Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've been playing my nephew's copy of this great game for a while now but I have a question. When you first get the game and pop it into your PS4 for the very first time can you choose which Jason to start the game with? I really love the Part IX Jason look but I don't want to wait 'til level 31 to unlock him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a two Jasons already unlocked when you start (Part III and Part V), but there's no way to get IX until you reach the required level.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum, but I am afraid you have to unlock many counselors, skins and Jasons when you start the game for the first time.

However, with the ongoing double XP being received after each round, you should reach yr aimed level pretty fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i usually run Part 4 a lot - i like the mobility and the destructibility... the only Jason i really don't like to use is Sackhead - for whatever reason i am just shit with him lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Part 3 is a good all-rounder to get you familiar with the game. Most people's favorites seem to be Part 3, 6, and 8. I like Part 5 myself. Especially with the green coveralls(the canon color).

Not-Jason's coveralls were sort of a dingy blue in A New Beginning not green. I do love the Part III Jason in the game but I don't know why they included Roy Burns. The dream sequence Jason in Part V would've been much better. With the worms in the eye sockets of the hockey mask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

Not-Jason's coveralls were sort of a dingy blue in A New Beginning not green. I do love the Part III Jason in the game but I don't know why they included Roy Burns. The dream sequence Jason in Part V would've been much better. With the worms in the eye sockets of the hockey mask. 

I would love to have seen Dream sequence Jason in the game the worm eyes would have been a great look !

Roys Coveralls only look blue because of the blue lighting used in the night time shots during the day in more natural lighting his coveralls are actually spruce green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I would love to have seen Dream sequence Jason in the game the worm eyes would have been a great look !

Roys Coveralls only look blue because of the blue lighting used in the night time shots during the day in more natural lighting his coveralls are actually spruce green.

I'm going to have to watch Part V again. Never have I seen Roy's coveralls being anywhere near green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2018 at 3:58 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

This one goes out to all of you Roy fans. After the release of Roy and Pinehurst, we saw large conversations about the color of Roy’s overalls. 
 
“Roy’s coveralls are green, but these are blue”
 
“They are blue, look at this screenshot”
 
“They are green, look at THIS screenshot”
 
And back and forth it went for days. With no end to the debate in sight, I asked Ronnie what the actual color was, and he let me know that there were ongoing conversations about that exact topic, and that the blue coveralls were not the only color we planned on Roy having.
 
Ronnie had been working with the team at IllFonic in creating mock ups of Roy to find the shade of green that matched multiple scenes from Friday the 13th: Part V. Apparently, Ronnie had spent quite a bit of time tracking down experts, memorabilia owners, and costumers to find the right shade. As it turns out, that’s not an easy thing to do. 
 
With responses from contacts of “cool grey” and “blue with green tones”, he was left without an actual definable color. Ronnie followed up on a lead of “spruce green”, and what he found is that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of colors named “spruce green”, and that they vary substantially.
 
After weeks of digging for info, tracking down colors, and mock up iterations with an artist, we have settled on the following color.
 
GreenRoy (1).png
 
Is this color going to be a perfect match for every scene in Friday the 13th: Part V? No, but it is very close. 
 
Friday the 13th: The Game will include both blue and green coverall options for Roy - green being the default, and blue being a secondary option - for everyone's favorite paramedic in the next update.

 

6 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

I'm going to have to watch Part V again. Never have I seen Roy's coveralls being anywhere near green.

This was from one of our original community leads after they originally released Roy with his pajama blue colored coveralls....and why they decided to change them to a default green.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the minority of Sackhead players.  I make great use of his traps and mobility.  While I would prefer him to not have such a glass jaw and a bit more muscle to bash down doors,  he's my main. Part 8 is my strong second with the Destruction, Shift, and Water Speed. Cheers and game on, my friends 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I would love to have seen Dream sequence Jason in the game the worm eyes would have been a great look !

Roys Coveralls only look blue because of the blue lighting used in the night time shots during the day in more natural lighting his coveralls are actually spruce green.

Correct.

Just like Michael Myers coveralls in the original Halloween were Spruce Green.

I suspect they're actually the same coveralls.  Spruce Green Big Macs from JC Penneys.  LOL

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Correct.

Just like Michael Myers coveralls in the original Halloween were Spruce Green.

I suspect they're actually the same coveralls.  Spruce Green Big Macs from JC Penneys.  LOL

Apparently there is a hidden section for Homicidal maniacs at JC Penney’s...😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I would love to have seen Dream sequence Jason in the game the worm eyes would have been a great look !

Me too.

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

Spruce Green Big Macs from JC Penneys.

I learned something new today.

