It was completely my fault! I saw a Jenny with a sweater standing right next to a Tommy. AND I JUST WALKED RIGHT UP TO THEM AND TRIED TO SLASH JENNY! What was I thinking!?!? I'm still pulling my hair out!

• Like 2

You live and you learn man. I suggest you watch videos by Boredom Era on how to play better as Jason. That's what I do.

• Like 2

I have died more than 30 times in over 1000 matches as Jason. But, it was usually against level 150s. Not a big deal. It is easier to kill Jason than escape against him.

• Like 1

It'd be cool if the counselors found Jason's shack in the woods then they'd have to fight Mrs. Voorhees' severed head like in the old Nintendo game. :P

• Like 1

I think I was in that match. I was Adam doing my best to stall Jason while Tommy ran to Jenny.  Ultimately I ran out of weapons and stamina and got murdered, but the sacrifice paid off when Tommy and Jenny got the kill. To be honest, I was sure they were going to botch the job. If it wasn't your match it was one that was very similar. Either way, we've all been killed as Jason so there's no shame. If it was your match, I hope no hard feelings. Cheers

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

I think I was in that match. I was Adam doing my best to stall Jason while Tommy ran to Jenny.  Ultimately I ran out of weapons and stamina and got murdered, but the sacrifice paid off when Tommy and Jenny got the kill. To be honest, I was sure they were going to botch the job. If it wasn't your match it was one that was very similar. Either way, we've all been killed as Jason so there's no shame. If it was your match, I hope no hard feelings. Cheers

I was part 8. I got tilted, should have killed you with that first grab, but I wanted to be fancy. GG though. It was clean job. 

5 hours ago, imthatdamngood33 said:

I It is easier to kill Jason than escape against him.

I don't think that's true.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, imthatdamngood33 said:

I have died more than 30 times in over 1000 matches as Jason. But, it was usually against level 150s. Not a big deal. It is easier to kill Jason than escape against him.

So you have only died in 3% of you matches and you say it’s easier to kill him then escape? So they must escape less then 3% of the time?

• Like 1

Anyone with some common sense knows it’s easier to kill Jason than escape him, c’mon now

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Anyone with some common sense knows it’s easier to kill Jason than escape him, c’mon now

I mean you can say that, but it's not "common sense" if only a small percentage of people do it. I only got killed because I was being sloppy. I've dealt with plenty of Jason killers before that. Definitely had more people escape than kill me, and been in WAY more matches where people escaped and the would be Jason killers died. Killing Jason isn't easy if he knows what your doing.

You play Jason, you will die as Jason.... unless you are a bitch and just hide in the waters the rest of the game. 🤣

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

It happens man. You play Jason enough eventually you'll get got.

^^ This ^^

58 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

You play Jason, you will die as Jason.... unless you are a bitch and just hide in the waters the rest of the game. 🤣

^^ And this ^^

• Like 1

It’s fairly straightforward killing Jason if a group is organized, calls Tommy and the Tommy knows what they’re doing. That’s a lot of ‘ifs’ though.

Just as easy, or difficult depending on the lobby, to escape when an organized group pushes multiple objectives. And it goes without saying that a lone wolf is better off trying to escape rather that relying upon the lobby to take off Jason’s mask and then praying for a good Tommy.

6 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Only had it happen twice and i've played since day 1.

1st time it was just Tommy and the girl with the sweater, i shift stalked grabbed the sweater girl and killed her. You may call it cheap but it's an effective way to quick kill someone.

2nd game i went up against a full lobby of 150's who were american (i'm australian), and the ping for me was 400 while they had 60 ping so the game was hard mode for me. They were all hanging around the car having started it but then i stopped it, they used the sweater and i got put to my kness, but because i was leaning against the car, the Tommy couldn't get the right angle to activate the kill. I was way inexperienced back then and it was one of the first times playing in that high ping but never had i come close to being killed again and that was 2 years ago.

Not saying i'm king Jason or anything but i've become more experienced and you learn after a while most counselors tricks and what they're going to do. 

19 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Anyone with some common sense knows that’s false

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Some of you must not run into groups of 2 or more people in QP that you don't experience watching round after round of Jason being killed.  All it takes is a coordinated group of 2 people in QP to kill whomever is Jason the majority of the time.  And as Jason you have little to no control over it. 

In private it's different, especially if you're host since quick block actually works and people can't just gang bang you or else they'll injure each other in the process. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Some of you must not run into groups of 2 or more people in QP that you don't experience watching round after round of Jason being killed.  All it takes is a coordinated group of 2 people in QP to kill whomever is Jason the majority of the time.  And as Jason you have little to no control over it. 

In private it's different, especially if you're host since quick block actually works and people can't just gang bang you or else they'll injure each other in the process. 

I've been gangbanged. It's really not hard to deal with. I usually get my mask knocked off, but if you trap the shack, and know what you're doing, you usually kill them all. At least I do.

