Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TimDuke 01

What was the original survival/escape rate supposed to be? % wise

Recommended Posts

I was under the impression it was 20% AT BEST.Someone on the Steam discussion board thinks it should be 50%.I told them they bought the wrong game.LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that escaping  should NOT be a 50/50 things overall.  It should be a bunch of kids vs. an OP Jason - that's the point.  He needs a buff or the kids need a nerf IMO. Makes an escape that much more rewarding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best guess: at launch only 1 counselor was expected to survive/escape (as an average value). Speaking of a full lobby this would be ca. 15%.

last matches I played as a counselor, the escape/survival rate had been more like +40% with 3-4 surviving counselors:

Whenever police got called (which had been often) and 2-3 counselors ran to the exit, no chance for Jason to outrun them, with the counselors protecting themselves. Same for the 4seater escape, whenever Jason was even able to stop the car and grab the driver, the co-drivers just exited the car as well, helped the driver by stunning Jason and the driver was free again.

At this very point I am looking forward to see what kind of change(s) (= nerf/buff) we all will get with the next patch. I keep my fingers crossed for the human meat shield + more HP for Jason‘s mask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I was under the impression it was 20% AT BEST.Someone on the Steam discussion board thinks it should be 50%.I told them they bought the wrong game.LOL

 

4 hours ago, 45 RPM said:

I agree that escaping  should NOT be a 50/50 things overall.  It should be a bunch of kids vs. an OP Jason - that's the point.  He needs a buff or the kids need a nerf IMO. Makes an escape that much more rewarding.

 And it still is, that is if Jason was against a "bunch of kids" (new players).  +150s w/ over 1000 hours aren't kid, and it's always going to be hard to balance when you have 7 intelligent players who are experienced vs 1 single killer.  They can buff Jason as much as they want, with the exception of something ridiculous like killing counselors as soon as he looks at them, Jason will be at a disadvantage simply being outnumbered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

 

 And it still is, that is if Jason was against a "bunch of kids" (new players).  +150s w/ over 1000 hours aren't kid, and it's always going to be hard to balance when you have 7 intelligent players who are experienced vs 1 single killer.  They can buff Jason as much as they want, with the exception of something ridiculous like killing counselors as soon as he looks at them, Jason will be at a disadvantage simply being outnumbered.

I totally agree.

If this emulated a movie ideally, it would be one survivor per match. Safety in numbers and extensive experience and understanding of the mechanics make that less likely. An efficient coordinated team of seven could likely survive match after match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you take a jason with about the same skill  level as all 7 of the counselors, the counselors will overpower Jason. Counselors shouldn’t feel as powerful as they do against Jason. JASON should be the one feeling OP to go against. Not some team of little counselors. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s all about how Jason plays.  You have to be smart and deny them calling Tommy and then it comes down to how efficient the counselors are. Jason can’t be in two places at once, so do you block the car or block the phone. Jason controls the narrative,  break doors on one side of the cabin so you can sneak in, force them the panic. 

Personally I do this:

1. Cut and trap the power box at the tommy radio.

2. Cut another powerbox (keep in mind I’m breaking doors and windows and getting knives while my morph is recharging.

3. Look and see where the counselors are if it’s near the objectives go there, if can tell trap the phone.

4. Place a third trap at the 4 seater if I haven’t done it.

I main part 8 and I hold onto my traps and respond to what the counselors do. If they fix the car trap the drivers seat, if they push the tommy house cut the power and retrap. I force them the burn their knives on cutting a trap or waiting my grab.  I usually go 8/8 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...