1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

To quote myself.

Any average Jason is likely to survive a rag-tag mediocre "kill squad".  The jump in skill between a average counselor player to a league player is quite large, this gap is true as well for Jason, and even the best Jason there can look like a fool if thing quickly snowball against his favor.   Good player have no problem killing 99% public Jason, and even skilled Jason, 2-3 players can get him if luck is in their favor. 

If you want to see what I'm talking about, and play on PC, I'll grab a buddy or two.  If you are on other platforms, I know players that I can hand you off to.  Of course, this is if you are looking for an challenge ;)

I never said I was great at this game. The majority of players on this game are just normal people who Like to play here and there, it seems that’s what they are trying to balance the game on. They added a whole bunch of options to make the game easier or harder in private match is that not where these “league players” play

16 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I never said I was great at this game.

And yet you claim that "Anyone with some common sense knows that’s false (that it's easy to kill Jason)".  As much as the balance (or lack of) effect sthe higher end of play, I think this is more of a determent to the larger play-level.  I'm tired of seeing a group of 3-4 Vanessas spamming small maps stacking the odd against Jason.  It's too easy to game that there needs to be an buff/fix/adjustment to killing him.  Since it ends the match immediately, as well as trivialize Jason to open up other escape options, any players looking consistent win, or in most cases, to Troll and be Toxic toward Jason should be going for the Kill every game.  Going for it earlier (as soon as Tommy spawn) is always better since more counselors are alive to ether help or spread the map.  There needs to be something to desensitize it,  giving Jason more option to defend or protection/grace period  from an earlier game attempt to allow him to Kill counselors without having to fear death quite yet.  @mattshotchadid say they are working on something, so we are all waiting to see how this is being addressed.

20 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

And yet you claim that "Anyone with some common sense knows that’s false (that it's easy to kill Jason)".  As much as the balance (or lack of) effect sthe higher end of play, I think this is more of a determent to the larger play-level.  I'm tired of seeing a group of 3-4 Vanessas spamming small maps stacking the odd against Jason.  It's too easy to game that there needs to be an buff/fix/adjustment to killing him.  Since it ends the match immediately, as well as trivialize Jason to open up other escape options, any players looking consistent win, or in most cases, to Troll and be Toxic toward Jason should be going for the Kill every game.  Going for it earlier (as soon as Tommy spawn) is always better since more counselors are alive to ether help or spread the map.  There needs to be something to desensitize it,  giving Jason more option to defend or protection/grace period  from an earlier game attempt to allow him to Kill counselors without having to fear death quite yet.  @mattshotchadid say they are working on something, so we are all waiting to see how this is being addressed.

So I have to be great to have common sense?

1 minute ago, Urmomsnewman said:

So I have to be great to have common sense?

The "common sense" that long time players have is Jason is easy to kill.  Coming in as a new player or an on/off player you might think its hard, but with enough experience, you'll find that isn't true.

2 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Well I’ve had the game since launch and it’s not common sense

Then you don't have the type of experience I'm talking about, you might also be a on/off player.   Play with players better than yourself, aim to be a better combat counselor, try to kill Jason every game as the only goal, you will quickly see a different perspective.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coach Feratu said:

I've been gangbanged. It's really not hard to deal with. I usually get my mask knocked off, but if you trap the shack, and know what you're doing, you usually kill them all. At least I do.

It's wasnt your fault.I shotgunned you 3 times and I think used firecrackers on you. I was doing my best to stall you and I wasn't even talking to the others. Things just kinda fell into place. I might have died, but the sacrifice paid off, even though I was sure it was in vain

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

You know what, you've sold me. I've never faced pro level players, so I can except that my experiences perhaps aren't the end all be all. It's a tough puzzle, trying to make Jason "feel stronger" while not making the game unplayable for casual Counselor players.

14 minutes ago, Coach Feratu said:

You know what, you've sold me. I've never faced pro level players, so I can except that my experiences perhaps aren't the end all be all. It's a tough puzzle, trying to make Jason "feel stronger" while not making the game unplayable for casual Counselor players.

Yea, that is the dilemma. Likely can't be truly be balanced in the sense that will satisfy hardcore players without buff Jason that will turn off casuals (some argue that the rage buff was going too far :P).  Personally, I just don't want Jason to be dead or trivialized 3 mins into the game, or giving him a chance to kill and put the pressure on counselors, not the other way around.  I suggest in the past to just make Jason damage immune until rage (so he can't be demasked and killed before then), but @mattshotcha seems to think that it would somehow de-value the rage buff (since he see play trying to kill him would push him into rage earlier, I argue they are already doing it and Jason can be damage and killed very early on).

