Ability Preference  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather Abilities be more active or be passive like perks?

Since the beta has finally taken it's leave, I figured now would be a good time to discuss one of the more interesting facets of the characters that were locked away, that being the Abilities. I haven't been able to find anything on what they might contain or the functions they provide to counselors, feel more than free to post any information you have discovered or even share your thoughts on what they might end up being when the game leaves the starting gate next year.

Personally I hope they add more active customization in the form of actual abilities with cooldowns similar to Jason's, Perhaps some of them being custom tailored for certain characters, For example an ability for Vanessa would allow for her to shake off the movement impairing effects of fear temporarily, or a passive that allows her to pick up items (Battery, Gas etc.) without breaking her pace.

Yeah I am really hoping that some of the abilities will make it so other counselors become at least more warranted as picks.  I tended to play Chad a lot just to try and do well with him, even if A.J. or Vanessa were easier to win with.  I did alright on him, but I felt I would have had a higher survival rate on others, but it was still fun to try.  I hope his ability helps make up some of the gap I faced, along with some of the other counselors like Vanessa maybe having a slightly less powerful one given she can kite like a champ.  You'd think she'd get a taunt like ability to try and keep Jason away from other more vulnerable targets.  I dunno, will be interesting to see what they have planned.  I think it will help make changing up counselors a lot more interesting.

I would probably like to see the skills be active though for the most part.  Maybe a passive or two for some counselors depending on peoples' playstyles.  Active though makes it your fault if you screw it up, which I always like.  Also having an ability with a higher skill cap is always cool too, for the vets to have more of a challenging way to play and some hard to pull-off tactics.

Before Beta I thought each counselor would have a unique ability. But now we know each counselor just gets 3 generic perks.

I'd prefer 1 ability.

Before Beta I thought each counselor would have a unique ability. But now we know each counselor just gets 3 generic perks.

I'd prefer 1 ability.

They do, it was just not available for the beta. If you looked at the counselor screens under profile you would see the words coming soon :)