Best/Preferred Jason  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which Jason do players consider to be the best?

• Part 2
    • Part 3
    • Part 4
    • Part 5
    • Part 6
    • Part 7
    • Part 8
    • Part 9

Which Jason do players consider to be the best/their favourite choice? I realise individual responses will depend on play style but I'd like to get a general idea. I have deliberately not included Savini Jason in this list, as most players cannot access him. Still, I would like to hear any comments about Savini Jason from those who have him or who have seen him in action.

I also did not include Retro Jason because his abilities are the same as the regular skin Part 3. When I use Part 3 I like to use Retro Jason because I have spent many hours playing the 1989 Nintendo Entertainment System Friday the 13th game. I have however always wondered whether Retro Jason is actually disadvantaged - as he is likely to be more visible in darker surroundings. Does anyone agree with that thought?

I would like to hear from players who equip their favourite Jason with an alternate weapon. I would like to hear any explanations concerning which Jason players prefer? Perhaps some players alternate between several Jasons?

Part 3 is the best. My favorite? Part 8. He has an awesome look, good strengths, + stalk (my fav), and no crippling weaknesses. 

It varies, but typically my main is Roy/Part 5. Just good overall, fits my style. But if I know it's against a kill squad then part 3 or 4. Or if it's got a map with a boat then part 8. 

I'd say Part 9 is the worst.

Retro Jason is both harder to see as well as harder to hear coming than the stock pt 3.

I exclusively use pt 6. His extra TKs + the boost in TK damage are well-suited to my style of play. His +Shift lets me grab/slash from  farther than most players expect, and his +Sense makes hiding difficult, especially after Rage.

His -Morph does make map control a little difficult on large maps, and even worse on Jarvis House or Pinehurst. Even on small maps, you're probably only going to get one shot at stopping the car or boat unless whoever's in them decides to be a retard and go joyriding. If you main pt 6, to our going to have to become very good at using Morph wisely and rely more on Shift for travel when possible.

He's also easier to demask than most Jason's. He doesn't have less HP like pt 9, but there's less chance of successfully blocking attacks. Remember that even when blocking, you still take a small amount of damage. It might take a while but you will eventually lose your mask even if you block everything thrown at you (which honestly is kinda pathetic and needs to be tweaked no matter how much crying from certain counselor-mains it results in).

Being an "Undead"-type Jason, pt 6 cannot run/jog, but that's only a problem if you suck at Shifting. Some counselors like Tommy can jog down the road with little danger of pt 6 actually catching them without Shift or TK's, but though you can run out of knives, you can't run out of Shift. Just remember that experienced counselors aren't going to continue jogging in a straight line when you activate it. Turning on Sense before hand will make them easier to see if they start running to throw off your grab.

Pt 6 can use all the weapons the other varients can once weapon-swapping is unlocked (except the pitchfork) but I always use the machete. The spear has slightly longer range but the machete seems to swing a little faster and to me it looks a lot better than the other weapons, especially the awful-ass hedge trimmers.

I main 5 with either machete or pig splitter. -stun resistance and mask health yeah are detrimental against kill squads but I'm very good at quick toss and like the +knives and +stalk and can run with all normal abilities.3 would be my next choice. 3&5 are relatively equal. I made one player change his Steam name to Part5=no skill after I destroyed his lobby  if that says anything. I'm terrible with part 4 no  objective control and if a car gets going you aren't likely stopping it . Is it weird that a "fake" Jason is actually as good or better than a actual Jason? LOL

2 hours ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

I'd say Part 9 is the worst.

+stalk and +shift combo? Surviving a good part 9 is the most difficult Jason to survive the night against. He’s far from the worst Jason. Part 4 and 2 are easily the worst

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

+stalk and +shift combo? Surviving a good part 9 is the most difficult Jason to survive the night against. He’s far from the worst Jason. Part 4 and 2 are easily the worst

I respectfully agree and disagree on that. Part 9 is definitely a dangerous Jason in the right hands. Odin knows I groan every time I hear the bells tolling lol. Part 4 is what I consider the worst by means of map control. But I main Part 2 with his extra traps and +morph I can get around the map quicker and stop repairs and shack intrusion. Granted he has a glass jaw and -shift but I do really well with him. Again, that's just me though. Cheers and game on, my friends 

Part 7 is the worst. Otherwise it depends on play style. Most balanced I would say are 3 and 5. Lots of factors determine how well a Jason will do. Depends on who is in the lobby mainly. What map also has some bearing. My favorite to use when I go for "quality" of kill or quantity, is part 9. His stalk, shift and grab is next level.