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Yea, that is the dilemma. Likely can't be truly be balanced in the sense that will satisfy hardcore players without buff Jason that will turn off casuals (some argue that the rage buff was going too far :P).  Personally, I just don't want Jason to be dead or trivialized 3 mins into the game, or giving him a chance to kill and put the pressure on counselors, not the other way around.  I suggest in the past to just make Jason damage immune until rage (so he can't be demasked and killed before then), but @mattshotcha seems to think that it would somehow de-value the rage buff (since he see play trying to kill him would push him into rage earlier, I argue they are already doing it and Jason can be damage and killed very early on).

Realistically, I think they should just reduce Jason's stun time, increase is HP, and make escaping SLIGHTLY easier. Maybe also give Jason a limited resistance to stun after he gets stunned. And perhaps automatically give him rage if someone takes the sweater? 

45 minutes ago, Coach Feratu said:

And perhaps automatically give him rage if someone takes the sweater? 

LOL, people are really going to get mad if they didn't already when some takes the sweater too early 🤣.  As much as I would like that, I can see how troll can abuse this to punish the whole lobby :rolleyes: .

1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

LOL, people are really going to get mad if they didn't already when some takes the sweater too early 🤣.  As much as I would like that, I can see how troll can abuse this to punish the whole lobby :rolleyes: .

Perhaps. Maybe highlight the one with the sweater so Jason always knows their location? Along with the increased HP and increased stun resist, Jason would have more time to punish the thief before he loses his mask.

4 hours ago, Coach Feratu said:

Perhaps. Maybe highlight the one with the sweater so Jason always knows their location? Along with the increased HP and increased stun resist, Jason would have more time to punish the thief before he loses his mask.

Actually that would be a good one.  Having the sweater glow on sense regardless of where she is, tho it wouldn't matter too much with better players.  We've been asking for increased HP for awhile and stun resistance wouldn't matter because of rage, as well any non-stun hit does full damage so it could be a bad thing for Jason actually.

I was Jason a few hours ago. I played horribly and only killed 3/8. I assumed the counselors would rally against me since I was apparently incapable of grabbing anyone, but - No. Just the usual tea bagging and “ You suck” messages. 

I was Jason a few hours ago. I played horribly and only killed 3/8. I assumed the counselors would rally against me since I was apparently incapable of grabbing anyone, but - No. Just the usual tea bagging and “ You suck” messages. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Coach Feratu said:

I wasn't trying to denigrate your experience with the game, as I've played since just after launch and I'm pretty sure you've only been playing recently as suggesting by your posting.  There is a difference in between skill level on the game obviously when you have more experience playing it.  I know the maps like the back of my hand.  I know the shack spawn locations.  I know the tommy tower locations.  

Personally when I'm playing I optimally want to be at the phone house and to have a machete or axe inside.  I'll bait Jason into coming after me, take his mask off because many Jasons don't know how to use block and/or are grab happy which you can punish easily, after taking his mask I'll just run over to the traps he put on the fuse box and die to them.  

Have a 3 person party in QP and have one of your other party members willing to die just as quickly, at that point they can just suicide, and Tommy is showing up at the 2 minute mark of the round and Jason is walking around with no mask on.  At that point it's academic. 

No this doesn't happen every match.  But yes it does happen.  I've had matches where me and 2 others have killed Jason's in 3 and a half minutes.  And the mere fact that can happen is ridiculous.

Also no it's not just low level Jason's who can be abused by this either.

My tip, anytime you enter a cabin as Jason or go around a corner or go through a door...go into block before you do it.  And for the love of all that is holy do not break doors or windows with the prompt as you're just giving a counselor a free shot. Demasking Jason through a window is something else that while funny, is ridiculous, and as Jason you should not allow it to happen. 

23 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I wasn't trying to denigrate your experience with the game, as I've played since just after launch and I'm pretty sure you've only been playing recently as suggesting by your posting.  There is a difference in between skill level on the game obviously when you have more experience playing it.  I know the maps like the back of my hand.  I know the shack spawn locations.  I know the tommy tower locations.  

Personally when I'm playing I optimally want to be at the phone house and to have a machete or axe inside.  I'll bait Jason into coming after me, take his mask off because many Jasons don't know how to use block and/or are grab happy which you can punish easily, after taking his mask I'll just run over to the traps he put on the fuse box and die to them.  

Have a 3 person party in QP and have one of your other party members willing to die just as quickly, at that point they can just suicide, and Tommy is showing up at the 2 minute mark of the round and Jason is walking around with no mask on.  At that point it's academic. 

