Jump to content
Coach Feratu

To those who are disappointed, what did you expect?

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I assume the thought was to make every counselor have "final girl" potential. The game would be very boring if you couldn't fight back. That's not to say Jason isn't a bit underpowered. He is. But getting the balance right when there's no separation between newbies and veterans isn't easy.

I agree. The developers have said in the past that they wouldn't make drastic changes. If Jason gets any adjustments, it will be gradual in order to achieve some kind of balance on both sides. Hopefully it is appealing to to both the hardcore and the casual players.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2020 at 2:11 PM, Coach Feratu said:

I mean, I think they got it right. He DOES get wrecked in the movies a lot. He's a clumsy oaf in 2, gets beat up by a teenage girl in 3, and killed by a child in 4. He's a tank it 6 (though he still gets stunned, and Tommy is able to wrestle him) and in 7 he's back getting beat up. 

 

All that aside, how would the game be fun for counselors if they couldn't fight Jason at all?

Not to mention in Freddy vs. Jason Freddy creams Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve played this since release, in fact my Xbox could be most of the times referred to as a Friday the 13th and No Mans Sky box, my PS4 is a “the forest” box.

i never felt let down by the concept, in fact I think it stood out as a shining star at how great multiplayer games can be and retain their simplicity and not turn into “battle royal” games. The idea is absolutely brilliant.

as said a million times player base is a problem, particularly on non Xbox systems (I have a 4 versions) Xbox makes it easier to form private groups, the others are terrible at this with the switch being the worst (however the switch from the little ive played has a better player base, yes some are young, but they aren’t annoying twits like many of the other mainstream console kids)

The other thing is of course the bugs, a lot are taken care of, some aren’t important (like pinehurst fireworks or Jason’s hand not meeting the neck dead on) their were others that are game breaking, one good example was the unlimited window jumps with no ground fall (fixed) the other is the knife car destroy (maybe 50 percent better).

one thing I would have love to have seen is 4K HDR, but I won’t complain, 90 percent of the gamers out there today are happy with every remake of call of duty or fortnite, or whatever else that gets the most attention.

maybe I’m just old as hell, but does everyone else think these games are just repetitive and uninteresting? It’s almost as bad as the 2019 vs 2020 NFL or WWE, what difference does it really make, the game is basically the same.

I will say the three games I mentioned earlier (the forest, Friday the 13th, and no mans sky- after all the additions) are the 3 greatest games in the last 10 or 20 years, I can’t remember really just enjoying the hell out of a game as much as I did those three since the first Metroid Prime on the GameCube, or all the Silent Hill games (or most of them), Diablo III was really good too but complexity of gear was annoying. I love doom and doom eternal but let’s face it, if you didn’t grow up with controllers with 20 buttons and complex combinations they are just too damn hard and wear you out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 11:09 AM, AshTray900 said:

I’ve played this since release, in fact my Xbox could be most of the times referred to as a Friday the 13th and No Mans Sky box, my PS4 is a “the forest” box.

i never felt let down by the concept, in fact I think it stood out as a shining star at how great multiplayer games can be and retain their simplicity and not turn into “battle royal” games. The idea is absolutely brilliant.

as said a million times player base is a problem, particularly on non Xbox systems (I have a 4 versions) Xbox makes it easier to form private groups, the others are terrible at this with the switch being the worst (however the switch from the little ive played has a better player base, yes some are young, but they aren’t annoying twits like many of the other mainstream console kids)

The other thing is of course the bugs, a lot are taken care of, some aren’t important (like pinehurst fireworks or Jason’s hand not meeting the neck dead on) their were others that are game breaking, one good example was the unlimited window jumps with no ground fall (fixed) the other is the knife car destroy (maybe 50 percent better).

one thing I would have love to have seen is 4K HDR, but I won’t complain, 90 percent of the gamers out there today are happy with every remake of call of duty or fortnite, or whatever else that gets the most attention.

maybe I’m just old as hell, but does everyone else think these games are just repetitive and uninteresting? It’s almost as bad as the 2019 vs 2020 NFL or WWE, what difference does it really make, the game is basically the same.

I will say the three games I mentioned earlier (the forest, Friday the 13th, and no mans sky- after all the additions) are the 3 greatest games in the last 10 or 20 years, I can’t remember really just enjoying the hell out of a game as much as I did those three since the first Metroid Prime on the GameCube, or all the Silent Hill games (or most of them), Diablo III was really good too but complexity of gear was annoying. I love doom and doom eternal but let’s face it, if you didn’t grow up with controllers with 20 buttons and complex combinations they are just too damn hard and wear you out

I'm an old fart too I guess. I'm not really into video games but I've gotten pretty good at Friday the 13th. Of course I'm a Horror/Friday the 13th fan. A lot of video games are repetitive. Predator: Hunting Grounds looks a lot like those Star Wars Battlefront games, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

I'm an old fart too I guess. I'm not really into video games but I've gotten pretty good at Friday the 13th. Of course I'm a Horror/Friday the 13th fan. A lot of video games are repetitive. Predator: Hunting Grounds looks a lot like those Star Wars Battlefront games, etc.