I've been having great success with Part 2 recently. +Traps allows me to always trap the shack (two traps on boat maps if I think I might be dealing with a kill squad) and always use three traps on the four seater. +Morph has several advantages and is perfectly paired with his other strengths and weaknesses: I'm able to trap everything at the start of the game with pretty much no waiting for cool down; then I'm able to morph back every time a trap goes off; finally, I'm often able to compensate for -Shift and -Water Speed by anticipating where counselors are headed. And being able to run allows you pressure counselors throughout the game which is always helpful but especially with a -Shift Jason.

He also has a classic backwoods cannibal look when given extra bloody clothes and weapon swapped to the pig splitter. You can definitely picture him butchering an animal before coming out to hunt down some counselors just like any other source of food. :j2:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Can't walk and a lack of traps is an L for me. I know players can be good with him but PT 9 is not for me. 

I consider it a toss up between 3 and 8. They have no meaningful weaknesses and each have one of the best strengths in the game. 

Part 3 is to me the best aggressive Jason. His weapon strength combined with running allow you to take the fight to the enemy. I put him above part 4 in this regard because of part 4's negative shift. I similarly place him above parts 5 and 6 because a good chunk of their offensive power is from throwing knives which run out. 

Part 8 is my other top contender because destruction helps shred doors. This allows for enormous pressure. Combined with his lack of an actual weaknesses and he is just as much a beast as part 3 to me.

@HaHaTrumpWon I'd never heard part 6 got extra damage from throwing knives. Does part 5 got the additional damage as well? I assume you did some testing to discover the extra damage. I'm curious to know how much more damage they do with part 6 and I would assume 5.

+throwing knives is 2 extra knives no extra damage. 

4 hours ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

Can't walk and a lack of traps is an L for me. I know players can be good with him but PT 9 is not for me. 

To each our own 

It's 3 and 8.

It's not even close with the rest. 

However if you're going against kill squads and actively pay attention to pings plus want to be the biggest Ahole Jason on the planet, choose Part 2...take all 7 traps and put them at the shack.  Laugh as people try to get in. 

• Haha 2

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your replies and for your votes. Well this is embarrassing...I exclusively use Part 2...which nobody voted for...though @SonofOdin6039 and @Eva Watanabe did mention that they have been doing well with Part 2 of late. Do you two swap his weapon or leave it at default?

I do quite well with Part 2: I usually kill all the counsellors and even when things go horribly wrong I kill more than half. Traps and Morph are a big part of my game - so perhaps my decision to use Part 2 is valid.

Nevertheless I cannot ignore the poll results. I used to play Part 3 - so I am going to start using him sometimes (Retro Jason!) I am totally inexperienced with Part 8 - so I am going to focus on learning how to use him. Thanks for your help.

Matt P

14 hours ago, MattP said:

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your replies and for your votes. Well this is embarrassing...I exclusively use Part 2...which nobody voted for...though @SonofOdin6039 and @Eva Watanabe did mention that they have been doing well with Part 2 of late. Do you two swap his weapon or leave it at default?

I do quite well with Part 2: I usually kill all the counsellors and even when things go horribly wrong I kill more than half. Traps and Morph are a big part of my game - so perhaps my decision to use Part 2 is valid.

Nevertheless I cannot ignore the poll results. I used to play Part 3 - so I am going to start using him sometimes (Retro Jason!) I am totally inexperienced with Part 8 - so I am going to focus on learning how to use him. Thanks for your help.

Matt P

I swapped his weapon to fire axe. I voted Part 8 not because I prefer him, it's just that I see him start matches the most. My preference is Part 2 because of his traps and morph like you pointed out, plus his running ability. If he could take a little more damage he'd be awesome but that's okay because I make it a point to trap the shack and power boxes, hoping to disable the Tommy cabin early in the game.  Even so Ive been killed with him only once or twice, way less than I have with Part 8,  whom I mained with for months before I switched to Part 2. My worst Jason is Part 4 because while he's a brute, he has limited objective control ability. Just my input. Cheersand game on, my friends 

On 4/21/2020 at 10:17 PM, Coach Feratu said:

Part 8 is objectively the best. Part 9 is objectively the worst. Part 4 is my personal favorite.