No this doesn't happen every match.  But yes it does happen.  I've had matches where me and 2 others have killed Jason's in 3 and a half minutes.  And the mere fact that can happen is ridiculous.

Also no it's not just low level Jason's who can be abused by this either.

My tip, anytime you enter a cabin as Jason or go around a corner or go through a door...go into block before you do it.  And for the love of all that is holy do not break doors or windows with the prompt as you're just giving a counselor a free shot. Demasking Jason through a window is something else that while funny, is ridiculous, and as Jason you should not allow it to happen. 

Had this happen to me during one of my first Jason matches. Now I know to look for the signs: If you encounter two or more counselors who don't try to run away early on but instead look to gang up on you with no fear of slashing, move on to another objective. The worst thing an inexperienced Jason can do is tunnel organized counselors early during a match. Problem is that it can be tempting to go for the early kills since noobs can at least superficially behave similarly.

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

I

Blocking has been my best friend, and is THE reason I've been able to handle so many killer squads. Weapon damage plus block is going to fuck up 99% of (non pro) kill squads. Assuming they don't ALREADY have a Tommy and a sweater. Even then, catching Tommy out in the open and hacking him to death while avoiding the sweater still usually works, but I can see how a good squad who communicate and keep their heads when Jason actually holds his own wouldn't let that happen. I think most squads I've killed just start to panic a little when Jason isn't getting stunned and is hitting back.

20 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Well I’m sure myself along with almost every player has escaped or survived a vast number of time more then we have killed Jason, if it was “easier” those numbers would be reversed. You and a few other people have said it enough time that you want the kill to be harder but this is just silly

Because it does need to be harder. If me and the people I played with wanted a Jason dead they almost always died. Almost every failed kill was from the Jason player hiding from us or a glitch. I'm not saying it should be impossible. But if you have a team of 3 dedicated to the kill it's nearly a lock and it shouldn't be. 

45 minutes ago, Coach Feratu said:

Blocking has been my best friend, and is THE reason I've been able to handle so many killer squads. Weapon damage plus block is going to fuck up 99% of (non pro) kill squads. Assuming they don't ALREADY have a Tommy and a sweater. Even then, catching Tommy out in the open and hacking him to death while avoiding the sweater still usually works, but I can see how a good squad who communicate and keep their heads when Jason actually holds his own wouldn't let that happen. I think most squads I've killed just start to panic a little when Jason isn't getting stunned and is hitting back.

If you're blocking and then hitting and then back to block, yes.  This is a viable strategy.  In QP it's rough to quick block when you're not host.  If your ping is high, forget about it you're not going to block fast enough.  Trading hits with a counselor is a bad idea.  If my goal is to demask you, I'll trade shots with you.  Sure you're gonna kill me but I'm taking your mask in the process - which is my desired result anyway. 

1 hour ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Had this happen to me during one of my first Jason matches. Now I know to look for the signs: If you encounter two or more counselors who don't try to run away early on but instead look to gang up on you with no fear of slashing, move on to another objective. The worst thing an inexperienced Jason can do is tunnel organized counselors early during a match. Problem is that it can be tempting to go for the early kills since noobs can at least superficially behave similarly.

Best advice here. 

I'm going to add to it.  If a counselor ends up just standing there/dancing in front of you after taking your mask off...do NOT kill them.  Just leave them and go to someone else. 

If anyone is willing to just stand there toe to toe with you, or is corner hiding on you and hitting you as you walk around, with an axe/machete/firepoker...figure they're trying to demask and kill you.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Because it does need to be harder. If me and the people I played with wanted a Jason dead they almost always died. Almost every failed kill was from the Jason player hiding from us or a glitch. I'm not saying it should be impossible. But if you have a team of 3 dedicated to the kill it's nearly a lock and it shouldn't be. 

What about just your average player? Like the majority of the player base? I’m guessing u have logged countless hours just like the othe 10 people complaining 

11 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

What about just your average player? Like the majority of the player base? I’m guessing u have logged countless hours just like the othe 10 people complaining 

The average player goes for the escape and not the kill anyway. So re working Jason to make him harder to kill wouldn’t really affect escape mains that much. It’d only affect kill squads. 

4 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

The average player goes for the escape and not the kill anyway. So re working Jason to make him harder to kill wouldn’t really affect escape mains that much. It’d only affect kill squads. 

I think this whole non sense started with someone saying it’s easier to kill him then escape so you think all these average players would just kill him seeing as it’s so “easy”