6 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I think this whole non sense started with someone saying it’s easier to kill him then escape so you think all these average players would just kill him seeing as it’s so “easy”

LOL umm I’ve seen day 1 players kill him many times. If I can walk through a first time player to kill Jason that easily something is wrong

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

What about just your average player? Like the majority of the player base? I’m guessing u have logged countless hours just like the othe 10 people complaining 

I was playing the game for nearly 6 months before my first Jason kill. At the time it felt like a big thing. Until i realized how easy it actually is. Killing him should be a challenge. I don't him buffed to the moon. Just a few tweaks to make it a bit more fair for Jason.

All I want is an HP buff, quick block to work properly again, and a few seconds of invincibility frames coming out of a stun. Give Jason those three things and it'll make all the difference for experienced Jason players. I'd also like the power box for the Tommy house marked. But the devs have already said no.

Also the average player doesn't need to kill Jason it should be earned.

24 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I think this whole non sense started with someone saying it’s easier to kill him then escape so you think all these average players would just kill him seeing as it’s so “easy”

On Jarvis and Pinehurst it actually is easier. The other maps it'd say it's more even as to which is easier. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

LOL umm I’ve seen day 1 players kill him many times. If I can walk through a first time player to kill Jason that easily something is wrong

So are you saying it’s easier then any other method of survival? I seen day one players escaped far more

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I was playing the game for nearly 6 months before my first Jason kill. At the time it felt like a big thing. Until i realized how easy it actually is. Killing him should be a challenge. I don't him buffed to the moon. Just a few tweaks to make it a bit more fair for Jason.

All I want is an HP buff, quick block to work properly again, and a few seconds of invincibility frames coming out of a stun. Give Jason those three things and it'll make all the difference for experienced Jason players. I'd also like the power box for the Tommy house marked. But the devs have already said no.

Also the average player doesn't need to kill Jason it should be earned.

On Jarvis and Pinehurst it actually is easier. The other maps it'd say it's more even as to which is easier. 

It’s amazing the lengths you guys go to trying to convince the devs it so easy to kill him lol give it a rest already

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I will die on this hill. The kill shouldn't be a thing until there are only 2 survivors left. @Coach Feratu it's not arbitrary because in every film Jason is killed by the last or last two people.

Edited by F134Ever86

1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

I will die on this hill. The kill shouldn't be a thing until there are only 2 survivors left.

That's too arbitrary. 

3 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

It’s amazing the lengths you guys go to trying to convince the devs it so easy to kill him lol give it a rest already

I mean, I've been convinced.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

So are you saying it’s easier then any other method of survival? I seen day one players escaped far more

Just because you see escapes more than Jason getting killed it doesn’t mean anything. The average player goes for escaping. There’s a lot of escape mains. But the second an experienced good team is going for the J kill it will get done far more often than it should. Anybody who has killed Jason match after match knows this. You can tell something is broken when you can kill Jason with a 80-90+% success rate... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, SirMang said:

If a counselor ends up just standing there/dancing in front of you after taking your mask off...do NOT kill them.  Just leave them and go to someone else. 

This would have saved literally dozens off Jason's killed by me and a small group of friends. The counselor isn't running away from you because they're HOPING to die. They WANT you to kill them because they want to come back as Tommy, hook up with Sweater-Girl (or Designated Sweater-Girl) and come kill your ass. I posted a video recently about making Jason-killers rage quit, and all I had to do was just grab wannabe-Tommy (still a Vanessa at that point) and walk her outside the shack (she eventually figured out I wasn't going to kill her and quit).  She invaded the shack, didn't touch the sweater, and just jogged right up to me when I got to the shack. And you know what? 99% of Jason's would have killed her ass immediately without a second thought, just like 99% of Jasons will kill a dancing but stationary counselor without a second thought. And a few minutes later, that counselor (that you killed without a second thought) is going to come back as Tommy and kill YOU without a second thought.

13 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

I will die on this hill. The kill shouldn't be a thing until there are only 2 survivors left. @Coach Feratu it's not arbitrary because in every film Jason is killed by the last or last two people.

Yes, I know. That doesn't make it a good gameplay mechanic. It's too arbitrary. It would encourage counselors to either srew each other over, or just try to escape since most of the counselors need to escape anyway. What we should be doing is trying to make it organically lead to there only being two counselors left.

10 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

This would have saved literally dozens off Jason's killed by me and a small group of friends. The counselor isn't running away from you because they're HOPING to die. They WANT you to kill them because they want to come back as Tommy, hook up with Sweater-Girl (or Designated Sweater-Girl) and come kill your ass. I posted a video recently about making Jason-killers rage quit, and all I had to do was just grab wannabe-Tommy (still a Vanessa at that point) and walk her outside the shack (she eventually figured out I wasn't going to kill her and quit).  She invaded the shack, didn't touch the sweater, and just jogged right up to me when I got to the shack. And you know what? 99% of Jason's would have killed her ass immediately without a second thought, just like 99% of Jasons will kill a dancing but stationary counselor without a second thought. And a few minutes later, that counselor (that you killed without a second thought) is going to come back as Tommy and kill YOU without a second thought.

Good advice. I'll have to take that into consideration.

On 4/25/2020 at 8:00 AM, GeneiJin said:

I'll just say that the stronger Jason players that regularly play stiff competition are the ones that die the most.  Playing against a tournament caliber team isn't something 99% of public Jason's are prepared to deal with.