It's funny that Part 8 Jason is so damn good. Not a fan favorite Jason in the movie series I can tell ya. Part 9 looks the best. Can't wait to unlock him! :D

Part 3 ys by far the more balanced in strength and weaknesses, is faster running than any undead Jason has a good grip, resistance and start with a decent amount of traps, form me that makes him by far the less annoying experience as Jason, mostly when dealing with kill squads and trolls

On 4/21/2020 at 11:17 PM, Coach Feratu said:

Part 8 is objectively the best. Part 9 is objectively the worst. Part 4 is my personal favorite.

Part 4 is the worst. 

- shift, - traps.  

Those are the two worst weaknesses for Jason in the game.

Throw in a - water speed for good measure.  

Part IV has no ability to control any of the objectives in the game.  He can't stop cars, he can't catch the boat and he doesn't have enough traps to stop objectives from being fixed in the first place.  Nor the traps to either trap his shack or the tommy power box. 

Also not every Jason is good...Part IV is straight up garbage who no one should play as unless they want to handicap themselves before the match even starts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Part 4 is the worst. 

- shift, - traps.  

Those are the two worst weaknesses for Jason in the game.

Throw in a - water speed for good measure.  

Part IV has no ability to control any of the objectives in the game.  He can't stop cars, he can't catch the boat and he doesn't have enough traps to stop objectives from being fixed in the first place.  Nor the traps to either trap his shack or the tommy power box. 

Your point? I said he was my favorite, not the best. 

3 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Also not every Jason is good...Part IV is straight up garbage who no one should play as unless they want to handicap themselves before the match even starts.

Bullshit. Anyone who's decent with Jason can consistently win with any Jason. And Part 4 is not the worst. Shift and traps are brutal, and definitely keep him in lower tier, but running, destruction and damage are much better bonuses than you seem to think. Hell, 7 also has -shift and -traps and he can't even run. He's clearly worse than 4, and I still see people sweep with him. And if you say "well against an organized group of players, you'd get beat." Maybe, but the same goes for Part 8 Jason, or any of the high tiers.

Just now, Coach Feratu said:

Your point? I said he was my favorite, not the best. 

Bullshit. Anyone who's decent with Jason can consistently win with any Jason. And Part 4 is not the worst. Shift and traps are brutal, and definitely keep him in lower tier, but running, destruction and damage are much better bonuses than you seem to think. Hell, 7 also has -shift and -traps and he can't even run. He's clearly worse than 4, and I still see people sweep with him. And if you say "well against an organized group of players, you'd get beat." Maybe, but the same goes for Part 8 Jason, or any of the high tiers.

My point is Part IV is objectively the worst Jason.  As he has zero ability to control objectives thanks to his weaknesses. 

Destruction is pointless once you figure out how to properly knock down doors.  

Part VII does not have negative shift, he has neutral shift. 

He is not "objectively" the worst. There are other Jasons with -traps, and destruction is useful. It doesn't matter if you do it the "right way" the destruction bonus WILL get you through that door faster. 9 is objectively the worst. Especially if you're worried about Jason killers. Shift grab isn't the ONLY way to win as Jason. 4's other strengths reduce the need for a great shift. Between running and destruction, you WILL be closing the distance between you and counselors faster than other Jasons. You don't need a great shift. But of course, none of this changes the fact that I never said 4 was great. Just that he was my favorite. And NONE of the Jasons are garbage. A good Jason can usually sweep. Even against great players.

When i first started playing the game, the one thing i wanted was part 2 Jason. I remember unlocking him and then taking a break from the game because that's all i wanted probably because i have a soft spot for part 2 because it's my favorite movie and i prefer the look of sackhead Jason.

I'm a part 2 main obviously as his kit is suited to how i play the game. Cars are your biggest danger but if you can become a lockdown objective player you'll do well. He can put pressure on multiple objectives with how fast his morph is plus he can run which adds extra pressure. He has his weaknesses for sure but his always been my strongest Jason.

In terms of balanced, i'd say part 5 is the most balanced in terms of a jack of all trades. Part 8 is very strong and while he can't run, he makes up for it in his balanced cooldowns and destruction. 

I've always loved playing all of the Jason's, even part 7 before he got re worked as they all have their  own unique abilities. 

• Like 1