3 minutes ago, Coach Feratu said:

I've been gangbanged. It's really not hard to deal with. I usually get my mask knocked off, but if you trap the shack, and know what you're doing, you usually kill them all. At least I do.

Trapping the shack is pointless.  

Tommy shows up and just PKs your trap...not to mention that most of the time you can get around the trap at the shack anyway. 

Sure you might have taken away Tommy's PK but it doesn't matter because once he and SG are together, they're gonna be attached at the hip for the rest of the round looking for you.  

If you're gonna trap anything that's not an objective, trap the Tommy power box.  Of course, you have to hope you see it in the cut scene or guess the right one if you don't.  And you have to hope the game didn't spawn someone right at it - it happens.  As well as hope that the morph spot is near the box.  

Example - Pack small.  The Tommy house reliably is in the cabins below the main house.  Except the power box is all the way at the barn near the exit and your morph point there is an easy 15 second walk away with a fence in between you and it.  So if the game decides to spawn a counselor right at the Tommy house and they prioritize the call, they're gonna call Tommy before you even take the power out. 

And if you kill them when they come to the shack? If you put two traps? If you hack at them and they haven't gotten your mask yet? Yes, if everything goes all according to plan, and Jason is unlucky, they'll get him. But you and I know that isn't going to happen more often than not.

28 minutes ago, Coach Feratu said:

but if you trap the shack, and know what you're doing, you usually kill them all.

Trapping the shack won’t do a whole lot if Tommy and sg go grab the sweater together. And if you’re there while they’re about to grab it Tommy will just shoot you and tank the trap. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 3:19 AM, Thunder said:

Not saying i'm king Jason or anything but i've become more experienced and you learn after a while most counselors tricks and what they're going to do. 

I'll just say that the stronger Jason players that regularly play stiff competition are the ones that die the most.  Playing against a tournament caliber team isn't something 99% of public Jason's are prepared to deal with.

On 4/24/2020 at 1:41 PM, Urmomsnewman said:

Anyone with some common sense knows that’s false

Lets think about this for a moment.  Jason's mask doesn't take much to come off, Tommy call is often free, Shack locations are known and doesn't need to be found like objective items.  Once the three requirements are in place (sweater, Tommy, demasked), Jason can not appoach them dirrectly and has to resort to throw knives, counter by blocking, thickSkinned, medic.  With other objects even if they get started, Jason still has chances to prevent escapes.  Killing Jason, otherwise, has the advantage on counselors, they control the map.  Only requires 2 decent players, or one really good one and a competent enough Tommy. 

On 4/24/2020 at 2:14 PM, Coach Feratu said:

You haven't played against a pro-caliber team.  Based on what you just said, that is a EZ Jason kill scenario.

23 hours ago, SirMang said:

Trapping the shack is pointless. 

23 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Trapping the shack won’t do a whole lot if Tommy and sg go grab the sweater together. And if you’re there while they’re about to grab it Tommy will just shoot you and tank the trap. 

Correct, there is little advantage from trapping the shack, it can only slow the down if you wanna pressure them as they about to raid it.  If there is 3-4 counselors around it isn't going to do much, and it's more effective to just body block the entrance (while leaving all objective unchallenged, 😂)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Lets think about this for a moment.  Jason's mask doesn't take much to come off, Tommy call is often free, Shack locations are known and doesn't need to be found like objective items.  Once the three requirements are in place (sweater, Tommy, demasked), Jason can not appoach them dirrectly and has to resort to throw knives, counter by blocking, thickSkinned, medic.  With other objects even if they get started, Jason still has chances to prevent escapes.  Killing Jason, otherwise, has the advantage on counselors, they control the map.  Only requires 2 decent players, or one really good one and a competent enough Tommy. 

Well I’m sure myself along with almost every player has escaped or survived a vast number of time more then we have killed Jason, if it was “easier” those numbers would be reversed. You and a few other people have said it enough time that you want the kill to be harder but this is just silly

16 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Well I’m sure myself along with almost every player has escaped or survived a vast number of time more then we have killed Jason, if it was “easier” those numbers would be reversed. You and a few other people have said it enough time that you want the kill to be harder but this is just silly

To quote myself.

33 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I'll just say that the stronger Jason players that regularly play stiff competition are the ones that die the most.  Playing against a tournament caliber team isn't something 99% of public Jason's aren't prepared to deal with.

Any average Jason is likely to survive a rag-tag mediocre "kill squad".  The jump in skill between a average counselor player to a league player is quite large, this gap is true as well for Jason, and even the best of Jasons can look like a fool if things quickly snowball against his favor.   Good playesr have no problem killing 99% of public Jason, and even skilled Jason, 2-3 players can get him if luck is in their favor. 

If you want to see what I'm talking about, and play on PC, I'll grab a buddy or two.  If you are on other platforms, I know players that I can hand you off to.  Of course, this is if you are looking for an challenge ;)

• Confused 1