Should Jason trap his shack?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jason trap his shack?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

What exactly does Jason's mother's sweater do to a counselor?

Gives them the ability to set Jason up to receive a fatal blow

@Jason Lover

Yes you can still be killed while wearing the sweater. Let me elaborate. The sweater girl gets in front of Jason after he's demasked then a prompt appears and when it is activated Jason falls to his knees. At that point a player (Tommy Jarvis) then kills Jason with either an axe or machete and the game is over. Or something along those lines.

@Jason Lover Jason is completely helpless after the sweater is used on him. All you can do is pray they don't react fast enough.

Edited by F134Ever86
Elaboration
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Gives them the ability to set Jason up to receive a fatal blow

Doesn't really tell me all that much. I've seen counselors wearing that sweater with Jason still being able to kill them I think. By the way I'm currently downloading this game onto my laptop and all I can say is it takes a damn LONG time!

1 hour ago, Jason Lover said:

What exactly does Jason's mother's sweater do to a counselor?

After Jason’s mask is knocked off, a female counselor can assist Tommy Jarvis in killing Jason. 

10 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

After Jason’s mask is knocked off, a female counselor can assist Tommy Jarvis in killing Jason. 

That video was way too dark. The sweater won't render Jason completely helpless though.

45 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

That video was way too dark. The sweater won't render Jason completely helpless though.

The sweater stuns Jason, pretty much like a shot gun blast. Tommy has to hit Jason and drop him to his knees while he’s stunned by the sweater. He will then get the prompt to kill Jason. 

• Thanks 1

I no longer try to trap the shack simply because most players now run Thick Skinned/Medic and I would rather trap objectives that are of course more important. And it wasn't until I started learning how to double tap on Combat blocking counselors and reading up on Tommy86's tower guide that I truly was no longer scarred of fighting kill squads.

On 4/26/2020 at 7:00 PM, SirMang said:

How so? 

Both shack locations on Pinehurst are a country mile from a cabin.  

There''s a big difference in map size between the two. You're more likely to lose the sweater-stealing little bitch if you can't immediately teleport to the shack on a big map than a small one. 

7 hours ago, Dunken said:

I no longer try to trap the shack simply because most players now run Thick Skinned/Medic and I would rather trap objectives that are of course more important. And it wasn't until I started learning how to double tap on Combat blocking counselors and reading up on Tommy86's tower guide that I truly was no longer scarred of fighting kill squads.

That guide was a big help to many people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Shack doorway is the biggest waste of traps.

Cars and phone take priority but definitely not a waste if you're Part 2 or playing on a boat map. Just played a game the other night where I assumed the sweater was out of play based on previous games in the lobby so I didn't bother trapping the shack even though I was Part 2. Of course within literally a minute a Vanessa had the sweater. <_< Luckily I pinned her down in a nearby cabin relatively quickly but I would have been in trouble with all the untrapped objectives if the lobby was better.

Honestly I'd say that trapping the shack is almost a necessity with Part 2. You cannot afford to get distracted early on and fail to properly trap the cars against a good lobby, especially the four seater. Even an average driver will cause all kinds of headaches for a -Shift Jason.

15 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

There''s a big difference in map size between the two. You're more likely to lose the sweater-stealing little bitch if you can't immediately teleport to the shack on a big map than a small one. 

Using Pinehurst as the example.  If the shack is down in Franklin, they've gone into Turtle Pond as there are more cabins for them to maneuver through.  Of course they could go to Mulholland but they're in a lot of trouble over there after the 3 cabins.   If the shack is up in Ponderosa they have only one choice...Stoneside. 

Either trip from shack to cabin on Pinehurst is going to put someone either on no stamina or very little. 

Jarvis works the same way, there is only one viable place for someone who takes the sweater to go in either location. 

Then go with Packanack and if the shack is out behind the Main lodge.  Even if you can't morph there when you hear mother, there is only one place they can go from there, the Main lodge.  And they're likely not going to get there before your morph comes back. 

I actually think it's easier for someone with the sweater to get away if you can't morph immediately to the shack on the small maps as there are cabins much closer to the shack and in some cases multiple cabins for them to go to or loop you. 