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Apparently there is a hidden section for Homicidal maniacs at JC Penney’s...😂

It wouldn't surprise me. Now I know what to buy Jason and Michael for Christmas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

 

I learned something new today.

 

I know for a fact that the Halloween Coveralls are Spruce Big Macs from JC Penney, unsure on Roy's but they look pretty much identical if you compare them.  Plus they were cheap back in the day which helps with budget costs.  AFAIK they are no longer made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I know for a fact that the Halloween Coveralls are Spruce Big Macs from JC Penney, unsure on Roy's but they look pretty much identical if you compare them.  Plus they were cheap back in the day which helps with budget costs.  AFAIK they are no longer made.

They would have made for good cosplay.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fair Play said:

They would have made for good cosplay.

 

You can still find them on ebay for sale occasionally.  Plus as long as you get the color right you can go with other coveralls and just weather them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

Not-Jason's coveralls were sort of a dingy blue in A New Beginning not green. I do love the Part III Jason in the game but I don't know why they included Roy Burns. The dream sequence Jason in Part V would've been much better. With the worms in the eye sockets of the hockey mask. 

The guy that played Roy said they were green. The blue appearance comes from the copious amount of blue lighting for the night time scenes.

 

As for Michael Myers, interestingly enough the original coveralls from H1 were not Bic Macs. Big Macs are very close but the real brand is out of production for decades now. The real brand is Sears Tradewear. It was labeled as "grey" but it was more of a green color, or green-grey. The link below has all the information.

https://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=114760

vAd4ZMV.jpg

4lnYEWi.jpg

Big Macs are very very close but the stitching is slightly different.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's enough places that list spruce green big mac coveralls as the ones used in Halloween 1. and 2 for that matter, and something I saw years ago from Nick Castle that stated those were the ones used in the original mainly because of how cheap they were and easy to buy.  No idea where I saw it anymore to link it.  While Big Macs, in that style haven't been produced in years, they were certainly made in 1978 and 1985.   

Which doesn't necessarily mean that spruce green big macs were the ones used in F13 V but the coloring for them is exactly the same on film as they were in H1.  Plus Dick Wieand, actor who played Roy, stated in the His Name Was Jason documentary thing "the first time I put on the green jumpsuit and the boots...""  The comment by Dick is stated at 42 minutes in for those so inclined

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SirMang said:

There's enough places that list spruce green big mac coveralls as the ones used in Halloween 1. and 2 for that matter, and something I saw years ago from Nick Castle that stated those were the ones used in the original mainly because of how cheap they were and easy to buy.  No idea where I saw it anymore to link it.  While Big Macs, in that style haven't been produced in years, they were certainly made in 1978 and 1985.   

Which doesn't necessarily mean that spruce green big macs were the ones used in F13 V but the coloring for them is exactly the same on film as they were in H1.  Plus Dick Wieand, actor who played Roy, stated in the His Name Was Jason documentary thing "the first time I put on the green jumpsuit and the boots...""  The comment by Dick is stated at 42 minutes in for those so inclined

 

Tom Morga played Roy Burns as the Jason imposter in A New Beginning not Dick Wiend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

Tom Morga played Roy Burns as the Jason imposter in A New Beginning not Dick Wiend.

Dick was Roy in all unmasked scenes.  Including the ending where he's in the coveralls. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Dick was Roy in all unmasked scenes.  Including the ending where he's in the coveralls. 

Dick Wiend didn't do any of the killings though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason Lover said:

Dick Wiend didn't do any of the killings though.

And Tom Morga wasn't the only person wearing the mask in the movie.  John Hock also did.  

I was just pointing out an actor who donned the costume saying the color of the coveralls, or jumpsuit as he called it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

Dick Wiend didn't do any of the killings though.

The entire point is to dress him up to look like the other guy. They'd use the same coveralls or at least another copy of the same kind. Dude was there on set, he saw Tom Morga in the costume. The blue is from the lighting. Blue lighting for night time and lightning is common in movies. Same reason why people think Michael Myers wore blue; because they used blue lighting heavily.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 9:43 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The guy that played Roy said they were green. The blue appearance comes from the copious amount of blue lighting for the night time scenes.

 

As for Michael Myers, interestingly enough the original coveralls from H1 were not Bic Macs. Big Macs are very close but the real brand is out of production for decades now. The real brand is Sears Tradewear. It was labeled as "grey" but it was more of a green color, or green-grey. The link below has all the information.

https://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=114760

vAd4ZMV.jpg

4lnYEWi.jpg

Big Macs are very very close but the stitching is slightly different.

The pocket flap is whats wrong with big macs for H1. But they're pretty close. Im not sure about Royson's coveralls though. Never cared enough to pay that much attention. I doubt they're the same though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...