It's nice to have another older gamer in the mix.

@AshTray900, I had some fun times with both Metroid Prime and the Silent Hill franchise.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I;m more dissapointed at Dead by Deadlight than this one, they only worked with one franchise and it is good considering how faithful to the source material they tried to be (honestly moes games that are movie related suck *cough* green lantern *cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not disappointed in the game itself. It’s everything I wanted. I’m disappointed that support and content has been stopped. It was so close to being the definitive Friday the 13th game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I’m not disappointed in the game itself. It’s everything I wanted. I’m disappointed that support and content has been stopped. It was so close to being the definitive Friday the 13th game. 

Fair enough. I feel the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I’m not disappointed in the game itself. It’s everything I wanted. I’m disappointed that support and content has been stopped. It was so close to being the definitive Friday the 13th game. 

It IS the definitive Friday the 13th game!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason Lover said:

It IS the definitive Friday the 13th game!

That sentiment is actually kind of what I mean. The fact that people think it ISN'T kind of shows that people's expectations were a little silly.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Coach Feratu said:

That sentiment is actually kind of what I mean. The fact that people think it ISN'T kind of shows that people's expectations were a little silly.

Sure the atmosphere and details of the maps have a big Friday the 13th feel to it. That part they got right. But you can’t really blame people that don’t agree with you entirely, this game doesn’t feel like a Friday the 13th game with how op counselor teams are compared to Jason. How they go and gangbang Jason, dance on him, hit a zombie Jason with 1 hit and he falls flat on his back, kill squads able to kill Jason 9/10 times, how nobody fears Jason, counselors going to unplayable areas, game breaking exploits, etc... it has all just become a bunch of nonsense really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

It IS the definitive Friday the 13th game!

No. If they followed through and gave us Jason X and the rest of the advertised content, THEN it would be the definitive game. That’s why I said it was close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

No. If they followed through and gave us Jason X and the rest of the advertised content, THEN it would be the definitive game. That’s why I said it was close. 

Even you have to admit that Jason X most definitely AIN'T a fan-favorite of the series. And to all of those people that doesn't want Jason to fall on his back after only one hit go play the 1989 NES game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

Even you have to admit that Jason X most definitely AIN'T a fan-favorite of the series. And to all of those people that doesn't want Jason to fall on his back after only one hit go play the 1989 NES game.

I admit that he would have completed the Jasons in game and made the game feel complete overall. Especially after he was advertised. Whether he’s a fan favorite or not. I’d have more fun slashing counselors as Uber Jason instead of Roy. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

And to all of those people that doesn't want Jason to fall on his back after only one hit go play the 1989 NES game.

Or I just don’t care for Jason looking like a bitch in his own game anymore 🤷🏽‍♂️ just @ me next time 😉 it doesn’t make sense for a zombie Jason to get floored by a tiny counselor. Human Jasons yes they should be able to get stunned easier than zombie Jasons 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 7:44 PM, The Milwauking Dead said:

I admit that he would have completed the Jasons in game and made the game feel complete overall. Especially after he was advertised. Whether he’s a fan favorite or not. I’d have more fun slashing counselors as Uber Jason instead of Roy. 🤷🏼‍♂️

While I do like the Pinehurst map/location I do not like Roy Burns being in this game. He ain't Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 7:54 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Or I just don’t care for Jason looking like a bitch in his own game anymore 🤷🏽‍♂️ just @ me next time 😉 it doesn’t make sense for a zombie Jason to get floored by a tiny counselor. Human Jasons yes they should be able to get stunned easier than zombie Jasons 

The counselors ain't tiny, dorky yes but not tiny and you should call Jason a bitch right in Kane Hodder's face. He worked on this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

The counselors ain't tiny, dorky yes but not tiny and you should call Jason a bitch right in Kane Hodder's face. He worked on this game.

They’re tiny af compared to Jason 😂 and if I see him I’ll be sure to tell him that and back it up with proof of Jason getting a fool made out of him in the game and how trollable the devs made f13 the game and Jason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

The counselors ain't tiny, dorky yes but not tiny and you should call Jason a bitch right in Kane Hodder's face. He worked on this game.

It’s not Kane’s fault that Jason looks like a weak bitch in this game during multiplayer matches. That’s why I only really do offline bots now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

It’s not Kane’s fault that Jason looks like a weak bitch in this game during multiplayer matches. That’s why I only really do offline bots now. 

Maybe you're a bitch playing as Jason eh. The counselors look like dorks. I don't know why you wouldn't want to play the offline bots section of the game all of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...