Lets think about this for a moment.  Jason's mask doesn't take much to come off, Tommy call is often free, Shack locations are known and doesn't need to be found like objective items.  Once the three requirements are in place (sweater, Tommy, demasked), Jason can not appoach them dirrectly and has to resort to throw knives, counter by blocking, thickSkinned, medic.  With other objects even if they get started, Jason still has chances to prevent escapes.  Killing Jason, otherwise, has the advantage on counselors, they control the map.  Only requires 2 decent players, or one really good one and a competent enough Tommy. 

You haven't played against a pro-caliber team.  Based on what you just said, that is a EZ Jason kill scenario.

Correct, there is little advantage from trapping the shack, it can only slow the down if you wanna pressure them as they about to raid it.  If there is 3-4 counselors around it isn't going to do much, and it's more effective to just body block the entrance (while leaving all objective unchallenged, 😂)

I've never played a tournament, not because i'm scared to, but because i've never been asked to do one and i play on xbox where barely anyone plays anymore, it's hard enough to find a normal game, let alone a comp game. Also,  i used to play with 150 plus players who were playing on 60 ping while i played on 400 and i was only close to dying once when i first started playing on the ping. If you want the ultimate task of not dying, try playing in a lobby with 150's with 60 ping to your 400 ping. I credit those lobbies as to making me a way better player than i was because going back to normal ping, you'd be amazed at just how easy the game is to play. 

19 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I've never played a tournament

That the key taking away I have from your comments.  I know the challenges of dealing with high ping, and Im glad you found some way of compensating for it.  However, league players, regular play against some of the strongest Jason who are on Host.  Jason is way more responsive, quick-block is reliable, and quick knives are instant.  Against a tournament squad w/ a 400+ ms Jason, you are not going to be able to combat them effectively.  You are also likely to die since any stun that happens around the wrong situations, such as a gun shot, then hit with Heavy machetes/axes by 2-3 counselors on recovery is an instant mask pop.

6 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

That the key taking away I have from your comments.  I know the challenges of dealing with high ping, and Im glad you found some way of compensating for it.  However, league players, regular play against some of the strongest Jason who are on Host.  Jason is way more responsive, quick-block is reliable, and quick knives are instant.  Against a tournament squad w/ a 400+ ms Jason, you are not going to be able to combat them effectively.  You are also likely to die since any stun that happens around the wrong situations, such as a gun shot, then hit with Heavy machetes/axes by 2-3 counselors on recovery is an instant mask pop.

As i said, i've never played any tournaments so i can't give you an actual answer how it would play out, maybe i'll play one one of these days if i can actually find out anymore. 

2 hours ago, Thunder said:

As i said, i've never played any tournaments so i can't give you an actual answer how it would play out, maybe i'll play one one of these days if i can actually find out anymore. 

If you want I can ask if anyone on XBox want to play.  PM me if you're interested seeing how you'd do.

19 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

If you want I can ask if anyone on XBox want to play.  PM me if you're interested seeing how you'd do.

Tournaments still happen on xbox?

Every damn time I try to pick up a counselor as Jason I get the ol' Swiss Army knife right in the neck and it's frustrating! Which button(s) do I press after I grab someone by the neck?

41 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

Every damn time I try to pick up a counselor as Jason I get the ol' Swiss Army knife right in the neck and it's frustrating! Which button(s) do I press after I grab someone by the neck?

Pocket knife is unblockable.

6 hours ago, Thunder said:

Tournaments still happen on xbox?

most player play on PS4, but many of them have multi platforms.

On 4/23/2020 at 5:20 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

So you have only died in 3% of you matches and you say it’s easier to kill him then escape? So they must escape less then 3% of the time?

Correct. I either die as Jason or kill the entire lobby. Someone might escape against me once a month. It is rare.

On 4/27/2020 at 11:55 PM, Jason Lover said:

The bots aren't limited to how many pocket knives they can have. If you play online there can be a maximum of only four pocket knives. But if you can't regularly wipe a bot lobby in under 10 minutes, don't bother trying online Jason. You'll just end up getting killed by a lobby full of children.

On 4/25/2020 at 6:03 PM, thrawn3054 said:

All I want is an HP buff, quick block to work properly again, and a few seconds of invincibility frames coming out of a stun. Give Jason those three things and it'll make all the difference for experienced Jason players.

I can quick block off host. You're not quick blocking swift attack, but you're not quick blocking swift attack on host either. It's not nearly as responsive as it is on host but it is possible. Just like anything else, it takes practice.

On 5/11/2020 at 10:55 AM, imthatdamngood33 said:

Correct. I either die as Jason or kill the entire lobby. Someone might escape against me once a month. It is rare.

And I’d imagine killing the whole lobby happens far more often

On 5/15/2020 at 5:51 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

And I’d imagine killing the whole lobby happens far more often

Yes, the entire lobby dies most of the time I am Jason. Public lobbies of randoms. If you get a group of 3-5 people, they will usually go for the kids. Once in awhile get the call to the cops off.

Just to add, one reason why you do not see more Jason deaths is because they run. Saw this again yesterday where Jason just ran away whenever Tommy and sweater girl walked went after him. I am all about smart tactics when the odds are against you, but watching Jason just through knives and consistently run away is just sad.

Just my 2 cents.