Dunken

Jason Mains, what's the dumbest thing you've seen Counselors try to do?

I face palm every time I'm chasing a Counselor and they go for repairing the car with no one around protecting them. I also face palm at people who don't punish a Jason out of grab when they CLEARLY have a weapon in hand and instead chose to run away. Very cowardly if you ask me.

Dumbest thing I’ve seen them do is crouch in the bushes. Some of them will crouch walk in the open. I guess they think Jason can’t see them as long as they’re in crouch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Dumbest thing I’ve seen them do is crouch in the bushes. Some of them will crouch walk in the open. I guess they think Jason can’t see them as long as they’re in crouch. 

Lol that's rather common amongst low level players who think Stealth means something when Jason gets Rage. Like come on, there's a million better things to be doing then crouch walk for a good portion of the game.

4 minutes ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

Go get the sweater without Tommy or even a health spray and PK. 

I focus sweater girl all match when I see that. You only get the sweater if you got Jasons mask equipped or Tommy is with you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I always laugh when I silent sprint past crouching counselors with AJ. Stealth only matters when you’re mobile. :ajsaltbae:

3 hours ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

Go get the sweater without Tommy or even a health spray and PK. 

Early shack runs can be quite effective. Jason won’t expect it and you’ll sometimes get away Scot-free if you’re fast and/or lucky. At the very least it’ll distract Jason from focusing on other objectives early on during a match.

Assuming you have the shack locations down pat, using Vanessa with epic marathon and a decent restful, you go for the sweater as soon as the match starts before Jason gets shift and if he hasn't trapped the entrance very well you are getting it and getting away 90% of the time just keep zig zagging till you are out of throwing knife range unless it's a part 2 then his morph comes back quickly enough to get ahead of you but by then you are usually close enough to a cabin to juke him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Assuming you have the shack locations down pat, using Vanessa with epic marathon and a decent restful, you go for the sweater as soon as the match starts before Jason gets shift and if he hasn't trapped the entrance very well you are getting it and getting away 90% of the time just keep zig zagging till you are out of throwing knife range unless it's a part 2 then his morph comes back quickly enough to get ahead of you but by then you are usually close enough to a cabin to juke him.

Besides tanking traps, this is one of the best ways a Vanessa can make herself useful to a lobby. Certainly preferable to how most people use her: hoarding items and bringing Jason to other counselors only to run off.

Call Tommy or search drawers while I'm chasing them through a cabin, as if they thought I'd stand and wait for them to finish

10 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Early shack runs can be quite effective. Jason won’t expect it and you’ll sometimes get away Scot-free if you’re fast and/or lucky. At the very least it’ll distract Jason from focusing on other objectives early on during a match.

Case in point: Played a game as Part 2 on Higgins Haven (small?) last night where an AJ rushed the shack very early. She didn't take the sweater but it distracted me from my normal trap setting and she managed to dive into the barn before I could get her. By this point I couldn't waste more time on her so I'd effectively just thrown away 30-60 seconds. I played catchup for a few minutes after that and missed stopping a phone call by literally one second which allowed two people to escape. Probably would have cleared the lobby without that early shack distraction.

I never really noticed counselors crouch walking before, but after reading this, i played a match last night and sure enough someone stunned me with a hit and then started crouch walking away. Fuckin weirdo. 

Setting a trap in the doorway, then running right into it after I break down the door and Shift inside. Either that, or drop firecrackers and then stand right in the middle of them to regain stamina when I'm in Rage mode.

Since someone mentioned grabbing the sweater with no PK, I had to share this. Forgive my gloating, but this is probably the single best Morph-grab I have ever pulled off.

Skip to 3:30

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Setting a trap in the doorway, then running right into it after I break down the door and Shift inside. Either that, or drop firecrackers and then stand right in the middle of them to regain stamina when I'm in Rage mode.

Since someone mentioned grabbing the sweater with no PK, I had to share this. Forgive my gloating, but this is probably the single best Morph-grab I have ever pulled off.