17 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Why so hostile towards sweater girl? Is it you've encountered alot of unpleasant kill squads?

To your earlier points about trapping the shack. Wasting the resources or people going for the kill is certainly never a bad thing. But most people don't go for the kill. At least in my experience. Yours of course may differ. The reason I don't trap the shack is to maintain my options as long as possible. I'll trap the objectives because the counselors will always try to complete those. While going for the kill is far less frequent. 

Since I know you're a part 6 main, I'm curious if you also trap to help deter counselors from taking the sweater before you have shift?

I can't believe people really waste any time at all on chasing down an early match sweater thief. 

10 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Honestly I'd say that trapping the shack is almost a necessity with Part 2.

Not really. They're so hard to place effectively and so easy to slip around. Even if you double trap the doorway theres no guarantee that someone can't slip by (twice) without setting either trap off. I do it all the time. Its best to make yourself familiar with Tommy86's tower guide and use those traps on the tommy box instead. This way majority of the time it won't matter who has the sweater, as long as you keep that box under control.

Tommy 86 also has a trapping guide on how to trap the shack with 1 trap and they can't slip by it without wasting a PK. Some squads will go that far to get the sweater. In my experience if a player does slip by and you can morph immediately they usually "panic" on the way out and step in it anyway. 

4 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Tommy 86 also has a trapping guide on how to trap the shack with 1 trap and they can't slip by it without wasting a PK. Some squads will go that far to get the sweater. In my experience if a player does slip by and you can morph immediately they usually "panic" on the way out and step in it anyway. 

I rarely find a trap that's set right, but even if it was, that's why you bring backup to the shack. Tommy gets the mask while sg grabs that sweater. That's assuming the Jason is dumb enough to follow you to the shack.

Only if you know the lobby is definitely going to try for a Jason kill otherwise it's a bit of a waste, especially if you have a Jason with only 3 traps. 

18 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I can't believe people really waste any time at all on chasing down an early match sweater thief. 

Not really. They're so hard to place effectively and so easy to slip around. Even if you double trap the doorway theres no guarantee that someone can't slip by (twice) without setting either trap off. I do it all the time. Its best to make yourself familiar with Tommy86's tower guide and use those traps on the tommy box instead. This way majority of the time it won't matter who has the sweater, as long as you keep that box under control.

I know from experience as both a counselor and Jason that early sweater thieves can be trouble. If it's a good Vanessa or Tiffany they can drag your ass around until Tommy and if it's an AJ they can just disappear until Tommy (another plus as AJ: you're able to easily fix the Tommy power box after getting the sweater if necessary). I'm on the mic once I'm confident Jason isn't after me announcing I have the sweater and then I'm on the mic again when Tommy shows up. Have about a 1 in 4 success rate of getting a random Tommy to go for the kill; more like 3 in 4 in a lobby with experienced mic users.

As for trapping the shack, I generally don't have any issue with lining it up while still in the shack except for 2-3 map variants that force me to go outside and do it from the side. I find the fuse box and gas more difficult to line up perfectly. But even if it's not perfectly lined up, the sweater girl won't be able to sprint out of the shack and that gives you a few extra seconds to track her down. And as I've said previously, just the sight of a trap no matter its placement can scare away a looky-loo who doesn't have a PK.

That Tommy86 tower guide is mighty impressive but it's not for me. Just don't have the inclination to do that much studying for a game I play for fun (and usually after a few drinks...). Trapping the Tommy box early would also slow me down from trapping cars which is essential as a Part 2; it would also just be another objective I'd have to guard and I'm already stretched as it is when I'm on a two car map. A trap at the shack is one and done OTOH.

I have a question.  When a counselor places their own trap by the phone or car, can Jason place his trap on top of it or does he have to put it off to the side cuz the counselor trap is in the way?

Ive placed a few traps by objectives as a counselor (without setting them) in hopes it would be in the way of Jason placing his.  But ive never had a counselor do that to me when im Jason so I dont actually know if it helps at all.

20 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Why so hostile towards sweater girl? Is it you've encountered alot of unpleasant kill squads?

