jason's speed is when he's running towards a counselor, as soon as that counselor sees him and starts running away, regardless of who they are, they almost immediately being pulling away from him, even though Jason is already running. 

I like to compare it to being chased by a someone in real life who is really trying to do you harm. Would you be more afraid of the person who was slow as hell and could never catch you, are would you be more afraid of the person who you weren't sure you could outrun, who was themselves quite fast?

No. Friday the 13th is a horror franchise. What you are describing is Left 4 Dead and 28 Days Later action-horror. If that's what you want then cancel your pre-order. If Jason could run even half as fast as Vanessa, he'd kill every counselor BUT Vanessa within 5 minutes. Jason in Parts 2-4 ran but he wasn't in a dead-on sprint the whole time. Carrying a weapon also throws off your running balance, so it's more effective to jog. What you describe would be "Jason appears, counselor runs for 3 seconds, Jason sprints 50 yards in 3 seconds and instakills 3 counselors in a row before having to teleport again." That's just broken. Not to mention that if the "walking" Jasons "walked" that fast, they would clearly be wearing roller blades because their gait wouldn't match their speed.

I'm only referring to Parts 2 & 3 Jason in the game. 

I get some of the issues with this, and it would certainly have to be figured out and tweaked. But as is, there's just nothing scary about being a counselor and seeing Jason coming. His "jog" is the slowest jog I've ever seen in my life. The only thing I worry about is "oh damn, he's gonna shift on me." I would much rather be worried about him catching me. It would make me pucker up a whole lot more than what we have now. 

And no, lol, I'm not going to cancel the game over this. 

My suggestions:

Jogging should consume stamina as it does irl, I refuse to finally catch a jogging vanessa only for her to sprint away with full stamina, no

Ya Jason's a giant monster. I don't see why he should be able to run as fast as the counselors. Especially OUTSPEEDING slow counselors?? That's just stupid.

Especially since stamina runs out in like 2 seconds.

my problem is jason cant step over rocks and stumps. he has grown up in the area so this shouldnt be a problem. At the end of the beta i gave up on trying to catch tommy and black chick. they would just run and by the time jason caught up they would have enough stamina just to keep doing this over and over. also most people would just run circles around cabin, car or fence so jason just cant catch up

I'm only referring to Parts 2 & 3 Jason in the game. 

I get some of the issues with this, and it would certainly have to be figured out and tweaked. But as is, there's just nothing scary about being a counselor and seeing Jason coming. His "jog" is the slowest jog I've ever seen in my life. The only thing I worry about is "oh damn, he's gonna shift on me." I would much rather be worried about him catching me. It would make me pucker up a whole lot more than what we have now. 

And no, lol, I'm not going to cancel the game over this. 

i had no problem catching up to most players on jason. The problem is mainly that Jarvis and Vanessa can perma Jog. fear needs to be more crippling, that way you still have the suspense and ramp up time that would be lost if jason just ran faster.

The biggest complaint most folks had with this game ATM is survivors want to be mobile and be able to get around at a decent rate, and Jason wants to be able to run them down and corner them without having to land on them with Shift 100% of the time.

Theirs a few ways to go about this, but honestly I think that letting Jason power walk would do a LOT for this game's overall balance/scariness/fun.

Currently his walk feels slow, VERY slow. It's unintimidating and generally feels shitty to play. Even the Jasons who run feel generally slow and immobile. Sure they can catch up to you eventually... unless your Vanessa or Tommy.. than your fucked because their jog is just way to fast and efficient compared to his movement speed.

I'm not opposed to them being faster than the others.. but Jason needs to be a bit faster so unless your running he is going to catch you eventually.

My idea is to make all Jasons about as fast as the running Jasons are now for their walking speed. And for running Jasons replace shift with a sprint! Basically you HALL ASS for a bit when you hit the button instead of blinking at your target, this will make them play differently and both will still be powerful. And than they need to lower Vanessa / TJ's jogging speed down to below that power walking speed.