Skip to 3:30

Ahaha. And I don't understand some counselors who keep hitting Jason during a kill😄

aurllcooljay  yes that player was good but you made some errors. When she stepped in the trap at 3:52 you should have never grabbed her.You had 1 throwing knife. I would have quick tossed and slashed or you should have just kept slashing. I know in the heat of battle hind sight is 20/20. Just constructive criticism. I would suggest practicing quick toss knife throwing, you could have shortened that chase considerably. I take no chances with a Vanessa sweater girl, she is getting slashed no matter what.

3 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

aurllcooljay  yes that player was good but you made some errors. When she stepped in the trap at 3:52 you should have never grabbed her.You had 1 throwing knife. I would have quick tossed and slashed or you should have just kept slashing. I know in the heat of battle hind sight is 20/20. Just constructive criticism. I would suggest practicing quick toss knife throwing, you could have shortened that chase considerably. I take no chances with a Vanessa sweater girl, she is getting slashed no matter what.

There's nothing more irritating than a limping Vanessa using a PK on you and then spraying herself before sprinting off. I love giving her a slow death but most of the time it makes more sense to slash her until she stops moving entirely.

6 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

In my own defense that was the first time I came across someone that daring. That doesn't go without saying I do remember going against the same player in the same scenario and slashed instead, only for that Vanessa to stun me and heal herself.😧 I have since developed techniques to counter that, such as trapping the shack before first walking in to confront the player, keeping my distance, slashing and blocking.

To answer the thread‘s title‘s question:

• counselors barricading doors, when you are already in rage mode

• counselors not looking at the map and taking the gas to the boat, although it has already been filled up

• counselors trying to stun you when you are already doing an environmental kill 

• teabagging counselors 

• counselors hiding under the stairs at Pinehurst manor

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

+1

When sweater-girl is in a trap, keep out of melee range and toss knives. If you're not in Rage yet, the plan is usually either to get grabbed, PK you, heal up, then run, or wait until you come close enough to slash, then hit you, heal up, and run. Hit her with a TK to cancel the rest of the trap opening animation and approach slowly while blocking. If she tries to spray herself, either hit her with another TK or slash.

Assuming that she's not using Thick Skin, a TK/slash combo will put her one hit away from death. To play it aafe, you can toss the TK, slash once, then back away and throw another TK.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Hit her with a TK to cancel the rest of the trap opening animation and approach slowly while blocking. If she tries to spray herself, either hit her with another TK or slash.

Assuming that she's not using Thick Skin, a TK/slash combo will put her one hit away from death. To play it aafe, you can toss the TK, slash once, then back away and throw another TK.

Yup, that would be how to deal with the player. Only thing is they could go into combat mode and avoid slashes/knives with dodges and blocks, then try to stun you when you're not blocking to get a free heal. Player's like the Vanessa in the video will be sure to have thick skin and both a pocket knife and med spray(s) before attempting a sweater grab.

9 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

Yup, that would be how to deal with the player. Only thing is they could go into combat mode and avoid slashes/knives with dodges and blocks, then try to stun you when you're not blocking to get a free heal. Player's like the Vanessa in the video will be sure to have thick skin and both a pocket knife and med spray(s) before attempting a sweater grab.

Let them block all they want. Eventually their weapon is going to break and then they can be hacked to death easily.

• Like 2

Counselors locking the exterior doors to Packanack Lodge and main Higgins house. 

You're just screwing over yourself and fellow counselors as they are one hit doors locked or unlocked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

Counselors locking the exterior doors to Packanack Lodge and main Higgins house. 

You're just screwing over yourself and fellow counselors as they are one hit doors locked or unlocked.

Haha.  That would probably get my vote for the most annoying/dumb thing counselors do.  I can't even count the number of times Ive been caught by Jason because some moron locked the doors on the Jarvis houses. 

Hitting me with a flare when rage is on