Not at all, I just aggressively defend the shack. I don't really mind getting killed as Jason unless it's because I did something so stupid that I basically gave them the kill, like a few months back when I shifted right up to Tommy and grabbed that motherfucker not realizing that they already had the sweater. That one I was a little pissy about but it wasn't at them, it was at  myself for not keeping a good enough eye on things.

Yes, I trap the entrance before I even leave the shack on the first Morph. It has helped me more times than I can count, either as a deterrent (though it usually will only deter inexperienced counselors who come to the shack unprepared) or as a warning if my mask is already gone. If it's on the island at Higgens original, I don't trap it. If I hear the shack getting invaded, I just Stalk-Morph to the lake and wait. 99% of the time (in my experience) if you give them a minute, whoever snatched the sweater will try to swim back to the mainland and when they get about halfway there I zip over and drown them.

Edit:

@Laotian Lam I've had a counselor do it to me at the phone before and it completely blocked me from putting traps down, which while bullshit is still not as bad as having your traps tanked and being unable to re-trap because of the disarmed traps being there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

I have a question.  When a counselor places their own trap by the phone or car, can Jason place his trap on top of it or does he have to put it off to the side cuz the counselor trap is in the way?

Ive placed a few traps by objectives as a counselor (without setting them) in hopes it would be in the way of Jason placing his.  But ive never had a counselor do that to me when im Jason so I dont actually know if it helps at all.

It's a viable strategy as a counselor.  Especially if you start at the phone house and have a trap inside.  With a lot of Jason's now going to trap the Tommy power first, you can get a counselor trap on the ground to stop Jason from trapping the phone at all. 

On 4/29/2020 at 3:09 PM, SirMang said:

Using Pinehurst as the example.  If the shack is down in Franklin, they've gone into Turtle Pond as there are more cabins for them to maneuver through.  Of course they could go to Mulholland but they're in a lot of trouble over there after the 3 cabins.   If the shack is up in Ponderosa they have only one choice...Stoneside. 

Either trip from shack to cabin on Pinehurst is going to put someone either on no stamina or very little. 

Jarvis works the same way, there is only one viable place for someone who takes the sweater to go in either location. 

Then go with Packanack and if the shack is out behind the Main lodge.  Even if you can't morph there when you hear mother, there is only one place they can go from there, the Main lodge.  And they're likely not going to get there before your morph comes back. 

I actually think it's easier for someone with the sweater to get away if you can't morph immediately to the shack on the small maps as there are cabins much closer to the shack and in some cases multiple cabins for them to go to or loop you. 

This is why if the maps Packanack small, and the shacks up North, if there's either a car or the phone, I take a second and break the doors on a couple of the nearby cabins. If they jack the sweater they're most likely going to duck into one of the nearby cabins, and having no door to bolt makes getting away with the sweater a risky affair.

Trapped and quickly killed two sweater girls tonight. They might be able to get around the trap when entering the shack but it's a bit more difficult getting out when they realize Jason's nearby. +Traps and +Morph is so damned fun. :j2:

Was able to unlock the Part VIII Jason today and by all accounts he is the best zombie Jason that you can play as in the game. During my first match as him I killed a counselor and it didn't even count. I didn't get the kill counted. That sucks hard! I don't see what the big deal is with him. I do better as the Part VI Jason. Those two look similar anyway. Like I've said before, can't wait to unlock The Beast at level 31! :D 

3 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Trapped and quickly killed two sweater girls tonight. They might be able to get around the trap when entering the shack but it's a bit more difficult getting out when they realize Jason's nearby. +Traps and +Morph is so damned fun. :j2:

I would've just killed you in the shack...

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

This is why if the maps Packanack small, and the shacks up North, if there's either a car or the phone, I take a second and break the doors on a couple of the nearby cabins. If they jack the sweater they're most likely going to duck into one of the nearby cabins, and having no door to bolt makes getting away with the sweater a risky affair.

So what do you do when Tommy and sweater girl stroll into the shack together? I could give two healthy shits about finding a cabin after I steal the sweater. It's time to go hunt the hunter at that point...