I am a new member here so I don’t know the full situation but is gun planning to add new content once the lawsuit is over and Cunningham and Miller settle on a payment? I’m aware that they can’t do it immediately after the lawsuit ends but I was just curious as it ends may/June which is soon so.... just curious!

tenor.gif

But if we're lucky predator hunting grounds is very successful and illfonic buys the rights from gun

53 minutes ago, Cropsy1981 said:

@Wolledc so no Uber Jason? 🥺

Unfortunately no....we all definitely wanted him.....but the work that went into into him was never finished before the cut off point......

the lawsuit squashed his release among many others things.

Honestly I would be shocked if they ever added anything again even after the lawsuit. I hope that they do but I mean it won't happen. I just at least want better Victoria outfits tbh.

22 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

tenor.gif

But if we're lucky predator hunting grounds is very successful and illfonic buys the rights from gun

I don't think that would change anything, and I don't think Illfonic wouldn't be as bad or worse than Gun.

1 hour ago, Coach Feratu said:

I don't think that would change anything, and I don't think Illfonic wouldn't be as bad or worse than Gun.

Your probably right but hear me out. Illfonic took a lot of flack for Friday the 13th and it would be a great opportunity to regain their credibility and make a quick turn around as all the ground work has already been laid on this game. All they would have to do is refine the code, optimization and expand with more content.

On 4/24/2020 at 5:06 PM, Wolledc said:

I am afraid, but the  answer to your question for 2 years now is still the same.

Wow, that long already? How time flies.

NO NEW CONTENT.

this thread is out of control.

get the mods to shut it down.

we dont need new content.

Horror inc will probably get a second game from a different company.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

@Strigoi we don’t need anything but we all wanted Über Jason and I didn’t know If they were going to add it after the update that’s the only reason I asked......

11 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Your probably right but hear me out. Illfonic took a lot of flack for Friday the 13th and it would be a great opportunity to regain their credibility and make a quick turn around as all the ground work has already been laid on this game. All they would have to do is refine the code, optimization and expand with more content.

In an ideal scenario, the lawsuit wouldn't have disrupted the content development for this game. We could have still been getting new content, and Gun / Illfonic could have had this game in its prime. There would still be relevant stuff to discuss during Beyond streams, and the forum would be flooded with a number of topics related to newer elements in the game.

Instead, the game is what it is. We are still getting bug fixes. Jason may get some much needed attention for the better I hope. There may not be future content on the horizon, but there's still hope that the game may be a bit better oft by the time things shut down. We'll see.

@Strigoi, the thread is not quite out of control. It may be a duplicate topic, but not out of control.

• Like 1

The game is so popular im sure the sean cunningham would find a way for a part 2 video game by another company.

On 4/24/2020 at 5:53 PM, F134Ever86 said:

illfonic buys the rights from gun

Gun doesn't own the rights they only had permission to use the license. Horror Inc. controlled everything all things in the game went across their desk first. I've already been hearing bad things about Predator Hunting grounds.Horrible frame rates, waiting times to get in matches. Illfonic are just bad developers .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Gun doesn't own the rights they only had permission to use the license. Horror Inc. controlled everything all things in the game went across their desk first. I've already been hearing bad things about Predator Hunting grounds.Horrible frame rates, waiting times to get in matches. Illfonic are just bad developers .

PS4

Longest wait as Predator was 5 minutes for me all day and night yesterday.....I did start canceling out after 2 -3 minutes and restarting the search it worked just about every time like F13.

2 - 3 minutes waits for Fire team.....no need to cancel and restart search.

No Frame rate issues so far but I have been hung up on the ground after dropping from the trees..... a few times and it has put me a a few empty lobbies that no one can join a couple of times.

I don't think there will be any new content for this game.  What I think will happen is that once the lawsuit is over, either Gun Media or another company will produce a sequel to this game.  Hopefully, it'll have updated graphics, more counselors, more Jasons, more maps, etc.  In my opinion, the Friday the 13th brand is too much of a money maker for a company to ignore so I believe some kind of a sequel will happen.  Of course, I suspect it will be several years before it does.  Anyway, that's my two cents.

Thanks to all who responded I’m still sad that there won’t be any new content but I’m hopeful for a second game I would love that with better servers, less bugs, more Counselors,kills and maps I’m quite excited to see what will happen let’s all stay hopeful! - I love über Jason 

Highly unlikely at this point, it would be a risky decision by Gun. Unless Horror Inc funds the game their damn self which is the best yet probably unlikely scenario.

I dont see the point of a sequel. But it could make since to release a "updated/rerelease" version for PS5/Xbox Series X when it comes out. Dont know how Gun could invest more into the game themselves for new content in exchange for a profit though.

They could test the waters with the content that was finished(pajama DLC etc), but couldnt be released in time to see if there's still marketability in the game when the lawsuit ends. Then again, Wes may keep it locked up forever or give it out for free since he doesnt want people to expect more.

Even then, unless there's some huge change, I don't expect any maps ever(including Grendel.) Uber Jason still has a very slim chance to be released though given the mixed messages Gun has put out since the lawsuit started.

Well the developers for this game sure did outdo themselves with the unmasked Part IX Jason! Wow what a face! :D Don't need any more Jasons after that. Maybe the remake Jason but that's it.

I don't get why people don't see the point of a sequel. What about a full fledged single player story? New game mechanics? Improved graphics, physics, lighting and gore? More content? 

@Armani? Most game sequels aren't drastically different than the original unless they are generations apart. Even the Friday films are pretty much the same thing just packaged differently. I think from a marketing standpoint it makes perfect sense to call it "part 2" unless they just remake the game without changing anything other than graphics which would be a lazy cash grab. If they don't pursue a single player story then that is a huge missed opportunity. No one can deny that despite this games MANY flaws it was a success. Now imagine if they did it right.

1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

I don't get why people don't see the point of a sequel. What about a full fledged single player story? New game mechanics? Improved graphics, physics, lighting and gore? More content? 

I dont see the point of it being marketed as a sequel as opposed to it being marketed as a rerelease.

I'm all for better game graphics & mechanics, more content. I just dont see what could be drastically different to call it F13 Part 2 or F13 2 since we already have so much that would copied over to the new version. (Basically all the Jason skins, half the maps of the franchise). I dont see them getting rid of the counselors already made either.

I dont think they plan on making a story mode, they couldn't even make the magic with Paranoia mode.