m3ga_monk3y.cfg

Someone told me that the PHD in Murder achievement is impossible to achieve?

One of my F13 mates told us that theres one kill in the game that actually doesn't give you credit for some reason, making you stuck on 55/56 on the PHD in Murder achievement. I'm currently stuck on 55/56.

I got the achievement on PS4, so it's possible, or at least was. It was a while ago, so it's possible one of the kills might have gotten glitched during one of the patches.

4 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

One of my F13 mates told us that theres one kill in the game that actually doesn't give you credit for some reason, making you stuck on 55/56 on the PHD in Murder achievement. I'm currently stuck on 55/56.

I also have it for PS4.

I believe it is still possible to unlock....

I have noticed that certain kills that can be done in multiple different areas (example: corner kill... can be done on large rocks, pinball machine, desks, fence rails, Higgins porch’s, Packanack porch and the tombstone......And the closet/locker/out house kill)....need to be done in all the different locations to count.

My friend just got the achievement on PC, after killing Jason? When he was Tommy? Wtf? It wasn't even his first time killing Jason, too. He just killed me when I was Jason, and randomly shouted that he got the achievement?

1 hour ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

My friend just got the achievement on PC, after killing Jason? When he was Tommy? Wtf? It wasn't even his first time killing Jason, too. He just killed me when I was Jason, and randomly shouted that he got the achievement?

I have heard of this happening before..... it wasn’t a necessary originally but maybe something the developers added to make the achievement pop in one of the updates?

It was bugged at one time, but that was long ago. As I recall (someone feel free to correct me) there was one kill that either couldn't be done, or wouldn't register as being done, which stopped the trophy/achievement from popping. A patch corrected the problem, and I remember getting the trophy right after. Keep in mind, as @OCT 31 1978 pointed out, there are certain variations of the corner slam kill that have to be done at different locations. It's the same animation every time, but the object you're doing it on counts as a separate kill.

This is a good list to refer to; http://forum.f13game.com/topic/10137-kill-list-updated/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

As I recall (someone feel free to correct me) there was one kill that either couldn't be done, or wouldn't register as being done, which stopped the trophy/achievement from popping.

Keep in mind, as @OCT 31 1978 pointed out, there are certain variations of the corner slam kill that have to be done at different locations. It's the same animation every time, but the object you're doing it on counts as a separate kill.

Only thing I can remember was the torpedo badge, that required you to perform a boat kill, which of course isn't available in the final game so the badge got changed to flipping over the boat.

I've never done the corner kill on a tombstone, and I don't think I've done it on a boulder before getting the achievement, so it shouldn't be necessary everywhere.

On 4/16/2020 at 9:39 AM, SteveChristy said:

It was bugged at one time, but that was long ago. As I recall (someone feel free to correct me) there was one kill that either couldn't be done, or wouldn't register as being done, which stopped the trophy/achievement from popping. A patch corrected the problem, and I remember getting the trophy right after. Keep in mind, as @OCT 31 1978 pointed out, there are certain variations of the corner slam kill that have to be done at different locations. It's the same animation every time, but the object you're doing it on counts as a separate kill.

This is a good list to refer to; http://forum.f13game.com/topic/10137-kill-list-updated/

ooooohhh... so the kill where you grab their head and smash their face into a wall a few times, the animation also can be done on one of the walls outside packanack lodge, but are you saying that it also has to be done in other spots like the fence in front of higgins barn?

I remember mine popping after a door slam kill. I'd probably done that kill 50 times before that. I'd say it's not impossible. That achievement has always had issues as I recall. 

As a side note, there is a kill in the Higgins cemetery where you press slam them onto the fence. That's a pretty rare one. I'd try doing that one if you haven't done it yet.

I've earned this trophy three times on PS4; every time it unlocked exactly when it should have. I don't believe it's bugged. Never played offline.

On 4/19/2020 at 6:35 AM, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

ooooohhh... so the kill where you grab their head and smash their face into a wall a few times, the animation also can be done on one of the walls outside packanack lodge, but are you saying that it also has to be done in other spots like the fence in front of higgins barn?

Right. That kind of thing. Though I can't specifically remember if the face slam needed to be done on both maps (safe bet that it does), I know for sure the corner slam kill had to be done in different locations, despite being essentially the same kill. If memory serves, I think the trophy popped for me when I did the corner slam on one of the tables/desks in the back of a cabin at Crystal Lake. I had done the kill on every other surface but that particular one.

• Like 1