• Like 1

Giving Jason extra speed when he has teleport and shift we make him far to OP. Yes hes supposed to be OP but that just takes the biscuit. People need to stop treating this game like DBD and learn to get better with the shift ability. Its down to the persons skill playing Jason at that time, I highly doubt they will give him extra walking or running speed especially since all counsellors run out of stamina eventually and end up slower than him anyway. Remember different versions of Jason have Different traits and so do the Counsellors. Different Jasons example: Can't run/Can run but that's up to the player to decide which to choose otherwise whats the point off different Jasons with different traits? same goes for the counsellors. All have there strengths and weaknesses. Plus we don't know what else will be added in the full game that was missing in the Beta. I think after the small counsellor Nerfs they did in the beta was perfect and the way the game played after was excellent minus the bugs. They should leave it as it is end of beta maybe some minor tweaks. Think we should wait to see what the locked "Abilities" are for the counsellors first.

1. But they do need to extend the calling the police maybe add 1 extra step to it or make it slightly longer to wait. 

2. Add an extra animation so Jason can get people out of the car if its flipped over blocking the doors or they drive next to a fence or rock and block the doors on purpose so he cant get them out. Possibly allow him to walk on the car and kill them through the car roof or even allow him to kill through the car windows. This can allow people to wait out the games timer and easy win and also be trolls.

3. When Jason hits you with the axe when climbing through the window it cancels the animation and you end up standing next to him and he is free to hit you over and over again thus cant get away same applies for doors.

4. Fences- allow a portion of fences to be broken by Jason so people who are not so good with Jason have a better chance catching people who run loops. As with cars maybe add extra animation that Jason can push the car out of the way a few metres or so but make it a semi-quick animation. Imagine a guy looping around a car and stands at either end and Jason kicks the car and it could possibly kill the counsellor if timed right

5. Slow walking Counsellors shouldn't  ping unless they walk through bushes e.c.t  I'm not even sure Jason picks up on the slow walking or not though TBH

6. Noise maker (firecrackers) need some work as they seem petty useless Maybe block Jasons sense for a few seconds

7. Leave who gets to be killer as random otherwise whiners from by sides will end up getting this game nerfed into oblivion.(But i think they are anyways) Its extremely fun this way and not knowing who will be killer next game (besides private match) adds some extra suspense and you wont know how skilled the player is until your in the game.

Could probably think of a few more but i guess a lot of stuff been posted on this forum already. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Jason can powerwalk. Pt 2 and 3 can run, albeit Pt 2 is seemingly faster. 

The counselors need that possibility of escape. You really don't want a game where a counselor will just give up as soon as Jason is in the area because there's no chance for them to run away. That's not fun for anybody. Right now where it stands, every encounter with Jason has a chance of escape if you play your cards right, and that's where the excitement comes from. 

If you could just get to that window, under that bed, whatever... you'll be safe! 

From Jason's perspective, if you know how to play your Jason right, you'll have no problem killing counselors at a powerwalk. I've seen some great Pt 7 players wipe out an entire map.

• Like 1

Im sorry i never played dead by day light. But i do know jason need have something done. I havent seen one movie that shows jason just appearing out of thin air and grabs someone. he might somehow get in front of them unknowing or appear from behind a tree. but he always catches or surprises them.  the teleport/shift right on top of someone is dumb. Jason never teleported in the movies. I know they probably wont try and change the teleport thing. but i hope they never consider that part in any movie it would ruin jason/f13 forever. You should be able to chase down or catch any player without using shift to land on top of them.

I think one of the biggest issue is its a pita to grab anyone when moving. jason only has one grab in this game and if it isnt perfect they zip right by. he should be able to grab anyone around him in arms reach. but if they crouch down they get away and also if he does grab them crouched they just appear standing in his hand. just weird jason mobility grabs/fighting just like only 2d nes games

I'll have to agree with this topic,while looking at all 3 versions of Jason in the beta,it didnt seem to me that there was much differences between each of them in term of speed but also strenght and toughness,if there is a difference well it sure look quite minor.

To start off,i also think human Jason need a slight boost to his jogging speed,but not too much tough we dont need to overdo it,also to not make it too op i suggest to make the cooldown of Shift a bit slower.

But whencompared  to zombie Jason power walk,it seemed that the gap in speed between part 7 Jason power walk and part 2/3 Jason jogging looked quite short,part 7 Jason power walk seem just as fast as part 2/3 Jason jogging,hence why the jogging need to be slightly faster,tough the power walk doesnt need to be tweaked it look quite fine.

When it come to strenght and toughness,it also look like there's not much of a difference either,it's just as easy to get free from zombie Jason like it is with human Jason.

Here's the thing,while Jason was always seen as quite a monster of a man (stronger than your average man) even when he was still mortal his body still had limits,he could still feel pain hence why he tried to avoid attacks by survivors (when Chris try to hurt him with a knife in part 3 and when Trish try to hit him with the machete in part 4) and could apply just enough pressure on someone head to pop their eyes off or crush it a bit against a wall (part 3 and 4).

But when Jason became a zombie in part 6,that's when he became a different kind of beast,like Tommy said in that movie 'Jason's back and he's more powerful than ever',since Jason body as decayed over the years under the ground his nervous system is pretty much dead hence why a hit by a shovel or being stabbed/cut by a bladed weapon doesnt really faze him anymore,also he's now strong enough to punch trough someone's body or someone's head off and can now put enough pressure on someone's head to crush it like the size of a wallnut and push a face trough the steel wall of a caravan leaving a face mark. (It looked kinda weird seeing part 2/3 Jason being able to do the 'punch head off' move,that kill would be better if only zombie Jason could do it)

Of course,he also lost his ability to run or should i say his brain/mind forgot about it,since most of his brain cells are now dead.

So that's where the differences between human Jason and zombie Jason must come in,as a human Jason need to be faster and a bit weaker,while zombie Jason is slower in movement but feel more like one heck of a tank being able to receive tons of damage but not being slowed down at all by those attacks.

Do not change Jason's speed, it is completely fine as it is, I have an easy enough time killing everyone anyways.

I disagree. If you watch videos of groups of folks who actively played more that 30 hours playing together, the game becomes a festival of blink grabs and slow jogging.

Jason being Op is fine, but having him blinkgrabing for kills instead of chaseig survivors down is VERY unJason like and just not fun to play or play against.

Im sorry i never played dead by day light. But i do know jason need have something done. I havent seen one movie that shows jason just appearing out of thin air and grabs someone.

Agreed, Shifting shouldn't be his primary offense.

The counselors need that possibility of escape.

They have it. In higher play time games we often saw 7 out of 10 escapes. The only time Jason's wiped everyone out in higher play time games was with low ping/The Jason was hosting. Why? Because Shift+grab/Shift+attack is hyper dependent on the Jason's latency.

Honestly if it concerns folks buffing Jason I recommenced they make it so you cant grab/Melee for like 1 second after you shift and instead you get faster base movement speed.

• Like 1

I think what we need is a video to compare the movement speed of each Jason,like seeing each Jason side by side starting next to the car near Higgins house and have them Jog/power walk straight toward the barn and see wich one arrive there first.

We will be able to better analyse the difference in speed with each Jason like that.

Human Jasons should take pocket knives, be a bit faster but have way more cooldown on shift and weaker shift in general. All undead Jasons should be immune to pocket knives, have the best shift easily, but obviously slow.

When Jason gets the long range weapons, that will be interesting. Both human and undead Jason used them.

https://youtu.be/cRPljNO7x2A?t=7m25s

It's funny watching this guy play. Within a couple of seconds he experiences both of the issues I was talking about...

#1: Jason is way too fucking slow.

#2: Not being able to grab/hit someone while in shift/coming out of shift is a real issue. It's especially bullshit when you're RIGHT NEXT TO THEM and still can't do it.

If Jason was as fast as Vanessa then we would have problems I think the speed he's at is good enough I had no problems at killing the counsolers also if you could grab anytime during and right after the shit being automatic grab than it would be game over for the counsolers and that wouldn't be fun for them plus you just suck at it every time I came out of a shift I was able to grab and kill them just get better we don't need to buff Jason up even more when he's OP as it is the counsolers do need a fighting chance as it is